Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Silvara

Gerry's personal life

Ok friends,

all of us are very respectful as I'm reading the posts, but I hope you will get it right.

This is not a gossip subject. I write it because I would like we to try put ourselves in Gerry's place and try to guess what kind of person he is in his real life, the life behind the cameras, the interviews, the parties. Can we separate his life that way?

Are his career, popularity and fame an obstacle in his personal life?

Did women who have dated him have more expectations from him because of his famous person-side?

And at the end what kind of women does Gerry like?

What are his preferences?

Does he think about having children?

Does he have moments of fear thinking of that he may not find the one and the time is irreversibly elapsing ...

Who is he in the moments of the absolute reality, where the moments of eternity and the moments of mortality are interweaved together...?

Does he feel lost from time to tme ...

This is what I'm thinking about from time to time

Gerry does not discuss his personal life. The only way to answer that question would be to direct you to the Multimedia section and the interviews he has done. I think Gerry would prefer to let his words speak for him, rather than having us speculate on anything he may not have said. It is for us to just respect and love him.

Hugs,

Suzie

I did not mean we to put words in his mouth.

I know he does not talk about it,

I just think there is nothing wrong if we try to put ourselves in his place that does not mean we are going to talk on behalf of Gerry

And what unrespectful can be found in talking about this?

These are normal things in life.

I think it will not be normal if we say we love him, we respect him but that does not bother us - I bet this would be a lie :)

Smiles,

Edited by Silvara

Hi Silvara,

Well, I think each of us has painted Gerry in our mind as how we percieve him, what his thoughts are, his values, concerns etc. Probably no two of us has the same image of his inner self. However, our opinions and fantasies are special to each one of us, and sometimes when confronted with an opinion that differs from our own, disagreements can arise.

So, to avoid conflict and since none of us has any true reference on the subject, it is best to just keep our preconcieved ideas to ourselves. Cherish your fantasy about him, but remember it is your private fantasy and the next person may have a totally different idea about him, which is just as unique and special as your's is to you.

Hugs,

Libby

Excellent reply, Libby! Thanks!

From what I have gathered about Gerry over the past three years, he's a special guy. He has been kind and loving to his fans, and he called Bethy on Christmas Day 2005, a beautiful gesture that I've never forgotten (and I doubt that SHE has!). Whenever I've mentioned it to people, they are aghast that any celebrity would do that. And let's not forget the GALS convention in '06! Not many actors would attend a bash of that nature and offer his support and affinity for a fan site, no matter how great it is. He just strikes me as a sweetheart. Well, I think he once described himself as a "bad boy with a heart of gold," and that's how I normally depict him to others who ask me, "Christine, you've been a Gerry fan for a while. What's he like? What do you know about him?" Having never met the man (at least, not yet) and not being one of his intimates, I tend to repeat statements that G has utilized and applied to himself in various interviews. He is one of the most candid, honest actors of our generation, which isn't very common. A lot of actors are cagey within the context of an interview, but he's different in that regard.

The Multimedia section is great, and I DO think that it's important to read or listen to the interviews with Gerry and decide for yourself what kind of person he might be...off-set, off the street, behind closed doors. Yes, everyone has a private fantasy about him. Mine is special just as the other ladies' fantasies are special but I'm quite sure that we harbor slightly different visions of him. I jest a lot on this site about him ("silly messages for Gerry" is a good place to start) but, in reality, I don't know the REAL G. I THINK I have a pretty accurate idea of what he MIGHT be like, but I'm grounded and need to say that I really don't know.

I hope that my sentiments have helped you! I know, it would be wonderful to meet him and become his friend if he's anything even remotely similar to my vision...but since I realize that's a bit of a long shot, I'll just enjoy him from afar and in the theatre (and in the private landscape of my brain). *smiles*

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Hi Silvara

I understand the temptation to want to share thoughts on what Gerry might be like, I don't know anyone locally that I can share that kind of thing with right now. I might do so in person or on the phone if we were ever to meet or speak. However I am uncomfortable, because of the great respect and admiration I have for Gerry and my understanding of his wish to keep his private life private, to voice that kind of speculation in a public forum.

Maybe someday if we meet.

Posted ImageGypsy

Edited by Gypsy

From what I have gathered about Gerry over the past three years, he's a special guy. He has been kind and loving to his fans, and he called Bethy on Christmas Day 2005, a beautiful gesture that I've never forgotten (and I doubt that SHE has!). Whenever I've mentioned it to people, they are aghast that any celebrity would do that. And let's not forget the GALS convention in '06! Not many actors would attend a bash of that nature and offer his support and affinity for a fan site, no matter how great it is. He just strikes me as a sweetheart. Well, I think he once described himself as a "bad boy with a heart of gold," and that's how I normally depict him to others who ask me, "Christine, you've been a Gerry fan for a while. What's he like? What do you know about him?" Having never met the man (at least, not yet) and not being one of his intimates, I tend to repeat statements that G has utilized and applied to himself in various interviews. He is one of the most candid, honest actors of our generation, which isn't very common. A lot of actors are cagey within the context of an interview, but he's different in that regard.

The Multimedia section is great, and I DO think that it's important to read or listen to the interviews with Gerry and decide for yourself what kind of person he might be...off-set, off the street, behind closed doors. Yes, everyone has a private fantasy about him. Mine is special just as the other ladies' fantasies are special but I'm quite sure that we harbor slightly different visions of him. I jest a lot on this site about him ("silly messages for Gerry" is a good place to start) but, in reality, I don't know the REAL G. I THINK I have a pretty accurate idea of what he MIGHT be like, but I'm grounded and need to say that I really don't know.

I hope that my sentiments have helped you! I know, it would be wonderful to meet him and become his friend if he's anything even remotely similar to my vision...but since I realize that's a bit of a long shot, I'll just enjoy him from afar and in the theatre (and in the private landscape of my brain). *smiles*

That was beautifully said and hit the nail right on the head! I think G likes being in the spotlight but when he is on his own time he likes to keep things more private, he seems like a nice person who just wants to do his thing and enjoy his life while making some great movies! It would have to be a pain in the booty if everything about your life was put out in the public eye, we all need our own space.

In the privacy of our own minds we can make Gerry exactly the kind of person we want him to be and I'm sure that's a little different for each of us. Since most of us will never really know him personally we can make him as wonderful as we want and not be disappointed if he really isn't the way we imagine. Even Gerry once said we might not like him so much if we knew the real person! We can think of him without dealing with whether he leaves the toilet seat up or drops dirty underwear on the floor or forgets our birthday-we can pretend he is perfect whatever we like to think is perfect. Reality might be something we'd rather not think about if we are truly honest with ourselves. JMHO!!

I can only answer one question. What kind of woman does he like?????

ME OF COURSE ;)

He just doesn't know it yet. :whoa:

Wow...don't I sound like a stalker.

We can think of him without dealing with whether he leaves the toilet seat up or drops dirty underwear on the floor or forgets our birthday-we can pretend he is perfect whatever we like to think is perfect.

:funnyup::funnyup:

I never thought at Gerry :whome2: in these situations :hmm: ... perhaps because I never thought he could be ... my hubby lol :ohbaby:

We can think of him without dealing with whether he leaves the toilet seat up or drops dirty underwear on the floor or forgets our birthday-we can pretend he is perfect whatever we like to think is perfect.

:funnyup::funnyup:

I never thought at Gerry :whome2: in these situations :hmm: ... perhaps because I never thought he could be ... my hubby lol :ohbaby:

Wasn't thinking of him as a hubby(already have one of those!),but as a real man instead of a face on my computer screen or a character in a movie. What I was trying to say is maybe we would all like the man we see in our imaginations better than the real thing. How many men could be as fantastic as we all seem to imagine Gerry to be? Reality could be a tad disappointing perhaps? :wuv:

Yeah, but the good stuff would make up for it! No man is perfect, just some are MORE perfect than others!!

For 30 years I went behind one of those nearly perfect ones, picking up clothes that "missed" the hamper, putting paper towels in the trash, closing drawers he left ajar, tripping over forgotten shoes. But the good stuff was wonderful and you forget about the other stuff. I'll bet it would be that way with Gerry in your life!!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

Actually, what's funny is that lately I HAVE been imagining G in those scenarios (leaving the toilet seat up, awakening and farting, being messy and disorganized) and laughing my patootie off! Because you know that he's human like the rest of us, it's just rather amusing to recognize that fact. I particularly like my personal vision of scratching his butt in the morning and realizing that he has zits on his left cheek. (LOL) Seriously, you know what caused me to realize that G is just like the rest of us? Segue into the Over 18 "What Would You If..." thread. You will find yourself guffawing because at least SOME of those situations are probably pretty close to the truth! I even think that HE would laugh...

EDIT: Thank you, HotLips70! *smile*

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Guest DonnaKat

Oh NOOOOOOOO!! Not the arsezit discussion again!!

:flee:

Wait a minute....why only the left cheek? Is there something special about the right cheek I'm not aware of?

Edited by DonnaKat

Those aren't zits! They're HEAT rash!

Suzie

Yeah, but the good stuff would make up for it! No man is perfect, just some are MORE perfect than others!!

For 30 years I went behind one of those nearly perfect ones, picking up clothes that "missed" the hamper, putting paper towels in the trash, closing drawers he left ajar, tripping over forgotten shoes. But the good stuff was wonderful and you forget about the other stuff. I'll bet it would be that way with Gerry in your life!!

Suzie

I'm not saying I would mind picking up his underwear or anything but sometimes Gerry is portrayed as the "PERFECT" man and maybe we are making a mistake by forgetting that sometimes it's the imperfections that make a man more real and sometimes more loveable!!!

Gerry himself said that if we REALLY knew him we wouldn't like him. Now I don't think that is entirely true, but I do believe he is far more "real man" than "ideal man" than most of us visualize or fantasize him to be, and since it is highly unlikely that any of us will ever get to cross that fantasy threshold and get to know him personally, it's great to allow him to be whatever your best version of him may be.

Just from things he has said or others who know him have said about him he is disorganized, chronically late, loves to buy clothes (especially leather jackets), loves ALL women (which could be one of the reasons he hasn't settled for one special one yet), tends to live in extremes (he's an all or nothing kind of guy). He is energetic, looooves his caffeine, is a fantastic storyteller, funny, goofy, very much like the Gerry Kennedy character but not QUITE as romantic, is "very much the bad boy but with a good heart", caring, soft-hearted, emotional, candid (which probably makes him a publicist's nightmare), enthusiastic, loves his Mum above all else, adores his Lolita pup, is extremely intelligent, erudite, self-deprecating, very intuitive and empathic.

I think one day he would love to be a family man but right now his career is his #1 focus and his all-or-nothing tendancy means he can't give it his all and also develop a lasting relationship that would lead to marriage and children. He's a "wee smart cookie" that way - and maybe he's just having too much fun finally achieving the kind of roles and recognition which previously were only dreams.

Oh, and then there is the fact that he is one of the most talented actors working today, and more sexy than ANY man has the right to be with those aquamarine eyes that "pull you right in" and the quirky mouth with the crooked smile and that lush upper lip and the tongue he teases us with at every opportunity.... but I digress!

:whoa:

Hi girls,

I'm really enjoying your posts! :)

Do you know what I was thinking about?

I suppose you also had some situations like this - seeing very beautiful person (no matter a woman or a man), stylish one, with very nice face, figure etc who is educated etc and I said to myself - wow, what a beautiful girl, she is like a rain-drop :) I was fascinated.

This happened when I was called for an interview for a new job. As the groupe I'm working in is a french one she was translating from Bulgarian to French and viva versa.

Then they decided to hire me and as I started working there we became colleagues. For the time I'm working there I somehow get used to her beauty and now it doesn't call any impressions in me. In addition I found out a lot of non-intelligent characteristics in her behaviour and the way she acts and communicates.

What I'm trying to say is that beauty and education are not enough for anyone to be known as a "fascinating" person.

From the Gerry's interviews I feel he not only has the beautiful and sexy looking but also I find out he is so very delicate in the way he acts, the way he speaks...

Do you think if you were together (you and Gerry) that you can get used to him?

Or he is so delicate and fascinating in the way he behaves that even you get used to his beauty and his ordinary human things you will always feel respectful to his essence ?

Kind Regards, S.

Just from things he has said or others who know him have said about him he is disorganized, chronically late, loves to buy clothes (especially leather jackets), loves ALL women (which could be one of the reasons he hasn't settled for one special one yet), tends to live in extremes (he's an all or nothing kind of guy). He is energetic, looooves his caffeine, is a fantastic storyteller, funny, goofy, very much like the Gerry Kennedy character but not QUITE as romantic, is "very much the bad boy but with a good heart", caring, soft-hearted, emotional, candid (which probably makes him a publicist's nightmare), enthusiastic, loves his Mum above all else, adores his Lolita pup, is extremely intelligent, erudite, self-deprecating, very intuitive and empathic.

This sounds a lot like me except instead of loving women I love men.

Gerry is just a man. I think he's hot and sexy and charming beyond reason, but I never was very good at putting someone on a pedestal that makes them almost unreal.

He puts his socks on one at a time like the rest of us. He has nasty habits like the rest of us. I'm sure he doesn't look so picture perfect in the morning or smell so sweet after working all day. I am by no means putting him down, Gawd no. I just mean to me, he's this almost perfect looking speciman, that even if he wasn't an actor, i would find extremely attractive and if under normal circumstances where he was just another guy, I'd definitely approach him and let him know I'm attracted to him. That's it.

Donna, I had no idea that there'd already been a zit discussion. Sowwy! (LOL)

Yes, Gerry is very likely a "real" man and not an "ideal" man. I don't think that an ideal man exists because I know that I am far from an ideal woman...though I can be lovable. (hee hee) As much as I love the guy, I am well aware that my last post on this thread (citing examples of what his behavior might typically include, especially in the morning!) is probably closer to the truth than anything else, but I agree that it only compels me to love him even more deeply. I DON'T want a "prince" because they're too fargin' high maintenance. Give me a Ger-Bear and his chronically late habits any ol' day!

That was beautifully said and hit the nail right on the head! I think G likes being in the spotlight but when he is on his own time he likes to keep things more private, he seems like a nice person who just wants to do his thing and enjoy his life while making some great movies! It would have to be a pain in the booty if everything about your life was put out in the public eye, we all need our own space.

I couldn't agree more with both of your sentiments .. Well said! Your reference hotlips70 to Gerry just wanting to make some 'great' movies, is, I think, particularly spot on. He strikes me as someone who likes to create quality and certainly looks like he enjoys doing it. This is giving on a huge scale as it is, and all of the energy that Gerry pours out to his fans (which is pretty rare) in such a genuine way, is extra special. I wonder just how much personal downtime he actually has for himself however. Having time to ponder life and quietly reflect on your place in this world is so important for people as a whole, and no doubt even more so for someone in Gerry's line of work! :)

Scotch

Edited by scotchlass60

What can I say about Gerry. He's hot, handsome and sexy. But I feel just like a lot of you do. He is just a man, human, with all the faults and flaws the rest of us have. But with the ability to draw everyone to him. Whatever that thing he has that draws people in, it has certainly worked on alot of us. When I first saw him in POTO I was hooked. The initial glow is fading, but I still see the good looking man and fantastic actor. :kiss:

He has nasty habits like the rest of us.

:cunning: Nasty habits can be appealing.

I love a few good nasty habits too!!

ah let me count the habits.