Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

3/6 - GAME Designer to appear on Slice of Sci-Fi Show

Slice of Sci-Fi.com

Game Designer Dave Arneson on Slice of SciFi Show #151

E. Gary Gygax, his longtime colleague, Dave Arneson joins us to talk about their association together on the groundbreaking RPG "Dungeons & Dragons" Like Gygax, Arneson cut his teeth on gaming through various strategy board and card games and then, again like his D&D co-creator, was introduced to the wargame "Gettysburg" by his parents, and that changed his entire future. Arneson is the co-founder, with Dustin Clingman, of www.zeitgeistgames.com, home of Arneson's Blackmoor, other RPG products, and a company dedicated to creating fun and innovative casual games for web, PC and Console platforms.

In the News segment we will have two very cool SCI FI to SCI-FACT stories, one of which is a robot feature that some may find kind of frightening, along with an update to Sam Raimi's new horror film "Drag Me To Hell." We'll give our fans a good rundown of all the SF/fantasy and horror big screen features that are expected in theaters for Movie Talk. Now that the writer's strike is over, why are many scribes idle at their desks?

We tell you in the TV Talk segment of the show, as well as, giving out some details about Academy Award winner Mira Sorvino's new television miniseries coming to NBC.

Future Talk says that Gerard Butler will be showing up in one of the most anticipated SF movies in quite a few years. We tell you which one and the unique role he will be playing in it, also, rumor has it that there may be a new Starfighter in our futures.

Dave Arneson is our special guest, we still have two important contests running, there will be special segments and much, much more. Be sure to join us online this Saturday, March 8, 2008 for Slice of SciFi Show #151 and again on March 10, 2008 on XM Satellite Radio's Sonic Theater (4-5AM & 7-8AM EDT drive-time).

Future Talk says that Gerard Butler will be showing up in one of the most anticipated SF movies in quite a few years. We tell you which one and the unique role he will be playing in it, also, rumor has it that there may be a new Starfighter in our futures.

Other than Game? I'm confused????

Slice of Sci-Fi is a podcast from SliceofSciFi.com and FarPoint Media. They are talking about Game. Remember, this podcast is not aimed at Gerry fans, but rather sci-fi fans who would likely have not heard anything about Game yet. Outside of Gerry fans, Game has really not had all that much exposure yet. This, however, is a sign of that beginning to change.

Edited by Seumus O'Seaghdha

Slice of Sci-Fi is a podcast from SciFi.com. They are talking about Game. Remember, this podcast is not aimed at Gerry fans, but rather sci-fi fans who would likely have not heard anything about Game yet. Outside of Gerry fans, Game has really not had all that much exposure yet. This, however, is a sign of that beginning to change.

Thanks, Seumus!!! :wave:

Thanks for the "assist" Seumus! Excellent explanation!

Just been over on imdb and there is speculation about what this sci-fi project is and whilst some are saying Game others are saying is this really one of the most anticipated sci fi films in years. There is speculation that it could be Star Trek as that is in production at the moment. Now if my memory serves me right I recall a post from Linda in reference to the new unnanounced film that will take him from CUT saying the role was unique and cool. In this article they make reference to his unique role in the film.

Could be just putting 2+2 and getting way off mark. Not saying it is Star Trek but could be some other big sci-fi film in production.

Please don't make him a Klingon :funnyup:

Moira

Could be just putting 2+2 and getting way off mark. Not saying it is Star Trek but could be some other big sci-fi film in production.

Please don't make him a Klingon

Well, Eric Bana shaved his head to do Star Trek, so it is going into production bloody soon!

Hey, had a thought for a role that seems to suit Gerry: you know how in Star Trek (the original) there was always the unnamed guys in the red security shirts? You know, the ones that as soon as you see them, you think, "Oh, that's the guy who will die on the very next away team mission." Seems to fit Gerry's penchant for dying in his films! LOL!!!

Seumus: Eric Brana is going to be in Star Trek???

Well I just might have to go see it then..

I know what you mean about the guys in the red

shirts, we always knew who was going to be a goner

before the end of the show. LOL

I loved Star Trek and went to many conventions in

the past.

Was lots of fun at the time.

Now my loyalties lie with Gerry Butler.

Yes, I said lie with Gerry LOL

Debbie

I heard them talking about 'Star Trek' and Eric Bana being in it on 'Jay Leno.' I am actually a Star Trek fan myself. I use to have a stuffed Tribble, but, my cat stole it, and I haven't seen it since.

Wasn't this supposed to happen today? I went on the site but had no success in finding it live. Does anyone know what the "unique role" is for sure? :unsure:

Ah - never mind - just found the following: (so it's "old" news to us)

Future Talk:

# Gerard Butler has announced that he will be giving voice to “Tales of the Black Freighter,” the comic-within-a-movie that is part of “Watchmen,” the superhero film being adapted from the highly popular Alan Moore graphic novel and directed by Butler’s “300″ boss Zack Snyder.

Edited by Dreamer

I would love to see G in Star Trek, beam me up Gerry!

Please don't make him a Klingon :funnyup:

Moira

OMG!

:rotflmao:

:erik: Ebony Eyes :phantom:

Bought a book at Amazon, hope that helps.. :wave:

Hugs, Midnight

Edited by Midnight Diva