Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

OMG, Pil!!! That vision of me...with Gerry...in a "superglue embrace"...AHHHHHHHH!!! That's just what I needed as I try not to topple off my chair and perform my usual "face down THUD"! I was also thinking about the next time I am wandering around NYC when I know that G is in the vicinity: I must remember to dab some Comet behind my ears. Gotcha, Mel! Dang, I really want to know the secret of Comet.

Thank you so much, Pil darlin'! I love my friends here. Y'all are beautiful beings. And that huggy image is burned upon my brain; it's better than any elixir, including the alcoholic ones.

Christine, you cracked me up as well. It's okay, luv, you can imagine that it's you in the piccy with G. I don't mind sharing...especially when 50,000 of us want to do the same thing! Remember, I'm #426. LOL! At this rate I'd even settle for just a little snog but that warm, wonderful embrace really looks SO GOOD to me.

Ah, Anna! I adored that photo of you, cozy under the covers with your book. Well, I guess I should shower now so I can pick up my groceries and then run down the street to see "Nim's Island"!

Edited by Phantom's Muse

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Anna, it was so wonderful to see you reading your book and looking so good.I agree with what you said about, there are people who are so much worse off then we might be.I say that everyday when I start to complain about my pain.

Betts, congrats,on the weight loss.Hope you're feeling better.I think about you and Anna all the time. :hearts:

Sue, guess what I have a cat that's been hanging out on my back deck and tries to get in the door all the time. It's a beautiful long haired black cat with white on it's face and under it's neck.I can't bring it in because of the birds.I don't worry about the big birds but my mother always has her lovebird on her shoulder.Otherwise I'd keep the cat.I think someone moved away and left it.When you touch it you can feel it's bones.We've been feeding it.I called a no kill shelter where a friend of mine works and they're going to take it and find a home for it.I want to keep it so bad but I can't. :tantrum:

BTW Fran says you're doing really good at those siggys you've been doing.

:hugs: Peggy

Dear, sweet Anna, what an inspiration you are! I do try to take your advice and make everyday count. I try to eliminate people from my life who are consistently depressing, and look for joy in even the smallest things. We are given a finite period of time on this world, and we need to make the most of us! Fortunately for all of us, we have our gorgeous Gerry to bring sunshine on even the cloudiest day!!

Hugs to all my GALfriends out there. Have a wonderful Sunday. Off in search of hot tea and something fattening!

Suzie

Anna, Thanks.... cause I really needed that shot of inspiration and "scolding" today! I was having a very bad day of woe is me.... :) You kinda look like I did yesterday...my nose in Sadies "Phantoms Death" book! Do you get the urge to look at the end?? :bonk: I won't but I WANT to!

Hey Suz........ I haven't been on that much...have you moved yet? I'm so far behind I think I'm first! :D

Have to get off my Butt and get some house work done....skipped over it yesterday! Not a good thang.............cause I got a bigger mess today!

{{{HUGS}}}to you all......*Just me* :kiss:

I know Karen it isn't fair :tantrum: Whats the exact date for us just so i know ;)

Hi Scottish Lass, as I think Moira mentioned its scheduled for release in the UK on 2 May so not too long to wait I guess. :yay:

I got a lecture from my mom this afternoon about going to LA. I knew it was coming, but I thought it would be worse. I guess she's pretty much got it into her mind that I'm an adult and will do it anyway. :lol: She told me that she "didn't tell dad I went". God, why do they try to make me feel like I'm 10 years old?

Loved your comments Donna, I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm coming up 45 and sometimes I just dread telling my Mum & Dad something because I know exactly how they are going to react !!! Gotta love them though I guess :wuv:

Nearly finished the Phantom Death, started yesterday morning as soon as the postman dropped it through the letter box, see photographic evidence above!

"Did you waste the day or use it? Was it well or sorely spent?

Did you leave a trail of kindness, or a scar of discontent?

As you close your eyes in slumber, do you think that God will say:

You have earned one more tomorrow by what you did today?"

Thought your photo was ace Anna, would love to know who took the piccie and how long they had to wait for you to come back to this planet !!!

And I'll try and remember those wise words. Big hugs for you x.

Doctor Who was good last night, especially those little fat gonk things ... hilarious aliens !!

Have a good evening everyone.

Karen

I know Karen it isn't fair :tantrum: Whats the exact date for us just so i know ;)

Hi Scottish Lass, as I think Moira mentioned its scheduled for release in the UK on 2 May so not too long to wait I guess. :yay:

I got a lecture from my mom this afternoon about going to LA. I knew it was coming, but I thought it would be worse. I guess she's pretty much got it into her mind that I'm an adult and will do it anyway. :lol: She told me that she "didn't tell dad I went". God, why do they try to make me feel like I'm 10 years old?

Loved your comments Donna, I know exactly where you're coming from. I'm coming up 45 and sometimes I just dread telling my Mum & Dad something because I know exactly how they are going to react !!! Gotta love them though I guess :wuv:

Nearly finished the Phantom Death, started yesterday morning as soon as the postman dropped it through the letter box, see photographic evidence above!

"Did you waste the day or use it? Was it well or sorely spent?

Did you leave a trail of kindness, or a scar of discontent?

As you close your eyes in slumber, do you think that God will say:

You have earned one more tomorrow by what you did today?"

Thought your photo was ace Anna, would love to know who took the piccie and how long they had to wait for you to come back to this planet !!!

And I'll try and remember those wise words. Big hugs for you x.

Doctor Who was good last night, especially those little fat gonk things ... hilarious aliens !!

Have a good evening everyone.

Karen

Thank you Karen for letting me know :):hugs:

Have you pre ordered PSILU yet?

FEH. This weekend was such a BUST that I feel pretty crappy right now. I mean, don't you despise it when your weekend is carefully planned...and then...KABOOM! It's shot to hell in a nanosecond.

First of all, no Cheap Trick ticket. Secondly, no Asia gig. (Y'all need to realize something about me if you haven't already: Music is MY LIFE.) Third, I intended to arise early this AM and attend services at a church that interests me but I was so groggy that my eyelids literally felt like cement. Therefore, no service was on my agenda. I just went out and bought groceries, and as I was walking back to my car, I collided with my boss from the water company. We'd parted on mediocre terms so I was not sure how he'd react to me, but he was surprisingly nice (the one and only good aspect of the entire weekend).

Then I thought about seeing Nim's Island but after all of the latest news about Gerry's personal life, I must admit that I feel strangely envious. I know I said on another thread that I was indeed envious albeit somewhat jokingly, but -- damn it -- I'm REALLY more envious than I previously thought or realized. However, I'm mature enough to know that it involves my own longings for a soulmate and not too much to do with Gerry himself. G is my closest "reasonable facsimile" to a soulmate at the moment, hence I'm dealing with the oddest BEREFT feeling right now. Oh shyte...I don't want to sound like an adolescent and I hope I don't. But today is one of those days when I'm sick and tired of the loneliness in my life. I hope to God that things change very drastically for me this year because I've been alone for too long. Even an augmentation of my social circle would boost my morale considerably. I can wait longer for a soulmate if I just had a few more galfriends with whom I could pal around on a regular basis. Instead I'm sitting here and pining for someone special who reminds me of Gerry's best qualities...sheesh! Like I even know the guy personally!

I must sound like a loon.

*sigh* Sorry for the bummer of a post. But I'm actually starting to cry a little bit and I think I need some of the "Vicks Vapor" tissues that I just purchased at the store. I'm also glad that my therapist is returning from Florida today so I can see him tomorrow...and I truly need to haul my carcass to that damn Al-Anon meeting. It's just that I've been so burned in other 12 step fellowships that I'm scared to try yet another one. But how will I know if it's great or if it sucks if I don't GO?

Of course, the other good aspect of the weekend was the fact that I talked to my ops manager at Guitar Center and discovered that my background check was cleared. Tomorrow after my day at Perricone, I will train at the store for a couple of hours and then see Mike for therapy. It'll be quite a full day but I need that after such an empty weekend.

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Frannie, no I haven't moved yet. I only just got probate finished (after I was told I wouldn't need it) so now that I can sell my house, I can finally really get busy. I am SOOO not looking forward to moving, but AM looking forward to finding a cool house that's just for me! I think one of the main reasons I've been dragging my feet about moving is because I have to take my Gerry shrine down - I'm sort of waiting to do that at the last minute.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I finished Sadie's book, Phantom Death, today - OMFB, you MUST read that series. It was stunning!!

Suzie

Edited by Texas gramma

Oh Anna, I love that picture of you ....so thank Himself for taking it....and most especially thank you for your post....it is so very true....(and my sweet sunshine you are always in my prayers)...

My husband had to go pick up this new brace they made for his leg and than take it to the podiatrist to make sure everything fit right. Dan was joking with the doctor and the doctor looked at me and back at Dan and said, "Dan, of all my patients I love seeing you because you're always up...I know you're in pain ... but you never complain and you always are smiling." Dan told him "I always remember a saying I heard as a kid living in the projects..."I cried because I had no shoes, until I met a man who had no feet"...

...it's so true...we who are here have so much to be grateful for! And I thank God for each and every one of you!

Peggy, oh that poor kitty....as you can see my bony stray has gotten herself fattened up quite nicely...lol. I'm trying...lol. I did make this one that I'm kinda proud of...but I have a loooooong way to go to do anything like Frannie's (but she is an excellent teacher):

Posted Image

ok you guys... :donjuan: on Sadie's book...I'm still waiting for the 3rd one!! :tantrum:

Oh...I just got a news article on the internet (of course it's just a rumor...but Cassie is not going to be happy if this is true):

Hollywood actress CAMERON DIAZ is reportedly dating 300 star GERARD BUTLER.

The Charlie's Angels beauty is alleged to have enjoyed a series of dates with Scottish actor Butler in recent weeks, and the couple was spotted out together at Los Angeles nightspots Chateau Marmont, Teddy's Bar at the Roosevelt Hotel and Shutters Hotel, where they met up for drinks.

An eyewitness says, "They walked up to the balcony to look at the sunset. He had one arm round her waist and the other one on the small of her back. She kept giggling and touching his chest. They obviously had a good night."

And Butler's mother Margaret Coll is delighted with the news.

She says, "If it is true, I'll look forward to meeting Cameron, because he always brings his girlfriends home."

Diaz claims she has been single since splitting from Justin Timberlake in January 2007, but has been romantically linked to singer John Mayer and magician Criss Angel. Butler has previously dated actress Rosario Dawson and was alleged to have romanced supermodel Naomi Campbell.

06/04/2008 02:19

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

Goodnight Christine...sweet Gerry dreams!

Suzie, I am so tempted to show Dan your shrine and say "seeeee? I'm not so bad." But than he knows I'm rooming with you in Vegas and he'll become even more afraid! LOL

I LOVE IT! Oh I wish I could have a shrine too! :tantrum::tantrum:

hugs,

Sue

Scottish Lass, I have ordered PSILY and can't wait cos I never got to see it at the cinema ... I'm a PSILY virgin !!! (am I allowed to say that here ??!!) Although I saw Gerry in Frankie several years ago and thought 'very hot :drool1: ' it wasn't until I saw POTO in January this year that my jaw hit the ground and the rest is history as they say and by that time down our way PSILY had been and gone ... so I have two wonderful hits of Gerry to come in the next few weeks ... PSILY and NI .. can't wait :yummy:

Oh Christine, you do sound blue and no, you do not sound like a loon, behave !! If it's any consolation I'm pretty much in the same boat, long period of drought and fixated on finding someone who measures up to, well, you know who, even if he is some distant persona that I'm never likely to meet (G that is) but the poor dude that follows, well, tough act to follow but one can hope !! Anyway, back to the topic of conversation, try and look on the bright side, maybe his Mum won't approve !! And seriously, if coming on to GALS has taught me anything these past couple of months, it's that none of us are alone, we all share the same fears and anxieties to whatever degree, we all have worries and concerns and we all have our highs and happy times and if we share all that with each other, well a problem shared is a problem halved as they say. Even though I don't know you, I consider you a friend so keep your chin up okay. As Irish says, sweet Gerry dreams !!

Suzie, you are not taking down your Gerry shrine, you & Gerry are moving home okay :D !! And it sounds like I should be reading Sadie's book .. but Phantom Death ... will I need my tissues, it sounds ominous ??

Hey Irish, your Dan sounds like an amazing and special man.

Hope you're okay Swannie ... haven't seen a posting from you for a little while, best wishes.

Have a great week everyone, catch you later.

Karen

Edited by BlueJay

SUZ!!! I want a Gerry shrine like that too........... But like Sue..the DH would prolly object! Where did you get your King Leo doll? Mine looks smaller than yours and doesn't look so much like Gerry that yours does but than again, mine has the helmut on and of course still in the package. That's because Bobby wouldn't let me take it out to play! :tantrum: He say's since I wanted it because it was going to be a collectors item "that's what I told him" that you have to keep things like that in the original package. I have been dying to take it out though...

Christine, I'm sorry you are so bummed but remember galfriend....we're all here for you. Although we aren't exactly the kind of companionship you're longing for right now you are still NEVER alone! I'm only a PM away!

:wave: Fran

Awwww, Karen and Fran...thank you so much. No, actually, I would cherish your companionship. I would cherish any kind of fun and sweet companionship. It's true that I want to find my soulmate, but I'd love to augment my social circle as well. Y'all are absolutely right, though...I can just come here and find at least a degree of what I want and need. I consider all of you FRIENDS and I know that if many of us met one another, we'd have a blast (that's one huge reason why I wish I could attend the convention)!

Of course, I'm sitting here and actually laughing a little bit as I imagine grilling my next date (this is pure tomfoolery, don't worry about my sanity):

1) Are you of Scottish ancestry? Really, are you SURE? You look rather Mediterranean to me.

2) You don't seem very tall. Just how tall are you, anyway? Hmm, you should put lifts in your shoes.

3) Are you an actor or musician? Wait, you're a computer ner---I mean, tech?

4) Do you like animals? You'd better say yes or else I'm leaving right now.

5) Do you like music? You'd better say yes or else I'm leaving right now.

6) Do you consider yourself a spiritual person? You'd better say yes or...(man gets up, tells me I'm a LOON and then leaves before I do)

Hi Gals,

I'm exhausted just catching up for the past few days. I hope you all had a great weekend. This is doing my head in...I can't find anywhere when Nims is showing in Perth. I thought it would be out for the school holidays. I'm over being in the remotest city in the world (I'm not into being alone on a desert island except with some choice company!) I love the bustle of the city. I've lived in the country.

Anyhoo...has anyone seen a wee doco or reality thingy following Gerry around for the day. My Daughter in Darwin said it was going to be on but I haven't heard of it? Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Love

Starved of Gerry Juice.

Wee-wees and reality weeners...I'm getting RANDY again, Donna. STOP THE INSANITY! It's all your fault again! The furniture is looking pretty hawt to me right now.

Charli, it occurred to me the other day that some interesting people hail from Perth (aside from you, that is)...Heath Ledger and the Farriss brothers from INXS, just to name a few. There must be something awesome in the water over there! And isn't Darwin on the northern coast of Australia? I used to know Australia's geography almost as well as I knew America's. I know, I'm an Aussiephile.

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hey all!

I feel like I've been ignoring everyone here for the last few weeks.

I'm in DC right now. I've had a really nice time, with Bea and Delia and everyone else. It's always good to see and meet fans. That's why I go.

DC and Virginia are beautiful, but my sinuses are KILLING me!

I've seen Nim's twice since I've been here...very cute.

Right now, just relaxing in the hotel. If I feel up to it, we should be heading off to DC again, to spend the day. We had a tour on Saturday, which was amazing. I get really emotional at cemeteries, especially, those that are made for those who've died in service.

We danced the night away...love dancing with my gals!

Be home on Tuesday, but I'll check in.

~alice

:music:

Yeah Lish...I'm with ya on that one! Josh is Hot! And he's a good singer too!

:wave: Fran

Christine. I loved your questions for a perspective date. Too funny...... :D

Hi Alice, Have some fun for me!

Muse...correctomoondo my lil' chickadee. Darwin is a strange place (from what I have heard) Tropical and I am going up there in July for the first time. Its in the Northern Territory or Terror-tory. Crocodiles and people, all can be dangerous up there.

Don't talk wee wee to a girl recovering from a UTI! Nasty Nasty business.

So I presume you haven't heard of the documentary or did you just get dizzy with the WEENER talk. I don't like weeners, frankfurts or wee boys as I like to call them. But I don't think we are talking the same language! Hee Hee A reality weaner LMAO!

Frances OConnor even though born in England grew up in Perth from 2 years old. But Heath is probably the most well known one.

Something in the water...Thats probably why I'm not famous...I drink bottled water.

Hey to you, Pilar, have you been behaving...or better yet, misbehaving. :wave:

Anna, those are wonderful sentiments.

Hello TXGrandma, say hello to Erich for me.

Donna, I exhausted Randy last night. It's your turn to borrow him. *raised eyebrow, evil grin*

Charli, that's what I've heard about Darwin...crocodiles, sharks, nasty creatures in the midst of wild beauty. "Terror-tory," LOL! As for the weeners, I just got dizzy from wee-wee talk. And if you drink Aquafina bottled water, it's actually TAP water but I don't know if Australia sells it. Up here it's very prevalent. I buy Fiji myself.

Oh God!!! I had a nasty UTI not long ago. One thing I'd (seriously) like to tell every woman is...do not "hold" your pee. That is the main reason why I suffer with UTIs.

Thanks, Fran...*giggle* What that poor man would endure in the ten minutes of our date...LOL...

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Morning Gals :wave:

Just popping on to say good morning, then off to vote for the site.Then gonna work out doing some Wii Boxing :workout:

Pop back later

:hugs:

Edited by Scottish_lass_GB_style