Gerard Butler GALS

Gerard Butler and Cameron Diaz?

Swansong

Edited by Songbird:

Since there seems to be many articles regarding this RUMOR, we're going to attempt to list them all here, instead of in their own separate threads. This way, one set of discussion can continue, within our guidelines, here within this thread.

Thank you all, and thank you Swannie, for allowing me to hi-jack your thread! :hug1: Songbird

Sunday Mirror from DonnaKat

See Post #11 from Moira, with scans from The Sunday Mail and The News of the Word

News of the World link from Scottish_ Lass_GB

Contact Music

Hollywood Back Wash from Meredith13

As originally posted by Swansong:

(We all know how Gerry feels about the Scottish press!)

From Sunday Mail.co.uk

Scot hunk Butler dating Cameron Diaz

Apr 6 2008 By Toby Mcdonald

Exclusive Romeo Actor's Dating Cameron Diaz

HOLLYWOOD hunk Gerard Butler and Charlie's Angels star Cameron Diaz are getting pally in LA.

The Scots romeo, whose dates include some of the world's most beautiful women, has been spotted with the actress in restaurants and clubs.

Gerard, who starred in Spartan epic 300, and Cameron drank champagne and mineral water at Teddy's club at the Roosevelt Hotel.

One onlooker said: "They ignored everyone else. They just kept getting closer and closer. There was a lot of thigh and arm touching which got more as the night went on.

"Cameron seemed to be laughing at all of Gerard's jokes. At one point she placed her bottle of Voss water between her legs and Gerard put his hand on it."

But just as Gerard, 38, and Cameron, 35, looked ready to kiss, they were interrupted by a group of girls.

The witness said: "Gerard was annoyed at first but then was amused to find the girls had no idea who he was. They just wanted him to take a picture of them, which he did."

Two days before the Teddy's liaison, the couple enjoyed a romantic meal at "the hotel of the stars", Chateau Marmont, on Hollywood's Sunset Boulevard.

Something About Mary and Vanilla Sky star Cameron, who has dated Justin Timberlake, was linked to magician Criss Angel and singer John Mayer before going out with Glasgow-born law graduate Gerard.

And Gerard - who has been linked to model Naomi Campbell, actresses Rosario Dawson and Chiara Conti, TV presenter Josie D'Arby and model Bianca Christians - has lifted the lid on his love life.

The actor revealed he likes to woo women with unusual dates, rather than just wining and dining them.

He said: "I have had the best times when I'mjust walking about, whether it be the streets of Paris or New York."

Gerard plays an Indiana Jones-style adventurer opposite Jodie Foster in his latest film Nim's Island.

Last night Gerard's mum Margaret Coll, of ----------, said: "If it is true I'll look forward to meeting Cameron because he always brings his girlfriends home."

Edited by Songbird

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Was Just coming on to post this lol.

Theres a report in the paper also :lalala:

Our press is terriable, lol.

He looks nice in the picture they provided though lol.And they managed to get a wee bit about nims island in there :pointy: So there's a wee plus lol

Well, darn if he was actually trying to woo her or she him. Why didn't they leave them in peace to enjoy themselves?

Love,

Tracy

Leave and peace does not come into the paps vocaburaly (sp) :tantrum: lol

Hope they did enjoy themselves though :music:

Guest DonnaKat

The gossip columns are beginning to eat this up. Here's another one . They even mention having a "spy" about. :lol:

I find it ironic that with all the "spys" following them around, no one has yet to snap a picture of the two of them together. And mum's comment, "IF" it is true? Weird.

Not sayin' it's true, not sayin' it isn't true. Just sayin'.

I'm a Show Me Missouri Girl. Where's the show me? All they've done is cut and pasted the same quotes from that one article, and added a few of their own.

I'm not advocating paps getting some proof, but if you're gonna post an article in the first place, have something to back it up.

(We all know how Gerry feels about the Scottish press!)

From Sunday Mail.co.uk

Scot hunk Butler dating Cameron Diaz

Apr 6 2008 By Toby Mcdonald

Exclusive Romeo Actor's Dating Cameron Diaz

HOLLYWOOD hunk Gerard Butler and Charlie's Angels star Cameron Diaz are getting pally in LA.

The Scots romeo, whose dates include some of the world's most beautiful women, has been spotted with the actress in restaurants and clubs.

Gerard, who starred in Spartan epic 300, and Cameron drank champagne and mineral water at Teddy's club at the Roosevelt Hotel.

One onlooker said: "They ignored everyone else. They just kept getting closer and closer. There was a lot of thigh and arm touching which got more as the night went on.

"Cameron seemed to be laughing at all of Gerard's jokes. At one point she placed her bottle of Voss water between her legs and Gerard put his hand on it."

But just as Gerard, 38, and Cameron, 35, looked ready to kiss, they were interrupted by a group of girls.

The witness said: "Gerard was annoyed at first but then was amused to find the girls had no idea who he was. They just wanted him to take a picture of them, which he did."

Two days before the Teddy's liaison, the couple enjoyed a romantic meal at "the hotel of the stars", Chateau Marmont, on Hollywood's Sunset Boulevard.

Something About Mary and Vanilla Sky star Cameron, who has dated Justin Timberlake, was linked to magician Criss Angel and singer John Mayer before going out with Glasgow-born law graduate Gerard.

And Gerard - who has been linked to model Naomi Campbell, actresses Rosario Dawson and Chiara Conti, TV presenter Josie D'Arby and model Bianca Christians - has lifted the lid on his love life.

The actor revealed he likes to woo women with unusual dates, rather than just wining and dining them.

He said: "I have had the best times when I'mjust walking about, whether it be the streets of Paris or New York."

Gerard plays an Indiana Jones-style adventurer opposite Jodie Foster in his latest film Nim's Island.

Last night Gerard's mum Margaret Coll, of ----------, said: "If it is true I'll look forward to meeting Cameron because he always brings his girlfriends home."

Not that he needs my approval by any means..............but I have absolutely no problem with this if its true (and I think it is). I am not a Cameron fan per se, but have really no reason to dislike her. At least she is an appropriate age and not a twenty-something model. She is also NOT Naomi Campbell, who seems to have thrown another fit at Heathrow and gotten in trouble again! What is that woman's problem? I hope GB has a good time with Cameron and I loved (if its true) that his mom says he brings all his girlfriends home to meet her. I just bet if mom doesn't approve, that's the end!! His mom appears to be a woman of strenght and opinion who dearly loves her children.

I agree, Xan. I also just read a report of their canoodling on AOL, which usually (not always but usually) publishes the truth about these couplings. I'm also not a Cameron fan per se, but at least she has a sense of humor...unlike Naomi Campbell. I suppose that's 'nough said because I know we're not supposed to disrespect other celebs on this site (but y'all get the gist of what I'm insinuating). I also loved his mum's quote because he strikes me as the type to bring every girlfriend home to meet her -- and if she says, "Gerard, she's not the one for you," then he'd be likely to bid adieu to that woman!

If it's true....good for them! Who knows..... I for one think they are a pretty cute couple! I wish him every happiness if he has finally found the one that can tame him down a wee bit! :kisswink:I will say though.I'm jealous as Hell! :tantrum:

:wave: Fran

Well here are the actual articles. There is also one in The Sunday Mirror which adds they were also spotted at Shutters last week but had no comment from his mum(don't have it). Did not give date or surprise surprise any pictures. I sort of feel the same in that whilst Cameron appears the total opposite of what Gerry's type is ie near his age, an actress and blond at least she is a decent age. It had concerned me lately seeing all the TMZ stuff etc where he appears to be hitting on early 20 something girls. I'm very surprised his mum openly commented on them dating since he is so secretive about his private life. Being so openly affectionate in public with any woman is a new side we are seeing of Gerry but it is all hearsay and these articles are just a copy of the Life and Style etc articles earlier this week so unless I see photos to back up the claims or hear it from him I will take it as gossip. I did laugh at her comment "she seems a nice girl but mind you we are not oganising the wedding just yet". :p

Gerry doesn't need to be worried about what his mum thinks of Cameron it is what Drew thinks of Gerry and will she get the best friend seal of approval!!!!!ha ha :funnyup: I'm sure he will love the double dating and become best mates wth Justin Long ha ha :funnyup:

The first 2 are from The Sunday Mail and the 3rd is from The News of The World. I do not have The Sunday Mirror article

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Moira

Edited by framolamdu

I hope that no woman "tames" Gerry.

It is my sincerest hope that he finds a woman that "completes" him.

I would love to see him happy, and my prediction remains that he will be married by 40.

(You need to start that family soon Gerry! ~LOL~ If you have a baby at 40, you will be pushing 60 when he/she graduates high school!!)

We are of a same age, so I feel obliged to point these facts out to him! :lol:

:wuv:

All the love in the world to him and whomever he chooses!!

~Bella

Also wanted to add.If it is indeed true.Good luck to them :)

I dont mind Cameron Diaz. I just cant help think what a lucky ladie she is.First she was with Justin Trouser Snaker Timberland and now maybe our Gerry. Shes very lucky :drool1:

Thanks Moira and Scottish....for the articles!

BTW Bella....I was just using that term lightly........I don't REALLY think anyone should be tamed! I agree it would be great if he finds the love of his life and lives happily ever after! Is that better?? :p

:wave: Fran

Do you know what concerns me if these rumours are true with it being made public so soon they are not getting a chance to let it develop out of the media spotlight and that is how so many celeb relationships fail. Saying that there are more private places to conduct a new relationship than in the media haunts of Teddy's, Chateau Marmont, Shutters etc so I'm inclined to think it is all rumours or they are just out to have some fun and at this stage nothing too serious.

Moira

BTW Bella....I was just using that term lightly........I don't REALLY think anyone should be tamed! I agree it would be great if he finds the love of his life and lives happily ever after! Is that better?? :p

Oh I know sweetie!!

I just like Gerry's wild side -that's how I knew he had arrived at the premiere -he was flipping the bird in his car!

:hugs:

Bella

Can i ask, Has it been reported in any american press or magazines.

As its not like scottish press to get a hold of something like this before america.I know it may all be rumours and false but imagine if it was true and scottish press got in there first.I really would faint :lol:

Funny how there are no photos floating about with them together. There have been plenty of photos of candid Gerry floating around when he was in Beverly Hills and West Hollywood. I can't believe the paps wouldn't pick up on this since this is Cameron Diaz we're talking about. I think she's pretty much considered an A-lister and draws a huge pap following. Until photos show up, I just chuck this in the rumor bin with the Naomi rumors. On another note, I'm sure they have talked as he mentioned Cameron in an interview & their common link is Abigail Breslin. So it would be common sense to think they at least know each other. Plus Cam is a sweet all American gal & I'm sure she's a barrel of fun.

He he I just saw this in the paper and was logging on to see if this is true........(well as true as we'll ever know wihout Gerry saying it)

I'm happy for him! I know it's hard to start a relationship in the public eye and she is so HIGH profile that they would be swamped with paps..............having said that I think Gerry is very good at keeping things private so I wish him the best. I love the fact that Cameron is like all of us....can look like a bag of lego "in bits" or when sh is done up stunning :wuv:

Hugs

Celine

Hey Scots Lass

It was all over the internet last week. I think it was reported in Life and Style and then a few others just added stuff onto it. It is exact word for word as those articles so somebody has been digging about the internet. I know they do that because I remember 2-3 years ago when I went to the Golden Globes I was interviewed by the LA times and got a call from my mum to say journalist from The Sun saw my bit and wanted to do a story and tracked me down. How he got my number is beyond me as I only said in the interview I came from Fife and not the exact town and don't recall giving the interviewer at the LA times my number. Can you imagine how many John Fraser's live in Fife. The Sun did a 2 page article on me and printed alot of my Golden Globe photos.

I will re-iterate what I said in my earlier post I just feel - call me delusional if you like - but if this was something he was hoping to be serious I just do not think he would be conducting it in such public places so early on in the relationship. For all we know she might be chasing him and turning up in places he is at - well it wouldn't be difficult to imagine once you meet Gerry you would want more of that Gerry juice and no disrespect to Justin T or John Mayer but Gerry is all man and I think he would blow Cameron away. The fact it is all over the UK papers makes me think once the US papz get wind of this they will be on the lookout to get that first elusive snap of the pair.

Bet the first pic is of him trying to learn how to surf in hawaii. Our cameron does like to surf. :funnyup:

I'd personally say it was all rumours but it concerns me they have put in quotes from his mum - would the press make up quotes and more importantly as swannie said we know how Gerry feels about the Scottish press and I expect his mum does too so I find it hard to believe she was so open. In the Sunday Mail she said IF its true as in this was probably the first she heard about it but in the NOTW she said she had spoken to gerry the night before and he had said he was out on a date with her but she wasn't planning the wedding just yet.

Moira

Edited by framolamdu

Yes, Christine (I feel like I'm talking to myself, especially since you're the only other Christine I know...LOL). I think I posted earlier that it's now all over AOL, and I'm in the States. So I suppose that there's some truth to it after all.

because he strikes me as the type to bring every girlfriend home to meet her -- and if she says, "Gerard, she's not the one for you," then he'd be likely to bid adieu to that woman!

As a mom, I can't help but like the idea of my own son behaving this way, but for Gerry's sake, I sure hope he doesn't wait for his mum's approval on his girlfriends! I hope he respects his mum's opinion of his friends, but still manages to make his own decisions based on what HE thinks is right for him.

Swannie

I think we're going to COMPILE all of the articles about Gerry and Ms. Diaz here in this one thread. So, here's a couple more:

Contact Music

Hollywood Back Wash

So far, everyone is doing a stellar job in keeping this discussion within our guidelines of mutual respect and respect for Gerry and any who might be seen with him, and we thank you! :rose: Please remember that this is all speculation and take it with a huge grain of salt. :thankyou: