Gerard Butler GALS

Just came home from Nim's Island

oggy

I love always so much Gerry's eyes, his glance, his crooked smiles, his arms and his hands.... And these legs in the short when he's in the water ... Yum ! And ... he looks a little bit "coated" and I like that. He give me need to be cuddled in his arms, just on his stomac :drool1: ....

SIGH. That's why he's my Squishy . . . and I love him so much for it. Love that man's body no matter what condition it's in, and I love it BEST in Nim's and Timeline. Squishy . . .

But it's his mouth that drives me wild. I loved when he was being Alex Rover and he was blindfolded on the camel! Ooh, all you saw was MOUTH. Yummy . . . and the thick brogue. Double yummy . . . The croookedness of his mouth is so engaging that I don't notice anything else!

I so believe in time travel and I want to go into the future to 2 may so us here in the UK would be seeing it. I am getting so jealous reading all these stories and just want to see the film. :tantrum:

I so wish I had a local Gerry fan to see it with so we could just swoon together. I do prefer to see his films on my own and not with non Gerry friends as they just don't appreciate why I swoon so much at him. :kiss:

Moira

I so believe in time travel and I want to go into the future to 2 may so us here in the UK would be seeing it. I am getting so jealous reading all these stories and just want to see the film. :tantrum:

I so wish I had a local Gerry fan to see it with so we could just swoon together. I do prefer to see his films on my own and not with non Gerry friends as they just don't appreciate why I swoon so much at him. :kiss:

Moira

I feel the same,well i do have s friend who will come with me.BUt she dont appreciate him like me or the way you do lol.

Pity we didn't live closer to one another :)

But I'll tell ya . . . there's something to be said for watching a Gerry movie with nobody. You get to be in your own little Gerry world without any distractions or worrying about anyone else. Whenever I go with someone, I'm always worried that they won't like him or something so I can't really concentrate. But when you go alone, ahhhhhh - it's just you and Gerry . . .

I know what you mean Moira........I wish I had someone closer here so I could really let my emotions flow whilst watching the movie! Although my daughter knows of my addiction and really does try to understand it! :kisswink:

:wave: Fran

I feel bad for my friend when i go with her, as i have a bad habit of hitting her arm or grabbing her arm when gerry comes on and looks H O T T hot lol

:swoon:

I think she hates going with me now lol. Sometimes i do miss part of the movie also, as i am just sitting staring at gerry :wuv::drool1:

So Reggie, you saw at last Gerry on a big screen and you was scotched at your seat ! :pointy::pointy:

I definitely was "scotched at my seat" whatever that means! :D If it means stuck there unable to move because I was staring at the screen wishing he would burst through it and take me in his arms then I sure was.

I took my mom and lil sis who is 14 to see Nim's Island and they thought it was very cute. Mom thinks Gerry has a cute bum and is really good looking....add another Gerry fan to the fold. Marissa, my sis on the other hand thinks he's cute but prefers him in Dracula 2000. LMAO She likes him in some movies but not in others( ie 300). The movie theater had about 15 people in there mostly women and kids. There were 2 fathers in there with their children.

I saw it the Saturday after it opened with my mom in law, Peggy. We live together and I was trying to sneak out early to the 10am show. I had an unexpected turn of events that had me taking my daughter to work and missing the 10am show. I decided to go to the 12:20 instead. Upon seeing that I was upset about having to change my plans, Peggy asked what the matter was and I told her. She then said to me, "You were going to go without me?" I swear, she's Become! By that I mean that she has fallen into the delightful affliction we call "GALS!"

I think it really happened last month when she finally saw him at the Nim's Island premier. We were there for CUT and popped over in time to see Gerry. I had warned her that he is even more handsome in person. She just wanted proof that he was real!

We both enjoyed the movie together! I suppose I no longer have to see Gerry's films alone anymore.

She is now quite hopeless!

~ Donna Lee

I saw it the Saturday after it opened with my mom in law, Peggy. We live together and I was trying to sneak out early to the 10am show. I had an unexpected turn of events that had me taking my daughter to work and missing the 10am show. I decided to go to the 12:20 instead. Upon seeing that I was upset about having to change my plans, Peggy asked what the matter was and I told her. She then said to me, "You were going to go without me?" I swear, she's Become! By that I mean that she has fallen into the delightful affliction we call "GALS!"

I think it really happened last month when she finally saw him at the Nim's Island premier. We were there for CUT and popped over in time to see Gerry. I had warned her that he is even more handsome in person. She just wanted proof that he was real!

We both enjoyed the movie together! I suppose I no longer have to see Gerry's films alone anymore.

She is now quite hopeless!

~ Donna Lee

Am pleased for you Donna, It means there's someone else in your household who share's the same love for gerry,and let's be honest who wouldn't ;)

Least when you go now, you and your MIL can share gerry moments together.

:pointy:

Midnight and a quarter ... I went alone to theatre ... My hubby doesn't want to see this movie, it's boring for him ... I prefer to be alone and say "yum" every time Gerry is on the screeen. And tonight, for an original version (in English) at 10:15PM we were 3 in the room (for 250 chairs !) ... A couple in middle age, and me. So, I could say "yum" and I was very quiet. But I'm afraid this movie doesn't make a lot of money in France. Because I'm living in Lyon, the second city of the country ... So ... it will be difficult to have a lot of audience all around in France !

I enjoyed this movie again ! The first time I prefered the character of Jack because of his physical appearance, but today (euh no, yesterday) I prefered the character of Alex because he seems to be less dreamly thant Jack, and he has this humour I love in Gerry (even if physicaly, he seems less .... neat).

So, time to meet my dreams.

Have a good day !

Bénédicte

• 4 weeks later...

I went to Nim's Island again today - by myself this time. The cool thing was this is the largest audience I've seen since the first time (which was in DC with about 100 Tarts!)

I loved the reactions of the audience and the fact that there were other adults there without kids. There were 2 men and a woman in the row behind me - I'd say of retirement age. The men were really belly-laughing at the funny parts, and reacting to all of Jack's plights out on the boat. It was so cool. But my favorite moment was when Alex Rover puts his hand out to Alexandra and says "take my hand" and the mom down the row from me, who was there with her daughter, said out loud "I'll take his hand!" Oh yeah, another GAL in the making if not already full-fledged. I noticed she stayed until the cast credits rolled too - hmmmm...waiting to see who played that sexy Rover???? So it was a very enjoyable viewing of the movie.

• 4 weeks later...

Nim's was my first official Gerry movie!

I loved it. I took my kids to see it the day it opened. And when one of my favorite songs played at the end, I nearly fell out of my seat.

• 3 weeks later...

So I finally saw Nim’s Island! It was in Germany, it was dubbed in German (and I understand German quite little, but it was the only possibility to see it), but I saw it!!!!!!!!!!! I could have enjoyed at least the picture (as far as I can tell, the dubbing was done well, the actor had a very pleasant voice, but it just was not HIS voice), but even that was wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!! Unfortunately, there were not many people, except of me, several families with children, but it looked like everybody enjoyed the film very much.

In our country, they will release it only next month, I am afraid it is very likely that it will be also dubbed.... but I am looking forward to seeing it already! BTW, Alexandra, if you read it, the „German“ Alex was Rover, too. I wonder what it will be like in Czech (so far, I only know that the title is translated as „Forgotten Island“ (in German, it was „The Island of Adventures“). :wave::wave::wave:

I probably don’t have to say whose acting I loved most. It was great, how he was able to distinguish between those two characters. They were really two different people, different from him, and both very believable. Well, I must say I would have liked the film even more if they had put more scenes of Nim interacting with her father (NOT in that cold water, just talking, doing some safe things in the island - they were so nice together!) instead of the whole episode with pirates. :pointy::pointy::pointy: