Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Susan~Sporran

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

WELCOME to the 46th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 23 floors to go to reach 69 again!

It seems like some places it is too darned hot and others it is too darned cold so to play off the later part of the last floor we can discuss the weather - what it is or what we'd like it to be - or discuss just how HOT it is anywhere that Gerry may be! I'm sure that if he showed up in one of those areas being hit with snow and sleet it would just melt beneath those big Asics of his! Hey, maybe that's why it is so darned hot in L.A. right now! [

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Highrise #2 Floor #44 - Spring in his step

Highrise #2 Floor #45 - Deserted Island Fantasy

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Am I the first to post? Wow first time for me!! Happy Sunday everyone!!!

Peggy :wave:

I'm at least on the 1st page of the new floor. Wahoo. I'm sitting here watching "Keeping up w/the Kardashians" marathon. WTF! The sun is out but it's quite deceiving because it's actually cold out. I haven't left my house since about 2:30 pm yesterday. I haven't been feeling too well so I'm just resting up. When you have a comfortable home why leave for the hustle/bustle of the outside world. Not interested at the moment.

If Gerry were here and I didn't have a hubby we could be snuggling up right now watching a movie. I'm in the mood for no brain TV, hello look what I'm watching now. We could watch "So I think I love my wife" which is on OnDemand now. Have some hot tea and some yummy, gooey brownies and chill. He's so beefy lately which I LOVE I could fall asleep wrapped in that man. OMG!

Okay, nature is calling for the 10th time in an hour 1/2 must go. I shall return.

Cassie

Hello Ladies:

I am kinda bored today. Have house

work to do but dont want to.

Am seriously thinking of going to see

NIMS again. By myself this time. I can

perve in peace. LOL

Peggy: I love your siggie. I just finished

the first book in the series. Cant wait

for the second one to arrive. I have had

trouble finding them in our local book

stores. Kinda like the Erik, Meg scenario.

Cassie: I remember the days (kind of) when

I was always running to the nature call. But

my only child is 35 now. But I still make that

run now. See what getting old does?? LOL

I'm with you, what I wouldnt give to just

snuggle up in from of the tv with Gerry for just

one day....... :swoon:

Have a great Sunday.

Debbie

Hi everyone!

It is a gorgeous day here in Portland. Once again, all the neighbors are out and about doing yard work. Flowering trees are all in full bloom, and everyone's gardens are bursting with color. I love this time of year!

I spent most of the day in doors yesterday, despite the beautiful weather, due to my post virus asthma which is still problematic. I did get lots of writing done on my book! I am currently working on a chapter that features an entire Opera, written by the Phantom... and no it is not Don Juan, it is a completely original story with song lyrics, staging, costumes and everything. I am having so much fun! The challenge is, to make it interesting for the reader.

Anyhow, I just started my 1,000th page of Chanson yesterday!

I took hubby to see Nim's last night, and even though he enjoyed it, it's not really his kind of movie. I found that for my second time, the film really is not as simplistic as it seems. There are lots of layers to the story, and especially because of Jodie's role. I just love how the movie draws comparisons between how all 3 characters find the hero within themselves for the sake of others. Interestingly, the fictional character Alex Rover, is the one who ties the other 3 main characters together. Very cool plot.

Well today will be another writing day for me after I get some housework done, and then later this week, I'm going shopping for my Vintage Hollywood gown for the Convention!

Hugs to all... and Cassie, take it easy hun!

Swannie

Debbie, thank you on the comment on my siggy.Fran always does great work and she knows I like the Meg and Erik siggies.As for the books you will find they get better and better.You will not be disappointed I promise you.I read all 4 and started reading them a second time.You always seem to miss some things the first time or at least I do.I think it's because I'm just so anxious to find out how it ends.So the second time I can take my time and savor every word.Good reading.Enjoy your books!!

Big hugs to those who need them and those who don't as well...

Posted Image Peggy

:wave: Good Afternoon Everybody,

Taking a break from sculpture. Hands get so dry from the clay, I have to wash them them put Vaseline petroleum jelly on them and rub it in for a while, wipe it off and then go back to work. I am sculpting a practice statuette of Gerry, and it's a good thing I'm not into voodoo!!!! I have made his legs and midsection and now I am forming his chest and sides. If I was into voodoo, Gerry would be feeling very relaxed about now. I have been forming his chest now for about an hour or two. I'm using the pic of him as King Leonidas holding his spear. But, he is so gorgeous, I hope I can do him justice. The hard part is going to be his face. Trying to make it look like him is not going to be easy. But, I am working at it. That's why this is a 'practice' statuette. I'll learn how to make the clay form into how his face really looks. I have no clear pic of his back or his legs without shin gards, so I have to guess at those features, hope they are okay. But, I think his legs are not too bad. I'll post pics when I can afford my new computer.

Got a car to replace the one I 'killed' the deer with. The radio/cd player went out and the gas tank started leaking. Had it fixed, I thought! Leaked $20.00 worth of gas all over my daughter's driveway last night!!! The guys that fixed it will re-do the job and I will get a 'just' radio put back in. I have an I-Pod but, I like to listen to the radio, so cd player is irrelevant to me. But I have not had my 'new' car for more than one week. I hate cars!!!!! :tantrum: But I need it to go to school this summer. I am taking Glass blowing and Independent Study-Sculpture to learn how to do the clay statuette of Gerry as good as I can in time for the bronze pour this fall. I'll continue with the Independent and I am also going to take Glass Fusing this fall. Gotta keep busy.

I have been so busy with these projects, I have not been able to post too much. But, I love you all and miss you too.

Jo

Afternoon, galfriends! :wave:

Susan, you are right. It is always hot where Gerry is! Cassie is trying to warm us all up with her G-fantasy, too. It's only about 40 degrees here, but at least the sun is shining for a change! Hoping for 50s and clear this week so I can get out in the garden. I have a ton of perennials coming in the mail and the beds are not ready!

Hey there, Joanna! I've been wondering where you have been. I can't wait to see your sculpture of Gerry as Leonidas. That moon shot from the movie should give you a view of his back and legs (among other things, LOL). If I knew how to do screen caps I would send you one off the DVD. I know what you mean about cars, we can only afford used ones so there is always something to fix. Right now the transmission is starting to slip on our 2001 minivan...gotta make it last at least three more years.

Swannie, I'm glad to hear you are getting a lot of writing done since you are still not able to go outside. 1000 pages so far...are you looking to beat Diana Gabaldon? LOL!

Debbie, did you get to see Nim's again? I think I will go again sometime this week. I really enjoyed that film and I can't wait to buy the DVD.

Happy Sunday, Peggy! Hi Donna and jobella and anyone else I missed!

Hugs,

Andrea

Edited by annieday

Guess what I just saw??? Yup.....Nims Island! My daughter and her boyfriend went with me and I gotta tell ya he laughed more than I did....and when we left he said he is going to buy the DVD when it comes out. Not for nothing but I think since he saw Gerry in 300 he is a true Gerry fan. I don't really want to talk about the weather .....I think I already gave the weather report here anyway! Actually it started out warm but the wind picked up and it got chilly ..............so if I could get a nice cuddly Scot to curl up to :wuv: Anyway....back to the movie. I thought it was pretty funny. I thought AB did an amazing job and JF was terrific in her slap stick style role........I thought Gerry as Alex was to die for and Gerry as Jack almost DID kill me! I still think his American accent was a little rough though.the Scottish Burr came thru a lot especially when he was on the boat but after he got soaking wet......well I didn't really hear anything after that....I think I was in some kind of a trance! :drool1: And BTW.....I want a Sea Lion ! I totally got a kick out of the animals...even that mechanical ones. Anyway, there were quite a few little ones there but also more adults than I expected to see and they were not accompanied by kiddies either! All through the movie I heard a lot of laughter so I will say it was well received... I don't know who the Dummy was that gave his critique in the local paper here but he must have seen an entirely different movie that I saw today! I will admit ...it was pretty out there in some spots but so am I so it all worked out well in the end! :p

:wave: Fran

Funny story...

So I went to a male strip show at a local bar here last night and they had 3 really nice looking men. I actually preferred the least attractive man's show. Why?

Because...

His opening music was the POTO overture.

Yes. A stripper beginning his act with POTO. It was priceless.

:funnyup: I bet he still wasn't as sexy as Gerry doing Don Juan, Lish!

Glad you finally got the opportunity to see Nim's, Fran. So, your daughter's boyfriend is a secret PAL...kewl! Nim's came in 4th this weekend at the box office--not bad for a film that hasn't been very heavily promoted. Go, Gerry!

:wave:Ladyfran and Annieday,

I saw "Nim's" last week, Sunday and I loved it. Gerry is so convincing as a scientist dad and a carefree adventurer. I love that he got to use his accent as Alex. I can hardly wait for PSILY to come out. I have to go and pre-order my copy so I don't have to wait any longer to see Gerry do his 'belly roll' in person so to speak. I am NEVER waiting for anyone to go with me to see a Gerry movie again. When it's there, so am I!!!!

I just finished Gerry's chest and some of his back. :yummy: Now it's on to his arms. :drool1: It's going so well, I'm sorry it's a practice model. But it's small and I want it to be at least 10 or 12 inches high. This is only about 8 inches high. But the next one will be much better. Even my daughter said she couldn't believe how well I was doing. I have never done anything like this before. I have made abstract sculpture and mobiles, and now I am making a lamp. Oh, I made a series of 'stop signs' for art class and I asked a couple GALS how to spell certain words in their language, Spanish and Scottish. I got the spellings and I wanted them to know 'we' got two A's on the project. It was fun!

Back to work on Gerry. He would be totally relaxed from me smoothing out the clay with my fingers, if it were a voodoo doll. lol, lol lol

Joanna

Guest DonnaKat

:funnyup: You are leaving yourself wide open in so many places, Joanna...so I think I'll just say.... :lmao:

Yes, I realize I just left myself wide open as well. Have your way with me now. ;)

Frannie, I'm so glad you finally got to see Nim's Island....

Hello to everyone...I have to cook dinner but I just wanted to say that no matter how HOT it gets in Redding I'm ready to curl up and snuggle with Gerry (I mean I can crank up the air conditioning and get it real snuggling weather if I have to.)...lol

Peggy, I'm in the middle of Sadie's third book and that's why Frannie hasn't seen as much of my homework this past week :pointy:

Donna, you must be thinking the same thing that I'm thinking.... :lmao::gerrygasm:

hugs to all.

Love,

Sue

No, it wasn't nearly as hot as Gerry in Don Juan, but the music made me tingle more than the man who was shedding clothes!!!

:funnyup: You are leaving yourself wide open in so many places, Joanna...so I think I'll just say.... :lmao:

Yes, I realize I just left myself wide open as well. Have your way with me now. ;)

Listen Darlin' DonnaKat,

I am thinking very intensley about how good I am going to make this sculpture and not about who I am running my hands and fingers all over. Uhm. maybe I am thinking about my hands all over the sculpture and where my fingers are going! :thud: Oops, did I say that? Nope, I didn't say anything! I think it popped out of my head, into my fingers as they were typing. I'll punish my hands later for the naughty thoughts. But, this is great!!! It's the closest I'll ever get to running my little hands all over that awesome man's body. :heat: And just think, I have to do it several times more until I get it right!!!!! :thud:

Well back to work GALS and PALS. Love and hugs to ALL, Joanna

Guest DonnaKat

Hmmm, listening to all this talk makes me think I might want to take up sculpting. :drool1:

Irish, thank you for answerring to my post ... at the other level ;) Louise is in the second rank, just behind the teacher (and she doesn't wear shoes, she forgot them in the wings, and he danced on her feet so at a moment she speaks with him).

Tonight (at 10:15PM) I will see Nim's again, in English, so I will enyoy Gerry's voice ! In French, it's funny, the man who makes voice over has two voices too, Jack's one softly and Alexs' one with a strong accent, like the burr ... But I prefer the real Gerry's voice !

Girls, I'm already on Monday morning (4:21 AM) ... So enjoy your Sunday's evening !

Sue, I see you have the siggy you made up and running but I don't see your name under it.You did a beautiful job, let everyone know its your creation!!!

Posted Image Peggy

That's telling her Peg!! She is catching on fast but we all know how talented she is anyway...look at her Stained glass...I wish!!

Joanna........When is the next sculpting class?? And yes the first thing I was thinking while reading your post was just about the same as Donna and Sue!! :perverted:

:wave: Fran

awwww shucks Peg Posted Image....lol

Your sister is not only the greatest siggy maker but the best teacher! But I didn't think I could put my name because I made the siggy as big as I could for the space allotted for siggys.

Thank you Frannie for being so patient with me.

Benedicte, you are so welcome sweetie...I really enjoyed the video and will watch it again...now that I know which one is your lovely daughter.

Frannie, I promise you...you get your butt out here and I will teach you how to do stained glass in a week!!!!

hugs,

Sue

Sue, your siggy is soooooooooooooooooooooooooo cute ! I love it !!! And if I had undestand, you made it ! So, congratulations !

awwww shucks Peg Posted Image....lol

Your sister is not only the greatest siggy maker but the best teacher! But I didn't think I could put my name because I made the siggy as big as I could for the space allotted for siggys.

Thank you Frannie for being so patient with me.

Benedicte, you are so welcome sweetie...I really enjoyed the video and will watch it again...now that I know which one is your lovely daughter.

Frannie, I promise you...you get your butt out here and I will teach you how to do stained glass in a week!!!!

hugs,

Sue

:wave:Sue,

I saw your stained glass piece. It is sooooo beautiful. I would love to learn to do that. My daughter designed a window and a former friend of hers made it in stained glass for her room downstairs, that is just for talking and a little drinking, wine and such!!! But her other window needs to be done and I am going to take a glass fusing class in fall to try and make her a covering for the other window. If they taught stained glass making, I'd take that. I love your talent. You are awesome. And purple is my favorite color. My room is soft purple. My daughter is an earth tone gal, and when she finished painting my room, said she felt like she was in an Easter egg!!!!! lol, lol, lol

I think I have adult adhd. I have to have several things going at one time to be happy. So, learning new things is a given for me.

Love and Hugs Sue, Jo

ps. I also love your siggy. I love Kincade. His paintings make me feel cozy.

Edited by Joanna