Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (GALS) continued

Went in at 6:30 this morning... They took me in at 7:30. I was back there in the OR for about 20 minutes and went home about an hour later. Went to bed and just got up.

A LEEP procedure is where they take a hot wire loop and remove areas of yor cervix that have pre-cancerous cells. Ick.

:hugs: I'm gonna go watch Across the Universe.

Oh, Lish! My daughter did that... All is well now! So I hope you never have to do this again!

:comfort: Warm hugs from Eva Mari

Words by Sir Walter Scott, music and performance Loreena McKennit

It was an English ladye bright,

(The sun shines fair on Carlisle wall)

And she would marry a Scottish knight,

For Love will still be lord of all.

Blithely they saw the rising sun

When he shone fair on Carlisle wall;

But they were sad ere day was done,

Though Love was still the lord of all.

Her sire gave brooch and jewel fine,

Where the sun shines fair on Carlisle wall;

Her brother gave but a flask of wine,

For ire that Love was lord of all.

For she had lands both meadow and lea,

Where the sun shines fair on Carlisle wall,

For he swore her death, ere he would see

A Scottish knight the lord of all.

That wine she had not tasted well

When dead, in her true love's arms, she fell,

For Love was still the lord of all!

He pierced her brother to the heart,

So perish all would true love part

That Love may still be lord of all!

And then he took the cross divine,

And died for her sake in Palestine;

So Love was still the lord of all.

Now all ye lovers, that faithful prove,

Pray for their souls who died for love,

For Love shall still be lord of all!

Edited by NordicGirl

Suz, welcome back!!! You were missed!!!!

EM, your video is beautiful, and that song, OMG it'll bring a tear to a person's eye.

Christine, congrats on the new job!!

Just talked to Fran on the phone.They're under a tornado warning until midnight tonight.They're at the bar because it's a concrete building.I don't think Fran has ever experienced a tornado before but I do know she's a nervous wreck.We're keeping our fingers crossed that it just blows over and misses them.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well..

Posted Image Peggy

Take care of yourself Lish!!! :comfort::metoyou:

Thank you so much for making me feel welcome again!

Still feeling odd. I'm wondering if the weirdness might be from some new medication the doctor just put me on for my asthma. I guess time will tell.

Speaking of weirdness... two days ago my hubby and I were heading over to my mom's for the day, when out of the blue I had some very strong "impressions" thoughts, about a young man who years ago, was Nathan's best friend. He lived with us for a while after his mom passed away when he was 15 years old, but he and Nathan lost touch and we haven't seen or heard from him since 2003. For some reason, he was really on my mind, and I couldn't shake it.

Well last night, Nathan's phone rang, and guess who was calling him??? Yep... it was Travis, who just happened to be in town for the day. He actually lives about 4 hours outside Portland, and decided to see if he could locate Nathan again. Long story short, he came over last night... and it was weird. He has a 3 year old son, and we didn't even know he was married. Crazy!

*cues Twilight Zone music*

Swannie

Thanks Peg....leave it to my Dear sister to worry about me....and yes I was jittery as H-E-double-L.

We are still not out of the woods but it seems that the worst might be over!! Least I hope so! We came back to the house anyway...Bobby (DH) was hungry! Guess he's tired of dining at Wheeler's! :) So far we are having a few rumbles and the lights went out a couple of times and had to reboot the puter but it's all good .....NOW!

Just thought I'd pop in for a few minutes to check on Ya'll....hehehehehehe...see I'm getting that Southern thang down pat! Most of my customers are teaching me the Southern way!!

Lish...good to hear it's over and still good wishes going out to ya Sweetie!

Anybody else need a {{{HUG}}} or good wishes.... You got em!

Going to peek around a bit then I'm getting back down to the business at hand!

:wave::kiss: Fran

Oh Frannie....I told you to move to CA :tantrum: ....you stay safe (and don't you dare lose that NY accent!)...

love you!

hugs,

Sue

Frannie, what town do you live in over yonder? I watch the weather channel when there is nastyness about and want to be able to keep track of where my friends are and that they are safe - yeah, I watch out for the rest of you too!

Lish, I was keeping fingers crossed for you. When you mentioned that procedure, I Googled it to see what was going on. Glad everything turned out OK. Give the wee Spartan hugs from Auntie Suzie, but keep one for yourself too!

I HATE MOVING!! I have begun packing up family pictures and stuff for my move. The Realtor said the house would present better without personal stuff around. The very LAST thing to be taken down will be my Gerry shrine....I DON'T WANNA DO IT!! :tissues: But I need to get a painter in here, so I have no choice. Dang! Have I mentioned I hate moving! I did take time out from the house to go vote in the Texas Primary. I didn't so much vote for my favorite candidate as I voted against the person I DIDN'T want to win, even if it meant crossing party lines. I call it payback for the gazillion phone calls I received asking me to vote for that person. I haven't had one uninterrupted dinner in two weeks! Sheesh! Leave me alone, already!

OK, rant over. Going to bed now!

'Nite all! Many hugs!

Suzie

Hi Charli here...NEWBIE@large. I think I have a lot of homework to do. Got hooked on 300, he gave me the inspiration for naming my graphic design business 'spartan&tartan' as I'm Scot heritage & my partner's Greek, got hooked on POTO, Frankie. But now can't get enough. I need more input. I think I have to stand up in front of you all and admit..yes I have GALS. The effect is so strong that my man is afraid of my GB screensaver - he's afraid he might jump the fence - change teams.

Hee Hee.

:wave: Hi Gals!

Wow, have I missed a LOT!!!! I don't pretend to understand half of what has been going on, since I've been off my computer for weeks (I ruined it all by my stupid self) and have had flu and a gastro bug and am sitting at the moment in a cyber-café about 30 very long minutes on the subway from my place and it's maybe going to snow :boohoo: .... HI DONNAKAT, hope you got a shovel! So things aren't comfortable here - but they sure as s***t have been worse over your way, it seems...I could only gather what I read here, but it looks like things got unpleasant... If anyone would like to PM me with an explanation, please feel free to do so ... I'd like to understand why people got so angry ... :confused:

First of all, I'm very relieved for you that things have apparently cooled down at your husband's school, Cassie, I was almost scared to keep reading there for a while

2) I was soo disappointed for those attending, to read that Gerry would not be at CUT.... but as someone said, (sorry forgot who) he was the icing on the cake and it will still be a great cake because of all of you, the super duper ingredients!!! I hope they make a pile of money for the kids. I would so much like to meet you all in the flesh (you may knock yourself out with that one, Donna) I've missed reading you all a great deal over the past few weeks...

3) Congratulations to those with new jobs, I wish you every success!

4) Lish, biopsies and their subsequent procedures are always stressful, even when the results are good, you need some time to recover mentally, too

5) EM, positive thoughts are coming your way from me very often. I loved the video too and just as soon as I can, will put the song on my ipod. I didn't know of her music before, thank you for bringing her to our notice :metoyou:

6) Frannie, the tornado warning, I hope it petered out - we had a couple when we lived in NY State, very nasty, and one hit a house 2 along from us. Uncontrollable weather .... :scared:

7) Swannie, it could certainly be the medication! I felt the same way, when I was taking prescription pain pills last year, I got suspicious and stopped almost immediately and so did the dizziness - and the feeling that the floor was about one foot higher than it really was!

8) Christine, hope your chest is better (Donna, your cue ...) :D

9) Good luck with the move, Suzie, unpleasant things to have to do, I know, I've done 11 of them

Anyway, I'm going to stop going on and on here (time to go back before it starts to snow, they think around 1pm), but it's been so nice to be able to post here today!

I'm so sorry for all the upsets all those going to CUT have had, but you *are* going to meet up and have a great time - all us European Gals will probably only manage to meet you here, typing :crybaby: , but we're having a great time doing that, so I'm really not complaining!

Hugs and good thoughts to all those who need them, who I missed - it's very hard to catch up on about a month of posts

Congratulate me!! I finally saw PSILY!! The day before yesterday, in a cinema not far from where I live (thank God they do them in English) Go over to the Mop Boys, sweet Gerry has his own place there now ...

Hope to be back soon,

:hearts:

Sorsha xxxx

PS Welcome to Gals, Charli, :rose: I think you'll love it here

My post was a mess, had to edit a lot, :wave:

Edited by Sorsha

Thanks Sorsha...I'm already enjoying. Everyone has been sweet. Its a sweatbox here in Perth Australia. We are hoping for a break. Nerves are shot. I hope the school situation turns out positive. Keep warm, keep safe and I'll try and stay clothed for everyone's sake.

MWA Charli

Sorcha, good to see you again. Hope you get your 'puter fixed soon so you can spend more time with us!!

Hi Charli! Welcome to GALS :wave: Glad to have you with us! I live in Southern Texas and I know heat too. However, removing my clothing is such a bad idea, even I don't want to see me! LOL

By the way, what does MWA mean? I don't speak Internet.

Hugs to all,

Suzie

Guest DonnaKat

Hehe...corporate I/S was breathing down my neck this morning about some apparent "downloads" I made off the internet last week. Then the I/S dude came in and pretty much started accusing me as if I were some sort of criminal or something. I know for a fact I only downloaded two things - some software that was approved by management, and I upgraded my existing I/E to the latest version. He still said that didn't account for two discs worth of information being downloaded, to which I replied to him, "I haven't downloaded ANYTHING else. As a matter of fact, I'm removing things FROM my PC and cleaning it up." When he kept accusing me, I finally said "It's kind of a moot point now since I'm quitting in a week anyway". I don't know what on earth they think I downloaded, but I find it ridiculous that this company treats their employees like school children, or worse. :gah: They wanted me to fill out some sort of form, get approvals, etc...and they can't even tell me what it was I downloaded. It's going to be a cold day in h*** before they see that report, cuz I'm quitting anyway.

I will be SO very glad to get out of this childish, petty environment. Let them think what they want of me. I've been here 10 years, and I haven't been unethical yet. I can't say the same about the people I work for, though. :whoopdedoo:

And I don't even want to mention how completey freakin' ANNOYING the coordinator and my boss are being this morning. Every few minutes they come walking in here. Get the #@$% out of my office!!

Yeah, I know this turned into a rant. I'm trying not to let things upset me since I'm leaving, but I swear today they're off the chain!

Lish, I'm glad that the procedure went smoothly. I hope this isn't something you have to do often? Or is it just a precaution every six months or so? (Sorry, I'm a bit behind the eight ball on a few things around here...) Due to her recent cancer scare, I know that my sister needs a mammogram every six months for a while.

Suz, I was gone for a long time as well but everyone has made me feel right at home again. GALS is a great niche in cyberspace, that's for sure.

Thanks to all for the congratulatory wishes about the new job! I can't wait to start and find it most auspicious that my first day is slated for my b-day on the 19th! What a nice present! Now I just need some positive news on the SSDI front, which I hope to receive shortly.

Welcome to the new ladies and hugs to everyone else. Any word from Anna? I'm thinking of her all the time.

Donna, I endured something terribly similar not all that long ago. People can't stand it when someone "makes good" by obtaining a new and better job and then -- OH! -- she has the gall to resign from the bowels of Hell!? How dare she?

Instead of congratulating you, they'll attempt to ream you a new one every day until you DO leave.

I think it's the standard protocol for most places of employment.

You know that you did nothing wrong, you know that you've been an exemplary employee for a decade, you know that you have every right to leave their childish, petty "corporate" environment -- UP THEIR BUMS, I SAY!!!

Take another mental health day if you can. Lord knows you deserve it. These people sound crazy.

Guest DonnaKat

Thanks Christine. Honestly, I can't say it doesn't surprise me. The one co-worker is absent again today, and the coordinator who swore she'd quit when I did (yeah right) didn't even say congratulations, I heard you were leaving...nothing. These people are so phony up in here. The atmosphere is pretty tense, but my real friends have been congratulating me. One of the guys that was here from the beginning and stood by me (he's been through something similar) just stopped by to congratulate me.

Oh, and I forgot... :hugs: to you Lish. You're in my thoughts.

Posted Image (I will survive this chest thingie...I WILL!)

Good morning my friends (and afternoon and evening)!

Jenniper and I are meeting for a Gerry lunch today...can't wait!!

LIsh, ouch sweetie! I'm praying that they got it all and you will never have to go through that again. [[[hugs]]]

Christine, that's wonderful....what a good start huh!

Charli, welcome to the support center where you will find absolutely no help for your GALS symptoms I'm afraid...we only seem to make them worse around here (but then none of us are looking for a cure either)...but lots of love and support for any other area of your life...lol Have you seen The Jury or Attila yet? Oh, you have to get those two right away!!!

Oh Sorsha, I hope your computer gets fixed quick!

Donna, couldn't you just get sick for the next few weeks (heck, I'm going on three weeks with the cold)...and stay home until you start your new job...

Suzi, I feel for you...after this last move I told my husband that they will have to carry me out of this house feet first!! I hate moving! But just think of the pretty little garden home you're going to move into and that should help. Posted Image

Happy Hump day to you all! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted Image

Hugs to all!

Love,

Sue

*Kicks some serious butt in Donna's soon to be x-workplace :soangry: *

THES ES SPARTA!!!!

*Hugs Donna* :wuv:

*Hugs Sue too* Want a good strong'n'sweet cup of cyber-tea? :marek:

Edited by NordicGirl

Posted Image

The Silver Fox/Wulfie/by whatever name.... :drool1: Thank you SUE!!! :wuv:

Hehe...corporate I/S was breathing down my neck this morning about some apparent "downloads" I made off the internet last week. Then the I/S dude came in and pretty much started accusing me as if I were some sort of criminal or something. I know for a fact I only downloaded two things - some software that was approved by management, and I upgraded my existing I/E to the latest version. He still said that didn't account for two discs worth of information being downloaded, to which I replied to him, "I haven't downloaded ANYTHING else. As a matter of fact, I'm removing things FROM my PC and cleaning it up." When he kept accusing me, I finally said "It's kind of a moot point now since I'm quitting in a week anyway". I don't know what on earth they think I downloaded, but I find it ridiculous that this company treats their employees like school children, or worse. :gah: They wanted me to fill out some sort of form, get approvals, etc...and they can't even tell me what it was I downloaded. It's going to be a cold day in h*** before they see that report, cuz I'm quitting anyway.

I will be SO very glad to get out of this childish, petty environment. Let them think what they want of me. I've been here 10 years, and I haven't been unethical yet. I can't say the same about the people I work for, though. :whoopdedoo:

And I don't even want to mention how completey freakin' ANNOYING the coordinator and my boss are being this morning. Every few minutes they come walking in here. Get the #@$% out of my office!!

Yeah, I know this turned into a rant. I'm trying not to let things upset me since I'm leaving, but I swear today they're off the chain!

Sounds like the same place I work!!

Guest DonnaKat

Hehe, Sue...Gerry lunch. I don't even want to mention where my mind went when you said that. :lol:

I don't know why this place needs two weeks notice. People that get fired don't get two weeks notice. When you break up with someone, you don't need two weeks notice. :confused::D

I should go download a bunch of stuff off the internet this afternoon, and give them something else to worry about. Teehee.

MMMWWWWHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's the spirit, Donna!!! Download a plethora of Gerry photos and see how they like THAT. What a bunch of jealous, mean-spirited morons. Yeah, I'd call in sick for the next week as suggested...but that's just me and my Sicilian temper speaking aloud.

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Eva Mari, I keep meaning to tell you that your Beowulf siggy does...er, SOMETHING to my innards that I can't explain (then again, NEED I EXPLAIN *THAT* ON THIS SITE?). No, I didn't think so.

Gerry for lunch? What? Did someone say that G was on the menu today?