Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Adelheid

Off to vacation

Hi there all my wonderful GALfriends, and anyone who cares! :p

Soooo, tomorrow I'll leave my beloved Augsburg for 3 weeks to go to Paris (4 days/5 nights) and then to Scotland.. I hope Zeus, Thor, Aceio and Dagda (gods of weather) and also St. Peter will be a little kind to me and send me at least a little bit sunshine to be able to make some nice pictures so you all will be very jealous of me :funnyface:

All fun aside, I'm really gonna miss you all!!! :wuv:

I hope some of you will miss me too and keep me posted about the important (and funny) news, because I surely won't be able to read everything you'll be writing in the meantime! In return I'll post as soon as possible some pictures of the highlights of my journey in this thread, hopefully already during my vacation!

Said enough, I have to go pack...Keep you fingers crossed for me so that everything goes well (because I'm traveling all by myself)

:grouphug: and :kiss: especially to Charlotte, Donna and Eva Mari

:wave: Adelheid

Edited by Adelheid

My dear Adelheid, have a wonderful time...takes lots and lots of pictures to share with us...stay safe...and I pray that the Lord keeps you safe and gives you plenty of sunshine :kiss: .

Posted Image

I will miss your postings but I am so excited for you!

love,

Sue

Edited by irish

Adelheid, you have fun girl. And get down and dirty with those Scotsman!!!!

Just remember 'stay safe'.

Bring us back lots of great pics!!! Lucky Beotch. *hugs*

Charlotte

Adelheid, maybe you'll meet a Gerry-esque dude while you're wandering around in a huge park somewhere outside of Glasgow...you know, shades of PSILY? Well, it'd be nice to imagine...right?

I HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL TIME! STAY SAFE!

Adelheid,

I hope you have a wonderful time.....Springtime in Paris!!!!!! Well, almost Springtime...lol

And then off to Scotland....don't forget to tilt a kilt!....LOL. Have a great time!

Hugs, Linda

HIYA!!! I'm back my beautiful GALfriends! Seems like forever I've been here... :(

I catched a little cold in my last two days over there, so give me a few days to sort my pictures and write some of my adventures down... :p

BTW Sue: your prayers worked! I only had 2 days of rain in scotland! (I mean real rain), the other 14 days were soo bright!!

I've met so many nice people over there, and had the greatest time since... I don't know, forever. I will soooo gonna go back there!

But how are you all??! Seems like loads of great things happened...right Donna? :wuv:

Catch me up a little bit please!

:grouphug: Cheers, Adel

Edited by Adelheid

Adelheid! Welcome home sweetie!

OMG have you got a lot to catch up on!!!!!!!! Not the least of ... check out Donna's new avitar!!!

hugs,

Sue

p.s. I'm so glad the Lord answered our prayers with blessing you with lots of sunshine in Scotland!!!

pss...I forgot to tell you that EM's llittle Linnea has been born and she is precious and healthy!! Don't forget to check out her pictures in the wee ones thread (which has been moved to the Oh What A Doll forum)

Edited by irish

Welcome Back Adelheid!!! I hope you had a great time! Meet anyone in particular??? huh? huh? LOL.

Glad you're back home safe and sound.

Adelheid,

Welcome back....we want to hear about your trip......all the details.....lol!!!!

Hugs, Linda

Aawwwww, so nice of you Donna! *brushing off dust* :p

But wow look at you, you got to press your cheek against Gerrys!!! I'm sooo jealous! How does he smell like? :wuv:

How was the convention? And L.A. in general?!

So many questions....

And off course thanks to Sue, Charlotte and Linda for the warm welcome!! :yay:

Good to hear about wee Linnea! (But unfortunatley I don't have the password for the thread... :( )

So many other news and stories I have to catch up with. We should come up a system: you tell me something - I post some pictures and stories in return..!

JUST KIDDING! :funnyface:

I'm sorry that I didn't post anything up to this day, but I had a cold AND had to work...sooo, not to much time for the internet. But I PROMISE I'll write something about my vacation tomorrow and post pictures!! Most of the pictures may be boring for the ones that haven't been to scotland, but there are at least some semi-juicy stories to tell... :kisswink:

I have to go to bed, I'm exhausted..

Hope you're all happy&healthy!!! :kiss:

Edited by Adelheid

Ok it's not really tomorrow, but RL took so much time. I couldn't write anything... was so exhausted every day I didn't wanted to do any mental work :p

But here we go finally (I hope anyone is still interested) :I will start with my scotland vacation, since most of the Paris pictures are still in Paris on my friends computer. Except: Posted Image

(my hair's a total mess, but the EIFFELTOWER - WOW)

Most important first: I had the time of my life - in Paris with my friend but even more in scotland all by myself!!! Travelling alone is so much greater than I ever thought it could be; I was able to to whatever I wanted to and the best thing was: I met so many amazing, kind and funny people!

I connected with one girl in Inverness so strong, that we're still keeping in touch, and I'm actually planning on going back to scotland in august/september to visit Isle of Skye and more with her!

She took this picture of me (on one of the funniest days) Posted Image

The best souvenir I brought with me and I want to share with you: the music of Amy MacDonald! I was listening to her all the time while I was in Scotland, and the music was just matching the country so perfectly, it was so.... *sigh*

Hmm, ok how should I tell all of this... I guess I'll post a short summary in short keywords, if anyone wants to know something more specific: ASK! :p

Monday 17th: Arrival in Glasgow - bright sunshiny day! Dinner in a pub: met a friendly older scottish couple, had a nice conversation; escaped the crowds of St. Patrick's Day (wouldn't have been a good idea going to a pub alone this night)

Tuesday: Sight-Seeing in Glasgow: took a hop-on-hop-off bus tour, got a rough overview; went to Huntington Art Gallery and

Kelvingrove Art Gallery --> amazing!! Saw some more paintings of Monet and other Impressionist I admire; the rest of the museum

was of course also worth taking a look at!!

Posted Image

[Kelvingrove Art Gallery]

I liked Glasgow, but I still had to get used to travelling alone, and so unfortunately I couldn't enjoy my stay there as much as I probably could have... But I will return and do all the things I couldn't manage to do in the short time! Posted Image

[bridge over river Clyde, right in front of my hostel]

Wednesday: Got up at 6!! definetely not my time of day; [but look at the amazing sunrise I had] Posted Image

took the bus to Oban on the westcoast. The route is... breathtaking.. I will probably use this word very often in the next lines.

I mean I live in South Germany near the Alpes (highest mountain is about 4000 metres high), but the mountains look even though

they're only 1300 meters at most (Ben Nevis) amazing! Posted Image

Walked the rest of the day up and down the beautiful coast in Oban (all in all 12 km that day!) and enjoyed the warm sunshine, being on my own, the scents of the ocean, the forrest, the heath... *sigh* totally relaxing day!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Thursday: Tried to catch the bus to Fort William, but I missed it, got soaked by one of the 2 single rain showers I experienced in

scotland; went back to the hostel, blow-dried my shoes (no kidding!) and went out to the sea again. Because the rain had stopped

and a big stormy wind came up. I LOVE stormy sea. To be honest, I wore two hoods and therefore looked hideous :p, and got windburn in

my face (didn't knew that it existed before that day) - but I had the greatest day ever! Climed the muddy hill up to the ruins, collected seashells, slipped on a rock and got my pants a nice green colour :p, took about 200 pictures *g* and had the most stupid smile nailed to my face all day!

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

At the end of this wonderful day I went to the "Chocolate factory" and had a scrumptious *g* hot chocolate whilst sitting in the most comfortable couch in this world and watching the stormy sea and sky outside.... *sigh*

Posted Image

[more to come...]

Edited by Adelheid

Adelheid, thank you for sharing your travelogue and your beautiful pictures. Scotland doesn't disappoint it seems.

Looking forward to seeing more.

Hugs,

Andrea

Me too Adel...can't wait to hear more of your adventure and see more pictures...you are quite the photographer! I love the pictures...(and you look so cute in that first one)...Posted Image

hugs,

Sue

Wow, it's been forever since I've been here.... :unsure:

I'm really sad I couldn't find the time to write from one time to another, because real life (uni & work) were pretty much for me in the past months... I know myself, if I would've come here - time would've flown!!! :p

I worked so hard, because I had one big goal: go back to lovely scotland for summer vacation!! And here I am about 18 hours before my flight to Edinburgh!!!! I will be staying for at least 1 month....haven't figured out were I'll go this time yet...as long as I'm in scotland I don't really care ;) But don't worry about me, this time I'm travelling with a good friend.

I honestly hope I'll find the time to drop in from time to time, because I really miss being around here with all you wonderful GALs!!!

Miss you all! Big hugs to you!! (Donna, Charlotte, Sue, Linda, Eva Mari)

Adel

Adelheid, please have fun for me!!! Someday I will make it across the pond to see the other side!!! Please post more pics, I enjoyed reading your posts so far!

Jeanette

SURPRISE!!

I'm back!!! :wave: Do you remember me? :p I had the best time during my six weeks! in scotland.... I met so many nice people and I've been to incredible beautiful places. I even had my very own star-encounter!!! (No actor; many of you probably won't know him, but it was soo cool! :p ) I know :worthless: , so I'm working on that!

Meanwhile.... HOW ARE YOU??! I've missed out on so much, please fill me in on the most improtant changes/ news!

:grouphug:, Adel

Adel' !!!! :hug1:

I cannot tell you how happy I am right now! Words are not enough..

BIG warm hug from me :wuv:

ADEL!!!

Our world traveler is back!! :yahoo:

SURPRISE!!

I'm back!!! :wave: Do you remember me? :p I had the best time during my six weeks! in scotland.... I met so many nice people and I've been to incredible beautiful places. I even had my very own star-encounter!!! (No actor; many of you probably won't know him, but it was soo cool! :p ) I know :worthless: , so I'm working on that!

Meanwhile.... HOW ARE YOU??! I've missed out on so much, please fill me in on the most improtant changes/ news!

:grouphug:, Adel

Welcome home. Can't wait to see the pics.

Welcome Back!!!! Cannot wait to see the pics!!!!