Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
zanyzombie

3/29 - Bob Thompson: Gerard Butler loves his fans, really!

And I might add that it takes a lot of practice to make perfect. If I only knew back then, what I know now... lol... they would be lining up at my door.... :yummy::pant: lol... Yes, I love me... lol

Hugs, M

MD..the nice thing is you have to love yourself before you can truly love..I am with you...I love the person I am now...if we would have all known then what we do now...haha!

Deb - we have a whole "how to" section up at the top in the General Info forum - here's a link to how to post your avatar.

How to post your avatar

From the Crazy, Nut-Job from Oz!

Hi Crazy Nut Job :wave: . I'm also from Oz. Tell me. Is what he says true? Are we referred to as Butlerites? Perhaps someone could start a competition on here to see if we can't come up with a better name? For example, I'm also a very proud Balehead. Baleheads are very proud to be so called. 'Butlerites', well, it dinna soond so goot. Maybe the Brotherhood of the Kilt could help in that regard?

Cheers,

Fling

Believe me, we've been called worse! I think this is the first time I've heard the term Butlerites. There was one reporter some time ago who referred to us as "Gerry's Kids" and a few times we've been called "Butler's Babes."

It would be fun to come up with something a little more clever!

What's wrong with Butlerites? I like Gerry's Kids too, and Butler's Babes. Those are all great. If someone comes up with something more clever I'll love it too, but any name that tells the world we

admire, support and love Gerry is alright with me. Hey you guys, remember Beatlemanics? Noboby seems to mind that to much either. It does tell the world on which side of the man you stand.

Swannie

I agree Swannie, any name that lets people know who we love and admire is good...Butler Babes...Bulterlites...GBers...it all says the same thing..WE LOVE GERRY...right? haha! I love it...I haven't had a crush on someone like this since I saw Sean Connery in 007 and I was only in the 6th grade then...It must be the accents...I love men with nices behinds and accents..and pretty eyes and nice smiles..and...

In Australia we are not quite as PC either and we tend to brush off insensitive remarks and are forgiving of such faux pas, we have that larrikan and ironic way of saying things that gets misinterpreted by people from other countries. To me it's just Gerry being Gerry, I love that aspect about him, it makes him who he is, to me its part of his charm and likeability, what you see is what you get with him. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone says things on the spur of the moment and people really need to learn to be more tolerant. He is not saying things in a nasty way, thats when it becomes offensive.

I totally agree, he's so lovable and kind, and kind of "said it before I thoughtish" at times. But nothing could ever make me care for him less. I find it charming that he says things and then says, "Woops,I hope nobody took offense, sometimes I say things as a joke and soneone misunderstands." I do that too, I sometimes forget that people don't know me personally and doesn't know how to take my sense of humor. I have a strange one, and sometimes I have to apologize when I see the look on a person's face and realize they took it differently than I meant it. Unfortunatelyu Gerry doesn't have the luzury of seeing people's faces in an interview, just the press person interviewing him. We're all just human, no matter what country we come from. Edited by shirsan

In Australia we are not quite as PC either and we tend to brush off insensitive remarks and are forgiving of such faux pas, we have that larrikan and ironic way of saying things that gets misinterpreted by people from other countries. To me it's just Gerry being Gerry, I love that aspect about him, it makes him who he is, to me its part of his charm and likeability, what you see is what you get with him. Everyone makes mistakes, everyone says things on the spur of the moment and people really need to learn to be more tolerant. He is not saying things in a nasty way, thats when it becomes offensive.

Kanga,

We didn't used to PC here. This all started in the last 30 years, especially the last 20.

We used to call a spade a spade.

Now the speech police are everywhere. :tantrum:

Swannie, Sorsha

Thank you both for your posts.

I think we all have to keep in mind that no matter what Gerry says, or how it's written up in whatever publication, there'll always be misinterpretations, mainly because we can't "see" him say those words.

We don't have the option of seeing his body language or hearing the inflection as he imparts his thoughts. We can't see his facial expressions. All those things help to tell the story and provide the bigger picture.

No matter Gerry's true intent, his words may, can and will be misrepresented due to any writer's skill and ability (or lack thereof) to interpret their actual meaning correctly on paper. Also, each one of us puts our own spin on the written word, which doesn't help unless it's really fleshed out by the writer.

In the end, we - the true believers - KNOW our Gerry and where his heart is. We KNOW in our heart of hearts he will always love all of us!

Babs