Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

Di, AKA: Naois, leaves for bootcamp!

I just want to let you all know that our lovely Diana leaves tomorrow for Boot Camp on Perris Island. When she graduates in 4 months, Di will be a Marine in the Marine Corp reserves, and will be stationed here in Portland.

Please keep this amazing young woman in your prayers and thoughts as she embarks on a new adventure and fulfills her calling.

It would be lovely if you would all leave your best wishes here, so she can read them when she returns.

For those who may not know who Di is... here is a pic of her and Nathan!

Posted Image

Swannie

Update 4/28: Our lovely Di has graduated from US Marine Corps Bootcamp, and is spending some time with her family in Texas, before she arrives here in Portland this coming Friday!

CONGRATULATIONS Diana!

Edited by Swansong

Swannie- Thanks for letting us know...

and To Di: You have my utmost respect for embarking on this adventure. My prayers are with you for your safety. Best Wishes!!

Annemarie

Dear Di - I am so proud of you for following your chosen path. My thoughts and prayers will be with you as you embark on this new adventure and chapter in your life.

DEVIL DOGS!!!!!!!!!! :lol: I will be thinking about ya, Di.

Semper Fi!

Good Luck Di! You're of small build but show them who's boss.

Cassie

Way to go girl! We'll be thinking about you!

Good luck and give us a shout when you can!

(((HUGS)))

zany xox

YOU GO DI!!

We'll all be thinking about you!!

Good luck, Di. Even the littlest GALS can roar!

HooRah!!

Hugs,

Suzie

Posted Image + the smallest frame can hold the greatest masterpiece! Proud of you!

All the best!!

Hugs from Eva Mari :wub:

Edited by NordicGirl

Di, I'm proud of you for following your dreams and I feel confident that you will be enormously successful in any endeavor you persue. :yourock: You will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Love ya,

Libby

Hi everyone,

I've copied this from Di's MySpace blog:

"My friends, the time has come to say goodbye. In two hours I embark on a 3 month journey to earn the title of United States Marine. My plane leaves at 0805 hours and I'll connect flights at DFW Airport and will arrive at Savannah Airport at 2115 (9:15pm). For those of you whom have known me for longer than a year know that this is something I've been wanting to do for years literally. And now my dreams are coming true before my eyes, and I have God to thank for the strength to pursue them.

Many things will change while I'm there, and I will be different when I come back BUT I will still be just Di. . .just Diana. Only stronger, more disciplined, taller, and harder. I will be a Marine but I will still have my smile, my spirit, and my big heart. I can't wait to come back and tell all of you about it, and show you some pictures. I want to thank you my friends for being there for me even when I wasn't there for you. I want to thank you for helping me through some rough times, and motivating me when I lacked the will. I owe each of you so much, and I wish I could at least give each of you a HUGE HUG. My boyfriend, Nathan, will be getting on my account and posting my boot camp address on a bulletin and blog if you want to mail me a letter (PLEASE!). He will also be posting any letters I mail to him over time.

I love each one of you very dearly, and ask that you don't forget me these three months. :) The following passage beneath is something I'm taking with me into boot camp. . . .this scripture of hope and motivation. Once again, thank you my friends. Until April 25, take care and God speed.

Much Love

Di

Psalm 31

1 In thee, O LORD, do I put my trust; let me never be ashamed: deliver me in thy righteousness.

2 Bow down thine ear to me; deliver me speedily: be thou my strong rock, for a house of defense to save me.

3 For thou art my rock and my fortress; therefore for thy name's sake lead me, and guide me.

4 Pull me out of the net that they have laid privily for me: for thou art my strength.

5 Into thine hand I commit my spirit: thou hast redeemed me, O LORD God of truth.

6 I have hated them that regard lying vanities: but I trust in the LORD.

7 I will be glad and rejoice in thy mercy: for thou hast considered my trouble; thou hast known my soul in adversities;

8 And hast not shut me up into the hand of the enemy: thou hast set my feet in a large room.

9 Have mercy upon me, O LORD, for I am in trouble: mine eye is consumed with grief, yea, my soul and my belly.

10 For my life is spent with grief, and my years with sighing: my strength faileth because of mine iniquity, and my bones are consumed.

11 I was a reproach among all mine enemies, but especially among my neighbours, and a fear to mine acquaintance: they that did see me without fled from me.

12 I am forgotten as a dead man out of mind: I am like a broken vessel.

13 For I have heard the slander of many: fear was on every side: while they took counsel together against me, they devised to take away my life.

14 But I trusted in thee, O LORD: I said, Thou art my God.

15 My times are in thy hand: deliver me from the hand of mine enemies, and from them that persecute me.

16 Make thy face to shine upon thy servant: save me for thy mercies' sake.

17 Let me not be ashamed, O LORD; for I have called upon thee: let the wicked be ashamed, and let them be silent in the grave.

18 Let the lying lips be put to silence; which speak grievous things proudly and contemptuously against the righteous.

19 Oh how great is thy goodness, which thou hast laid up for them that fear thee; which thou hast wrought for them that trust in thee before the sons of men!

20 Thou shalt hide them in the secret of thy presence from the pride of man: thou shalt keep them secretly in a pavilion from the strife of tongues.

21 Blessed be the LORD: for he hath showed me his marvellous kindness in a strong city.

22 For I said in my haste, I am cut off from before thine eyes: nevertheless thou heardest the voice of my supplications when I cried unto thee.

23 O love the LORD, all ye his saints: for the LORD preserveth the faithful, and plentifully rewardeth the proud doer.

24 Be of good courage, and he shall strengthen your heart, all ye that hope in the LORD."

Di!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm so happy for you that you're fulfilling your dreams! Good luck and I'll miss ya tons girl!!

Hugs,

Jenn

Dear Di,

There's NO DOUBT that you will excel in whatever path God directs you.

Will be thinking of you and praying for success! Keep on living that dream!

Hugs,

Katie

Di I am going to miss you but I'm glad you're following your dreams. I know deep down you'll still be the same Di we all love. I don't know how the Marine will make you taller though. :laugh: Love you lots!!!

hugs,

Per

Dear Di

Thank you for your service!!

I don't know you (yet) but I find my heart bursting with pride for you.

I would love to write letters to you so make sure we get your addy info.

It's people like you that make us strong as a nation.

THANK YOU!!!!

May God bless you and keep you.

PammieK

Thanks for sharing this with us, Swannie.

Di..babe.. I don't know what to say.

There are very few people who I have met, who I fell in love with

within the first 3 seconds of knowing them.

I met you and thought you were the sweetest, funniest, hella cool chick ever.

You and I sitting in the backseat of the car with my hand on your leg.

:lol: It aint what you think.. I swear.. :rotflmao:

You're very special, and very talented.

Knowing the dramatic arts is the deepest passion in my heart,

I was moved to watch you in Vegas. You are very in tune with

your emotions and spirit.

It shows in your smiling face that lights up an entire room.

You know how to make people feel special, and it's just from being around you.

I wish you the best, and want only wonderful things for you.

We'll all be pulling for you here.

Huge hugs!

:hugs:

Bethy

Di, good for you for following your dreams! You go girl! :claphands:

Di, sweetie, I know I haven't been around on the boards much lately, but I hope you know I think of you often, and wish you all the best!! :metoyou: Can't wait for your return, and the chance to give you a BUNCH OF :hugs: Take care, Di!

Issy

Diana,

I have the utmost respect for you. It takes a very strong and patriotic woman to do what you are doing. So I hope you know how much we appreciate your sacrifice :thankyou: as well as all the other Men and Women in our armed forces. May God walk with you on this journey and keep you safe and strong and may you rise up and meet all challenges head on. God Bless you and looking forward to hearing from you when you return. :wave:

God Speed,

Tojo :rose:

:hearts:

:wave: Di... I just want to add the same.....You make us proud Sweetie and may God be with you and keep you safe. BTW....just following your dreams is a step in the direction.

:bow2: Fran

To my dear sweet Di...

I am so proud of you...you are an extroidinary young lady, and I feel so blessed to call you friend.....I know this will be exactly what you want it to be.....there's no stopping you now......good luck...can't wait to hear all about it!!!!

Hugs,

Amy

Posted Image

Whoo Hoooo!! Di will be close enough to visit soon!! (Well, after she has had plenty of time to spend with Nathan, of course!) Can't wait to see you again, Di!

Isabeau

Semper Fi!

Congrats!!!

Posted Image

WAY TO GO, DI!!!

We are SO PROUD of YOU. Geesh, I wanna be like you when I grow up... :kisswink: