Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

GerryAddicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

According to a post on imdb Gerry is now in Vancouver as jeanne Garfolo(probably isn't how you spell it) saw him at the airport and mentioned on a morning tv show today and said he was there to do The Watchmen.

Moira

Well, this might not excite any of you as much as it does me....but...but

Posted Image

my B2 crawled today...I mean he got up on all fours and took off!!!! (he had been doing a kind of marine crawl and roll to get around up until today)...but today he found a faster way to get from point A to point B. :pointy:

Congratulations to B2 on his first crawl!! Next thing you know we'll see his first step, know his first word. It's so exciting watching him grow! Likewise the other wee ones of the site, like Brayan.

awww thanks Susan!

hugs,

Sue

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE*

B2 is mobile!!!

That's awesome, Sue! I'm definately content to wait for mine to be mobile, though. I like him where I can put him down and he's still there when I get back. :lol:

LOL Lish...I just read my DH your post and he said he is with you!!! I need to get in shape for Vegas so I'm looking forward to chasing after his little butt when I can!

[http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/pilar_013/th_45FE5B44FD.jpg

That's great, hon! Keep up the good work!

ALI...it's good to see you!

I'm off to training on my first day, wish me luck! I'll check in later! I hope you ALL have a great day!

:wave:

Good luck and keep us posted!

Edited by discoveringme
Quoted picture changed to link as per site guidelines

Ainaran, I saved the beautiful 10 Commandments for Pets. *Sniff* Thank you!

Suzie

Apologies for the consecutive posts, but while the '10 Commandments for Pets' *is* beautiful, but I didn't post them. :)

Suzie, I understand exactly what you're saying about the touring company of POTO. I thought almost the same things when I saw the one in my area Sunday. The singing was lovely, but in the few spoken sections, I was surprised that the vocalization was too big. The stage was miked, so natural tones of voice would have been heard clearly and been more effective. The blocking looked a little weird in places, too -- at points it looked like the actors were running aimlessly around the stage. The big gestures didn't bother me -- the actions have to be visible to people in the back of the top balcony in a theater.

One of the luxuries of film is that thanks to the close up, an actor can use something as small as the flicker of an eyelid to convey emotion.

Its 4am and I can't sleep. What shall I do????

*STREAKS THROUGH SUPPORT CENTER*

HEY GALS,

I hope eveyone is doing well. Miss you all tons.

:wave: Suz,

Good to see ya streaking again.

I mean, good to see you posting. :lol: You've been missed. ;)

B2 crawling Sue? Holy Moly. I can still remember the day my twins crawled. My boy had been doing the combat crawl and my daughter rolling everywhere. When she figured out that all fours was a much speedier way to move, he looked over and figured her way just might be better as well. They're 18 now and it hasn't slowed down yet. :lol:

Flying tackle squishy hug, Eva Mari. Great to see you back. :kisswink:

:hugs: and :wave: :wave: to all. Happy Saturday! :pointy:

Jilly :rose:

Yipeee!! B2 is on the move. Look out Sue its all over now. Bella used to do the army crawl too, we called her GI Bella.

I hope everyone is ok after the disapointment about Cut 2008. I have been reading the post trying to make sense of it. I wonder if Gerry knows about it, and what he thinks? :tantrum:

Love Ya all Jenniper

Actually, it was Wolfie (Ali) who posted the "10 Canine Commandments." Just thought I'd clarify that!

Suz~ We have missed you girl - wish you would come visit and stay for awhile instead of just streaking through!

As for Phantom on stage - I have to say one thing that bothered me when I saw the show on Broadway was there were sections where the Phantom's voice was magnified and given that artifical "echo" sound (I'm sure there is a profession term for that). I recall some critics finding fault with Gerry's voice in the movie because there were parts where that was done to his voice, they said it was done because his vocals were too weak. And there I was watching a professionally trained STAGE musical performer, in this case the actor who had appeared more than any other as The Phantom - and they did the same thing to HIS voice, and even more. So why was it so wrong for them to do it in the movie to Gerry's voice?

SUZ!!!!!

*flyingtacklesquishyhugs*

hehehe

Guest DonnaKat

Congratulations, Sue! B2 is on the move...it'll never be the same. ;)

I just want to extend a special 'thank you' to Seumus and our newest male members. I've been very sad and down the past few days, but their humor both in chat and on this forum has cheered me up quite a bit. Nothing against the GALS, but sometimes it's refreshing to get some testosterone in the room. ;) Oh, and it's also great to see Big Mike back. :D

And before anyone mentions it...yes, I am aware I said "male" and "members" in the same sentence.

Suz~ We have missed you girl - wish you would come visit and stay for awhile instead of just streaking through!

As for Phantom on stage - I have to say one thing that bothered me when I saw the show on Broadway was there were sections where the Phantom's voice was magnified and given that artifical "echo" sound (I'm sure there is a profession term for that). I recall some critics finding fault with Gerry's voice in the movie because there were parts where that was done to his voice, they said it was done because his vocals were too weak. And there I was watching a professionally trained STAGE musical performer, in this case the actor who had appeared more than any other as The Phantom - and they did the same thing to HIS voice, and even more. So why was it so wrong for them to do it in the movie to Gerry's voice?

Susan, I think I can answer your question. When someone sings on stage, they are using a performance microphone, and a few little tricks can be used to enhance the voice with reverb or other simple effects "live" effects. When a voice is recorded in a studio, that recording can be digitally manipulated so that if the singer's pitch is off, or if the tone is too shrill or too dark, etc.... many things can be done to perfect the sound of that voice.

In the case of Gerry's vocals... if he was slightly off pitch here and there, digital mastering can correct pitch problems. But here is the thing. There is not one recording artist today whose vocals do not undergo digital mastering. Even the best vocalists need pitch correction. To criticize Gerry and Emmy for the manipulations done to their vocals is ridiculous.

Swannie

Thanks Jilly, Jenn and Donna...yes, B2 is on the move now...there will be no stopping him. Posted Image I couldn't believe how quick he got around just rolling and doing the combat crawl! Jilly I can just imagine both of yours...one rolling and one combat crawling deciding it was time to really put mom to the test and get up on all fours and take off! I don't know how moms with more than one at a time do it!!! You're amazing!

:wave: Suz...it has been a long time since you've st.. come by!

Donna, a Posted Image for you! I'm glad those kilted men helped in chat last night...they were hysterical!! They seem like really sweet guys. I remember my very first time in chat Big Mike was there...thank God Holly was there (just kidding Mikey)!!!

Anna, it's March and spring is almost here. I'm praying that you and Michael will be able to enjoy your lovely walks and take some beautiful pictures to share with us again!!!

....to all of you who were hoping to get to see Gerry in LA at CUT...I'm so sorry that fell through (and all the BS that seems to be going on along with it). But I know that once you get there you are going to have a great time just meeting each other and all the other celebs that will be there. I still wish I could have gone!!

Yesterday makes 3 weeks since I've stopped smoking guys!!!! There's no going back now especially since I'm rooming with Suzie at the con and I know how she feels about smoking (so Suzie my dear...you are the anchor I'm holding on to!! LOL)

Check out my new siggie by Frannie...I got the Gerry juice now!!!

hugs to all!

Love,

Sue

We keep cheering you on, Sue!! :yay: :yay: Thanks for the progress update. We are very very proud of you. :goodjob:

I dunno somedays how we got through the toddler stage. It became a bit tougher when #3 came along when the others were two. But I shake my head in utter disbelief when I watch Jon and Kate Plus 8. Two sets of multiples - twins then sextuplets. I think my brain would have exploded. :lol: My own kids were a piece of cake in comparison. I've often wondered what just one baby would have been like. Then I wake up and realize I'll just have to take care of someone else's :D

Guest Pilar

Posted Image

I echo what DK said....chat was a blast last night...many thanks to the PALS who kept me laughing. They made a lousy day end on a bright note.

SUE....That latest pic of B2 made me cry....in a good way.

Edited by Pilar

Awww Pil...well, I'm glad it is in a good way! :yummy: that picture ... I don't remember ever seeing it before...hunka!!!

Jill, I don't think my brain would have exploded....I know it would!!! LOL (and thank you for the cheer!) :kiss:

hugs,

Sue

Hi everyone! Boy, I've had a lot of catch-up reading to do!

Last night my daughter and I saw Phantom on the stage here in San Antonio. Neither of us had seen the stage version. We both enjoyed seeing the stage play and how it was different from the movie version. Of course, I prefer the movie and Gerry's Erik :heat: . I agree with Suzie, bring on the sexy Phantom! I'm looking forward to seeing Phantom at the Venetian in Las Vegas to see how it compares with the play I saw last night. Anyway, here's a picture of me and my daughter all dressed up for the show.

Posted Image

Sue-that is so great that B2 is crawling now! He sure is a cutie-pie!

Anna-I am so happy that you're home now! I've missed you! :rose:

Hugs to all!

Elissa, I absolutely loooovvveeee my wallpaper...I can never thank you enough! Posted Image Everyone that comes over to my house first must see my wallpaper for B2...(and of course my hubby is so excited that B2 has replaced Gerry (at least for the time being) from the screen...lol

You both look beautiful...I love that black dress you're wearing!!

I've seen Phantom on stage three times ... but all three were pre Gerry as the Phantom. I'm not sure how I would like it now....maybe one of these days.

hugs,

Sue

:funnyup:Jenniper, how did you get that picture of my hubby? :yummy: (ha, ha)

But ummm...I'm not sure.

Hey! I'm Neil's butterfly GAL now...I'll miss Leo's thong though!