Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

New "Introspective" Forum?

Hey, I was just wondering if there could be a new Forum on the board, where we could discuss some of the more serious topics, regarding our lives and what it means to be a Gerry fan. This is something that often comes up in the Beauty of his Soul threads, but I think it would be neat to have a place where some of us more introspective types could explore other issues too.

Just a suggestion for a title: Introspective Topics

Thanks!

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Oh Pilar :lol: You can take the girl outta the gutter, but .... oh you know the rest :rotflmao:

Sounds like a good idea Swan

Guest greyeyegoddess

*taking mod hat off...just a fan*

I thought we already do that in the Support Center?

The whole site is to talk about Gerry and there are wonderful places to talk about him, and start new off the threads.

What about starting a thread in "All Things Gerry" and calling it something that has to do with serious discussions and feelings. I'm finding it hard to understand as to why make a new forum about discussing Gerry, when the whole site is for that.

~alice

:music:

The Support Center veers off on all sorts of topics, so it is is difficult to carry on a focused discussion there. What I am referring to is a Forum for creating all sorts of threads that can either involve Gerry in the discussions or not.

On this site we have all sorts of forums for fun; we have role playing forums, gaming forums, The Gutter Forum and many more to suit the needs of our members, but there is really no "place" designated for weightier and introspective topics.

Many times when I want to post a weightier topic, I'm not sure where to post, so it winds up in a forum that has nothing to do with its subject matter. In any case, I think it might be a good addition to this community.

Swannie

Edited by Swansong

Guest greyeyegoddess

I don't know, why not go into one of the All things Gerry and make up a thread. I honestly don't see the reason to have a whole forum to talk about serious things. And I'm still talking as a fan, not a mod.

The support center, fans have talked about what they feel about Gerry, but yes, people talk about their families, their ills, etc. But it does come back to Gerry.

~alice

:music:

Guest Pilar

:2cents:

And, many "heavier" topics are discussed in the "Beauty of his Soul" section. That's the beauty of this site. When I want to get "deep" about G, I go to that thread. When I want to lighten up a bit, I go to the "Silly Messages" or down "below."

G is da bomb! :love:

Maybe what I mean is a sub-forum, for example... Gb.net has Thought Provoking Topics. (again, just an example)

Swannie

Maybe what I mean is a sub-forum, for example... Gb.net has Thought Provoking Topics. (again, just an example)

Swannie

The Mod Squad has been alerted to the request Swannie, and when there's been ample time for all of us to weigh in, we will make a decision.

Thanks for the suggestion!

:hugs:

Katie

Frankly, I come to GALS for fun things and to share what is happening in my life. We all adore Gerry and most of us constantly talk about what Gerry and our fan involvement has meant to us. In my opinion this is not the place to discuss deep social issues. Personally, I wouldn't participate because I prefer to keep my opinions private. I find I stay out of trouble that way! :whiteflag:

Suzie

I agree with you, Suzie! It's been my experience on Fan Board X that such "Thought-Provoking" discussions usually very quickly disintegrate into acrimony and hurt feelings. The only deep-thinking I want to do on GALS is in the gutter. :inshade:

:hide: Sorry, I only come here for :grouphug: and to lust after :gerry: I get all the introspective conversations at home, must admit it is usually when i talk to myself!

hugs,

Anna X

I think it is possible to carry on serious discussions without degenerating into arguments. Religion and politics are already off limits... and I'm not suggesting discussions on social issues at all.

I understand that not all members are interested in more serious topics, but there are some folks here who would be.

Swannie

As this request is being considered, I would like to add something to my comments. I'm not really one for hanging out in the gutter... it's just not my thing. Nor am I a role player or a gamer. I think there are others on this site, who like me, just enjoy a great discussion.

I do appreciate the Mod Squad taking my request into consideration.

Swannie

Swannie, I would participate in such a forum. I love respectful debates and analytical discussions--comes from being married to a philosophy major I guess. :) But, I also can see why some of the GALS would be reluctant and I would understand if the mods don't think it would work here. I've only been here a couple of weeks, but I really appreciate the warm and supportive way the GALS/PALS interact with each other.

As this request is being considered, I would like to add something to my comments. I'm not really one for hanging out in the gutter... it's just not my thing. Nor am I a role player or a gamer. I think there are others on this site, who like me, just enjoy a great discussion.

I do appreciate the Mod Squad taking my request into consideration.

Swannie

I think it's a great idea! I love deep thought provoking discussions and I would love to read them, and if I felt I could add something, then I'd definitely participate.

I'm a member of several actor fan forums and it is more common that lighter subjects, drooling over the actor etc etc are the more popular ones, but still I personally would love a place where more serious stuff can be discussed.

Swansong has withdraw her request for a new Sub-Forum, and after consideration of the request the Admins and Mod Squad felt that there were other areas of the Forum that could be utilized.

I have suggested that this type of thread could be started in:

Much Ado About Nothing...Talk about whatever you want to talk about.

and/or

Special Interest Groups

Kindest regards to all!

~Barb