Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Stef with an F

Gerry at Villa 3/20

i think it was said before.....there are certain places in LA that celebs, actors know that the paps will be at...... its just a fact in the business. and celebs and actors do need to be "seen" sometimes....not that they want the idiot paps that get in the way of their cars but they do need to be seen, in certain aspects......if they choosse not to be, they know where to go for privacy, there are plenty of clubs and reestaraunts that allow them privacy, infact these clubs and restaraunts guarantee a certain amount of privacy.

one restaraunt that celebs go to to be seen is mr chow...... they know that if they go there they will get press... its a given.......the villa is a club that all celebs know that if they go there they will get press..... simply a fact...how much press depends on the celeb, and the personality they give out.....

we need to remember that the entertainment biz is just that, a business..... and members need to be seen, or they are soon forgotten....some of the most prominent celebs are ones that have the most attitude....

LA is a big town with tons of clubs and restaraunts, plenty of places to go if privacy is wanted........im sure im going to catch a lot of heat for my posts here, and i respect others opinions..... this just happens to be mine

Nance - I have to agree with you on pretty much all counts. As I was reading through the responses I kept thinking "pishaw to all the political correctness" that is expected of both public and private people nowadays. I really don't care what Gerry said. I don't care if he said gays, guys, grays, girls, geese, or anything else. There are people in his circle of friends and associates of all sorts, so whatever he said I'm sure it wasn't a personal affront meant to people of any particular orientation.

Each person is entitled to his or her own opinions, and values. You can say that you don't like something you think Gerry said or did, that's your right, but it isn't fair to expect him to change who he is to conform to your values and beliefs. One thing I've learned in my lifetime is the fastest way to making myself unhappy is to think that other people should conform to my way of thinking. The only thing I can change is me, not other people, places or things. If I don't like something I can alter my own opinion about it, or I can choose to walk away from it, but what I can't do is expect it to change because that will make me happier. It is absolutely amazing how much happier I have been in the years since I not only realized it but accepted it as a fact of my life. So, I'm that way about Gerry, I accept him as he is, with his own sense of values and behaviors even if they aren't the same as my own, even if sometimes he does something that might get him into some trouble. If someday he does or says something I find I can not accept then I know that I am free to walk away, that is within my power. Trying to get him to change on my behalf would only create great frustration for me, and it wouldn't cause him to change a single thing.

As for razzi at Villa - my opinion has been stated. Going there expecting them not to be there would be like going to the beach and expecting there not to be sand!

I'm with you, Susan. I've had to take that same attitude with every member of my family and my friends. We do not have to love or even like the behavior of our loved ones and acquaintances, but they are who they are... whether we like it or not.

This has really helped me in dealing with my mother, who is a very challenging person to around. My others sisters get angry with her, but I've come to the point where I will not allow myself to do that. The woman is almost 80 years old, and she will never change... so I just gotta accept her as she is.

Gerry is not a family member or even a friend of mine, but he IS someone I care a great deal about, so I apply that same philosophy to him. In the long run, it helps me enjoy all his wonderful qualities, and not to fret over those things that make me roll my eyes.

Swannie

Nance - I have to agree with you on pretty much all counts. As I was reading through the responses I kept thinking "pishaw to all the political correctness" that is expected of both public and private people nowadays. I really don't care what Gerry said. I don't care if he said gays, guys, grays, girls, geese, or anything else. There are people in his circle of friends and associates of all sorts, so whatever he said I'm sure it wasn't a personal affront meant to people of any particular orientation.

Each person is entitled to his or her own opinions, and values. You can say that you don't like something you think Gerry said or did, that's your right, but it isn't fair to expect him to change who he is to conform to your values and beliefs. One thing I've learned in my lifetime is the fastest way to making myself unhappy is to think that other people should conform to my way of thinking. The only thing I can change is me, not other people, places or things. If I don't like something I can alter my own opinion about it, or I can choose to walk away from it, but what I can't do is expect it to change because that will make me happier. It is absolutely amazing how much happier I have been in the years since I not only realized it but accepted it as a fact of my life. So, I'm that way about Gerry, I accept him as he is, with his own sense of values and behaviors even if they aren't the same as my own, even if sometimes he does something that might get him into some trouble. If someday he does or says something I find I can not accept then I know that I am free to walk away, that is within my power. Trying to get him to change on my behalf would only create great frustration for me, and it wouldn't cause him to change a single thing.

As for razzi at Villa - my opinion has been stated. Going there expecting them not to be there would be like going to the beach and expecting there not to be sand!

Amen sista! You said everything I was thinking Susan.

Well I don't know what he said and pairsonally don't care! He tends to open mouth and insert "big" foot lot's a times.. Just another one of those DAMN human problems we humans have now and then. Guess this does answer our biggest question though...............................................................Guess he isn't an alien after all cause we found out he's just like us! .....HUMAN!

:wave: Fran

well, i dont feel so guilty now for my posts..... i have absolutely no problem with others lifestyles.....frankly i could give a rip....its simply not my business !!!! a far as im concerned the only public figures that we should hold accountable for their words are our elected oficials...and even at that i have the God given right to vote someone else in office, or make my views heard through my votes !!!!!

whats funny is that sometimes the word "gay" has nothing to do with a persons sexual preference or their belief system....sometimes it just might mean something silly......it used to mean happy..... my, how the world has changed.... and not always for the best....

one thing i think is funny about that clip is the fact that anyone should ask or even expect him to pose..... for cripes sake, take his picture and be done..... "smile gerry, you're on candid camera"

susan.....you put a picture in my head that will send me off into a very nice dreamland.......gerry.....on a beach.....in the sand..... g'night... :pant: :pant:

I so completely agree with everything you said! I quite happily enjoy Gerry just as he is! It's a life lesson............even with family members.

:goodjob:

I read somewhere a while back that Gerry was part owner of one of the "IN" clubs in West Hollywood. Can't remember which one, though.

:whome2:

:wave: Nance.....I don't think any of us should feel guilty for our posts. :) Isn't that what these forums are for? Hell if we never had any comments we wouldn't need this place right? This is what it's all about and also I so agree with you on so many aspects. Yup, I remember when the word Gay meant happy! I for one don't discriminate....people are people period! Also as I said before we are all flawed lest someone thinks they are not...If that's the case then they are the exception to the rule! :whoa: Yeah that means you too Gerry! flaws and all we love ya anyway............

:unsure: Fran

you know, when my hubby and i decided to have a child, we talked about things that were important to us, that we wanted to instill in our kid....we both agreed that the one main thing missing in children today was plain, simple manners. respect elders, say please, thank you, all that stuff and to simply treat others as you want to be treated.. she is only 7 and i hear her correct adults all the time... "ma'am, you forgot to say please" or we'll walk away and she'll tell me... "that person wasnt very polite were they?"

and i find myself telling her she shouldnt do that, but she really is right.... she has never been concerned about skin color, ive been quite clear to her that when describing someone, there is no need to even say. their skin color, simply describe their clothes or something of that order.... she knows that her aunt lives and loves another woman... but to me the difference is that ive been the one to teach her about life.....me, mom, and not the education world demanding their views of ridiculous political correctness......

to me, its not something that can, nor should it, be forced down our kids, or us as adults...throats....in fact i dont even believe in the theory of political correctness.... its one persons view point... and has no business outside of the home..... too often parents leave it to the educational system to teach our children basic behavior and to me, thats a shame....

ill step off my soap box now..... and save my lectures for my kid when she comes home telling me about what some kid said ;):bonk:

As he was coming out of the club the guy with the Jackie Stewart racing hat on handed him the keys to his car so I don't think he was with the other guy that was leaving, he was the parking attendant. In my humble opinion he was talking about the 'razzi and joking around, not making any type of disparaging comment.

:hmm:

And he also seemed to be promoting the club, which might be the one he owns.

:hmm: has anyone else noticed the comments about Gerry leaving Villa, and saying that he looks intoxicated? I don't know about you, but those really get my :fook: ing back up!! Every time I see them, I get pessed all over again! :grrr:

Sorry, just had to get that off my chest. :hide: It's been bugging me for days.

Nance and Musicalcat did I get that right, I am so glad ya'll said what you said I have been trying to say it and afraid to but I am tired of everyone trying to figure his life out on every step he takes Leave the man alone. !! someone sees him with a Girl right away oh thats his girlfriend. We don't know that we never will unless he wants us to. Leave him alone. I am glad he is out and about. He has his own life to live some of us are trying to live it for him and I am disgusted with the whole thing. If and when he finds a woman I will be happy for him . He may not want to get married he has so much going for him now he may wait until he is really ready to stop working and settle down. he loves working. just my 2 cents too. Raina snow Betts

That's why I avoid reading comments as much as I possibly can. On sites that allow an "anything goes" atmosphere it is highly likely you will see nasty, rude, terrible comments. Letting them get to you just means they have power, so I just refuse to give them that power. Even if I happen to catch some of them, I won't respond because again that means I'm letting that "person" know that I CARE what they said, and I don't. As I told someone else recently, people like that are as significant as a fleck of dandruff on the head of a Who in Whoville. *brush*brush*

Well said. !!

I just think that people think they will gain attention by writing these things. It really doesn't matter if there's anything to it or not, as far as they are concerned. I pay no attention to them.

I'm just all 'googly' over Gerry and that's all I really care about. Getting my G. Fix.

yes, you do just have to continually ask yourself.... "consider the source" he's just a guy, a damn sexy guy, but livin life...

Just thinking out loud within my own mind set. I think Gerry has a mind that does not shut down. Gerry puts a great amount of physical and mental energy into his waking hours. He has been doing back to back movies, hopping from continent to continent, photo shoots, interviews, print and TV and how about forming a movie production company. I know I can take "down time" on a plane or a train I doubt if Gerry does. So he makes a social engagement to "rest his mind". Noise, chatter, laughter, old stories, adventures, catch up, music,"DISTRACTIONS". Clubbing will do that (blow your mind) for a few hours. A club will blast any kind of sensible thought you might have right out the window, if the club has windows. Can you see Gerry entertaining at home or sitting down to a meal in a staid restaurant? LA is a pretty dismal, mind numbing place but that is where he makes the bread so he doesn't have too much of a choice if he wants to be social now and then. From the video it just looked like to wanted to get in and out of the club as quickly as possible.

Did you hear Gerry say what a say fook he is for going home alone? Ha-Ha! He is a fun man!

Pics in Gallery

Razzi video on YouTube:

bless his heart he can't go anywhere without the papp chasing him! plus he looked lost!