Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
becozy

4/1 - Gerard Butler Talks Dating Older Women, Apocalypse Now

Guest DonnaKat

Where was that that you got to meet Gerry? And, get that beautiful pic taken with him...

I was at the Nim's Premiere last weekend. :D

Edited by DonnaKat

news

It comes as no surprise to the readers of Film School Rejects and the listeners of Fat Guys at the Movies that Neil Miller’s mom is Gerard Butler’s biggest fan. Recently, we had a chance to chat with Butler about his upcoming film Nim’s Island. In the process, he was kind enough to answer some burning questions from Neil’s Mom.

FSR: How do your fans who have been with you through your whole career differ from your new fans?

GB: The fans that have known me for years are fans of the heart, fans of passion. I always feel that fan base would increase after roles like Atilla or Phantom. And even though Atilla is still a warrior role, there was very much something romantic about him. Whereas in the last year, there’s been a massive jump, and I think that has more to do with the kick-arse nature of 300. I think they probably don’t really care what I have to say in interviews. They really only want to hear me say the line, “This is Sparta!”

FSR: Of all the characters you’ve portrayed on screen, which is the most like Gerry Butler?

GB: I don’t know about nowadays, but while I was playing it, the character I was most in touch with was the Phantom. I was feeling a lot of stuff in my life at that point that had a lot of serendipity with the Phantom and what I was going through. But on a lighter note, the Guy Ritchie movie [RocknRolla], the one I have coming out. My publicist called me after watching that and said “I feel like I just hung out with you for an hour and a half. That is all you. The silliness, the goofiness, the strong part, the vulnerable part. It’s got all you in there.” That’s one people haven’t seen yet, but I think that’s probably most like me nowadays.

FSR: What is your all time favorite movie?

GB: Apocalypse Now. Even films that I love and blow me away, for some reasons, I don’t even watch them again. That’s a weirdness I have. But Apocalypse Now I think I’ve seen about seventeen times. I can just put it on and watch it. It’s visual. It’s stimulating. It makes me think. There are certain things you can’t explain. I love that film.

FSR: What is your idea of a romantic evening?

GB: I, in my limited life experience, have found that so often the best situations come out of nothing rather than having to dress the whole thing up. You’re not really trusting what goes on between two people. Some people might say, “We’d go on a helicopter ride here and stop at a fancy restaurant.” This is why I’m single. There’s a scene in So I Married An Axe Murderer when Mike Myers is out with this girl, and they’re just walking around, and they’re making use of the things they come across – statutes, park benches, and they’re dancing about. To me, I have had the best times when I’m just walking about somewhere, whether it be the streets of Paris or New York. I live in New York now, if I were to go on a date, to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and see things and make fun of things and come across the strange things that you come across that, to be honest, you don’t find when you’re sitting in a restaurant. That would be great for me. But like I say, that’s why I’m still single.

FSR: Are you interested in dating slightly older women?

GB: [big laugh] Yes. I’ve always liked older women. Preferably 40 or 50 years older.

There’s definitely a chance for Neil’s mom. We put in a good word for you, and Gerard Butler sends big kisses your way!

OMG!! He is sooooo perfect!! My heart just melted when he described his ideal date... I love to do that!!! One of my favorite things to do... *NanLynn looking over her shoulder* Is he spying on me????? *snerk* I wish!!

And he likes 40+ year old ladies!!! Excuse me while I die and go to Gerry heaven... *thud*

GB: Apocalypse Now. Even films that I love and blow me away, for some reasons, I don't even watch them again. That's a weirdness I have. But Apocalypse Now I think I've seen about seventeen times. I can just put it on and watch it. It's visual. It's stimulating. It makes me think. There are certain things you can't explain. I love that film.

Interesting. He feels about Apocalypse Now the way I feel about 300, only I've seen 300 (literally) nearly 175 times. (Yes, I do know the dialogue by heart...sigh...) I'm definitely a lost cause... :bow:

first of all hi all:) when i first read this conversation i thought its funny ,espicially the part of womenn (40 and 50 years old women),but as a resolt it was a great conversation.in addition i don't think he talks to only women who are age about 40 and 50 because, he talks to everybody i mean between womenn:))))))))))))).

i agree to gerry about the movies like atilla and phantom,yes its true to increase his fans after these kind of movies but his all movies are very different each other and they have got different senses and he is acting perfectly in all of them.

he acts in a type of history and epic movies but he's doing great job in a romantic ,the type of adventure movies as well.

however i have been considered on this question,

i am curious that he hasn't been married because he couldn't have find the reall love orr he just prefer being alone???

if i could get answers to my questions i'll be very pleased.

thanks from now.

byeeeexxxxxxx

first of all hi all:) when i first read this conversation i thought its funny ,espicially the part of womenn (40 and 50 years old women),but as a resolt it was a great conversation.in addition i don't think he talks to only women who are age about 40 and 50 because, he talks to everybody i mean between womenn:))))))))))))).

i agree to gerry about the movies like atilla and phantom,yes its true to increase his fans after these kind of movies but his all movies are very different each other and they have got different senses and he is acting perfectly in all of them.

he acts in a type of history and epic movies but he's doing great job in a romantic ,the type of adventure movies as well.

however i have been considered on this question,

i am curious that he hasn't been married because he couldn't have find the reall love orr he just prefer being alone???

if i could get answers to my questions i'll be very pleased.

thanks from now.

byeeeexxxxxxx

I don't think Gerry is really alone. I mean I don't think he has time to be ALONE. He is so busy that he doesn't have time to think about being alone very much. I think he is really to busy to get to KNOW anyone well enough to fall in real love. I believe Gerry will be SURE before he commits to a long term relationship, he won't just jump into anything. He seems to be much DEEPER than that. He doesn't seem to be the kind of man that would think that he would just BE with someone and if it doesn't work out, so be it. He would be reluctant to break someone's heart that way or simply use anyone. He's really busy right now, and as he says, "All over the place." Never in one place long enough to make a qualified, righteous decission about romance. I believe that when he settles down it will be after really getting to know someone and KNOW that she is the one for a lifetime, if possible. He won't risk having broken hearts or a broken marriage with children hanging in the balance. He is far to intelligent to want that kind of a relationship. Just my opinion!!

Oh My Goodness, what a wonderful interview and such adorable things he said about his fans. Just so loving a man he is!

Now I know that I will still have hopes of my dream of meeting Gerry and dating him??? Aren't we all wishing for the same thing? Us single Gals anyway.

Never give up your dreams, without them is to give up on life itself!!!!

Hold the wire Gerry, I will be right there!!! lol.. hahahaha!!!

Takes a highly intellegent man to appreciate the older women., we have been there done that and know where we are going!! Good going Gerrrrrrrrr!!!!

Hugs, M

from: http://www.filmschoolrejects.com/news/gera...r-interview.php

It comes as no surprise to the readers of Film School Rejects and the listeners of Fat Guys at the Movies that Neil Miller’s mom is Gerard Butler’s biggest fan. Recently, we had a chance to chat with Butler about his upcoming film Nim’s Island. In the process, he was kind enough to answer some burning questions from Neil’s Mom.

FSR: How do your fans who have been with you through your whole career differ from your new fans?

GB: The fans that have known me for years are fans of the heart, fans of passion. I always feel that fan base would increase after roles like Atilla or Phantom. And even though Atilla is still a warrior role, there was very much something romantic about him. Whereas in the last year, there’s been a massive jump, and I think that has more to do with the kick-arse nature of 300. I think they probably don’t really care what I have to say in interviews. They really only want to hear me say the line, “This is Sparta!”

FSR: Of all the characters you’ve portrayed on screen, which is the most like Gerry Butler?

GB: I don’t know about nowadays, but while I was playing it, the character I was most in touch with was the Phantom. I was feeling a lot of stuff in my life at that point that had a lot of serendipity with the Phantom and what I was going through. But on a lighter note, the Guy Ritchie movie [RocknRolla], the one I have coming out. My publicist called me after watching that and said “I feel like I just hung out with you for an hour and a half. That is all you. The silliness, the goofiness, the strong part, the vulnerable part. It’s got all you in there.” That’s one people haven’t seen yet, but I think that’s probably most like me nowadays.

GB: Apocalypse Now. Even films that I love and blow me away, for some reasons, I don’t even watch them again. That’s a weirdness I have. But Apocalypse Now I think I’ve seen about seventeen times. I can just put it on and watch it. It’s visual. It’s stimulating. It makes me think. There are certain things you can’t explain. I love that film.

FSR: What is your idea of a romantic evening?

GB: I, in my limited life experience, have found that so often the best situations come out of nothing rather than having to dress the whole thing up. You’re not really trusting what goes on between two people. Some people might say, “We’d go on a helicopter ride here and stop at a fancy restaurant.” This is why I’m single. There’s a scene in So I Married An Axe Murderer when Mike Myers is out with this girl, and they’re just walking around, and they’re making use of the things they come across – statutes, park benches, and they’re dancing about. To me, I have had the best times when I’m just walking about somewhere, whether it be the streets of Paris or New York. I live in New York now, if I were to go on a date, to walk across the Brooklyn Bridge and see things and make fun of things and come across the strange things that you come across that, to be honest, you don’t find when you’re sitting in a restaurant. That would be great for me. But like I say, that’s why I’m still single.

GB: [big laugh] Yes. I’ve always liked older women. Preferably 40 or 50 years older.

There’s definitely a chance for Neil’s mom. We put in a good word for you, and Gerard Butler sends big kisses your way!

Nim’s Island, starring Abigail Breslin, Jody Foster and Gerard Butler, hits the theaters on Friday, April 4 from Fox/Walden.

Hi, GALS,

Well, if Gerry likes dating older women, there's hope for me yet.

We have wisdom, life experiences and I would LOVE to just walk around town with Gerry doing simple but lovely things, who wants a fancy date, a simple date would be FANTASTIC, it's not the things that you do, it's the person that you're with who makes the evening very, very special and simple for me with Gerry, of course, would be just MY cup of tea!!

Big Gerry Hugs,

Posted Image

GB: [big laugh] Yes. I've always liked older women. Preferably 40 or 50 years older.

Thanks for posting this Darling... Oh wow..I love that he likes and prefers older woman...he has fantastic taste!!! And they wonder why he is loved by so many fans! LOL! LOVE HIM!!! :wuv:

Blessings and love,

Elizabeth

:wuv:

GB: I don’t know about nowadays, but while I was playing it, the character I was most in touch with was the Phantom. I was feeling a lot of stuff in my life at that point that had a lot of serendipity with the Phantom and what I was going through.

:phantom2:Oh Gerry you have NO idea how much that role touched so many of us! :thud: Since seeing you as the Phantom my life has never been the same....As for dating women in their 40's and 50's..be careful honey because women our age like to take things VERY SLOWLY! You might just lose patience with them to "get it on!" :eek: "wait a minute Gerry I have to check my hair....then my make-up...okay now turn off the lights and pour the wine....LOTS of it! :yummy:

DITTO

That was good. I love that post!

Sally

:wuv:WOW Shirsan I love your siggy! It is delicious... :pant: Edited by may

Reminder to "MAKE YOUR CHOICE!" Poll regarding "Messages to Gerry" subforum closes tonight at 11:59p CDT. :kisswink: