Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

WELCOME to the 38th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 31 floors to go to reach 69 again!

Since today is the 7th anniversary of the first time ever some of our GALS (and PALS) saw the face of the man we all love and admire - as Attila - I decided we would dedicate this floor to that role. Afterall, wasn't it THOSE EYES that captured hearts? Personally, I missed seeing Attila until 2005, but I knew as soon as I did that had I been fortunate enough to be tuned into it back in 2001 I'd have been a goner from that moment.

Posted Image

Never before had I seen such amazing on-screen kisses.

Posted Image

Never could I have imagined that a man in a diaper could be so freaking sexy!

Posted Image

Posted Image

So let's celebrate that most auspicious occasion of ATTILA the HUNK.

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

:woo: I did it! I'm first! And I didn't even think I would be able to post anything today! B2 is napping so I have a few minutes .... I'm having a blast with my grandbaby of course...and thanks Moonie and Frannie :kisswink:

B2 getting a bath by grandma last night in her kitchen sink:

Posted Image

Posted Image

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

Edited by irish

Sue, what a smile on that baby and those eyes,OMG!!! He's gonna need to carry a big stick to keep the girls away that's for sure.

You've got a lot to be proud of my friend.

Posted Image Peggy

Lord have Mercy, but that man looks soooo beautiful in this movie!!! :heat: :heat: :heat: When that tongue comes out of his mouth . . . :thud:

Here are some of my faves, also:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I need to watch this again verra soon!!!

Lisa

OH NO! I had such a hard time getting my contribution in the SC this morning to celebrate the first time ever I saw that magnificant King of the Huns and fell deeply under his spell! :wub: I will put it up again (at least I'll try) in case you missed it! I made it quite a while ago kinda as a first Vid. so it's not as good as most but it's Attila!

:dance: Fran

attila vid

Guest greyeyegoddess

Congrats, Sue for finally being first! And thanks for the cutie.

Can you believe that it was Attila that caught the attention of so many people? Who knew that Gerry would be so big after that? Ok, it's been a few years, and I'm glad I'm on board, but still. I didn't know that after watching, recording, buying Attila and buying Dracula, that he would be this big. I just thought he was a personal treat of mine. It's amazing to remember watching that the first time, even if you didn't watch it in 2001, and realize how much Ger's gone through to get where he is today...and how much his fans support and admire him and his work.

:attila::yummy: :greatking:

~alice

:music:

Sue...B2 is a wee cutie pie...I love his adorable smile!

Donna but I dont want alot of guys hitting on me...mother says its never good to have that type of reputation..especially in High School.

Phantom's Muse I still feel like I am going to kill him. Maybe I can get Erik to do the job XD.

Lish I hope you and wee Brayan are doing ok. I miss talking to you guys!

Paige :wave:

Christine - I forgot to say this in the last thread, but your sister sounds like a very intelligent and wise woman. ;) Seriously though, I'm glad she said a lot of the same things to you... :hugs:

So, Mousie and our parents were recently catching up on season five of "24," in which Powers Boothe plays the vice president, and whenever I was over there when they were watching it, I couldn't help but make Roman vs. Hun jokes... Mousie joined in as well, lol!

~Mel

Mel, I love "24"

Sue, B2 is just too adorable, how do you let him leave to go home?? I swear the camera companies would love me, I'd be taking so many pictures, it would be like I owned stock in the companies.

You all are so fast, I'm telling you, the thread is SMOKING.

So, Mousie and our parents were recently catching up on season five of "24," in which Powers Boothe plays the vice president, and whenever I was over there when they were watching it, I couldn't help but make Roman vs. Hun jokes... Mousie joined in as well, lol!

Actually, dear sis, it was season six, but yeah! :rotflmao:

Christine: I am 33 and have been living with my parents for more than eight years now. What started off as me just staying there to finish getting an occupational diploma from college turned into me getting my Associate Degree and then not being able to find a job and then getting really sick and then recuperating and then getting fired from two jobs in nine months and then being involved in four car collisions in two years (none of which were my fault, by the way) and then finally going back to school to get my Bachelor Degree. I have felt as you do, like I am a poor excuse for an adult and have felt guilty for "imposing" upon my parents. But I agree with Mel and your sister; just because you're an adult it doesn't mean that you won't go through hard times and need other peoples' help. We just do what we can and hope for the best. :wub:

Amber: wait until you get out of high school, it does get better, believe me. As the author Stephenie Meyer said "Don't ever let anyone tell you that high school is supposed to be fun. High school is to be endured. College is fun."

Everyone have SGD tonight that have to do with :mopboyattila:

Luv, Mousie :wub:

Mousie and Christine,

Our grown son was forced to move back home because of illness, and it looks like he may be living here for some time, while he gets his career going. I think it's much harder for young people to live on their own than it was when I moved out of my parents home. We live in a neighborhood where there are 2 families besides us, whose kids had to move back home.

I was raised with the understanding that when you turned 18 you were on your own. My dad literally tried to push me out of our house shortly after my 18th birthday. I did move out when I was 19, and never went back, but Bill and I have a totally different philosophy of parenting.

Nathan is our son, and if he has legit reasons for living at home, we are there for him.

I just think with expenses so high, it's tough for young people to make it out there.

Swannie

Amber: wait until you get out of high school, it does get better, believe me. As the author Stephenie Meyer said "Don't ever let anyone tell you that high school is supposed to be fun. High school is to be endured. College is fun."

Everyone have SGD tonight that have to do with :mopboyattila:

Luv, Mousie :wub:

I dunno as I agree with Stephanie Meyer on that particular aspect of life. I look back at high school, being almost done, and I had fun. True, there are somethings that I think are foolish, but that's always the case. And it was fun. Even the parts that I hate right now, all the so-called "drama," and such, I'll laugh about it in a year or two. That's the way it goes. But I am excited for college. A little scared, and very sad.....but excited all the same. Tomorrow is the last day of January. For some reason that feels significant to me...

Sad story: I've never seen Attila. I should probably do that someday.

Swannie~ Whenever I read your name, I want to sing that Swanee River song... "Swanee, how I love ya, how I love ya, my dear old Swanee...." Ha ha ha!

Well, that's that. Goodnight, GALS

~Amber~

Edited by MadameAngel

Guest DonnaKat

Donna but I dont want alot of guys hitting on me...mother says its never good to have that type of reputation..especially in High School.

I'm glad your mom is teaching you good morals and values.

As far as being hit on goes, guys hitting on you shouldn't give you a bad reputation. It's what you do with the guys that hit on you that makes or breaks your reputation. ;) And if guys are going to lie about it, there's not much you can do about that. But I'm glad to see there are still some young people out there with enough self respect to take care of themselves.

:goodjob2:

Good morning everyone...I vidded much too late last night, and now I'm relying on my morning coffee to wake me up enough to get through the day. :laugh: We're supposed to get a snowstorm starting this morning and going through about midnight tonight. I have three hours of accumulated OT this week, so I'll be leaving early if I have to.

And yes EM, I haven't forgotten about the GIF's. Too many irons in the fire! But it's fun...no complaints from me. :laugh:

Ladies, it was basically over before it began.

I can't delve into it as much as I'd like but suffice it to say that whatever was budding nicely between Bobby and myself is finished.

The man is turning 60 this year but he may as well be 16. He just doesn't know what he wants, and he's making that fact pointedly clear with his frequent bouts of cold feet every few friggin' days. Truthfully, I just don't think he's ready for ANY kind of relationship...and I'm not the sort of codependent schmo who'll be content to wait around until he *is* ready. I have better things to do with my time and energy.

There will be additional details at another time. I am too depressed, upset and angry to dissect it any further. Thank you for being there while it was blossoming, but it's just very sad that he's ruining this entire friendship/relationship and will never find another person like me with whom he can be so forthcoming and honest. We had the best rapport, but like most guys, I guess that's not enough for him. In fact, I don't know what *is* enough for most men. Maybe I should just become a slut!

Or perhaps this is why I have crushes galore and usually guard my heart very fiercely because the majority of men I encounter are jackasses and infants or simply taken. I don't know. All I know at the moment is that I feel devastated...as usual. I haven't had a deep relationship with a man yet who didn't disappoint me (except when I fantasize about Ger-Bear).

Love,

Christine

P.S. I'm still demanding half of the airfare since I wouldn't have ordered the damned ticket if he hadn't asked me to visit him in the first place. My sister thinks it's the right thing to do as well.

Edited by Phantom's Muse

*Runs into thread and trips over tongue by the charms of both B2 and Attila, - in VERRA different ways of course* :laugh:

Well, it's hard to tell where the sky ends and the terraine starts here, - that's how much it is snowing.. But I knew last night as it had heated up to 0 F.... Don't know how much it is now, but who cares..

DH VERRA wisely have a deal with a man that clears up our driveway with machines this year... :dance:

*Finds it hard to concentrate with new caps so close by :heat: *

Errr... Oh yeah, it's hard for kids in today's climate. We too help out when we can and they are always welcome back, but so far only Haakon has had a couple of rough spots and now he is luckily having an excellent time in new apartment with fiancé, wee Marcus and Linnea soon to be added to the family! :wub:

My gorgeous Donna, - enjoy the WoG and do NOT stress for my sake! I'll finish him up*Cough!* with stuff at hand..

( Already the tune AGAIN too short for all the images I so want to use... It's Beo, after all ;) )

Heartwrenching Attila-vid

Yesterday I was thinking about the way we always complain over his constant dying on us, - but really not that many movies, right? From the top of my head Attila, Gerry Kennedy, Jackie jr., Creedy, Chuck and Leonidas. That's 6 characters in a body of work *Cough!* that's HUGE now...

*See Moonie run :rotflmao: *

Yes, Sue! I count the scottish hunk Marek * :rotflmao: * as a live one, he chose to live in another time. ;)

ETA: A huge hug to Christine :wub: You are such a great gal, there has got to be better days ahead of you!

Edited by NordicGirl

Good Morning Ladies!!!!!

Quick drive by. New floor already Whew!

Sue - B2 is just a cutie. This is one of the things I'm looking foward to is giving the baby a bath. My son is only 4 yrs. old, but he's always "I don't Vant to take a baff". Well, as soon as you can say it and not sound Swedish we'll continue the routine.

Christine - Big Hugs to you. Good luck in trying to get your 1/2 of the airfare back as well. It could prove challenging and you may have to let it be a wash, but you're absolutely right in at least attempting to get it back. So sorry that things didn't work out as you hoped for.

Okay ladies, I'm cold w/my space heater on under my desk. I just want to go home, but I don't have any excuses to use. It's almost Friday so I guess I can stick it through for 2 more days.

C U in a bit!

Oh BTW, my hubby and I were discussing names for if this baby is a girl or not. I won't find out until for another month 1/2. Anyhoo, I was throwing around a few names and I threw out the name Kattia pronounced Ka-T-ah. Very Russian sounding which is funny. My son's name is Cullen which is Gaelic for Handsome and here I am wanting to name if I have a girl Kattia which is Russian. Can you imagine the scenario of picking up these two from school. Two little mixed kids (father is 1/2 Italian and Polish) one w/a Irish name the other w/a Russian name w/a Polish last name and a Black mother picking them up. What a combo! :lol: It's what makes the world go round I tell ya!

Cassie

Guest DonnaKat

We had the best rapport, but like most guys, I guess that's not enough for him. In fact, I don't know what *is* enough for most men. Maybe I should just become a slut!

Or perhaps this is why I have crushes galore and usually guard my heart very fiercely because the majority of men I encounter are jackasses and infants or simply taken. I don't know. All I know at the moment is that I feel devastated...as usual. I haven't had a deep relationship with a man yet who didn't disappoint me (except when I fantasize about Ger-Bear).

Awww, Christine...you don't know how many times I've said pretty much the exact same thing. I don't have any words of wisdom to give, except I know where you're coming from. At least you found out now, before you made the trip there. It hurts, but it would have hurt even worse had you gotten any more involved with this man.

Is there someone out there for you? Honestly, I don't know. I don't even know if there's someone out there for me. The older I get, the more realistic I become in thinking maybe I'm destined to remain single and unattached for the rest of my life. But I do know this...whether or not you or I are in a romantic relationship is not what defines us as a person. Instead of basing my worth on someone else's opinion of me, I'm learning to make my own destiny and do my own thing instead of waiting for someone to sweep me off my feet. And if it does happen, it'll just be an extra perk...but if it doesn't, I'm still going to be okay - and so are you.

BIG HUGE :hugs: to you.

:rose:

ETA: IT'S SNOWING!! :tissues: It wasn't supposed to start until this afternoon, but it started at 11am! Now I have to drive home in snow...and I still can't leave for another 45 minutes! :crybaby:

Edited by DonnaKat

Christine,

I'm so sorry that this is happening to you. It's just awful when grown men can't grow up. Mine seems to be doing a bit better, so maybe there is hope for them...

:group hug: :gah::hugs:

Christine - I'm so sorry that things have gone sour with Bobby. It did sound so very promising and my thoughts are with you - sending cyber hugs too. But you deserve better than a guy with a Peter Pan complex. Like Donna said, the important thing is not to let your own sense of self-worth be damaged or determined by someone else. I know that can be hard advice to follow when your heart is leading you.

Hugs and prayers to everyone else who needs them - including those of you battling snow storms. That is one of the biggest reasons I decided to move to Southern California 25 years ago. With all its faults (traffic, smog, natural disasters) I still can't imagine living anywhere else!

Last night I had this weird dream. I love watching home improvement shows, especially things like Designed to Sell. I tell my husband if we ever decide to sell our house we need at least 6 months to get it ready because we break every single rule in the book for selling a house. So in my dream we had already bought and moved into another place and we had one weekend to get our house ready to sell - and I was in a complete panic, as you can imagine (and I didn't have a crew from a TV show to help)! I had all these grand ideas but how I was going to get it done in 2 days was making me nuts. I was so relieved when I woke up and realized it was only a dream!!

Gotta run - busy day again, and a meeting is awaiting me.

A special hug to nanc' right now :wub:

I hope it works, will upload on YouTube later..

Hugs from Eva Mari to all who could use one :inlove:

I take one hug..... :laugh: And hug you back for this great video!!! :hug99: I like the song very much, didn't heard it before...

Christine, I feel for you!! :hugs:

Sidenote: I was searching the net and I read that ET and The Insider will NOT be showing the Heath Ledger drug video. My question is why would they even think of showing this anyway. It's wrong on so many levels it's ridiculous to think about. ET alledgedly paid $200K for the video. WHY!!!! Can't peole just let the poor lad rest in peace. He's down, way down almost in the ground leave him alone. The world we're living in just gets scarier and scarier everyday. Little regard is paid to the family grieving or his friends. This video is 2 yrs. old. Why is it being brought up now? The person who taped it knew they faced a lawsuit but now he's dead and all they see is $$$$. It's sick.

Okay, I done w/my little rant. I'm back to work.

Cassie

Guest greyeyegoddess

I don't know Cassie, and since it's old, it really means nothing right now. There's enough Brittney news to keep the rag mags busy for a while anyways.

Maybe they paid for the film so it wouldn't be used anywhere else. I know, it sounds too "nice" for a rag mag to do.

~alice

No, they weren't so "charitable" according to this morning's Hollywood report on the radio. The buzz is that theyy had all intents of showing the video until Heath's PR company warned that if ET (and any other show thinking of airing it) still wanted access to the OTHER talent they represent then they would not show the video. Plain and simple business coersion (and I'm glad they did it because there is no legitimate reason to show it). Frankly I'm so fed up with the litany of Britney and the fact that there seems to be nothing sacred or private for celebs anymore. It makes you wonder why anyone aspires to that life (Gerry's been lucky so far to stay out of the glare most of the time - but that may not last forever).

Guest greyeyegoddess

Which is why I simply don't watch those shows, unless Gerry or Brendan are on it.

~alice