Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
laxmom

Stay true to yourself

Dear Gerry, In hearing the news about Heath Ledger's death, I felt compelled to write to you. I hope that you never let the line blur between fantasy & reality in your acting career. I'm sure that some roles are more emotionally draining than others but I hope that at the end of the day, you just stay Gerry. No career could be worth your life. I know that you invest yourself in your roles but you always need to remember what is important. Family & friends mean more than any career. You are a very talented actor & I wish all the best for you in the new year. Stay well, put family & friends first, & be true to yourself. Acting is a tough business but balance is the key.

All the best I wish for you,

MaryLee

Can I just add an AMEN to that!

hugs,

Sue

I also want to say what a great letter. We all know that Gerry has a great head on his shoulders, but everyone has their breaking point. Let's hope that Gerry remains close with his family - that's what will keep him grounded. But also remember, Gerry is a lot older than many of the young actors who succumb to the pressures of Hollywood. I am so grateful for that!

You said it all, MaryLee.

Lisa

I would also like to say amen, laxmom and ask you Gerry to remember that you are loved for yourself, by those close to you and those you will never know. We understand the pain you carry and appreciate the joy you give and there isn't one of us who wouldn't tell you to chuck it the second it is no longer what makes you happy.

Please join us in loving you for the very special person that you are, be good to yourself, and may your life be all you would have it be.

Loni

I fear for those in this world who are more sensitive, and who feel deeper than the average person. So much in this world comes against the fragile artists, who give much of themselves to their art, and can be wounded in the process. These people are often their own worst enemies, as they are rarely pleased with their work, and must always strive for perfection. The need to be perfect haunts them, and they cannot escape the fear... that they are not good enough.

I pray that Gerry draws strength and confidence from STABLE people, and sets reasonable goals for himself. Not to be perfect and not to be haunted by the sense of never being good enough... but simply to do the best he can, and to be satisfied and fulfilled.

It is so sad that down through the ages, destructive insecurities and self loathing have brought down so many lovely and gifted people.

As I pray for Heath's peace, I am with you all, in praying that nothing like this ever happens to Gerry.

Swannie

I Agree With The AMEN! Gerry, Stay True To Yourself & All Of Us GALS Are Behind You...PLEASE Don't Get Mixed Up With The Glitz & Glamor Of The "NEW" Hollywood Lifestyle....Stay Healthy,Strong & Handsome!

We All Are Here Cheering Your Career On...I Just Want You To Know WE Are All Here For You....

Hugs & An Extra Kiss,

Mama J

(I feel really silly doing this, but I feel compelled at the same time . . .)

Gerry:

I don't really feel like I need to tell you what to do or how to live your life. You're smarter than most people in your business, and you know what to do and what not to do. I think that when something like the death of Heath Ledger happens, fans of every different celebrity around the world think to themselves, "What if it was . . ." So, of course, we're all thinking about you tonight.

Whenever you get to that dark place you've talked about, I hope that you don't dwell there. I hope you remember all the things you have in your life that are such blessings. Forget about the cars, the homes, the bank account, etc. Remember you have a mother who adores you; family who is so proud of you; and a legion of fans that would follow you to the ends of the earth. If you decided to turn your back on Hollywood, I don't think there's very many of us who would turn our backs on you. I think that more than anything, your fans have the utmost respect for you, and I hope you know that. We support and defend you and your career with the voracity of 300 Spartans.

I will even be so bold as to say that I really do love you so very much, and I only want you to be happy, healthy and safe. You've shared so much of yourself with us, that our love for you is so real. So, sometimes when life gets too much, please hold on to that.

Be safe; be smart; and most of all, be happy.

With so much love I send this . . . Lisa

:clap::clap::clap: very well said Lisa...

Gerry, as Lisa said, it's only natural when something like this happens that we dwell on "oh my God, what if something like this happened to Gerry"...please don't think us crazy...it's just that we care so deeply!

love,

Sue

Dear Gerry,

Like Lisa, who put things so perfectly, I feel really silly, but utterly compelled...

I hope to God that you have read all these outpourings of love and true concern for your health and happiness here. I haven't been a part of this wonderful, friendly, funny, caring place for very long, but I can tell you that these women truly care, as do I.

So many of us wives and mothers (or indeed sisters and daughters) relate to what the Ledger family must be feeling right now, that we just have to tell the people we care about to be extra careful with themselves.

This talented young man's lonely death has many of us sitting in front of our computers, in tears, wondering what to say, some of us are wonderfully articulate as you, I hope, have seen. I'm not able to think anything earthshatteringly beautiful like the others, so I'll just say :

You just take extra care of yourself or we'll gang up and come and belt you one :boink: and do it for you!!! That is a promise!

Love, (yes, really)

Sorsha xxxx

I think it's awesome that even though some of us feel silly sending Gerry a message here, we're doing it anyway. This tragedy has really hit many of us hard, and I'm grateful for a place where we can feel free to post how we feel and in our own small way feel like we're letting Gerry know. He may not read these letters, but I for one am very glad I wrote it.

I think there are many of us who are a little worried or scared right now becuase I think there was a report that Gerry had taken Ambien during the filming of PSILY. I just want to say that I don't think we have anything to worry about. Like I wrote in my letter to him, I believe he's smarter than the average bear. I just put him in God's hands and know that Gerry will be alright.

We love you, Gerry, so very much. :)

Lisa

I would like to say Amen to all that you all have said!!! And Gerry if you ever need anything when you are down...all I can say is pray and God will take care of you.

Paige :wave:

I have a feeling you are a pretty centered person and I know beyond a shadow of a doubt you are a gracious and humble person from watching your interviews.

I saw where sang a long with the Japanese Interviewer even though it was obvious you were not expecting that. You sounded great by the way.

May you know joy, peace and happiness and feel unconditional love.

Have a great rest of your life and may it be many many many more years.

Because I am terribly selfish and I want you to be around forever. :nanana:

A new Yet True Fan,

Tracy :thankyou::rose::hearts:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Gerry, I believe you know how much you are loved by your fans and family and friends. always remember that you have impressed so many of us with your sincerity, wisdom and humor. I respect your outlook on life, your ability to achieve what you want and the ability to accept critique of your work with wit and good humor....not allowing it to linger and fester into doubt or ill feelings. Keep up the wonderful acting you do do and always remember to live your life as you want to, not as someone says you must. You are a wonderful person and deserve all that you hope for. Keep well, keep grounded and always know you are loved....

THE BEST DAY OF YOUR LIFE IS THE ONE

ON WHICH YOU DECIDE YOUR LIFE IS YOUR OWN !!!

NO APOLOGIES OR EXCUSES

NO ONE TO LEAN ON , RELY ON , NOR TO BLAME !!!

THE GIFT IS YOURS ALONE -IT IS AN AMAZING JOURNEY

AND YOU ALONE ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR THE QUALITY OF IT !!!

THIS IS THE DAY YOUR LIFE REALLY BEGINS !!!

(SOURCE UNKNOWN )

THINK ABOUT IT AND

STAY TRUE TO YOURSELF ALWAYS !!!

DLSPBS - PAT Posted Image