Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Lady Rowena

A question for you gals

One of my co-workers, whom I've "Butlerized", came into my office today and said that her mom and sister had rented the DVD (she has a copy but lent it to someone and they didn't want to wait for her to get it back). She told me they both cried from start to finish (and she did too). Then she said that her sister is now crazy about Gerry (smart girl). YAY, another convert - now I am converting them once removed!! Oh, and her sister is going out to buy the DVD, renting it isn't good enough (don't I know that!)

I know, that doesn't answer the quesiton but I believe I already did that.

This is the movie that started my addiction. I know, I know I'm a latecomer. All I knew about him was that he was Scottish because I had seen him in 300, which oddly enough did not do it for me, but now I'm sure it will. All my girlfriends thought he was Irish, so at least I knew that much! Anyway, throughout the entire movie, I just felt this feeling growing inside me that no one else but Gerry would do. Of course at that time it was Gerry Kennedy and I was identifying with Holly. Then I discovered the true Gerry Butler while searching for more information about him online. Well that was the end of life as I knew it!!!! :hehe:

As for my favorite scene, it would have to be their meeting on the road in Ireland. His hair was so luscious and why didn't I ever go to Ireland!!!

P.S. I need to dress up my posts - it is so enjoyable seeing all of yours every day!

Edited by JenniferK

I've seen this movie more times then I can count. My favorite scene is any scene that Gerry is in. I know, that's not being specific enough but there you have it. The movie came out when I was visiting my son and his family in another state. I couldn't wait until I went back home to see it so I dragged my daughter-in-law to the theater. She fell in love with Gerry so we went a second time to see it. She said she could watch the "Gerry and Holly meet on the road" scene over and over again. She said Gerry is adorable. I agree! Needless to say, she has the dvd now too.

Kathy

I find something new to love everytime I watch it.

What is your favorite Gerry scene when you were completely gone over him. You can name only one scene.

Can I pick the deleted scene where he was at the travel agent and he "practiced" his death by falling in the floor?

No? ok, then I pick the scene on the road when he first met Holly.

First of all I was heading to the theater to just "go watch any move" i chose P.S. I Love You because it was the only one there that I hadn't watched yet and was sorta skeptical about it. I hadn't discovered Gerry prior to this, mind you. I knew the first 10 minutes into the movie that it was going to be good. But my favorite scene with Gerry? That's tough....I'm gonna have to say when he was....ahhh :fook: I'm sorry I just can't decide...I LOVE THEM ALL!!!!! :woohoo: I cried I bet 7 times throughout that movie. First time I cried at a theater movie!! Since it has come out on DVD I have watched it probably 10 or more times!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :gerry:

This movie is also where I first discovered Gerry but it was on pay per view with my mother. :) I watched it three times the first night and then again the next day.

The whole movie was good and he had me from the stairwell conversation when character Gerry was talking to Holly about what he did or did not say. :wuv: I like the guitar on the couch scene too but my favorite scene was Galway Girl when he seduces her with the guitar as he is making his way towards her. Instead of putting his hands all over her, he casually walks towards her with that guitar and Hilary's Holly just melts. I know that the scene is not explained until towards the end when Holly is reading the letter in Ireland but...OMG, that intense look on his face as he is singing and walking towards her with the guitar - WHEW and that kiss - you knew (even before it was revealed) that kiss was special for a reason.

My favorite scene was the one in which Gerry was signing "Mustang Sally" (or at least that's what I think the song was called). I liked the song "All you want to do is ride around, Sally." I loved how Gerry sung it, and you could tell that he was enjoying himself. Then I liked how he "talked" his wife onto stage to sing a song. I loved Gerry's face when he was reacting to his wife"s sexy doings on stage. Then, his face was simply priceless when his wife is in the hospital with a broken nose and a twisted ankle and he askes her "how long are you going to be mad at me for?" I simply loved his facial expression when he asked her that question, and I love the way he sings, especially "Mustang Sally."

My favorite scene was the one in which Gerry was signing "Mustang Sally" (or at least that's what I think the song was called). I liked the song "All you want to do is ride around, Sally." I loved how Gerry sung it, and you could tell that he was enjoying himself. Then I liked how he "talked" his wife onto stage to sing a song. I loved Gerry's face when he was reacting to his wife"s sexy doings on stage. Then, his face was simply priceless when his wife is in the hospital with a broken nose and a twisted ankle and he askes her "how long are you going to be mad at me for?" I simply loved his facial expression when he asked her that question, and I love the way he sings, especially "Mustang Sally."

Yep, his reaction to her getting wild on the stage was great and you could tell that both Gerrys enjoyed it. :) I liked when he puckered up for a kiss in the hospital and then had that little lost boy look and sat down before asking the question about how long was she going to be mad. It is priceless. Good choice Gerran. :)

My favorite scene is the flash back of when she finds him performing at the bar singing Galway Girl. :gerrylicious:

When PSILY was released, I was already addicted. I saw it seven times in the cinema (I still have the tickets), they showed it only for seven weeks in our area. Now I have it on DVD as well, but it is difficult to count, because I tend to watch only selected scenes. Of course, I like very much all the scenes he is in (should have been more), but, similarly to many of you, it is the scene of him playing "Love You Till the End" that I loved most.

:pointy::pointy::pointy: