Gerard Butler GALS

GerryAddicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 41st floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 28 floors to go to reach 69 again!

After a day of talking with people about Las Vegas and our upcoming MAGNIFICENT convention I was feeling inspired to start a new floor dedicated to talking about that bright light town - Viva Las Vegas - and what has been and what is to be this year. Have you been to the previous conventions?

Are you coming to this year's? :goodjob2:

What have been the best things about the conventions you've attended :ohbaby: and what are you most looking forward to this year? From the location, the shows, the friends, the fun and :hehe: and having a WHOLE ROOM full of other people who GET how you feel about GERRY!

:whome2: of course you, big guy!

Nobody telling you :whoa: but instead everyone knowing the :wow2: that is Gerry Butler! Oohing and aaahing and sighing over fan videos! Attending workshops about signature making, video-making, scrapbooking and all sorts of Gerry-centric events. Seeing Phantom of the Opera on the BIG screen again (or for the first time - NOT to be missed, for sure!!!) Getting the chance to get all glammed up for the gala event on Saturday night with a vintage Hollywood theme. Dancing the night away to the fabulous tunes that will get your groove thing moving. And so very, very much more!

Because you can't imagine the joy of meeting your cyber friends in the lobby of the hotel and hearing them yell :seeyou: and we'll feel so :bleh: if you miss out!

Posted Image

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well since I just posted this a few minutes before the last floor closed... I'm gonna post it here on the new one.

I don't have much time, but wanted to stop in and say hello to everyone. I am nearing the completion of my current chapter, and have been burning the midnight oil.

I am so proud to share with you all, that Nathan now has a beautiful and sexy new room. I know it's hard to believe, but we've never had the resources to do this for him, so it was an amazing experience purchasing the furniture and picking out curtains, bedding etc. His furniture is glossy dark chocolate brown.... very stylish and contemporary, with clean curved lines. The paint color on the walls is mocha, and his bedding is a sharp block print with dark brown, taupe, beige, mocha and sage green. My big find was the curtains, they are rich brown pinstriped sateen, and hang from floor to ceiling on black iron rods with matching rings. The whole room has an old Hollywood feel... very masculine and classy, with stainless steel accents.

For his birthday next month, I am ordering back and white Jazz themed prints for the walls. It is such a blessing to be able to do this for him.

We've also been fixing up Gwen's room, and she is beginning to settle in.

Congrats to those of you getting new jobs, and my prayers are with Anna.

I just wanted to add, that those photos someone posted of Attila, just about knocked me flat. After 3 years, Gerry's beautiful face and form, still suck the breath right out of me. I simply ADORE him!

Much love,

Swannie

Well I'll kind of start the Vegas thread.

This is my first GALS Convention in Vegas. I have been a Gerry fan and lurker for years but to my shame it was only when 300 came out that I decided I could hold back no more and became seriously involved in his fandom. I decided to test the waters at the GB.Net convention in Glasgow last year and that is where I met Susan, Jen and Celine and they told me all about the delights of the Vegas GALS conventions.

I think I can probably speak for most people when I say the conventions aren't just all about Gerry but the chance to meet the people we have made friendships with online and just have a fantastic weeked indulging our mutual likes and just losing yourself in everything Gerry.

I know whilst some of my friends like him they don't like him like I do and for me this is a chance to not bore people for a weekend :rotflmao: as I imagine the lovely Mr Butler will be most people's topic of conversation. I know I will feel right at home. What will be great is alot of you going to CUT are going to Vegas so I will now not feel like I only know a handful of people.

I have been to vegas about 6 times and just love the place. I always add it on after I do the Globes. For me to combine one of my fave places with my fave person is a win win situation for me. I'm up for anything. I would love to go and see the costumes and do the Chippendales. But most of all it will just be great spending time with you GALS as you have all made me feel right at home.

I just wish Gerry was part of the all you can eat buffet :pant:

On a side note I am so glad to have found the GALS support group as you had no idea how it felt to feel for years you were on your own and the only one :laugh: I have all those symptoms bad. I thought I was the only one who went shopping and saw nice men clothes and thought Gerry would look great in things. So great to know I am not alone :dance:

Moira

Edited by framolamdu

:vegasbaby: !! Wow Moira...you live in Scotland and you've been to Vegas six times! I live in California and my one and only trip to Vegas was in 2006 for the GALS convention. I need to get out more :dance: I didn't make the convention in 2007...but I can't wait for this years convention! So let's seeee...what was the best thing about the 2006 convention? hummm...

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

YUP...that would definitely have been the best part!!!

But this time I am looking forward to getting to know my support center and chat galfriends better and I really REALLY would love to learn how to make siggies and slices and avitars and wallpapers for myself...

hugs,

Sue

New floor wow!

Oh Sue, I was there in 2006 and it still brings a big, cheesy smile to my face thinking about how he surprised us. We're all sitting at my table going "oh pooh no Gerry" and then Tonya starts giving the ole "maybe my friend could help me lift this speech" and I was like "no fooking way"! No one has ever said anything but I hope I didn't knock anyone over too hard when I flew out of my chair up to the stage area. I know I dropped my fork or it went flying somewhere who knows. *sigh* :wub: What an evening.

Now I can't wait for next month. OMG! I get to see this beautiful man again. It hasn't hit me yet, but it will.

It's FRIDAY!!!!! Wahooo!!!!!!! My son is having a day w/his daycare provider tomorrow (her choice she wants to take him to her church for the day and lunch) so my hubby and I are doing a small day at the spa. He's getting a massage and I'm doing an hour long pomagranate facial. Oh I so need a facial. Believe it or not I've never had one. Had plenty of massages but no facials so I'm so looking forward to it.

I'll be back. It's only 8:19am so my day is pretty much just getting started. Oi! I'll be back!

Swannie - Nathan's room sounds really nice. It's nice to hear you were able to do this for him and your friend.

C U GALS later.

Cassie

Guest DonnaKat

Good morning everyone!

I'm officially sick and tired of winter. We're on Day Two of this week's winter storm. I'm also on Day Two of me playing hookey from work. Bad thing is, I can't go anywhere. I'm going stir crazy and am getting some major cabin fever! If it wasn't so dern cold outside, I'd walk somewhere. But even aside from the cold temps, you can barely even walk out there due to the ice.

What I can't understand is when you have over 300 school closings, and one district decides not to cancel classes today. The local news station called that district's superintendent (who didn't want to appear on the air, by the way), and he was quoted as saying he's trying to teach the employees and the kids "responsibility". This guy doesn't feel the need to cancel classes over "a little bit of snow", as he calls it. Um, no...we don't have that much snow. It's worse - we have ICE. It's been freezing rain and sleeting since 5:30am YESTERDAY. The parents are outraged, and rightly so. The same thing happened yesterday with a few of the districts, and they finally decided to dismiss early - which didn't amount to much by that time, since it was after lunch already. I have a feeling there's going to be a lot of official complaints filed after all of this is over. I can't even imagine the outrage there's going to be if (God forbid) one of these kids gets hurt, or a school bus ends up having an accident. Is getting a few dollars in federal funding worth putting people's lives in danger??

This guy says he's teaching kids responsibility. That guy sounds like a real turdball. What he's really teaching them is that work is more important than family and personal safety. Missing one day of school is not going to dumb these kids down. He better hope he never plans on missing work.

Posted Image :dance:

DK, I completely agree with you. Terrible. I saw what the weather was like in your state from the weather channel last night (I have a huge crush on Jim Cantore...lol). Congratulations on getting the job. It's about friggin' time! You deserve it.

SUE...I hope you don't mind I copied the last picture of the baby. OMG....SO adorable! :inlove:

Great topic for this floor, Susan!

I can't even begin to describe what a blast I've had at the last couple of conventions. It was like one giant slumber party. It didn't matter if you didn't already know someone at first glance. You knew right off the bat that you shared something fabulous in common with them. I loved hearing the squeals when someone met and they shared screennames. It still makes me giggle to think of it. I think back very fondly on so many first-time meetings with my friends here on GALS. I felt like we had known each other for years and years.

Another thing that was so much fun was the spontaneous ooohhhhing and aaaaaahhhhing going on as Mel's fabulous slide show played. You could definitely tell which pictures were our favorites. :lol: (There were a lot of those. :biggrin: )

As I was leaving for the airport, I was talking to a man in the elevator of the hotel. He asked if I had been at a high school reunion or something. I explained what we had been doing. He got a big grin on his face and said that "Wow, you were all sure having a great time." I loved the fact that he could see the depth of all the friendships even from a distance.

I'm so excited about being able to see POTO on the big screen again. It's been three years since I had that chance and I know there are a lot of Gerry fans that have never had the wonderful opportunity to see it in it's proper setting. The best part, though, will be seeing it with a whole room full of Gerry fans. :wub: I can't wait!

New floor wow!

Oh Sue, I was there in 2006 and it still brings a big, cheesy smile to my face thinking about how he surprised us. We're all sitting at my table going "oh pooh no Gerry" and then Tonya starts giving the ole "maybe my friend could help me lift this speech" and I was like "no fooking way"! No one has ever said anything but I hope I didn't knock anyone over too hard when I flew out of my chair up to the stage area. I know I dropped my fork or it went flying somewhere who knows. *sigh* :wub: What an evening.

Cassie

Oh Cassie, I don't think I've ever admitted this here.... but when I tried to fly out of my seat it got stuck ... remember those long beautiful tablecloths? I expected my chair to just slide back but it didn't because a piece of the tablecloth was under my chair and my leg went up and I hit my ankle on some sharp metal thing under the table. It hurt like *&*&* but I was so excited I couldn't really feel the pain. ..until after Gerry left :rotflmao: By the next day my ankle was at least double it's size and here I am trying to get home from the Vegas airport. The good thing was because by this time I was so lame they put me in the short line with help!!! :lol: When my son saw me limping to him at the airport and he looked down at my leg and ankle his mouth dropped open and he said "what the :fook: did they do to you in Vegas mom? :rotflmao: :rotflmao:

Pil....copy all you want sweetie...they're not mine! :laugh: I have my pictures I took but they aren't as good as these.

Ahhh yes Jilly, I forgot .... I am really looking forward to seeing POTO on big screen with a room full of my galfriends. I still remember the collective gasp and sigh when Beowulf came out of the water that first screening! OH OH...that also reminds me...remember that row in the theater that had the signs "reserved for Mr. Butler?" I was sitting in the row behind them and I kept thinking...'ok, if he shows up and sits down right in front of me I WILL NOT ...I repeat I WILL NOT drool down the back of his neck! :tasty:

Still thinking and praying for our sweet angel, Anna. Anna honey, if you read this....I love you lady!!! Please take care of yourself and come back to us soon! I'm praying for you and for Mac and for the doctors who are treating you.

Well, everyone have a wonderful Friday (cheer up Donna...spring will be here soon!)

hugs to all....(Off to put up my new spring siggie made by Frannie, the genius!)

love,

Sue

Afternoon, all! Well... for some of us, anyway. :smile:

It's been doing the non-sticking snow for most of the morning here. Slowly making its way back to rain, I hope there will be a lot of it this spring. Only in April and May in Utah, if there's a lot of spring rain, will there be Ireland-type greens. Beautiful.

Vegas! VEGASVEGASVEGAS!!

~Mel

Donna: I completely agree with you! The same thing happened here a few years ago, the superintendent said, "I've never closed a school in 25 years and I'm not going to start now!" :tantrum: What a :fook: 'in idiot! If my son or daughter had been hurt because of a non-school closure, he would have gotten his first LAWSUIT in 25 years! I hope the people in these storms are safe. Spring can't come fast enough for me.

Of course my favorite memory is of trying to swallow my big fat piece of steak so that I could hurry up to the stage! And then when Gerry invited me up there... :thud: I can't wait to see POTO with all ya'll!

It's FRIDAY! :yippee:

Mousie :wub:

And then when Gerry invited me up there... :thud:

Mousie :wub:

Oh beautiful, beautiful moment.......... :hearts:

~Mel

Wow!

Sounds like you gals have so much

fun at the conventions.

I cant even imagine what it would

have been like to see HIM in person.

I know you will all have a great time

this year as well.

Remember those of us (like me) who

can't go. We will be thinkg of ya.....

Damn, I want to meet all of you so

much. :tantrum:

Some day.... Walks away hanging head

with tears streaming down face..

Debbie

Aye, but don't forget Debbie, the online convention will be happening at the same time! Yay!!

~Mel

Debbie, Posted Image I'm sorry you can't come...but Mel's right. I couldn't go last year and I had so much fun at the virtual convention!
I believe the virtual convention had its own place within the convention forum. Barb does a fabulous job with it, and Mel and Alice will have video cameras with them so we might even be able to get some vid-clips out on the site during the convention. Barb made virtual nametags, there were all kinds of activities similar to those going on at the real convention.

Hello all!

I was just jonesing for Vegas today and knew I had to come on and post. It'll be my third Vegas get-together in June.

I just heard a week ago that my job is still funded past June, which means I'm there!

Shout out to Moira - I got to meet Framolamdu and Celine (Snap) in Glasgow last August. The three of us stayed up drinking and talking Gerry in the bar at the Marriott. And then had lunch and outings around town during the weekend.

I can't wait to see you again.

I guess the best part for me, the part I'm most looking foward to, is being with friends. Not only the greeting hugs, the in-depth conversations about subjects that most of humanity can't relate to, the bonding between "sisters". The times at the pool last year, the time in Margueritaville harassing the waiters, all the craziness that comes with Vegas stuffed in with the joy of being around the kindred spirits who bring out the fun, carefree spirit in me.

Close second is gussying up for the Hollywood gala. I'm wearing a dress I already have, but I've ordered some brand-spanking-new killer accessories.

Hugs to all! :wave: Can't wait for June! :pointy:

Jen

Jen!!! I'm SOOOO excited you're coming again!! Yay!! Last year's "I could take her," was bloody brilliant and classic! :rotflmao:

*huggles* Jenniper... your reason for not being able to come beats out the convention, says I! Nothing better than a newborn baby... :wuv:

:hearts:

~Mel

Guest DonnaKat

HAHAHAHA!! Apparently one of my vids has become a discussion on the IMDB board. I'd tell you which one, but the vid wasn't one I posted up here. Let's just say it had to do with Wrath of Gods...the Icelandic version. :rotflmao:

One of these days my vids are going to get me into a lot of trouble. :lmao:

Good morning all, just a quick streak through....bad idea on oh so many levels, not the least of which it's friggin cold in Dallas today! My granddaughter graduated from the Arlington Police Academy yesterday. I had the opportunity to spend time with my family and our adorable Betts (Raina Snow) as her SIL was also graduating. Pictures and more stories to follow when I get back to San Antonio.

Mainly I was checking to see if anyone has had news about Anna, and to see how our sweet B2 is feeling.

More later,

Huggles,

Suzie

PS: What is the web address for the Trivia Contest? I forgot to write it down!!! :tantrum: