Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Guest greyeyegoddess

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Guest greyeyegoddess

WELCOME to the 37th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 32 floors to go to reach 69 again!

While our hostess is away, I've had the honor to start a new floor. It's a first for moi. I'll wait for her to give it a spiffy new topic.

~alice

THANKS ALICE - I was away all day and just got back so I read the first few posts and think the theme for this floor should be Interior Decorating. Afterall, we are building this big huge clinic - on our 2nd highrise, and any building really needs some beautiful interior design to keep people wanting to come visit, and to get them to suggest their friends come visit too. So this will be the Interior Design floor - and we know that the most beautiful of all designs is GERRY!

Continue on all you designing women! (Oh, and if a PAL wishes to contribute that is welcome too!)

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Edited by Susan~Sporran
To give this floor a theme

Am I first?

EDIT: YEAH, I'M NUMERO UNO!!!

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Guest greyeyegoddess

And a gentle reminder:

If you are going to be quoting someone, please do not quote the pictures. If you MUST quote a picture, please take the brackets off the quotes [] so we can save space on the site. Plus if you are responding to a post and you are posting right after it, quotes aren't necessary.

Pictures posting limit is still 10 pictures in a post. Pictures in a post cannot exceed 250 pixels x 250 pixels. You can find out how big a picture is by putting your mouse on the picture, right clicking it, and choosing "properties".

These rules about picture quoting has actually been on the board for a long time. See rules:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...p?showtopic=809

Please adhere to the picture size guidelines as much as you can.

Avatars 100 pixels by 100 pixels

2nd avatars-no wider than 120 pixels

Signatures-300 pixels high x 600 pixels wide

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...?showtopic=4491

More importantly, admins and mods will be editing posts if guidelines are not followed.

:streaker:

SSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSTREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAK!

(I don't care that I'm not the first, this is my first time!)

:funnyface:

Edited by Adelheid

*Furnishes new thread with a fave-vid to take the edge of a blatant shortage of images as is ,

- as said, NEW thread* :heat:

Breathless :music:

:igotgals::drink:

Edited by NordicGirl

*wonders if Eva Mari is a sleepwalker*

:kisswink:

I know, it's silly...but I rather enjoyed being first. Never happened to me in the Support Center before! Now someone needs to pour the Gerry Juice onto the screen for my nightly fix.

Check this out for strange, Ladies...

Brayan had to go to the Doctor today. He was super fussy and had a high temp. He has strep throat! None of us do, so we're trying to decide where on earth he got it since he doesn't leave the house.

Anyhoo... back to the lusting.

:lol:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

*decorating*

just because :wub:

awww shucks...I'll never get here first!

I like your idea of decorating EM and Adelheid!!!

Lish, that's kinda scary .... poor Brayan...I'll be saying a prayer for him!

hugs to all!

Sue

Hey GALS... I'm feeling so much better this morning! I've been researching sleeping disorders, and last night I took a different approach to my problem. I've also set a specific bedtime for each night, and will avoid all night writing sessions from now on. Anyhow, I woke up off and on all night long, but the point is I SLEPT!!!! I feel human again.

I thank you all for your concern. You are are such a supportive community.

Much love,

Swannie

:yippee: That's great Bonnie!!! I can't imagine how hard this has been for you!

Hello GALS:

Hope you are all doing fine.

Donna: Itsn't the work place just :fook:ed up sometimes?

I got an eval a while back saying that I needed to be more

kiss arse with the donors. Not their exact words but close enough.

No matter how bad they treat us (the donors) they are always

right. Manangement doesnt back their employees here, no matter

what the circumstances are.

So last night a donor was being VERY rude to me and VERY vocal.

I went to the arse. (Assistant Manager). She comes out to the guy,

apoligizes, and that was the end of it. Didnt say, dont talk to our

employees that way or watch your language.

So after work I cleaned out my locker, and quit.

I start my new job in a couple of weeks. :fook: em all!!!

Yes I was going to work the full two weeks, but sometimes money

is not the most important thing. I think when I left there my blood

pressue was through the roof. But I'm very calm today........... :dance:

I'm taking a girlfriend to see PSILY tonight. That will lower my blood

pressure... Wait, What am I saying??? Tenth time for me. I never

tire of seeing Himself on the big screen. (Or the little one for that matter)

Threat of snow this weekend. Oregonians just dont know how to drive

in it. We dont get it too often.

My granddaughters 10th birthday party is Sat. She wants Elvis stuff for

crying out loud....WTF? Where did that come from?

And my 11 yr old granddaughter has developed a crush on Clark Gable?

Well she got that one from me..... She has good taste. LOL

Lish: Poor Brayan, hope he gets well real soon..

Adelheid: I love the way you decorate. That would go with any

decor in my house!!!

Gotta run, have a wonderful rest of the day

Debbie

Lish, hug that Brayan for me, little man has been through enough, he doesn't need this too..plus HE'S TOO ADORABLE to be sick! There, I've declared it.

SWANNIE, excellent news, I know I get like that, where I can't sleep, it's not fun at all.

Mmmm..you all decorate so well, are you for hire?? ;)

Guest DonnaKat

So after work I cleaned out my locker, and quit.

That's what I want to do! No job is worth being humiliated for.

I'm taking a girlfriend to see PSILY tonight. That will lower my blood pressure... Wait, What am I saying??? Tenth time for me. I never tire of seeing Himself on the big screen. (Or the little one for that matter)

I have to laugh, because a gal from another forum I'm on was asking about PSILY (i.e. should I bring tissues, etc.). She wasn't a real fan of "300" so she wasn't sure if she should go see it or not. I assured her that "Gerry" is entirely different than "Leo" and that she needs to go see it. Well, she went...and then she responded by saying something to the effect of having a "renewed appreciation for Gerard Butler's nekkid torso", and talking about how gorgeous he is, and how she loved the "sexy leprechaun dance". :rotflmao: (her words, not mine :lol: )

Then she mentions about what happened in the cinema. It seems there were all women in there, and they were all, and I quote: "munching and crackling away with their wrappers and chit chatting but when Gerry started doin his thing they all went totally silent LOL!!!"

She called it a "beautiful movie", and I think she loved it. Now I'm hoping she gets her butt over here and starts posting with us, since she's registered in this forum and has not yet once posted! :lol: Of course, if she sees me quoting her like this, she'll probably thump me one (except she's in another country and can't :funnyface: ).

My granddaughters 10th birthday party is Sat. She wants Elvis stuff for crying out loud....WTF? Where did that come from?

I dunno, but I had a major crush on Elvis when I was about 10. Granted I'm old as dirt, but still not old enough to have kiddie Elvis crushes...or am I? ;)

And my 11 yr old granddaughter has developed a crush on Clark Gable?

Nothing wrong with that! Every time I see "Gone With the Wind", I get a little crushy myself. ;)

Check this out for strange, Ladies...

Brayan had to go to the Doctor today. He was super fussy and had a high temp. He has strep throat! None of us do, so we're trying to decide where on earth he got it since he doesn't leave the house.

Anyhoo... back to the lusting.

:lol:

Someone could have been carrying something on their hands etc. when they came by and in turn he caught it. Per my doctor something is going around. My little guy had a fever for over 3 days and when we took him to the doctor they took a throat culture for strep but it came back negative. Keep him comfortable and hopefully he will feel better soon. Keep us posted.

Swannie - Aren't you at least a bit curious on the acupuncture? :lol: I want to try it but I don't have an ailment to get it for. I wonder does stress count?

I'm watching the last new episode of "Ugly Betty" then they're done. I have nothing else to watch. This strike sucks it really does.

Time to go search YouTube for some interesting videos. There are some strange people out there.

Cassie

Swannie - Aren't you at least a bit curious on the acupuncture? :lol: I want to try it but I don't have an ailment to get it for. I wonder does stress count?

Cassie[/size][/color]

Actually Cassie, YES it does count. Stress can give you a whole number of illnesses and I go once a month and get all kinds of things taken care of at once...but one of the main things is stress (believe it or not).

Cassie, unfortunately, alternative therapies are not covered on our insurance plan, and with Bill not working regularly, we're a bit under financial pressure. Trucking is very slow right now, but he is beginning to improve, so hopefully he will be back to his full schedule by February. Thank goodness he's in not in so much pain.

Strep Throat is nasty stuff, Lish. Lets hope your little guy gets over it quickly. I had Strep Throat as a kid, and they say it somehow gave me a heart murmur, but I'd suffered with it for quite a while before my folks took me to the doc. Geez, that same year, I also had mono. What a crappy year that was!

I wish it would snow here!

Swannie

Wow, we're going through the floors much faster these days, I love it! :wub:

Donna, VERY amusing about your evaluation... "behavior improvement" this!! Oh, and I LOVE this -> :gah:

DAWN! Hey you!! I'm glad you're walking... hope you get the juices flowing, babe!

Lish, nasty nasty strep!! I'm sorry Brayan has it! :comfort: Not fun for him, or his mama! :hug99: Prayers, luv!

Swannie, hurray for sleep... I get whacked sleep schedules myself if I'm not careful... tell you what, the mixture of depression (wanting to sleep all the time) and ADD (wanting to constantly be working on something) is one hell of a contridiction. So I shall follow your example better myself in keeping a set bedtime.

Yooo Hellooooo to Sue, Cassie, Adelheid, Trekkie, Moonie, Amber, Eva Mari, Alice, and everyone!!

:hearts:

Oh, btw, since we're still spilling over from the Art of Gerry on this thread, if any of you missed this video, please take a look-see:

http://www.gerardbutlergals.com/forums/ind...=16103&st=0

It's called "Crashed into You"

~Mel

These floors are flying, I can barely keep up with it.

*holds onto ankles of floors*

You'll...never....get...away....!!

Hey Girls

A Quick Hello!!!!!! :dance:

I am 21 weeks now, can you believe it? Yikes! She is flipping and flopping.

Funniest thing my job is stupid right now too. What the heck. Who jinxed me?

Sue and Jill, I think we need a lunch or coffee soooon!!

Bye all :ohbaby2:

Mel, I found out that disruption of a regular sleep schedule is one of the main causes of serious sleep disorders, and it IS an epidemic in this country. Many Americans operate on only 3-4 hours of sleep daily, and eventually must seek help.

My problem is, I do enjoy writing when the house is quite and there are no interruptions, so when I first get into a new chapter, I'll stay up literally all night. Add to that the stress of Bill's back injury and other complications, and you have a perfect recipe for chronic insomnia.

I am soooooo done with that. Also, I've got to get back to my regular NT, because exercise creates nice endorphines that help you to sleep better at night.

I was prescribed Ambien at one time, but that stuff is way to strong for me. It really through for a loop, and after a few nights of taking that stuff, I got very depressed.

Well Nathan and Di and I are going to see PSILY tonight, the late show. My understanding is that tomorrow, it will be dropped from many theaters, so I want to see it once more before it leaves. I'm fascinated by the differing fan responses to this film.

Everyone, have a great evening!

Swannie

Swannie:

I'm so glad to read that you're being proactive about your insomnia! Good for you. I think we were all very worried about you! But, what does NT stand for?

Very interesting about sleep disorders, Swan... thanks for sharing the info, I really need to get more sleep at night myself.

Luckily, were I live PSILY is still going to be around come tomorrow... the local cinema put it in the smallest theater when it first came out, then two weeks later it was moved to a medium-sized theater and was selling out... Marcie and I went again today, and it was in one of their BIGGEST theaters!! Yeah baby!! :yippee: Ah ha, a sleeper hit!

Jenniper, 21 weeks! Holy Spartans!! Cassie, how far along are you?

~Mel