Gerard Butler GALS

Costume Ball

Dawn

OK, I have just figured out I am an idiot!

I have been going with the assumption that a costume ball is a costume ball.... not having to go with the Dracula theme and such. I'm a huge Star Wars fan too, so I was going to go as a jedi!

Now I must rethink this whole thing. Maybe I'd just better be Princess Leia with the white turtle neck covering vital parts, and if you left it up to me knowing how much I actually hate vampires, I'd be wearing a huge cross, garlic, and holy water carrying a wooden stake!

At least I'm back in the time period thing.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gosh FB, I didn't think of it that way. Maybe you don't have it wrong and I do. I agree about the garlic and stuff, only if Gerry is Dracula, I don't want to scare him away. Oh, I just looked in the mirror, to late, never mind.

After shopping for a skirt and swimsuit, won't have the budget for a costume, I may have to count on Dawn and Sofie or some of the other GALS to dress me. Although, I did see this long wig......*me things me has an idea*****

.....to be continued

I'M sending Dr.Em a little request about this...

I haven't gotten up to speed on Vegas.

Hopefully I can go...but don't look for me in a costume!

To paraphrase a certain vampire...."I don't do...costumes" :rotflmao:

Thanks Dr. Em. Although, that does limit a few things that were on my list.

Darn, back to the old drawing board.

But who cares it's :vegasbaby: and :igotgals:

Hey Fergie... please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a nurse? If so, we need your help on the island. There are all kinds of maladies and as the island doctor, I'm up to my eyeballs and don't have any playtime! Don't mean to post on this thread, but the thought just came to me.

Actually, my original thought was to go ahead with planned costume. Thanks for the clarification Em!

Thanks Dr. Em. Although, that does limit a few things that were on my list.

Darn, back to the old drawing board.

But who cares it's :vegasbaby: and :igotgals:

Hey Fergie... please correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you a nurse? If so, we need your help on the island. There are all kinds of maladies and as the island doctor, I'm up to my eyeballs and don't have any playtime! Don't mean to post on this thread, but the thought just came to me.

Actually, my original thought was to go ahead with planned costume. Thanks for the clarification Em!

You are correct, I am indeed an RN and a teacher. What type of nursing skills are needed on this island? I guess I can stop by and see what it's all about. However, I must make one stipulation, I flat refuse to dig sand out of anyone's orafices, :bootyshake: unless they are Gerry's, of course. You gotta draw the line somewhere, and it may as well be in the sand!!!!!

Well I'm not gonna have a big costume budget... but lucky for me, I have a whole wardrobe of costumes from my play.

Well of course they are from the biblical era.... but I am going to wear Roman garb... no fangs for me though, maybe a few bite marks on my neck will do! Hey, it fits in with D2.... the whole Judas thing, right?

Swan

Well I'm not gonna have a big costume budget... but lucky for me, I have a whole wardrobe of costumes from my play.

Well of course they are from the biblical era.... but I am going to wear Roman garb... no fangs for me though, maybe a few bite marks on my neck will do! Hey, it fits in with D2.... the whole Judas thing, right?

Swan

Riiiight???? I think?

Hey, it sounds great Swan. I bet you would look lovely in a well draped roman dress.

Hey TW..your best bet for fangs might be the internet, you can order them that way. The best brand, easy to custom fit are called "scarecrow", they fit over your canines, you fit them with acrylic and they are very reasonably priced (unless you want the solid sterling silver ones LOL)

Hey TW..your best bet for fangs might be the internet, you can order them that way. The best brand, easy to custom fit are called "scarecrow", they fit over your canines, you fit them with acrylic and they are very reasonably priced (unless you want the solid sterling silver ones LOL)

thanks Dawn. That's what I will do then. But not sterling silver - no $$$ for that. Yech, silver would clash with my gold tooth (and don't ask, I do have more teeth it's just, only one is gold LOL).

I love my fangs. Got them 2 years ago at the halloween store at the mall. They have acrylic stuff you stick into the fang and them mold around your molars. They look so real!

Posted Image

See? See???

Anyhoo... They're from Dracula House. Sometimes you can find them at Hot Topic. Hope that helped.

• 4 weeks later...

:Draculababy: I was just going to get an LBD - little black dress, lots of dangly earrings and over the top necklace. I am hoping to find a cape from somewhere. I will try the thrift shops down here and see what i can find. :gerrytacular:

:lol: I'm looking for a cape to cover up my basic (but sparkly) long black dress...With my dangly earrings and necklace!

Great minds think alike...lotsa black, and swishing cape! :cool:

I'm going as a camel (with the hump on my stomach, instead of my back...) (or maybe it will look like the hump's on my back, but I'm always walking backwards ... dunno. Still have worked out the details...)

That is a great idea about the LBD, I have a couple of those. I orginally wanted to wear a little more bar maid kinda of a thing, but budget issues being what they are, I may have to opt for what's hanging in the closet, next to the skeleetons!!! The cape idea is great! Gives me a few more ideas!! :cunning:

OOOh Rose, that sounds beautiful. What are you wearing under the cape?

Gspot-camel, OMG, that is hilarious....can't wait to see it.

I think I'll wear the skeleton instead of the black dress hanging next to it. I have no idea. My brain hurts.

Thanks for the ideas and keep them coming! :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man. I am trying to figure up costs for this whole trip. Looks like it will cost me around 600 and that's with sharing a room w/ a friend (who won't register for the convention she just wants to go to Vegas LOL) But now i'll have to find a costume. Gah! I have no idea what to do, and money is now , unfortunately an object. I had this lovely black lace dress....I could see dressing that up w/ a very vampy theme...or are we suposed to be in full costume not just dressed in a theme?? Sorry I'm confused, still, Dr Em on the costume detail! lol! I may be able to swing the cost, just dont' see how I can save. Air fare is going up every day. Hotel is cheap. But, air fair is kind of high.....doh!

Oh man. I am trying to figure up costs for this whole trip. Looks like it will cost me around 600 and that's with sharing a room w/ a friend (who won't register for the convention she just wants to go to Vegas LOL) But now i'll have to find a costume. Gah! I have no idea what to do, and money is now , unfortunately an object. I had this lovely black lace dress....I could see dressing that up w/ a very vampy theme...or are we suposed to be in full costume not just dressed in a theme?? Sorry I'm confused, still, Dr Em on the costume detail! lol! I may be able to swing the cost, just dont' see how I can save. Air fare is going up every day. Hotel is cheap. But, air fair is kind of high.....doh!

Amy...go for vamping up the dress! No need for a 'full' costume!

You can all make a mask at The Phantom's Lair (workshop #5),,,

maybe add some bat or spiderweb earrings .....

and you'll be ready to go! ::D: