Gerard Butler GALS

Gerard Butler and Cameron Diaz?

Swansong

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is why I don't purchase tabloids or anything like that. I have only been watching gossip shows to see if I can see a Nim's interview. I think if Gerry wants the world to know who he is dating he will do an interview or a press conference. I am sorry I think Gerard's private life should be private. He shares more than the averages star with his fans. I have seen videos where his handlers are trying to rush him a long, but yet he turns back and hugs another fan and gives another autograph. I couldn't imagine the pressure is like. I don't care who Gerard dates. Is that wrong? Does that make me less a fan. I think not. All I want is for him to be immensely happy, because his talent makes me immensely happy. If Cameron makes him happy. More power to him. If a 21 year old makes him happy more power to him. If a 51 year old makes him happy more power to him. I can barely stand to look at him in the Paparazzi pics, because he sounded so irritated with them following him about. He told them to get a *bleep* ing life. I agree. They should. I am poor.I need money, but if I had to hound people to make money I'd rather stay poor.

Sorry I will get off my soap box, but I am very passionate about a star's right to privacy.

Love, :poof::2cents::tantrum::wall:

Tracy

P.S. Sorry if this makes people mad at me, but I have to say how I feel. That doesn't mean you have to feel the same way.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

The reality of it is, we're all just jealous because we think Gerry is the hottest man on earth and we we are not in the position to start up a relationship with him. None of us are in the movie industry, nor do we live where we may run in the same circles. (lol, plus some of us are married)

Hey Island Girl you are so right. We are all jealous and in my opinion Gerry's fanbase has grown so big because he keeps his life private and for some fans (not everybody) it is because he appears so accessible/available and they like him more for how he looks than his body of work etc - we all probably stand a one in a million shot of bagging Gerry but hey we at least have a shot!!! ha ha - oh Lisa we did have a good laugh at that.

I always think you can tell the real fans from the one who only drool over him and if in time this does become serious it will be interesting to see who has stuck around and who has diverted their affections to another celeb who appears accessible/available. I also think a good judge of a fan is if they stick around when something is revealed about their personal life that was either hidden or denied in the first place. That is the sign of a true fan.

Moira

Edited by framolamdu

Guest DonnaKat

Well let me just say, it's so much easier for me to follow Steve Bacic's career because he was already in a long term, happy marriage when I joined his forum (my first fandom, by the way). I say it's so much easier, because on his forum you don't have all the tabloids and rumors about who he's dating, not dating, etc. He has his beautiful wife, his children, and his personal life (which he chooses to keep out of the limelight)...and that's that. Instead, his forum concentrates on his work, his appearances, and his interactions with fans. I don't think there's anything wrong with questioning the validity of a rumor, and I don't think that makes one a "jealous" or stalkerish fan. Most of us live in reality, and we know the chances of any of us hooking up with ANY famous person are slim to none. I was simply stating that this might be a case of the media "making a mountain out of a molehill" (which we know they're experts at doing).

The reality of it is, we're all just jealous because we think Gerry is the hottest man on earth and we we are not in the position to start up a relationship with him. None of us are in the movie industry, nor do we live where we may run in the same circles. (lol, plus some of us are married)

I wouldn't trade places with Cameron Diaz, (I like her all the way back to when she was on The Mask), not even if it meant having Gerry, her figure, her health and her money. I like being me. Even as much as my life sucks and it sucks royally sometimes. It is mine. I want my husband. I want my kid. I want my daughter in law. I want my grandson. I want my cat.

If Gerry finds happiness. It will further my happiness.

I don't want the man. I just want to admire him from afar. I want to enjoy his talent.

Is it blasphemy to just want to be a fan?

Just asking a general question nothing at all directed at you Island Girl, because you know I love you.

Island Girl has got one hot husband herself there, Gals! :kisswink:

I forget what your real name is, but then again my elevator doesn't go all the way up.

Love ya,

Tracy :kiss:

P.S. Again I am not trying to be offensive, but Paparazzi are one of my pet peeves.

Heck, I'd want to be her just because she doesn't have to get up every morning ride a bus and two trains and then walk in a freakin' wind tunnel to get to a job that she really isn't all too thrilled over, and believe me, if I was her, I'd use my looks for pure evil...I'd be having a lot of fun, let me tell you..any single guy...yep, I'd be having a lot of fun.

But we all know how gossip is, a guy says hello to a girl and all of a sudden they are married and have three kids.

Edited by moonglow

Heck, I'd want to be her just because she doesn't have to get up every morning ride a bus and two trains and then walk in a freakin' wind tunnel to get to a job that she really isn't all too thrilled over, and believe me, if I was her, I'd use my looks for pure evil...I'd be having a lot of fun, let me tell you..any single guy...yep, I'd be having a lot of fun.

But we all know how gossip is, a guy says hello to a girl and all of a sudden they are married and have three kids.

LOL, that was funny! You are a hoot!

Love,

Tracy :kisswink:

P. S. I do say if I had Jennifer Ellison's figure and she had a feather in her ear. We'd both be tickled. :funnyface:

I´m with Tracy on this. I´m definitely NOT jealous and I definitely would not date anyone famous. I´m a realist and I value my privacy very high (perhaps the fact that I´m a journalist has something to do that as well ;))

What´s more, I wouldn´t even want to meet Gerry, not as a fan. First, I´m shy and I find it hard to go and talk to people I don´t know. Second, there´s always a chance that meeting your idol will make you disappointed or disillusioned somehow. What if they´re busy, irritated, rude - or just not what you expected? (I´m pretty sure I wouldn´t be disappointed when talking to Gerry as he seems such a nice and down to earth person!)Most importantly, I´m not interested in talking to someone for a couple of minutes, knowing that they´re only talking to me because they have to, because it´s their job. (Vanity from my part, I guess?) But it would be lovely to meet Gerry casually and totally in random, and chat for a while, not as a fan but a fellow human being.

So yea, I´m totally happy admiring him from a distance. Whoever he dates is none of my business - although I have to admit that I´m slightly curious about his taste in women. :p

I'll admit it! I'm totally jealous, which is why I don't usually read this stuff. I have bad reactions to them. :lol: Only in my own mind do I have a chance . . .

Honestly I really do want Gerry to be happy with the best possible person, and only HE will know who that is. But I do not like the tabloids and all the garbage they say. I've read a lot of these same articles, and like Moira said, they are verbatim the same things in all the US and UK articles. So, they don't have much creedence as far as I'm concerned.

When Gerry brings a woman out and about and says she is his girlfriend, then I'll believe it. But only then . . .

Lisa

Phoenix...

I really agree with you. I try my hardest not to read about who the papz think he is with, but then I saw this on Perezhilton...and yea...*sigh*

Well, I want him to be happy. And until he walks a red carpet with someone hand in hand...he is single in my world.

I am not saying they are together or they are not together. I haven't read anything except what is in this thread. I am just saying in my life it makes no difference one way or the other and I consider it none of my business.

I am also just saying I would loathe to be under a microscope like that. I would crack under the pressure. Thank goodness they are stronger than me, because I absolutely could not deal.

Can you imagine speaking with someone at a club and it making the news? :lalala:

I really need to shut up because I am afraid I will make my soap box crack and I would hate to fall and hurt myself.

Love ya, Tracy

Well, it's all just rumor and as many have said until Gerry or Cameron say it's true....it just that...rumor.

BUT if it's true I think they make a really cute couple. I can't remember where I read an article about Cameron but it was quite a while back and she talked about how gawky she always felt growing up and that she was a real tomboy and still likes being "one of the guys".. So in that respect I could imagine her and Gerry really having a blast together...and the woman is gorgeous.

So Posted Image Gerry and Cameron!

hugs,

Sue

I just keep thinking.Oh i wish i could have met him in scotland before he went and kept him all to myself :drool1::drool1: I might have even let you's share.So i would have been nice lol.And yes your right.I imagine some of us are jealous.I know i am :kisswink:

But i am happy for him if it turned to out to be true.

Can i just say this :worthless: Just noticed it and agree'd there was some dashing pics with the articles lol

Sue, this is totally off topic. Mods, feel free to spank me.What is Gerry doing to his head in your avvie?

Love,

Tracy

Tracy, that was from last years Wondercon....Gerry was talking and all of a sudden he got a look at himself (on the big screen) and realized his hair was sticking up ...lol...so he let out the "F" bomb and wanted to know why none of us had told him and proceeded unsuccessfully to try and make it stay down....lol. It was just such a good memory for me.

love,

Sue

Awww, that was really cute story sue!

is there video of this event? lol.

As for how everyone feels, it is natural that all of us have different reactions to the rumors. That is the great thing about GALS, we all admire the same man in different ways and for different reasons. There are some members that stay in the gutter and come out only for major events/topics *ahem,blush* and there are others that stay in the pub. My point is, as long as we are respectful, there is no wrong reaction.

Thanks Jenny...and to answer your question...Yes...Alice took some fantastic video...go to the multimedia section and look under fans videos for wondercon.

hugs,

Sue

Well I guess this is the photographic evidence they are at least in the same place. It was apparently taken fri night at Chateau Marmont. I had to have my light off to see the video better as it was quite dark.

There are 3 photos 2 of her and one of him(not together)

Scroll down to the video to see them actually chatting but he drove away seperately and she left in a chauffeur driven car

Moira

Edited by heISmyGspot
Mod edit to remove link to razzi footage that clearly violates Gerry's privacy.

Sue, this is totally off topic. Mods, feel free to spank me.What is Gerry doing to his head in your avvie?

Love,

Tracy

Tracy, that was from last years Wondercon....Gerry was talking and all of a sudden he got a look at himself (on the big screen) and realized his hair was sticking up ...lol...so he let out the "F" bomb and wanted to know why none of us had told him and proceeded unsuccessfully to try and make it stay down....lol. It was just such a good memory for me.

love,

Sue

Oh that is so cute. LOL

Love,

Tracy

Well I guess this is the photographic evidence they are at least in the same place. It was apparently taken fri night at Chateau Marmont. I had to have my light off to see the video better as it was quite dark.

There are 3 photos 2 of her and one of him(not together)

Scroll down to the video to see them actually chatting but he drove away seperately and she left in a chauffeur driven car

Moira

As long as Gerry is happy...and he is a big beautiful man...he needs to have fun...right?

*kicks drit*

No really...happy for them...really

Big smile that hurts.

*sigh*

Guest DonnaKat

So THAT'S the big canoodling thing the tabloids have been talking about the past few days?? I have to say, I've had casual dates before where I was doing much more canoodling than that.

Then again...we all know that I'm such a hussy.... :lmao:

Do you know whilst I am happy for him and of course jealous as hell for myself I do worry that because it has been widely reported that he has been mocked by the industry for the kind of fanbase he has if he gets in tow with an A Lister life in Gerrydom will never be the same again. Whilst I know he loves his fans and more often than not plays up to our every whim I just cant help but feel if whoever he is with does not approve of certain things in Gerrydom then he may well pull back big time. :tantrum:

I hope that does not happen but I have a feeling it will. I know we will all be respectful of whoever he chooses to be with as we all just want him to be happy but I just feel a non industry person would put up with fans alot more than an A List Hollywood actress. :unsure:

I just love the fact and will re-iterate again if it is true she is so totally the opposite of what I would have expected him to go for. She seems really nice in interviews and I expect has alot to offer and will be a challenge - lets put it this way it's not like she would use him to further her career or want him for his money. I think Gerry would be attracted to her sense of fun and she has at least lived her life to the full what with being 35 so has experience on her side. I bet she could be foulmouthed and one of the lads but at the same time all girly. She has unfortunately had some bad press what with being too clingy and stalking ex boyfriends but again that is media hearsay. I think Gerry can handle himself on that front.

Moira

She has unfortunately had some bad press what with being too clingy and stalking ex boyfriends but again that is media hearsay. I think Gerry can handle himself on that front.

Well Moira, if it's true and IF he dumps her and she is that way...we'll have to invite her to join the rest of the female world here at GALS!!! :yummy::pointy: (just kidding around and I understand your feelings ... I'm jealous too ..... :tissues::tissues::tissues: God knows why...but I am!!

hugs,

Sue

So THAT'S the big canoodling thing the tabloids have been talking about the past few days?? I have to say, I've had casual dates before where I was doing much more canoodling than that.

Then again...we all know that I'm such a hussy.... :lmao:

*COUGH* Sorry Donna, I just needed to clear my throat there. All good now.

Well, me being the opinionated one I'm finding it a bit hard to keep this clean, but I don't want my hand smacked so I'll be good, or at least try. :p He's a big boy he can date whomever he likes. Heck, it's not like he's calling me anymore! :D I'm just not a fan of her. That's it, just not fan. I am entitled to that opinion. Also, if someone be it ANYONE wanted to get to know someone and I mean REALLY wanted to get to know someone I would hope that they would find a more private place to chat than the Chateau Marmont. That's a papastalker dream. There are celebs out there (big name celebs) who keep their business private. They seem to have the secret so it's possible.

I'm w/DK on this. Before I was married, I've had more going on w/casual dates than what is shown in this video. Who knows what is going on w/them. It's their thing let them do what they want I guess. They're both adults they know what they're doing. *sigh*

Cassie