Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 44th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 25 floors to go to reach 69 again!

Spring has sprung, love is in the air, we're only a couple of weeks away from another fantastic Gerry movie opening. We often talk about that sexy strut of Gerry's, the way he moves those long legs in such a masculine way. Whether he is a Phantom moving about his lair, a Stranger walking through a shipyard, an Irishman hiking down a road, or just Gerry out and about, he has a spring in his step that is ALL MAN, and we love it! So talk about spring, talk about love, talk about that manly strut, this is the place for it all![

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I didnt know if I was in the right place. its been so long since I have been on here. Hi Susan, Fran, Jobella, Anna dear how are you? Sue, have fun. !!!! Joanna boy your post almost had to make it to over 18 I was sweating. Swannie how are you sweetie been a long time since I talked to you.

mousie, Peg its good to see ya.ll . I hope everyone is well. its turned warm here and all the flowers and trees and bushes are blooming. We are still having some rain our yard is soaked.

I don't come on too often because I am having such trouble with my neck. I don't go to the bone dr until 2 weeks I think. It was last week and they called and changed it. too bad I needed to go. they have not let me know about my mri yet I guess its ok because they took so long getting me to the dr and then to the mri and then the followup appt. that I would be dead by now if it was bad. I tell you. They don't care.

I am having a bad time sleeping and I don't get any sleep so I have to talk to my family dr about that. Another pill just give her another pill. boy I am a walking drug store. sorry to sound so negative tonight I can ramble on sometimes. I am thankful for all my blessings but the drs. just pop pills to you all the time now. seems the older I get the more they don't care. Well, I am going to rest now and play games maybe its been awhile too. love ya'll lots Betts Raina Snow

Wow I'm almost first in the new thread. :pointy: I'm sitting here in bed w/my hubby and my little son sipping hot chocolate watching "Wizard of Oz". What a way to spend a Friday night. We have about 13 inches of snow outside right now so I'm not going anywhere and fine w/it.

Betts - Big {{{{HUGS}}}} to you. I do hope you feel better.

Okay guys, I just dropped in to say Happy Friday night. I shall return.

Cassie

Just want to wish all my Gal pals Posted Image

Betts, it is so good to see you posting.I think about you and Anna and worry about you Gals all the time.Don't know if you remember but you were the first person to welcome me to Angel's when I joined.Beowulf's Angel remember?Boy I haven't been over there in ages.I'm so sorry you're not feeling well.Hope the doc. finds the answer soon.I'll keep you and your Hubby in my prayers.

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well...

Posted Image Peggy

Betts sorry to hear your feeling poorly Sweetie...These Docs today don't give one iota about us "more mature" folks.. :( How long has it been since your MRI? The reason I ask is because when I had to have my brain MRI done I never heard from them for weeks and I was pretty upset ....Finally I called them and they said very casually ...Oh it was negative! If there wasn't anything wrong we wouldn't have called you anyway! So what they said was the only way they'll call is if they found something?? Makes no sense to me why they would let a person sit and stew and wonder if their going to be all right or what!! GGGRRRRRRRRRRR makes me so mad! :tantrum: Hope you sleep better Hon...what did they give you? I just buy Tylenol PM and that helps me a lot!

Hey Cassie...saw it on the weather report ...you guys are getting a whole lot a snow huh? Boy I sure don't miss it ...although I miss NY ..I don't miss the weather! Oh well sounds like you guys are having a nice family night all cuddle up with Hot Chocolate and The Wizard of Oz... :)

Gotta go and find a Gerry movie to watch tonight. Feeling lonesome and need some Gerry juice.

Nighty night and SGD all!

{{{HUGS}}} Fran

Edited by ladyfran

Just want you all to know I just watched this incredible edible hunk of man wrap his legs and arms around Christine and take her down to what I'd call "heaven" ....yeah I'm watching POTO.... Now would you deny him the joys of the flesh ?? HELL NO! Not me...Move your arse over Chris...I'll show you how to handle this! :yummy: Gotta go and order Sadies last book to the Phantom series.... Besides I'm missing the kiss!

Fran

Edited by ladyfran

At least you two are having more fun than I am...I just sitting here, cleaning out my purse... :whoopdedoo:

Issy

I hope you all had a nice Friday.

Yeah, Issy, my purse gets cleaned out on a regular basis!

I know you are waiting for the sun but I'm waiting for the cool. Its soooooo humid and I'm over it. Can't wait to bring out my black over coat. I love it. Its like Mr Dracula's coat in Drac 2000. Sometimes pretend I'm Neo out of Matrix! Silly I know.

I'm just going to pop off and see what hot stuff Joanna was saying in the last thread that got Betts going.

Posted ImageSitting watching soft flurries of Snow flutter by my window............drinking coffee and eating Hot Cross Buns!

The snow is too wet to stay on the ground but it sure looks pretty.

:comfort: For Betty Ann and all who are ill, will pray for peace and comfort.

Now where is my handbag, (purse is the receptical I keep loose change in) needs clearing out too!

Hugs,

Anna X Posted Image

Good morning ladies! I had a great Friday cause I did NOTHING. I laid in bed all day, slept and watched the best movie I've seen in a long time, Into The Wild. What an incredible story. I feel like I have a new outlook on life just because of watching it. If you haven't you must do so immediately!

I hope everyone has a great Easter, spending time with family and remembering what the true celebration is. Although it commemorates a tragedy, there is glory and joy to be found in what God did for everyone (although I, myself, don't celebrate it). My son attends a church and on Sunday we're going to a big potluck Easter lunch at a ranch house. Should be very nice; I know everyone there - it's the church I used to attend, too.

I've been loving all the Gerry Juice the past week! And I have more to slurp up this next weekend, too! What will I do when it's all gone? ACK.

I'm going back to bed. It's too early to be up yet . . .

Lisa

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

Ho Susan I sait exactly that yesterday to a school colleague, and watch her my cellular with 30 Gerry's pictures and 1 of my hubby .... "They are not exactly the same, aren't they ? And one gives more fantasy as the other ..." She laught during 15 minutes, but ... by chance, my hubby wasn't present !

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

They are fed up with my obsession in my family too ...

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

Exactly what I said to my daughter last week ...

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

My husband had to buy a new hard drive to accomodate all my pics and videos of Gerry ... and he groaned a lot !!!

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there...

It was not at Wal-Mart, but in a video clearance sale ... and for 7€, an affair !

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

... and when I go to sleep I close the computer telling "Have a good night Gerry !" at the picture !!! Absolutely right ... hélas (alas) !

Susan, you can add, for me :

20. I never passed a so long time reading, writing and thinking in English, even when I was a Russell Crowe' addict woman (I'm still attach to him, but not so hardly than to Gerry) !!! I even dream in English, and a lot of my dreams are about Gerry and Scottland !

21. My hubby cleans the appartment and irons the clothes because I'm reading all the messages on the forum and don't have time to do something for the house ....

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

My name is B-elle, and I have GALS ! :blush:

Raina, I don't know you, but welcome again in your GALS family ... I hope you will doing well and doctors will find a way to alleviate your pains ! All my easter thoughs with you !

For all the GALS, have happies Easter feasts ! Phoenix Girl, I will attend at the Easter Night at my church tonight, and I will pray for you, for all of you, and for Gerry too who helps some of us in our every day lifes !

:eek:

Wow, this place looks like a

ghost town.

Where is everyone?

B-elle: Everyone one of those

symptoms of GALS you talked

about I have too.

And proud to be a GAS I am.

Anna: I so wish I could be there

with you eating hot cross buns.

Gee that reminds me of someone

who actually has hot buns.... :whome2:

Lisa: Sometimes you just gotta chill and

do nothin'. It feels so grand doesnt it?

Issy: I tend to let my purse get really

bad before I clean it. Then I swear

never to let it get to that state again.

Yeh, right.... LOL

Raina: Sorry to hear you are having so

many health problems. Its seems Drs.

do like to support the drug companies

by pushing the pills. I swear they get

kickbacks for doing it.

Swannie: Hope your hubbie is feeling

better.

A couple of my grandkids spent the night

last night. I am taking my oldest (13) to

get a hair cut. I dont know how he can

even see with his eyes completely covered.

Fran: Just bought the first book in that series.

Havent started it yet. I just love stories of

the Phantom.

Dont ever get "Unmasqued" Its horrible, I

couldnt get past the first four chapters.

Well I didnt intend to write a book.

I pray all who are not well will feel better

soon.

May you all have a blessed Easter.

He is Risen!!! Praise God!

Love to you all

Debbie

Edited by Trekkiegoober

Good afternoon, GALS and PALS! :wave:

A new thread! I feel out of the loop because I haven't been able to post much this week. We had heating contractors working here and it was so disruptive we had to retreat to the library to get homeschool done. It just really ruined our normal household routine, but I'm so glad we did it. Now we won't waste so much propane.

But, I have been thinking of you all. Hope those who were sick are getting better! And that the new jobs are working out for DonnaKat and Muse.

Joanna, I know you like to see your name so here is a big hug for you: :hug: The last couple of nights have been better sleeping for me. Tylenol PM has benadryl in it, doesn't it, Fran? I take one benadryl and one melatonin and that works most nights.

Anna, I call my handbag a pocketbook. My mother always called it that and it stuck. And I hate cleaning it out, Issy! I always end up throwing away some receipt that I need later on! :tantrum:

Hmm...hot cross buns! I just made some granola. That's as exciting as it gets around here. My husband is kind of a healthy food nut. He's right though...neither of us need the extra calories from treats and desserts.

Hi Debbie! Glad to know there is another person beside me who didn't like The Departed. :flee:

Hi b-elle! I'm stuck on Gerry, too! Only 13 days till Nim's Island opening day here! :yay:

Enjoy your relaxing weekend, Lisa! It doesn't seem right that there is still snow on the ground during Easter weekend. Sorry to hear you had more snowfall, Cassie! For once the storm missed Wisconsin.

Big hugs to you all, especially those I forgot to mention. :hugskisses:

Andrea

Edited by annieday

Howdy from another gorgeous South Texas spring day. It's in the 80s with a gentle breeze. I may wax poetic now, but just wait a few weeks when the temps are pushing 100 and it is so humid, the air feels like a wet mop! I'm gonna be looking to move in with one of you in the north country!

Susan, I also thought of some additional symptoms of "GALS".

"You realize your shoulder pain is being caused by the weight of your drool book, Gerry keyring, small yellow towel (for cleaning glasses, of course) and Gerry photos shoved in your handbag - just in case you meet someone and you need to bring them over to the GALSside!"

"Your mandoll has a more extensive....and expensive....wardrobe than you do!"

Off to run a few errands for tomorrow. Later, all!

Hugs,

Suzie

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hey all!

Last night must have been a POTO night. We had a double feature in chat and the second movie was POTO.

Cassie...SNOW??!! Wow, hurry next weekend so you can get out of it soon. It's nice, springy weather in CA. Probably even hot down in L.A. right now. According to my laptop, it's 53 outside. Looks hotter.

Anyways, popping by to say hi, as I have to run errands before next week.

~alice

:music:

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k237/pil..._FB2FD88CB3.jpg :drool1:

Mmmm! Now I'm thinking of Erik and warm cross buns! Not a bad combination for a Saturday.

Now I'm thinking of Hot Scot Buns! :wuv: Losh mu mind has gone to the sewers! Visions of Gerry's................... :coldshower:

Hi there Joanna! :wave:

Edited by greyeyegoddess
please change quoted pictures to links, thanks!

Good Easter Saturday all - I'm at work for a couple of hours. Got a long-overdue pedicure today so I can wear my strappy sandals to the CUT VIP party next weekend. Going to see Phantom of the Opera on stage next Friday so it's going to be quite a weekend (POTO, CUT and Nim's premiere) and then 2 ridiculously busy days back at work before I leave on vacation for Washington,D.C.!! At this point I can't even begin to get excited about vacation because I have to be sure everything that needs to be done between now and then is done. GAAHH!!

I recently started reading the first of Karen Marie Moning's "Highlander" series of books upon the recommendation of several friends who have loved them. Dang, is it hot!! What is funny is just how much I picture her hero as Gerry (despite his dark eyes rather than blue-green eyes). Practically every other description of him fits Gerry though the book was written in 1999 and I'd have to bet he isn't who Karen had in mind as she was writing it back then!

I hope everyone has a wonderful Easter weekend, and spring break if you are lucky enough to have one of those. Lisa, I never think of Easter as commemorating a tragedy. Good Friday (a misnomer if ever there was one-apparently only called that in the English language and the reasoning for it is not clear) was the tragedy, whereas Easter celebrates the resurrection which would be joyful. For those who don't celebrate Easter, have a wonderful Sunday tomorrow.

Susan, I guess that's true. :)

I have all week off and I have no idea what to do! :lol: Well, actually, Tuesday I'm taking my son around to find a new job. I wish I could do the pedicure thing. That would be so nice and relaxing. Sadly, not gonna happen. But I AM getting excited for CUT - now if my son would stop bringing home Creme Eggs!!!!

I just watched August Rush. WOW. Awesome movie, and I love JRM. He does his own singing in this, which he did in Elvis and Velvet Goldmine, too. What a spectacular movie.

But the BEST movie I've seen in years was Into the Wild. I feel like my life has been changed because of this movie. What a beautiful, grand movie. Incredible journey of a man searching for peace. I can't say enough about it . . .

I really wish Gerry would get scripts for movies like those. Not that Gerry's movies haven't been wonderful. Dear Frankie will always hold a special place in my heart, but it was little known. I truly hope that with the new production company Gerry will be able to be in, produce, direct whatever movies of the caliber like August Rush and Into the Wild - movies that touch the soul and speak to your heart. Gerry deserves that, and we do too.

Back to the couch - ahhh, the life of a middle school teacher . . . is HELL and I DESERVE THE BREAK!!! :lmao:

Lisa

Lisa, you definitely deserve the break. Middle school--you must have the patience of a saint!

I have almost finished reading "How To Train Your Dragon." It's a riot and, guess what, Stoick the Vast yells ALOT. (But then again so do all the Vikings in the story.) Wonder why they asked Gerry to do the part? :hmm:

Edited by annieday

I believe they call it Good Friday because of what it accomplished for all of mankind ....Posted Image but you are right Susan, tomorrow is a day to be celebrated!

Posted Image

Hello my friends! Well, my B2 has gone home...his visit was way to short Posted Image and I"m missing him already! He is developing such a personality...lol...never stops talking in his own language of course...lol...today we took him to the park and to the carnival where he rode the merry go round twice..once with daddy and once with grandma!

Betts sweetie, I hope you feel better.

Oh Cassie, snow?? eeks...it was actually too warm to be out in the sun today...we had to buy suntan lotion at the mall for B2.

I agree Lisa...all teachers deserve any break they get! Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image Have a wonderful time tomorrow sweetie!

Suzie, thank you for my pressie....now that I'm not chasing after an almost 11 month old I can sit down and enjoy it! :pant::yummy:

Peggy, I knew you would be here and leave us a beautiful gif! Thank you my dear...special hugs to you!

I wish all of you a wonderful Resurrection Sunday for those that believe and a beautiful Sunday for those that do not....I love you all.

hugs,

Sue

Hi everyone! I hope you're all having a good weekend. Our flight home from California and connection in Dallas went just fine on Thursday, but I'm still not flying through Dallas DFW airport ever again! Yesterday was hubby Good Sport's birthday and we went out to dinner at one of his favorite restaurants. We had our income tax done today, and unfortunately we have to pay! No refund for us this year. :tissues: , so Good Sport isn't in a very good mood this evening.

Susan-I've been reading those Highlander books too. In fact, I just started a new one. I know what you mean about seeing Gerry in them. I hear his voice in the highlander's dialog when I'm reading them too.

Thanks to everyone for your nice concerns for me, Fran its been 2 months since my mri or more. I give up. you would think they would call you or send a letter no. just wait until I see you again to tellyou yea or nay. I guess its ok I hope. anyway, can't depend on drs. anymore. B elle good to meet you hope to learn more of you. it was so nice Cassie of you to watch the Wizard of oZ with your family I don't think I could take another viewing of it I have had to watch it so much; Ahhhhh Sue I am sorry B2 is gone. isn't he coming back again for a few days? I know what its like to miss them. big time. I hope everyone stays well, so many things in this world are going down the tubes, so to speak that all I want to do is hear some good news for a change. Have a good night ya'll lu lu Betts