Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

2/20 - Strike Out! Change of Venue for Filming Ugly Truth

BY WW EDITORIAL STAFF | 503-243-2122

[February 20th, 2008]

» STRIKE OUT: The end of the writer's strike means everybody is back in show business, right? Not PDX, it turns out. The Ugly Truth, starring TV/movie actress Katherine Heigl (Knocked Up,) as a "romantically challenged morning-show producer," and man-tastic Gerard Butler (300), was scheduled to start shooting in Portland in April. That was, until the strike ended. Now that Heigl's returned to her role as "Izzie Stevens" on Grey's Anatomy, Lakeshore Entertainment (which shot both Untraceable and Feast of Love in PDX) was forced to move locales for the flick closer to her . "It's a timing thing," says Thomas Beatty, assistant to Lakeshore head of production Richard Wright. Thanks a lot, writers.

see post: #45

i actually don't care where it's being filmed so long as it is still being filmed and i can swoon over gerard on the big screen. can't wait. hurry hurry hurry! anxiously awaiting his fineness at the theatres again.

:swear: :wall::tantrum::tissues::fook::wall:

:grrr2: I really wanted to see Swannie, Issy and Aimee!!! :sad::needhug:

Issy, who was so looking forward to the possibility of having Gerry only 45 min. away!!

:bottom: That's for Lakeshore!!

I just hope they will not make more changes in the film just because of its "star" and will let us to enjoy the real star of the film!!!!!!!!!

I'm assuming it's going to be filmed in LA then, right? Oh well, I hope this change doesn't throw off the start date of filming either. Thanks, Barb, I think...

:wave: :wub:

OMG!!!!!!! That has totally crushed me :( !!!I live in Eugene, OR and had a friend who was gonna be able get me on set to meet GERRY! He used to work transportation on film sights, and is now retired. ALL is old buds were already up there setting up (and cursing the rain, lol) I wanted to get a painting signed for auctioning off at the LV Convention! And NOW..............I'm just gonna go cry.....*sigh*

So much for big plans.

Luv y'all,

Bonnie

I'm assuming it's going to be filmed in LA then, right? Oh well, I hope this change doesn't throw off the start date of filming either. Thanks, Barb, I think...

I'm sorry gals. I know that would have been great to have Gerry that close. Think though, at least he

can be nearer his LA base maybe. He seems to have a comfortable place there and knows his way

around and has friends there, so maybe it will be good for him somehow. Maybe he can get a little more rest while filming this one. I hope so, and I hope the date for filming isn't moved also. That

would throw his schedule off and that's not fair. Well, we know the real STAR OF THIS AND EVERY

GERRY movie is, don't we? :wub: :tasty: :wub: :yippee:

We DO KNOW who the real star is and maybe it's really better for him too. If it's shot in LA, there won't be much of a hassle being that they both stay out there. I guess it would work better for Gerry too!

It's just me. I always try to find the positive in everything..........

Sorry Swannie, Issy, and Amie. :comfort:

~ Donna Lee

Edited by Donna Lee

This is probably a good thing for Gerry, he'll be in familiar territory there! Maybe they won't change the filming start date, if they do that will be a bummer! But what the heck we'll still have Nims Island, Rock n Rolla and The Game to keep us busy drooling over til he films this one!! :tasty: :tasty:

:wave:

Lots of Gerry love to you all!

Edited by hotlips70

Awwww, sorry Aims, Issy and Swannie. I was hoping you grrrls would get to see Gerry and that we'd get some good stories from you.

Big hugs to y'all on this disappointing development...

Edited by kissyfit

Once again it's a load of C--P cause THe star is GERRY PEOPLE!! GOD I'm so sick of him getting second billing! Just how many movies has KH been in anyway..I mean I know I'm biatching (and shes even my trading card) but she is actually a television star! :wall: OUCH...that hurt! :stars: I'm so mad I want a new trading card too!! OH BETHYYYYYYYYYYYYYY... All you gals that live in that area... :group hug:

:wave: Fran

Edited by ladyfran

I agree with Ladyfran. Why is Gerry just still "that guy from 300"? It seems like they have forgotten all about his other movies. But I was thinking...if he becomes ridiculously famous like Brad Pitt or George Clooney people will start to get sick of him, not me personally :wub:

I am so sick of Brad Pitt though and George Clooney is starting to irk me. There are alot of overlooked great actors out there though that need more recognition. It seems though that talent does not get you recognition in Hollywood though, just who you are dating. Its sad really. Katherine Heigl has done what ...maybe 2 movies, but because she's on Grey's Anatomy she is some kind of ubber star. Gerard will be the star of that movie, no doubt about it. Anyway, we love him and thats all that counts. :inlove:

I think this was planned to be a vehicle for KH...she was signed on in November. And this will be her 3rd movie. IMO she hasn't paid her dues...

:wave: :inlove:

:comfort: sorry Bonnie, Aimee, Issy, Swannie and any of the other GALS up north that were already making plans...this just sucks!

:comfort: sorry Bonnie, Aimee, Issy, Swannie and any of the other GALS up north that were already making plans...this just sucks!

Well I wasn't making any plans to hunt for the shoot, but it would have been fun just knowing he was in my town, plus.... this city is GORGEOUS in April..... and I so wanted Gerry to see the gorge.

Swannie

I wouldn't be at all surprised if it DOES affect the start day of filming. Wouldn't she be filming the TV show through til the beginning or middle of May? So the movie would be filmed in June and July, and Heigl would be back to TV in Sept. I was thinking that her going back to the show would affect this movie. I just hope it doesn't affect Gerry's summer plans too much. Actually, he might even have time to fit in another movie in April and May?! From what I have seen, through this website, getting everybody together at the same time seems to be one of the biggest obstacles in this business!

:grrr2:

Hold on :woah: . . . I just got the new EW and there is a list of all the TV shows that are coming back and when they begin filming. Grey's Anatomy doesn't start filming again until the END of April - that means they can actually BEGIN filming TUT if - IF - they are ready with sets, etc. in Los Angeles. How hard could it be to come up with a TV set as a movie set? Jeesh . . . it's only been done a million times.

PLUS - GA is only scheduled to make 4 to 5 new episodes - SOOOOOOOO - it shouldn't put filming off that much.

Now, to the real subject - poor Gerry. My heart hurts for him sometimes. He's such a leading man. I've been saying in another thread that he probably doesn't want all the magazine attention, but this movie thing is ridiculous. He IS a leading man; I don't know why they're touting this as only a KH movie? Doesn't make sense.

Doesn't matter. We'll show them who REALLY is the star of this movie!!

Edited by phoenixgirl

Hold on :woah: . . . I just got the new EW and there is a list of all the TV shows that are coming back and when they begin filming. Grey's Anatomy doesn't start filming again until the END of April - that means they can actually BEGIN filming TUT if - IF - they are ready with sets, etc. in Los Angeles. How hard could it be to come up with a TV set as a movie set? Jeesh . . . it's only been done a million times.

PLUS - GA is only scheduled to make 4 to 5 new episodes - SOOOOOOOO - it shouldn't put filming off that much.

Now, to the real subject - poor Gerry. My heart hurts for him sometimes. He's such a leading man. I've been saying in another thread that he probably doesn't want all the magazine attention, but this movie thing is ridiculous. He IS a leading man; I don't know why they're touting this as only a KH movie? Doesn't make sense.

Doesn't matter. We'll show them who REALLY is the star of this movie!!

It really does emphasize some of the concerns expressed on the magazine thread. He is perceived as a supporting actor for the "hot" young thang who is the real star. I am surprised they even bother to give him billing. "You know who I mean....the guy from The Ugly Truth" :tantrum:

Hmm...I don't get what is written in EW. I've just read online that new eps of Grey's will start airing on April 24th, which I would assume means the show is filming right now. I read that here:-

http://community.tvguide.com/blog-entry/TV...orite/800032698

From that I would guess the reason the film is going to be made in LA is so that KH can do Grey's and the film at the same time. Since she's not the main star on Grey's, she probably can do both.

I'm not too worried about the change, just it would be disappointing if production is pushed forward. But I am very relieved that the writers strike is finally over. I wonder why it was gonna be filmed in Portland in the first place, would it be cheaper?

I'm fine with it being done in LA just as long as production isn't delayed.

Like others, I'm glad it'll be in LA for Gerry. Better for him all around. He gets to stay home and hopefully be good and rested in between filming.

Whatever makes him happy makes me happy - well, almost . . . :rotflmao:

I'm also sad it won't be filmed in Portland, my family's roots are in Oregon, I LOVE it there.

On the other hand, since Gerry isn't a regular on a TV show, and has pretty much been traveling like crazy for the past year or so to film, I don't see how moving the filming location to accomodate Kathryn is in any way, shape or form a slap in the face to Gerry. We gotta remember that Kathryn is hot stuff right now in Hollywood, her movies are making money, and from a Hollywood slant, pairing Gerry up with her is a huge compliment to his career.

~Mel

Very true, Mel! And nobody will be able to say the movie was good but the leading man was "bland"!!! (As I've seen in reviews for a couple of films lately!) :drool1:

Jane