Gerard Butler GALS

Even though it isn't...

a drawing or anything of our love GERARD, it is still artwork none the less!

I turned 18 on the ides of march (march 15th) so the saturday that just passed. Now i went to get my very first tattoo, okay?

so this is a picture of it, and i designed it myself!!!

Posted Image

Edited by SingerGirl1369

Hey awesome! I want to get a tattoo one day, but haven't thought of a design or location :lol:

Where is this one?

it's on my right shoulder... well not exactly ON it, but pretty much right on it... so yeah... since im too young to go to the convention, i'm going to save up my money then and get my other tattoos. my next one will be on my left hand... i will get GB initialed near my thumb, then stars by it... i drew it on my hand a while ago... it looks pretty sweet! this way i have something on me that is for Gerry!

Love the tattoo - I'm a big fan of them myself - but I didn't get my first one until after my 50th birthday! One of the younger gals in my office has several and she always shows them to me first. She's an artist and has designed some of them herself.

Mine has meaning to me that goes back to when I was a kid, but it also has a Gerry connection - it's a seahorse on my left calf and underneath it says "We're all connected". I don't really like the way the words turned out - I had them done 4 months after the seahorse - and I think the artist was in a hurry and so they are kind of "muddy" and not as crisp as I would like. I also have a Celtic "S" on my arm that I got 2 years ago in Vegas (4 of us went and got tattoos the morning after the convention) - but tats in Vegas are REALLY expensive! I really want to get at least one more.

It took me about 4 years from when I decided I wanted one to when I figured out what I wanted and where I wanted it! I did learn that you don't really have to design the whole thing. Had I been better versed in the process I might have gone to a good tattoo artist with just my idea and then let him or her do the actual design (I'm no artist!) Instead I found an image I liked on the internet, and another that had the colors I wanted and took those to the artist. He just made a stencil from the picture outline and then used the other to fill in the color. I still love it, but I might have gotten something even better and more unique had I given the artist a little more freedom in the design process.

For those who have artistic talent it's great if you can do your own design, that's just not something that is a talent of mine.

It took me about 4 years from when I decided I wanted one to when I figured out what I wanted and where I wanted it! I did learn that you don't really have to design the whole thing. Had I been better versed in the process I might have gone to a good tattoo artist with just my idea and then let him or her do the actual design (I'm no artist!) Instead I found an image I liked on the internet, and another that had the colors I wanted and took those to the artist. He just made a stencil from the picture outline and then used the other to fill in the color. I still love it, but I might have gotten something even better and more unique had I given the artist a little more freedom in the design process.

For those who have artistic talent it's great if you can do your own design, that's just not something that is a talent of mine.

everybody has talent in art. even though it might look awful or if it is just a stick figure, it's still art because to you, it means something. My brother drew a little stick figure of what he wanted his tattoo to look like and discribed it to the tatto artist and he drew it out just by having it being explained to him. all you really need to be is detailed, if you are, then your tattoo will look awesome...

Good point - as long as you have a vision of what you want and you can describe it to the tattoo artist you can usually get an awesome piece. I just meant that I don't have the talent to draw out the vision myself, and I might have gotten a more unique tattoo had I just described my vision to the artist and let him turn it into body art.

Good point - as long as you have a vision of what you want and you can describe it to the tattoo artist you can usually get an awesome piece. I just meant that I don't have the talent to draw out the vision myself, and I might have gotten a more unique tattoo had I just described my vision to the artist and let him turn it into body art.

did you know that they can cover up your tattoo with another tattoo? i read about it when i was getting my tattoo done... not sure if other places do it, but i know our tattoo place does... so maybe ask about it and have them fix yours to the way you want it!

• 4 weeks later...
Oh, I would never change mine, I adore it, it's just that it isn't particularly artistic because it was done from a simple drawing I got off the internet. I'm working on a vision for one I really want done now and hope to get an artist who can make it as beautiful as I think it can be. It will be a tribute to my mom, though I might never show it to her!

I have two tattoos. I have a phoenix on my back with my sons' names written in Elvish over her wings. That has extreme important meaning to me. Then I have a "tramp stamp" that says Shayna in Hebrew. I wish I hadn't gotten that one.

I just want to say one thing, Singergirl. Before you have GB put on your body forever, I would think about it. When I was 18, I was in love with John Taylor of Duran Duran. Now, I'm in no way saying you won't still love Gerry in 20+ years, but I am saying that before you put ANY PERSON'S name or initials, you should make sure you remember that it's FOR-E-VER!

I didn't get my first tattoo (the Shayna one) until I was 35, and the Phoenix almost two years later. They are very, very addicting, and I can't wait to get another one. Instead of getting something that represents Gerry directly, I'm going to get an anklet of celtic knots around my ankle. This way it'll be beautiful, and I'll know that deep down it represents Gerry. But, if GOD FORBID, something happens and I fall out of love with him (never gonna happen), I won't hate it.

Just advice, sweetie. Not judgment at all.

By the way, I LOVE the one you showed us!

HUGS!

Lisa

If I weren't a total coward, I would have a celtic knot tattooed on the inside of my right leg over my ankle. I have a scar there from a mole removal that it would cover. But then again, I really fear needles and pain. That's very funny because I'm a nurse and I give shots every day. As the Good Book says, "It is more blessed to give than to receive." :lol:

a drawing or anything of our love GERARD, it is still artwork none the less!

I turned 18 on the ides of march (march 15th) so the saturday that just passed. Now i went to get my very first tattoo, okay?

so this is a picture of it, and i designed it myself!!!

Posted Image

brave brave brave! I'm 50 and too chicken to get one