Gerard Butler GALS
Stef with an F

3/4 - Butler, Siegel are Evil Twins Update: Evil Twin Productions now G-BASE Productions

Well this was unexpected but fabulous news to wake up to today. I just hope we see him in a good court room battle to get an idea that if he had still be with Morton Fraser he may have been my lawyer!!!!

Alot of actors set up their own production companies to have a bit of control over their career and for Gerry I think it will allow him to make the kind of films he wants to make. Like Kevin Spacey said he does a few big films in order for him to do the indpendant ones he loves and theatre. I can see Gerry having the same attitude.

No wonder he was smiling in those photos last week.

Moira

I hope this will mean exciting prospects for Gerry. He's an intelligent man so hoping this means we'll see intelligent, interesting films with him in the future. Really looking forward to "Teacher Man" as I enjoyed the book and Gerry has the humor and depth to portray Frank McCourt.

Thank you for posting the news! I hope it will be an interesting film!

Way to go Gerry - keep evolving. We'll keep loving you and going along for the ride. Success is wished for you each and every day. :wuv:

It said on imdb post there is already a production company called Evil Twin Productions - they are Evil Twins - wonder if there will be any problems?.

Love the name though. Is he trying to tell us something ha ha :funnyface:

Yes, this is great news. It sounds like there are some exciting projects in the pipeline already and will give Gerry the scope to take on roles he feels are right for him and to maintain the control over the end project. He is exceptionally talented and intelligent and this is so right for him, well done Gerry. :wuv:

This is phenomenal news!! What a great start to my morning. I'm glad Gerry is able to take control of his career and do what he wants to do. Some great movies in the pipeline. Go Gerry and Alan...the Evil Twins!

:yay::yay::yay::wuv:

This is SOOOO COOOOL!!!!!

After successfully helming a few well-done films, this should allow Evil Twins to secure financing and studio backing to produce Burns!!! At least, I'm fairly certain that this is part of Gerry's plan.

It'll be great to see Gerry take on some additional roles in filmmaking. What's next in his master plan? Can anyone say Director?

A VERY INTELLIGENT MASTER PLAN INDEED !!!

BURNS - 2009 - 250th ANNIVERSARY

DLSPBS - PAT

Now THIS was worth getting up for! I am so happy for Gerry. Love the name too! He can be my Evil Twin anyday :yummy: . But I must agree with a few of the others; I was not too thrilled to see him partnered with Alan. We'll just have to watch and see....

Pssst, Gerry... Burns??

Guest DonnaKat

I'm very happy and excited for Gerry (yes, I said 'excited' :lol: ). While I'm rather *ahem* hesitant about him pairing up with Alan, that's Gerry's business and not mine. ;) Either way, I wish him the best of luck!

With Gerry's wacky sense of humor, I wonder what the Evil Twins logo will look like. Some of you artists out there might have some ideas!

What a great way to wake up! I'm so very proud of Gerry. We always knew he was strong and intelligent, and now he's gonna show the world! "Citizen" sounds awesome, but "Teacher Man" will touch my heart!

Principals and department heads lectured him to never share anything personal. He was instructed to arouse fear and awe, to be stern, to be impossible to please--but he couldn't do it.

That's why I lost my job! And to know that Gerry feels enough about that story to bring it attention and want to produce it, and hopefully star in it, makes my heart very happy!

I love that's taking charge of his own career, and like Donna, I'm not happy at all that he's partnered with Alan, but you know there are tons of stuff we don't know. Gerry is a very loyal man, and also like Donna, I trust his judgment. I also hope he doesn't forget about us . . . I highly doubt it.

Bravo, bravo, bravissimo! Gerry, you never cease to amaze me!

OMG! This is AMAZING news! I'm so excited and happy for him! Expanding his career and doing what he loves! AWESOME!

Brumie

It said on imdb post there is already a production company called Evil Twin Productions - they are Evil Twins - wonder if there will be any problems?.

Love the name though. Is he trying to tell us something ha ha :funnyface:

I saw that... but given the fact that Gerry was at one time a lawyer, one would think he would have done a check to see if that name was already taken. My guess is, the name is fine.

Swannie

They will produce "Hanging Tale," penned by Danny Rubin, with Lightstorm Entertainment; and "Teacher Man," based on Frank McCourt's novel. Ronald Bass is adapting as well as producing; Howard and Karen Baldwinalso produce.

I think it's a real good idea to play this novel .... I read Angela's ashes and Teacher man and I enjoyed both. I never thought Gerry looks like Franck Mc Court ( ;) because in the novels, Franck Mc Court describes himself with little eyes and bad toth ... ) but I think he will be a wonderful teacher man ... And we will hear again his "irish" burr (I read somewhere that some people don't like it in PSILY ... ). I'm happy that Gerry could, at last, play what he wants, having a true choice of good roles to play.

:goodjob: Vas y Gerry, tu es le meilleur !

I wonder if Gerry intends to play the lead in all these projects, or if they will cast other actors as well? It will be fun to watch things develop.

Swannie

I've had some time to let this sink in a bit so I feel the need to post again.

I really think Gerry is a brilliant man, and probably a shrewd business man given his legal background and education. There are many actors who have started their own production companies, but they have not done anything (Brad Pitt's comes to mind). But then if you look at Clint Eastwood's career, and I am not comparing him with Gerry, he also started his own production company that has been VERY successful, and CE has made the movies he wanted made and it worked. I know in my heart that this is the best thing for Gerry, and he will defnitely show Hollywood what he's made of.

He has said that he makes the bigger movies in the hopes of getting the smaller, independent movies of SUBSTANCE done. Now he can accomplish his dreams.

More than ever am I proud to be a GAL, and a fan of Gerard Butler.

I've had some time to let this sink in a bit so I feel the need to post again.

I really think Gerry is a brilliant man, and probably a shrewd business man given his legal background and education. There are many actors who have started their own production companies, but they have not done anything (Brad Pitt's comes to mind). But then if you look at Clint Eastwood's career, and I am not comparing him with Gerry, he also started his own production company that has been VERY successful, and CE has made the movies he wanted made and it worked. I know in my heart that this is the best thing for Gerry, and he will defnitely show Hollywood what he's made of.

He has said that he makes the bigger movies in the hopes of getting the smaller, independent movies of SUBSTANCE done. Now he can accomplish his dreams.

More than ever am I proud to be a GAL, and a fan of Gerard Butler.

Hi Phoenix Girl

Brad Pitt was producer of Babel and A Mighty Heart(I think) but nothing else springs to mind These were critical successes but did not exactly set the box office alight hence why it was maybe not well known he was involved.

I'm in agreement with those concerned on the partnership with Alan but I guess that is probably after the way he handled CUT - I've not heard of any other "Alan" incidents that would make me wary. I do not know how many big clients he has but Alan seems to have stuck with Gerry because he saw what the rest of us have known for years and what Hollywood is only wakening up to and knew Gerry would get his moment to shine and in turn probably make Alan his fortune and likewise Gerry does not appear to suffer fools gladly and would not have gone into this partnership lightly - afterall once a lawyer always thinks ike a lawyer - I'd take down his briefs any day ha ha :pant:

Moira

Way to go Gerry! This is so exciting, can't wait to see what wonderful projects Gerry and Alan do!

Edited by hotlips70

Okay....I'm happy for him like the rest of you but I have a few little flutters in my belly...just a few....does this mean he will be more behind the scenes? I have such a feeling that he loves the business but hates the lime light and this would be a way in could stay in it and not have to be in the public eye so much!! Just something to think about..... I don't want to be a downer but something's bugging me about this....I do wish Gerry all the luck in the world on this new undertaking...Alan...I'm not so sure about?!

:wave: Fran

I dont' think you will ever see Gerry not acting Fran. I do think he loves it!

Maybe I'm being hopeful here but I really think he caught the acting bug and I don't know if that totally gets out of your system from what some say.

I think he's just broadening his horizons. Plus he has the business/legal side and more than likely wants to get into the business on many levels!! :)

Brad Pitt was producer of Babel and A Mighty Heart(I think) but nothing else springs to mind These were critical successes but did not exactly set the box office alight hence why it was maybe not well known he was involved.

Moira

Oops - didn't know that. I haven't seen either film.

Fran, you're not alone in that thought . . . my only trepidation about this venture is the loss of Gerry being accessible and visible. But, my heart is with Gerry and whatever he wants for his life, I want for his life . . .

- afterall once a lawyer always thinks ike a lawyer - I'd take down his briefs any day ha ha :pant:

Moira

:funnyup::funnyup: now that's a thought!!

Frannie, I too think Gerry loves acting too much. I'm hoping this will allow him to make the movies He wants to make (like Burns) .... that's my story and I'm sticking to it! lol

hugs,

Sue