Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Swansong

Thank you Admin

I want to publicly offer my thanks to our fabulous admin and MODS for allowing moderated discussions regarding Gerry in the paprazzi. I really think it is necessary for us to have a SAFE forum, where these things can be discussed within the guidelines. As Gerry becomes better known, we are bound hear and see more press about him... some truthful and flattering, and some ugly and intrusive... but the point is, it will be unavoidable.

I would rather have the option of coming here where I can speak rationally about these issues with people I trust, than to just read about it out there in the big bad webworld.

I know it cannot be easy for the MODS to keep tabs on Razzi topics, and sometimes things do get a wee bit out of hand, but over all, I think GALS does a good job of allowing us a certain amount of freedom, but always in balance with respect for each other, and most importantly, respect for Gerry.

Thank you Dayna, Barb, Susan and the MOD SQUAD!

Swannie

I'll be honest, Swannie. If I had my way, we wouldn't allow the type of discussions we just had regarding certain "rumors." For some reason, no matter how many times we step in and say, "Play nice" ... "please note the guidelines" ... "show respect," it always manages to bring out the worst in people. "Jealousy" is not an easy emotion to rein in and it manifests itself in rude ways. Just about the time it would die down, someone would go throw gas on the fire. It's exhausting and really takes the fun out of things for those of us trying to contain the fire.

So, I'll accept your thanks and pass them to Dr. Em. It's her board. She's the one adamant about "freedom" and no oppression.

Guest greyeyegoddess

Omigosh...are we agreeing on something, swan??? LOL!

Anyways, I do love it here because of that. What's funny is that people from other sites do take advantage of our freedoms here.

I feel the need to write something as such, because of being censored somewhere else recently. It bothered me, but then it's not always rational why things are censored.

I think for the most part, it works for us. Knowing we have some freedom here, allows people to be more comfortable and respectful. We all seem to watch out for each other.

I enjoy a good, strong discussion every once in a while.

~alice

:music:

That is true, Alice. I notice also that when one of these more controversial topics are posted, fans from other sites like to poke their heads in and see what's going on. This can sometimes lead to disagreements... but again, most of our regular members make an effort to be respectful, and many of our visitors do as well.

Swannie

I know exactly what you're talking about , Swannie, as I experienced first hand last night.....I made the mistake of posting a thread about something I saw in a "gossip rag" about Gerry, in no way gloryfying it, just simply to share it to prepare ourselves for the inevitable ugly press that will rear it's head, now that Gerry is getting bigger and bigger.....within 4 posts, I was so uncomfortable and saw that it was leading to a bad situation that I asked a MOD to remove the thread.....I will never make that mistake again....and I try to not even comment about the rumors.....I also would like to thank Dayna, the ADMINS, and the MODS for all that they do to keep this site such a comfortable place to "live our other lives"....I know it must be a terribly tough job....and I thank you for the patience to deal with us when we make mistakes......I would be lost without this place..... :rose:

I think freedom of speech is a wonderful thing. I think Paparazzi are vultures. I will always remain adamant that Gerry's life is his and his privacy should be respected. I guess it is good to be able to agree to disagree on somethings rather than mot be able to discuss them.

Love,

Tracy

P.S. I find it more fun to get lost in his characters than his real life.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

I also want to thank Admin for allowing us

to view and read about Gerry in his down time.

As long as we are respectful of him, his friends,

and each other I see nothing wrong with it.

I think it is sad that people from other web sites

have to come here to see what is going on.

It's all part of the "job" but thank you for the thanks, and you're very welcome! :rose:

I will admit that the last week of posts regarding the Gerry-Cameron rumor have been a wee bit tedious. :lalala:

I want to clarify something that Tracy posted, as others may also be under the same impression. While American citizens do have the right of freedom of speech, GALS is a privately owned/operated website, with its own posting guidelines in place. As long as those guidelines are adhered to, then healthy discussion/debate is certainly welcomed and encouraged.

Amy, dinna fash yerself, lass. :hug1::rose:

It's all part of the "job" but thank you for the thanks, and you're very welcome! :rose:

I will admit that the last week of posts regarding the Gerry-Cameron rumor have been a wee bit tedious. :lalala:

I want to clarify something that Tracy posted, as others may also be under the same impression. While American citizens do have the right of freedom of speech, GALS is a privately owned/operated website, with its own posting guidelines in place. As long as those guidelines are adhered to, then healthy discussion/debate is certainly welcomed and encouraged.

Amy, dinna fash yerself, lass. :hug1::rose:

Duly Noted. I stand corrected. Actually I'm sitting. Of course we must obey site rules. I shall now say I respect everyone's freedom of speech as long as it adheres to the site's guidelines. :bow2:

Love,

Tracy :kiss:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

redroseblackribbon: I remember that thread, and I responded to you that my comments were not directed towards you at all. I guess the MODS removed the thread before you had a chance to read my message.

:wave:

just to clarify, the thread was set to invisible per redroseblackribbon's request...

Thanks, Swannie for the 'thanks' it is very much appreciated :hug:

and Songbird, thanks for your post, well-said!

Hugs to all you lovely GALS gals!

Hugs,

Barb

I want to say a thank you aswell :wave::thankyou:

I know we always wont agree with one another, but i really agree with Swannie :hugs:

i have to agree with swannie... you all showed incredible restraint, and have in past threads also, allowing posters to get their feeling out , and whennthe times was right properly and respectfully to all here, closing the thread down...

its one reason i dont go to other sites for gerry info, beause here i dont feel like im forced to simply fall in line, i come here to read about him and others, and to also TALK about what i have read.... other sites dont allow any talking...simply, they allow only praising. but im my opioion that makes for a very very dull site...

here you have provided a fairly safe place for debates, discussions, praise and yes some arguments involving jealousy... but there will always be some bad with the good.... i can tune out the bad....

thanks for having such a wonderful site... :wave:

i have to agree with swannie... you all showed incredible restraint, and have in past threads also, allowing posters to get their feeling out , and whennthe times was right properly and respectfully to all here, closing the thread down...

its one reason i dont go to other sites for gerry info, beause here i dont feel like im forced to simply fall in line, i come here to read about him and others, and to also TALK about what i have read.... other sites dont allow any talking...simply, they allow only praising. but im my opioion that makes for a very very dull site...

here you have provided a fairly safe place for debates, discussions, praise and yes some arguments involving jealousy... but there will always be some bad with the good.... i can tune out the bad....

thanks for having such a wonderful site... :wave:

:highfive:

I agree nance.This is the only gerry site i am also on xx

redroseblackribbon: I remember that thread, and I responded to you that my comments were not directed towards you at all. I guess the MODS removed the thread before you had a chance to read my message.

Donna....I indeed missed your comment before Barb made the thread invisable as I requested.....no offense taken......I just wasn't comfortable with the mood that the thread was bringing to the board.....I guess I should have thought a bit longer before posting it....no worries..... :rose:

I know it cannot be easy for the MODS to keep tabs on Razzi topics, and sometimes things do get a wee bit out of hand, but over all, I think GALS does a good job of allowing us a certain amount of freedom, but always in balance with respect for each other, and most importantly, respect for Gerry.

Thank you Dayna, Barb, Susan and the MOD SQUAD!

Hear, hear! I add my thanks as well.

Hugs,

Andrea

I've had my hand lightly slapped a couple times so I know first hand what it's like when I don't keep my opinions in check. :p I do appreciate that the threads are being monitored in such a way. Like stated above, when something controversial comes out about Gerry and it's printed there are a few individuals from other boards that come in to stir it up. I try to stay away from the choas but sometimes I dig in w/the rest and it can get a bit out of hand. Not on my end but on the thread itself. You guys are doing a good job. Keep up the good work.

Cassie

I have also had my "hands slapped" a couple of times, deservedly so. If I am in a hurry, running out the door to school or making dinner in between posts, I sometimes come across as beligerent. I don't ever want to sound or appear to sound that way. I love all the GALS and PALS here and I enjoy it immensly when I get a post to me. I feel like part of the group. If I have ever sounded 'nasty' or 'smart alecky' in a response, I beg most humbly to be forgiven. I am very sorry if I have ever sounded out of line. I truly never, ever meant to.

If I ever get my finances straightend out, I want to contribute more than a lousy $10 bucks a month to this awesome site of wonderful people. I am having a streak of bad luck right now. Lost one car to a deer :tissues: , got another car, had to replace the gas tank and radio. Doctor bills coming out of my b--t. Dr, telling me I possibly have a condition known as 'Menier's Syndrom". A dizziness condition that actually puts you in bed, it can get pretty bad. I couldn't even walk without clinging to walls!!! And sick, man what a way to lose weight. You get motion sickness without the pleasure of being on a cruise ship!!lol lol lol

Anyway, I'm sorry for anything I have ever said or implied. You GALS are super. :wuv:

Love and Huge Hugs to ALL!!! Joanna