Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Susan~Sporran

Hi Girls

How is everyone, just stopped by to check in, and ask that you guys keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. I wont torture you with all the details, but got a lot going on. Baby is doing fine!

Love Ya all

Jenniper

• Replies 328
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:hugs: and :wave: to all.

I'm still playing a bit of catch up so I'm sorry if I miss some things. Christine, I"m sorry that things didn't work out for you. I hope you feel better about it all soon.

Sue - I'm sorry too, to hear that your little guy's mum and dad won't be together. But I hope that things work out that they are able to co-parent at least. *sigh* It's never easy, this whole "raising kids" thing.

Prayers to all who need them!

Just a quick drive by....Em and Donna..... :rotflmao::rotflmao::rotflmao: How do you two find that stuff?! Thanks for sharing the humor with us... Not much going on in Gerry world I see and looks to be a little quiet around here too! Oh well the week-end is upon us and I know Real life gets in the way!

Have a great week-end, stay out of the icky weather if you are in that area of storms and snow andsuch! So far here it is just a little rainy but warmer than it has been. I'm getting ready for our super bowl party at the bar. Have a lot of cooking to do so will probably not be around too much myself. Also having a customer appreciation party w/ Karaoke contest tomorrow night so as you can see..... I will be frazzled by the end of this week-end! :gah: :wacko:

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} to you all..

*Fran

Edited by ladyfran

Hi Girls

How is everyone, just stopped by to check in, and ask that you guys keep me and my family in your thoughts and prayers. I wont torture you with all the details, but got a lot going on. Baby is doing fine!

Love Ya all

Jenniper

I will keep you in my thoughts, Hope everything is ok :hugs:

And glad babba is doing fine xxxxxxxx

:hugs:

Happy Friday Ladies,

I'm getting off in a bit to see my little guy in his new tumble class. He has advanced and now he will be in a class to start training him for more bendable gymnastic moves. Oh fun. He already jumps over everything in the house - and I mean everything kitchen table and all. He has a loft bed and climbs out of it like a monkey everyday. He's only 4 but he's very tall and skinny so I'm hoping that his flexibility will be a benefit to him w/this tumbling thing.

Sue - Big hugs to you. Your little B2 is just adorable and I'm so sad to hear about his mommy and daddy's decision. I don't really have advice to give, but as yuo said, maybe it's better for it to happen now than later especially if both of them were not happy w/the situation. He seems like a pretty happy kid here's hoping that they continue to rear him in an environment that has love and protection which is what he needs.

Oi ladies, I just want to go home. I'm all registered for Cut2008 and now I must wait w/everyone else for the news of the "guest". I'll be in chat tonight - or I plan on being in chat tonight so I'll more than likely chat w/a few of you tonight. I need to go be indisposed again. Sorry, I can't help it. ~sigh~ I should just get a port a potty near my desk. Um, scratch that. Ewww...

Cassie

Hey ladies...just a quick update here. I napped most of the day instead of pounding pavement like I wanted. The combination of cold, rainy weather and a Xanax for my frayed nerves just put me to sleep. And while I slept, Bobby left a message for me. I hadn't heard from him at all yesterday and simply believed that I wouldn't hear from him again, but this voicemail was just ridiculous: "I'm sorry that things didn't work out, and I hope that we can still be friends." He sounded so lackadaisical and lax...I mean, it's as though he spilled coffee on my lap. I wasn't TOO shocked by his immature response (I'd been gathering red flags since last week when I announced that I'd bought my airline ticket) but I WAS incensed that he didn't even try to convince me to talk to him and stick it out, et al. He really didn't care all along! What the hell! I guess he just thought that he'd sleep with me. Er, wrong. I was NOT planning to do that when I visited him...hence my hotel reservation.

He built up my hopes and then lamely apologized when he dashed them to the ground. Then he said that he'd send my photos back to me but he didn't know if he could send half of the airfare because his job situation is shaky. Um, you have a savings account, bucko! My friend Heidi was equally angry and said, "At this rate he should pay for the ENTIRE ticket." Yep, that'd be nice but it's a pipe dream. Then he said that he hopes I'll still come to IA for the festival in August. AS IF! I think not, idiot. My sister told me not to bother talking to him again, and I agree. He trampled my heart underfoot like a teenager. It just shows you that age doesn't necessarily equate to high levels of emotional maturity. At 59 (60 in June), this guy is stunted and sounds as though he should be in middle school.

Starbucks is interviewing me for (hopefully) the LAST time on Wednesday. I just don't understand what else they want to know about me! It's crazy. No word yet from Verizon or any of my agencies. I'm applying at various places over the weekend and throughout next week. I think I wasn't aggressive enough in my job search because thoughts of Bobby consumed me. Well, now I can become numero uno in my own life again.

*sigh* They just don't make 'em like Gerry, do they? No, I shouldn't say that. Many of you have great partners. I'm simply a little cynical right now but hopefully I'll be over it soon. In actuality, I wish the guy had never called me this afternoon because I was recovering and now I feel very angry all over again.

Edited by Phantom's Muse

:bleh2: :angry2:

:boink: :wedgie: :bottom: :poke: :push:

Christine - all of the above are directed at Bobby on behalf of all the GALS!

:reddeathsword: :mrkilty:

Then these guys can skewer him!

Guest greyeyegoddess

I'm sorry Christine that happened to you. You should trade the ticket and go somewhere you want...treat yourself out, visit Gerry fans.

Hey Jenn, good to hear from you. Take care ok!

Hope to see many of you in chat tonight.

~alice

:music:

Yeah, CHRISTINE! How does coming to L.A. area the last week of April sound to you? Then you can take in a couple of ASIA gigs, a UFO gig, and meet me and our friends from the J.W. site! ;) And that's the way I feel about the guy too, SUSAN! Have you dug that bottomless pit where we could do a Leonidas on Bobby? heh

I hope all of you are in good health! Christine is well aware that I've been dealing with a stomach virus/flu the last couple of days. I was hoping it would have subsided by now, because if it was, I'd be out at this very moment having dinner and spending time with a friend I haven't seen since early summer. Oh well, coming home pretty early from work today due to this illness has enabled me to catch up on some of my favorite websites, so that helped cheer me up.

:omg2: I finally say PSILY tonight. That was officially a great movie. It took me for ever, but it was SOOOOOO incredibly worth the wait. Not only was Gerry incredible, but Jeffrey Dean Morgan was quite the asset as well. :kisswink:

I've nearly converted a friend... She swooned in a big way during the Gerry/Holly pub serenade.

:hubba: :bouncydrool3: :humina: :spontaneous:

Having flashbacks...

Hey everyone.......

My hat is off to you, Christine. Looks like we're still sitting in similar boats. The job I've been waiting to hear from... I got a letter from them today. A LETTER! Not an email, not a phone call, but a stamped letter in my bloody mailbox, thanking me for my time, etc etc... which meant that the job was filled at LEAST a few days ago. I'm pessed. Perhaps the letter was seen as professional courtesy. I'm sorry, but in this day and age, send out a blasted email so I'll know sooner (and not try to contact them a couple of days after they've mailed the fooking letter) or have the stones to pick up the phone!

This is the company I worked for the entire time I was in school (I had to leave the job when I graduated because it was strictly for students), and while I love the place (as I've applied to two jobs there since I left school) they have some MAJOR issues when it comes to their hiring processes. :gah: So, I'm having a bum-out day today.

And Christine, I'm very sorry about Bobby... :gah: one more time!! Good NIGHT, what a dork. Grow up! I'm with Susan, we can get a couplea guys to turn him into a duck on a spit.

On a happier note, LISH, I'm SO glad you were able to see PSILY!! Hooray!! And even gladder (is that a word?) that you loved it!!

Speaking of JDM... I think I need to go watch the trailer for The Accidental Husband again. That looks like a ton of fun...

Loves to all... prayers to you Sue and Jenniper... and everyone else.

~Mel

Last night was the last night PSILY is in Orange County so I went to see it for the 11th time. Sharing the theater with me were 3 couples varying from young (20's) to older (50's or 60's). Every one of them was laughing loudly and really seemed to love the film. At the end one couple stayed for the credits (I left part way through - for the 1st time - I usually stay to the very end) and one of the other guys stopped as they were walking out to watch the part where the stars are listed. I wondered if he was checking to see who Gerry was!!

I'm not finished seeing it though because tomorrow I'm meeting up with another GAL for lunch and we are going about 35 miles away for that because it is the closest place still showing the movie. We may meet up with a couple other GALS after lunch for the movie. What a GAL won't do for a Gerry movie!

Hello,

Haven't been here for a while. I miss GALS so much. Hopefully soon, I should be back online again and can check in daily.

Sue - Very sorry to hear about Bryan and Jane.

I now have so many picts of Gerry up in my cubbie at work that at least once a week, someone would stop by to chat about all the picts. Usually the women would gush, seems Gerry has quite a few fans at my work. And the men would go "Sooo, is he your boyfriend or what?" Right, I wish.

Well, just drop in to say hello, got to go to bed now, have to be at work at 7 tomorrow.

Bye all.

Ann

Good day all :)

Lish fantastic you got to see the movie .:dance: We have it still on in our theatres so i am off to see again tonight, and then off to see penelope tomorrow.

CASSIE - i will tell you how good James macavoy is in it ;)

Christine - as we would say in Scotland what a T**t to lose a GAL so special like yourself :hugs: He dont know what he's missing.He should act more mature for his age.

Good luck with Starbucks Hun.

And Mel goodluck for you when you get a job :hugs:

Well off to get ready now

Ps, Gerrys soccer/football team Celtic is winning at the moment :(

Edited by discoveringme
word choice

Y'all are fantastic. My current adage is "if I had my druthers, they'd never find his body." HA! Okay, I know that's bad...but I really, REALLY appreciate all of your support as always. Susan, that reply was so fookin' PAIR-FECT that I was laughing my arse off! And I love the fact that everyone chimes in and contributes their two cents about how the bunch of us should amputate a few of Bobby's limbs. (Well, alright, that was my idea but I think most of you would assist me...) Anyway, thank you all. I am fortunate to discover a huge amount of empathy and compassion whenever I check into the SC.

Unfortunately, however, I'm still so angry so I had several nightmares last night in which I was yelling and screaming at Bobby. Then I woke up very agitated. UGH.

Mel, I can't stand it when companies send form letters. You are absolutely right: In this day and age, an email would suffice. I also can't stand it when a potential employer doesn't call, email OR write -- and then they won't respond to our calls. That is beyond rude and unprofessional. I'm sorry that you didn't procure the job but it only means that a better one is waiting for you. I know it's hard to wait and wait (I'm in the same boat as you realize) but I pray every day that each of us finds the job that we're MEANT to find!

Butlerbabe, FEEL BETTER SOON!!! Gads, I wish I had the funds to fly to LA in April. *SOB* Hanging out with you and all of those bands would definitely make me feel oodles better.

Lish, I'm glad that you finally saw PSILY and nearly converted a friend. I love to convert people!

HUGS AND KISSES TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Good Morning Ladies!!!! Oh, I can't sleep and my little bug was up at 5:30 this morning wanting to watch his Duck Tales. Oi!

I'm so excited! :yippee: I get to see Gerry again. :tasty: Since I can't make it to Vegas this will just have to do. :lol: OMG I'm so excited. If the opportunity is there I will get that hug. This time I will remember to smell him. I was too excited the first time that I completely forgot to take that sniff. :wub:

Lish - FINALLY! So glad you enjoyed it. Good things ARE worth the wait

Mel - HR here. :wave: I completely don't agree w/how some companies send out declines. Companies have their own wording for these letters but in a nutshell they're basically considered "DING LETTERS". Anyone that is not up for hire gets them. They're very generic and impersonal and I completely agree w/you being upset w/receiving one. I've gotten plenty believe me and everytime it pisses me off especially since I know what their whole "Keep your name on file" means. It means they put you in a file w/the other "rejects" and forget about you until someone is asked to clean it out because they need file space. Harsh but it happens everywhere. I guess their thinking is why go through the bother of sending out individual emails when you can just merge a generic word doc w/a random name when needed. Keep thinking positive. Something good will turn up.

Okay ladies, I got to get my day on. I'm going in the city today (Chicago) to this cute scrapbook store and then I'm having my HOOTERS chicken. Mama loves her Hooters Chicken. Yummy!!!!!

I'm all booked for my flight and my registration. I'm still waiting to hear from a few people to see if they're going to see if they want to bunk up. I should just get the room reserved and cancel if need be. At least I will have it eh.

C U GALS later!

Cassie

Cassie I enjoyed DuckTales when I was little. Well...I enjoyed all the Disney stuff when I was little and I still do. Let the young'un watch it!

Sue I have been trying to contact you over IM. I hope everything is alright.

Lish I am glad you finally got to see PSILY too.

Good morning GALS. I had a fun time yesterday which is why I was late to Chat last night. My boyfriend came by my house for a few hours *with moms supervision of course.*but when she was not looking :cunning:.

*Sees everyone's reaction.* What? I was just kidding! *Dodges objects being thrown at her.*

We ate spaghetti and he was telling me about some of the stuff that actually happened during the real battle because he watched "Last Stand of the 300" and recommended that I watch it. And of course my stupid reaction would be "k" because I was to busy watching the movie.

Alright I have to go for a few. I hope to see you ladies later.

Paige :wave:

*stumbles into SC* Now that I finally have the energy to get back over here... I had a sore throat when I woke up yesterday morning, and by 8:30 it felt like I'd been run over by a train. I had the headache, and the achey sore body thing, and a bit of a fever. So I basically laid around all day yesterday. I got in bed at 6:00, didn't fall asleep until after 10:30. I got up at 8:30 to take some Goldenseal and Valarian root, and then got back in bed. Stumbled back out at 10:30 to take more goldenseal, and some sleeping drug mom gave me. Then I was lying awake for....a while, I guess. Finally fell asleep, obviously. I had a dream that I was being chased by a bear. Yeah... it was weird.

Hopefully not MY bear! ( My son Bjørn :dance: ) He would never do such a thing... :wub:

Sending you big hugs and hopefully you'll be better tomorrow!! :inlove: