Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Guest greyeyegoddess

Transcript of Nim's Island phone call 3/15/08

Guest greyeyegoddess

Thanks very much to Katie and Holly for transcribing this.

Thanks to the studios and Gerry and all the participating sites.

PDF file here

~alice

:music:

Thank you for transcribing and making the call details so quickly available.

Thanks so much for transcribing.

michelle

Oh thank you for this job !!! You can't imagine how it's better for me to read than to hear English without reading in the same time. Now, I know what Gerry said. And ... I never can hear the file. I don't know how to open the file on the site, and how to download it. So, thank you all this transcribt of the phone call !!!

Gerry is such a charmer! His little giggles and jokes were adorable! (I'd love to visit a site called GB's Strawberry Pie!! LOL!!) Thank you, Katie for making this available so quickly! All the questioners did a good job, but Dayna was a stand out!

I am so glad I've got GALS!

Suzie

Thanks Katie and Holly for this although I didn't need a translation for once.

Well done Dayna.

Suzie I second that, GB Strawberry Pie site.......watch this space, next month there'll be one! :cunning:

Hugs,

Anna X

If some French people who is visiting this site want to have a translation of the conference call in French, I can sent it to him. I passed all my sunday afternoon translating the interview ... 5 hours with Gerry !!! And my husband has iron all the clothes during the same time ! :wave:

Thank you all for transcribing the call and posting it, I listened to it, but having a transcript is great!! Thanks again!

Thanks so much ladies for transcribing I have listened to the audio but sometimes you miss what is going on

Great job

Thank you everyone involved - and Dayna you are always a stand-out! It was so great to hear our G-man be himself even thought he was experiencing "big" time jet lag. It is wonderful to have a transcript of this because sometimes we miss something. It is just wonderful to be a "GAL"!

Hugs, Barbara

Thanks for the "thanks!" Even though it's complete "ear candy," when you're pounding away at the keyboard, full steam ahead and 3 hours later you realize you've only transcribed 5 minutes of Gerry-speak it can be a little overwhelming. Katie took the brunt of this one and did a great job! I just batted clean-up. LOL

It's very rewarding to learn that people are actually reading the "labor of love." We're glad some of you find that the transcripts enhance the audio. :igotgals:

(Good Job on the French translation b-elle! Glad to know that's out there if we need it!)

Anyhoo, thanks for the feedback, y'all!

Spot

Thanks Katie and Holly!Posted Image

It was wonderful to be able to read the transcript. Some of the call was difficult to make out with everybody giggling and talking all at once. Great job! It must have taken hours to sort through it all. It was so cute when Gerry said he was nervous talking to everyone at once and I missed it completely when listening to the call.

Posted ImageGypsy

Thank you Holly and Katie for transcribing this. I really enjoyed it. I don't know if there is anyone else like this but for me when I'm listening I tend to get distracted by the people around me sometimes. I end up missing pieces. So reading it helps me take everything in.

Thank you both again.

Thank You Katie and Holly for the transcript. I know it is not easy doing this but please be aware that many people do miss some of what is said in the audio and this transcript clears up what was missed. The audio and transcript work well together. It is also great for those who can't download the audio. Thanks again ladies!

Kathy

Thank You !!! - Holly & Katie !! -- for Translating this conference call !! and Thank You

Greyeyes -- for posting this !!!

What a great read !! -- Gerry is always just a pleasure to listen to !! Bless his heart ! --

even after 31 hours of being jetlagged from long flight from India -- he is still

so warm, funny, thoughtful, and accomodating & again all the spokeswomen --- did

a wonderful job !!! --- especially Ms. Dayna --well done Lady !!!

Thanks & Hugs !

Tee :wuv:

Gerry is a very cool actor to do these question & answer phone calls. It must be more than a little confusing! He is always so gracious & so much fun. He is truly an actor to admire!

Thanks for the "thanks!" Even though it's complete "ear candy," when you're pounding away at the keyboard, full steam ahead and 3 hours later you realize you've only transcribed 5 minutes of Gerry-speak it can be a little overwhelming. Katie took the brunt of this one and did a great job! I just batted clean-up. LOL

It's very rewarding to learn that people are actually reading the "labor of love." We're glad some of you find that the transcripts enhance the audio. :igotgals:

(Good Job on the French translation b-elle! Glad to know that's out there if we need it!)

Anyhoo, thanks for the feedback, y'all!

Spot

I would just like to say AMEN to Holly's comments! Even listening to Gerry (I could have sworn once that maybe I heard Lolita panting into the phone?!) and his melodic Scottish burr can become overwhelming when trying to type out every single word from everyone as accurately as possible! It really does take hours, and then some to go back over and proof it and fine tune everything, such as the correct spelling of Gerry's ex-agent's name, and the Australian references! (Aussie gals, I hope we got 'em right!)

And to repeat Holly: It's very rewarding to learn that people are actually reading the "labor of love." We're glad some of you find that the transcripts enhance the audio.

Hugs,

Katie

Well, I’d like to thank Katie and Holly for always being so willing (maybe TOO willing…*snickers*) to transcribe the phone calls.

They are always very professional and I know they are “court ready.”

I just received a lovely thank you from a MySpace GAL who is deaf. She is so grateful for the transcripts so that she too, can enjoy the conversations.

Thanks again my lovely Transcriber GALS! :thankyou:

:hugs:

Dayna

Thank you very much Katie and Holly!!! :ty:

It's really GREAT to have a hard copy!

I too miss out on a lot of what is being said and this way I can take my time and

really get a hold of the conversation!

(((BIG HUGS)))

zany xo

Katie and Holly, I want to say a special thanks for the time and effort you have put into transcribing this and previous conference calls. I love to listen, then read to catch any tidbits I missed, then listen again for those tidbits!

I'm especially greatful for this transcription because I seriously want to copy and paste the part about Jamie Fraser into an email to Diana Gabaldon's site. Though she has insisted that Gerard Butler is not Jamie Fraser, I think she would appreciate knowing how many of Gerry's and Jamie's fans beg to differ with her!

Thanks again, ladies!

I'm especially greatful for this transcription because I seriously want to copy and paste the part about Jamie Fraser into an email to Diana Gabaldon's site. Though she has insisted that Gerard Butler is not Jamie Fraser, I think she would appreciate knowing how many of Gerry's and Jamie's fans beg to differ with her!

Thanks again, ladies!

That's a GREAT idea Libby!!! :claphands:

Thank you all so much for the work with transcribing the call and for posting both the voice and the transcript!!!!!!!!! It is much better to have it both together. I could listen to him for ages!!!!!!! And he seems to be so relaxed here!!!!!!!!!!!! :pointy:

Thank you very much, Katie and Holly for the great effort you made!!!! :thewoman: ¡GRACIAS!

Hugs!

Bel

Sign in to follow this