Gerard Butler GALS

2/28 - Gerard Butler Talks Black Freighter

http://www.empireonline.com/

Gerard Butler Talks Black Freighter

Exclusive: On The Watchmen DVD extra!It’s been rumoured for a while now, but Gerard Butler has confirmed to Empire that he will be lending his vocal talents to the animated Tales Of The Black Freighter short that Zack Snyder is planning as a companion piece to Watchmen.

The Scottish actor had been linked with a role in Watchmen for a long time, but when nothing materialised, it seemed likely that he wouldn’t be linking up with his 300 director on next year’s eagerly-awaited blockbuster.

But, when Snyder hatched plans to film the Tales Of The Black Freighter comic-within-a-comic that tells the tale of a castaway’s mental and physical deterioration and damnation as he tries to intercept a ghost freighter headed for his hometown, and include it on the Watchmen DVD, Butler’s name surfaced once more.

And, speaking to Empire just the other day, he told us that he had committed to the project.

“I’m going to do the voice of the captain,” said Butler. “They’re going to do it in the style of a Japanese anime and I’m totally stoked.

“I actually read the script before reading the comic book and I thought it was awesome,” continued the 38 year-old. “Then I read the comic book and it’s great. The little bits that have been added define it so much more. It’s very dark and there’s just something so descriptive and scary. It’s this descent into madness but explained in such a sane way that you totally feel it yourself. By the end, my heart was pumping!”

Although considered extraneous to the plot of the movie proper by Snyder and his predecessor, Paul Greengrass, Tales Of The Black Freighter is a story that deepens the impact of Watchmen’s main plot, mirroring the arc of a character we won’t reveal.

As a side project, the anime approach is brave and the addition of Butler – who has a great speaking voice – makes this even more exciting. Let’s hope he keeps that Scottish burr.

Watchmen will be released next March. Chris Hewitt

As a side project, the anime approach is brave and the addition of Butler – who has a great speaking voice – makes this even more exciting. Let’s hope he keeps that Scottish burr.

Watchmen will be released next March. Chris Hewitt

Oh holy hell!!! :swoon:

Whoever this Chris Hewitt is...Amen and Hi-Five!!

Thanks Jenn!

OH GOD YES!!! I hope he does keep the burrr!

Thanks Jenn

Yes, definitely keep the GREAT SCOT burr! I love his voice, I bought Shadow Company just to hear him. Almost like a SONG. :kiss::music::kiss: Love song, that is.

He has a BEAUTIFUL speaking voice! :wuv:

Heck, he could read the phone book and make women :swoon:

Oh Hot Dang!!!! Yes, keep the burr...... PLEASE!!!! :drool1::pant:

What fantastic news! I'm happy he's working with Zack again. Those two looked like they really formed a friendship and I'm SO happy they're working on this together. I knew Zack would find something for Gerry to go with Watchmen!

Way to go Zack!

~ Donna Lee

As a side project, the anime approach is brave and the addition of Butler – who has a great speaking voice – makes this even more exciting. Let's hope he keeps that Scottish burr.

He has a BEAUTIFUL speaking voice! :wuv:

Heck, he could read the phone book and make women :swoon:

:funnyup:

That would be exactly my reaction after hearing him saying my name!

I love his sweet, calm and deep voice!

Hugs,

Bel

This is awesome news!! Yay!!! And, of course, I want to hear that natural, velvety Scottish burr. :yummy:

But is it weird that the 80's Valley Girl in me is loving him saying the word "STOKED"?!!! :lol:

My sons are huge anime fans, so this is really great news for all of us!!!

That's great! I was wondering if he'd ever do voice-over!

Wow, I think the only kind of movie he has left to do now that he hasn't done yet is a Western!!

I'm kinda upset at the moment because this may be part of a "conflict" so I really don't have anything to say about this. If situations change then I will. I mean it's Gerry, but I'll just wait for right now.

Cassie

HAPPY DANCE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :bellydance:

Gerry really wanted to be part of this movie and I am glad that he was able to fufill that desire.

This is a good thing! :pointy:

:erik: Erik's Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Edited by Erik's Ebony Eyes