Gerard Butler GALS
Stef with an F

3/4 - Butler, Siegel are Evil Twins Update: Evil Twin Productions now G-BASE Productions

OK, now how do I get in on the action????

Actress looking for work

Call me :wave:

:hmm:

No I'm serious..............

Cailleach

I'm impressed with this new endeavour. Butler is really smart. He needs to be doing something that requires a bit of smarts and clout.

I like this take on the news:

Posted Mar 5th 2008 2:31PM by Elisabeth Rappe

Filed under: Drama, Independent, Deals, Scripts

He's a talented actor and capable of achieving some marvelous things if he chooses wisely -- and having the option of making his own films should draw him well out of The Ugly Truth territory. Well played, Butler.

I liked the article too, particular that bit, lol.

This one is taken from a Filmstalker article:

"What this might do is allow Butler to appear in some films that he really wants to make and drive his acting career forward, rather than continue to take the Hollywood roles that are thrown his way."

Ouch. Well, I hope that the new production company affords him the opportunity to do some unique things of substance.

Go Gerry!

Edited by lisa722

His intelligence shines again! When actors may find work scarce, directors are still busy. Gerry's creativity will now shine through his own visions. I am so very happy for him. His career has truly become his life. It couldn't happen to a more deserving & special man.

I read that book Angelas ashes so good. do we have a pic of Alan Siegel in the gallery I would like to see what he looks like and where in the world did they get that name its interesting to know that too. just curious Betts

I certainly hope this comment is aimed at those conducting the interviews.... and NOT Gerry himself. Over the years, he has given some great, insightful interviews, but it seems that in the case of 300, and PSILY, the journalists interviewing him always asked the same redundant questions. I know I got sick of him being asked in EVERY interview, "How did you get those abs?" when there certainly were more intelligent subjects Gerry could have spoken about. I really do not think it was his choice to talk about the 300 workout, or smacking Hilary.

I love listening to interviews when Gerry is asked interesting questions. Those are the best, because when he gets on a roll, he is fascinating, intelligent and entertaining!

Swannie

Oh crap, lisa... you're probably right about the "swearjar" LOL!!!

Even though it's a cute story, I really wanna hear more about how he convinced the producers to let him play both Jack and Alex... but instead we're probably gonna get something like this: "So Mr Butler.... what was your grand total?"

I said on another thread, I think there are indications that Gerry has been less than thrilled with the scripts he's been offered. Hopefully now with his own company, he can use ALL his gifts and talents to unearth and develop some great scripts. (I personally think the man could probably have some talent in writing.)

Swannie

I read that book Angelas ashes so good. do we have a pic of Alan Siegel in the gallery I would like to see what he looks like and where in the world did they get that name its interesting to know that too. just curious Betts

This is a picture of Gerry and Alan, in the background, looking like twins at the MTV Awards show. We laughed at how they dressed alike. Yes, they are the evil twins.

Kathy

Click to enlarge...

Posted Image

THAT's Alan???? :confused: I thought he was the white-haired guy that Gerry always has with him. Interesting . . .

Well, I feel we have to trust Gerry's judgment. We all keep saying how intelligent Gerry is, so I would imagine he knows what Alan is like. Alan may very well be a really good business man, too. I think Alan just wants to make sure Gerry isn't late all the time. :lol: Yeah, like anyone can help him with that!

Just trying to see both sides of this now . . .

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I can't think of a white-haired guy who is with Gerry all the time. Actually - when Alan started the "5 second rule" after Leno (April 2005) while it seemed like it wasn't fair he was really trying to make sure that everyone at least got to meet Gerry. The line of people seemed to never end and he'd already been out there for well over an hour, talking, hugging, signing autographs, taking pictures and there were still a LOT of people in the line. We had even been forced to go across the street from where we originally lined up (which was outside the studio gates) because the Burbank police decided we were a safety hazard or something. We were sure that at that point Gerry would just say he had to leave, but no, he was a real trooper and like the Pied Piper he crossed the street with the long line of fans trailing after him. But there came a point that Alan thought that they would never get through the whole line and they had told us Gerry had to leave when it started to get dark. So that's when Alan started telling people they had 5 seconds and could get either a photo or an autograph but not both. I don't know if Gerry called him any names, but there were times he complained that it wasn't fair to only give people 5 seconds, but by doing that, or trying to, he managed to get through the whole line. Lisa, sometime you should ask Debby for the details because she was the "co-ordinator" of things that day so she was standing right next to Gerry the entire time!!!!!

Guest DonnaKat

LOL! I guess someone's gotta be the 'bad guy'. If Alan was doing that to give all the fans a chance, then I'd say I agree with him. I know from experience that fans can be really greedy and selfish when it comes to wanting what they want at the expense of everyone else. It's a shame to only get 5 seconds, but 5 seconds is better than nothing. I'd rather everyone get a few seconds than some people get a bunch of time and others nothing.

Since Gerry's now a producer as well as an actor, will he have to walk a picket against himself if there is a strike? LOL!

ETS: I read in another thread that there are no stupid questions, so....

Edited by Seumus O'Seaghdha

Since Gerry's now a producer as well as an actor, will he have to walk a picket against himself if there is a strike? LOL!

ETS: I read in another thread that there are no stupid questions, so....

Well . . . I now stand corrected. :funnyup: (I'm kidding). Maybe he'll picket against Alan . . .

Thanks Susan for your story....this was kind of what I was getting at in my previous post here. I couldn't figure out where the hostility towards Alan was coming from. I had always heard before that Alan was a nice guy and hadn't ever heard that he didn't like or respect Gerry fans. And I still think that while he made a mistake with the way he handled the CUT business, he was trying to think about Gerry's fans.

hugs,

Sue

I agree with Sue, they could have made the anouncement(sp) at CUT, saying he wasnt able to make it. They did give us pretty advance notice. (I hope I'm not peeing in anyones cherrios)

I agree with Sue, they could have made the anouncement(sp) at CUT, saying he wasnt able to make it. They did give us pretty advance notice. (I hope I'm not peeing in anyones cherrios)

Absolutely true - and I think we would have been even MORE upset.

The more I think about his new production company, the more excited for him I become. I can't wait for him to show them what he's made of, and what Hollywood has missed out on all these years.

Just an amazing man . . .

Hi

Here is a link to The Hanging Tale. Oh Gerry you are playing with the big boys now you can't get any better than co-producing with the guys responsible for the biggest blockbuster ever. :p:D:pointy:

http://www.hollywood.com/movie/The_Hanging_Tale/5096503

Whilst I really see Lisa's point does that mean if somehow Gerry's schedule should become clear and he could make it afterall should he not bother coming because of those who cancelled on hearing of his non appearance. I'd like to think he would think of those who stuck by CUT regardless and turn up out of respect for them. Whilst I do not think for one minute he will show for the Q&A now I'd like to think if he finds himself in LA on the evening of Sat 29 Mar he may show up for 5 mins at the VIP Party(wishful thinking). I may be out of place here but I think every attendee will have the right to feel a bit miffed if photos of him emerge out partying that night but hey we'll forgive him we always do LOL :lalala: .

Moira

Edited by framolamdu

Hi

Here is a link to The Hanging Tale. Oh Gerry you are playing with the big boys now you can't get any better than co-producing with the guys responsible for the biggest blockbuster ever. :p:D:pointy:

Moira

OMG!! James Cameron and Jon Landau! Awesome for Gerry!!! I'm soooo proud of him!!

There's also one for Teacher Man. Teacher Man

I can't say enough about this for Gerry . . . wow, I'm gushing over a production company. I'm moving up in the world . . .

Hi

http://www.hollywood.com/movie/The_Hanging_Tale/5096503

Moira

Thanks, Moira, for that link. This news is just getting better and better. Rock on, Gerry!

I want to Congratulate Gerry and Alan on their new adventure.

It was only a matter of time before Gerry did something like this. If you take a look at his career, sometimes when we, his fans, thought he could have done better or maybe made a mistake in the part he chose to play, Gerry was always following his own heart and his own plan. He never does anything without a plan. He is brilliant, knows how to negotiate, is nobody's fool and can take care of himself.

He has a loving heart and takes care of others also. He now is up but, he has also paid a price for his success and knows what it is to be down and out. He appreciates what God has given him. He has no ego and we all know he has every reason to have one. I call him a beautiful man, not a handsome man. A beautiful man is one that is beautiful on the outside and the inside. Please don't get me wrong, he is not perfect. He has his own wee wicked ways.

I always wondered why he seemed to take the snubbing from the so-called biggies in Hollywood seemingly, so lightly. They, themselves will tell you they are a click. He would take small parts like in PSILY and make the others look bad. Sometimes he had to hold back just to let the other actors look good. He has so much God-given talent. There is something about him that he is not even aware of.

Men do not seem to want to act toe to toe with him. Jealousy is a bad thing. My own opinion is that is he loves acting so much and was making the money for what is now coming, his own production company. For some reason, "300" and the money it made could not put him on the A-list of stars. I read a story of how everyone in "300" seemed to come out ahead except the star, Butler.

We have not seen the best of Gerry, yet. There are a lot of good things to come. I am waiting for an Academy Award.

I think we have lots to look forward to and Gerry will always be okay. He loves his fans and we love him. He knows where his bread and butter comes from. Without fans, no sold tickets. No sold tickets, no money. We always get our monies worth when we go to one of his movies. We aways come away with a small piece of the puzzle, known as Gerard Butler. I love his interviews, especially the one on Leno where he talks of his shoes being too small. He does lose his thoughts in some of his interviews. He gets so excited about the details, he forgets the question. He has OCD and turns even this into something charming.

He will not fail in this endeavor. He has too much going for him. We can all celebrate in having a small part in his success by the things we have done in his name in helping others and, to help further his career.

We really will have something to celebrate at Convention 2008.

Love to all my GAL sisters, hope to see you there. :wuv:

Lady Yvonne <><

:wave: Yvonne, it's so good to see you posting sweetie! Are you going to make it to Vegas????

hugs,

Sue

thanks for the picture of Alan I appreciate it I never saw him. Maybe now I know why they call it Evil twin too. haha love ya'll Betts