Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry in Mrs. Brown

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gerry discussed "shrinkage" in the B&G extras as well. As for his teeth, I know he had work done but I'm just glad he didn't let any dentist make them "Tom Cruise" perfect. But I even liked them when they were kind of "wonky". The only thing I didn't like in Mrs. Brown was that weird blonde hair on him - give me his dark curls or his salt and pepper, but not the blond.

If I recall Gerry talking about that movie & that beach scene in particular, he almost got pneumonia! He was basically blue so maybe he is bigger than the scene shows! Tee-hee. Remember the Seinfeld episode on shrinkage! Ha-Ha!

"I was in the pool!!!"

You know, when people started talking about that scene, that bit from Seinfeld popped into my mind as well! Especially when he talked about just how bloody cold the water was.

Mrs. Brown was just the first of his frolicks in too-cold water - followed by Dracula 2000, B&G and now Nim's Island. I'm sure there are usually plenty of volunteers to warm things up again when the filming stopped!

I believe that he also suffered hypothermia for that dip in the water for us...poor guy, suffering for his art.

DK....I WANT A COPY OF THAT GIF PLEASE!!!!!

Oh, I love my big screen TV!!!

:drool1: I'm thinking.........Gerry running into the sea..............on a big TV screen! :yummy::gutter::yeehaw::bouncydrool:

hugs

Anna X

Correct me if I'm wrong but I think he actually got hypothermia and pneumonia from when he saved that child from drowning. that was during the same time frame wasn't it?

Dawn, the beach scene in Mrs. Brown was filmed in November. Gerry and Billy C. had already been standing on the cliff for hours getting doused with cold water while they filmed the scene where he and "John" are dressing. THEN they shot the scene of them running into the water. The accumulated exposure to cold water and cold wind gave Gerry hypothermia. At the time he saved the little boy, Gerry and his mum were actually on a picnic by the river, and it was during the spring or summer. I don't think that dunking made him sick.

Suzie

If I recall Gerry talking about that movie & that beach scene in particular, he almost got pneumonia! He was basically blue so maybe he is bigger than the scene shows! Tee-hee. Remember the Seinfeld episode on shrinkage! Ha-Ha!

:behave: You are soooo bad!! :lmao:

What that man sacrifices to give it all he's got and then some!!

By the way, We need to start a list of volunteers to dry Gerry off in his next water film!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

VOLUNTEERS

1. HOTLIPS70-AUGUSTA,GA

What that man sacrifices to give it all he's got and then some!!

By the way, We need to start a list of volunteers to dry Gerry off in his next water film!!

HAHAHAHAHA!!!

VOLUNTEERS

1. HOTLIPS70-AUGUSTA,GA

2. IListen - NW PA

VOLUNTEERS

1. HOTLIPS70-AUGUSTA,GA

2. IListen - NW PA

3. Susan~Sporran - Southern California but willing to travel to the far corners of the earth to make sure Gerry is never kept cold and wet again (warm and wet is OK though :drool1: )!!

VOLUNTEERS

1. HOTLIPS70-AUGUSTA,GA

2. IListen - NW PA

3. Susan~Sporran - Southern California but willing to travel to the far corners of the earth to make sure Gerry is never kept cold and wet again (warm and wet is OK though :drool1: )!!

4. Eliza1013 - Hinesville, GA

Thanks Suzie. I thought everytime I heard about saving the child it was followed by a story of him getting sick. Which you know with the media I may have heard it that way :lol:

And may I add yes his hair was a bit, um, off in this film. I wouldn't call it blond though, just some red highlights. (side note: I didn't like the blond he had for that one play with Rachel Weisz though)

Anyway, the scene on the cliff after the skinny dip and he flips his hair :thud: Like his hair in this flick or not, but I just love that scene.

2. IListen - NW PA

Right now, in NW PA, it is miserable, wet and cold (actually, now that I think about it, a lot like Scotland; not the miserable part, the cold and wet part!). We are experts at getting and staying warm. :blush: Rumpled Gerry is very welcome here, and I would travel anywhere, to get him HERE so I could warm him up :mouthmaul: ! HEE HEE

:sword: Guess I will have to fight you for him!! I don't always share.

VOLUNTEERS

1. HOTLIPS70-AUGUSTA,GA

2. IListen - NW PA

5. SingerGirl1369 - Chicago, Illinois

hey now... i should be number 1 for starting this topic... if i never did then there would be no volunteers LOLOLOL!

oh another quick question... the movie "Shattered" with the G man, and Pierce Brosnon, did they actually film that in Illinois??? cause the license plate said Illinois... i don't miss details!!!!

Edited by SingerGirl1369

Filmed in Chicago for sure and also in Canada, Vancouver perhaps?

Definitely Vancouver. The interviews during the extras were done in the plaza of the hotel I stayed at when my family spent the night before boarding for a cruise to Alaska. I recognize the fountain and the sign for the underground shops.

VOLUNTEERS

1. HOTLIPS70-AUGUSTA,GA

2. IListen - NW PA

5. SingerGirl1369 - Chicago,IL

6. Knight Phantom - Phoenix, AZ