Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Susan~Sporran

Hello,

Just wanted to pop in and say I hope all is well for you GALS this afternoon, my mom is improving, she has been breathing more on her own, they have the ventilator down to 8-13 breaths a minute which is a great improvement. They have managed to reduce the fluid on her body so the swelling is going down. She is more aware of what is going on now, they were giving her meds to block her memory so she doesn't remember anything that happened, thank goodness! It's gonna be a long road but I'm stilling not giving up that she is coming home again.

You GALS have been such a wonderful support system, the prayers are so welcomed and I appreciate it so much. THANK YOU GALS!

Much, much GERRY love to you!

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well it was a gorgeous sunny day for a change in Scotland. I hadn't been out for a few days but went to Edinburgh today and had a nice late lunch and went to see the new Hugh Jackman/Ewan McGregor film Deception. Very good indeed and a bit saucy for Hugh. Susan Sporran he was a bastardo in this film for a change and he played it well. He still has a place in my heart does Hugh. Gerry took over my affections from Hugh many many moons ago. I also saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall - very funny in places and I was in need of a laugh. Nim's opens on Friday and I'm counting down the days. Iron Man and Made of Honour opens Friday in the UK too so I have a feeling Nim's will get lost amongst all that. The trailer for Made of Honour cracked me up because part of the film is set in Scotland and there is a scene where Patrick Dempsey is participating in the Highland Games and wearing the shortest of mini kilts. The whole cinema errupted in laughter at that point. :funnyup:

Hope everybody has a nice weekend.

I'm off to bed now

Moira :wave:

Hello Moira :wave:

I reckon your right, but i have been so angry latley.As All the nims trailers i am seeing does not have gerry in them :tantrum: And i reckon when people see gerry is in it they will go see it.

I have my Prem seats for nims on friday and made of honor cant wait :woo:

Hello gals :wave:

Sorry i haven't been on latley.Lost in work again arghhhhhhh.Hope all the gals who were unwell last time i spoke to them are all well.

Of to catch up on gerry goss.

Has anyone in the uk heard when gerry is on gmtv? I am going to watch it tomorrow, thurs and friday hoping he is on.

Hello,

Just wanted to pop in and say I hope all is well for you GALS this afternoon, my mom is improving, she has been breathing more on her own, they have the ventilator down to 8-13 breaths a minute which is a great improvement. They have managed to reduce the fluid on her body so the swelling is going down. She is more aware of what is going on now, they were giving her meds to block her memory so she doesn't remember anything that happened, thank goodness! It's gonna be a long road but I'm stilling not giving up that she is coming home again.

You GALS have been such a wonderful support system, the prayers are so welcomed and I appreciate it so much. THANK YOU GALS!

Hey HL, i never realised your mum was unwell.Sending you positive thoughts and prayers :hugs:

xxxxxxxxxxxxx

Hello GALS,

Hope everyone has had a good day, my mom is in stable condition after having the surgery to move the ventilator tube from her mouth to a TRACH in her throat, she is still very weak and I hope she improves with this being done, maybe it will give her SOME comfort. It was so painful in her mouth, her mouth had dried out so bad and she would beg for water. PITIFUL!

I wish you all many HUGS!

Thinking of you and your mom and sending good wishes. I've been there too and it's hard on all involved...

Praying for you both

Hugs

'Tis a blustery evening out there tonight... if it continues tomorrow, it shall be "Windsday"! :D

I love a good Windsday! Let's just hope you don't encounter any heffalumps or woozles!

I shall hide my honey!

The wonderful thing about tiggers...

Is tigger's a wonderful thing...

Hey hotlips, good to hear about your mum... :hugs: and prayers...

Thanks for the good luck! We shall see what the fates have in store!

:hearts:

~Mel

Goodnight and when you get up it will be one day til Nim's. Yeh :yay:

I have Friday off and the first showing is 11am in Edinburgh so guess where I will be??????? :pointy:

I'm off to bed too.

Moira :wave:

Hi ladies. I just want to caution all of you: Whenever you eat anything, ensure that you chew slowly and always drink something, preferably cool or cold, as you dine...especially if the food is rather dry. I am issuing the precautionary message because I nearly choked to death a few hours ago.

I was eating a Triscuit with some cheese, and it lodged in my throat. I was gagging and raced to the sink where I actually saw stars and then felt enveloped by darkness...but I quickly thought, "I am NOT dying this way!" and upwardly pushed my clenched fist below the ribcage. Everything burst out of my esophagus and into the drain. Then I couldn't stop coughing and coughing; everything hurt like hell between my head and my abdomen. In fact, my throat is still raw.

But I'm alive and that's what counts.

The same thing happened to my sister about five years ago, but she was trying to take a rather large pill with a cup of tea. Due to the temperature of the tea, the pill swelled in her throat and closed off the airway. Thank God that my brother-in-law was home at the time because he performed the Heimlich Maneuver on her, and the pill popped out instantly.

If you're single like me and live alone, you can also press the area below your ribcage -- again, do so in an UPWARD motion -- in the Heimlich fashion on the corner of a table or doorknob if your balled-up fist doesn't work. And press/push HARD.

God, what a way to spend a day off.

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Guest Pilar

Goodnight gals :wave:

What a sweetie you are. :hearts:

Christine....how bloody awful and scary! It's weird, because I've often thought of that myself. You must have been scared out of your wits. Thank God you're ok. BIG HUGS.

'Tis a blustery evening out there tonight... if it continues tomorrow, it shall be "Windsday"! :D

I love a good Windsday! Let's just hope you don't encounter any heffalumps or woozles!

I shall hide my honey!

The wonderful thing about tiggers...

Is tigger's a wonderful thing...

Haha...that's my ringtone! I love Pooh and the gang...Tigger's my fave, though.

Guest greyeyegoddess

Christine, glad that you are ok after that ordeal.

Hotlips, I'm glad to hear that your mom is improving.

It's windy around here too...gives the chills.

Take care all!

~alice

:music:

Holy Spartans, Christine!! :hugs::hearts: I'm so glad you're okay!! YIKES.

~Mel

Wow, what a scare, Christine. I'm glad you were able to have the wits to do something to dislodge the food, I'm not sure if I'd be thinking straight in such a fright. Thank God you are OK.

Guest DonnaKat

Ditto what Susan said. I'm trained in CPR, the Heimlich Maneuver and all that stuff, but when it's happening to you it's a bit different. I'm afraid I'd go into a bit of a panic if I couldn't breathe. Thank God you're okay!

OMG! Christine:

I am so glad you are alright. I cant imagine

what that would be like to go through. :sad:

Once I did choke on a large pill, but nothing

close to your ordeal. :hugskisses:

Anna:Hope you are continuing on your

road to feeling better. :grouphug:

Well, I think my jammies are calling me.

Had a day from hell at work today.

My brain is fried...

Oh wait, that happens every time I look at

one gorgeous Scottish hunk that hangs

around here.

Nite all....

Debbie

Hello,

Have been keeping your Mom in my daily prayers Anna,

The more I believe in Angels

The more I see them all around me.

In friends, family and acquaintances.

It's amazing how much goodness you can see,

If only you believe.

"Wherever you go, whatever you do,

may God's angels watch over you."

hugs,

Anna X Posted Image

Thank you so much, gals. Hugs to all of you...and I'm glad I'm okay, too! I wasn't planning to say anything, but then I thought about the fact that it could happen to any of us...and what if we're alone at the time? I figured I'd better say something. I think my sister once said that the same kind of incident occurred on "Sex and the City," and Miranda was alone when it happened but she used a doorknob to do the Heimlich. I don't know how I managed to think clearly at all but I truly thank God that I was able to do so. After the ordeal, however, I did sit and cry for quite a while. It was one of the scariest moments of my adult life.

*WHEW*

Time to shower now. My training day at From You Flowers is scheduled for 9-5. I also thank God that this is the only day I need to arise so early. Gads, I'm so NOT a morning person.

Edited by Phantom's Muse

OMG Christine I am so glad you are okay, that is scarry.

Hi gals its michelle, I hope everyone is doing better and feeling better. I am a bit better since the fire, but its just at night I get feeling weird before I go to bed I have to check outside to make sure everything is okay. Well I got to get zach ready for school talk to you later.

hugs

michelle

Hi ladies I hope you are all doing well...Im certainly not...none have talked to me in forever but oh well. Anyways I have to go so I will see you all later.... BYE!!!!

Paige :wave:

Guest greyeyegoddess

Hey Paige! Thanks for the picture on myspace.

Hey all! Besides being Mayday, which is International Workers Day, and waking up to various picketing around, it's also a lovely day in Hawaii, called, Lei Day.

About Lei Day

by Holly Ruggiero

On May 1st Hawaiians celebrate Lei Day. Everyone wears leis and festivities include hula, music, exhibits and lie making contests. Schools crown Lei Day kings, queens and princesses.

The origin for this celebration comes from a write and poet by the name of Don Blanding who in 1928 wrote an article for the locale paper suggesting for a special day to focus on the Hawaiian tradition of leis. Another writer Grace Tower Warren suggested it take place on May 1st in conjunction with May Day. Grace Tower Warren coined the phrase "May Day is Lei Day." The first Lei Day was held on May 1, 1928. In 1929, Lei Day was made an official Hawaiian holiday.

HAPPY LEI DAY!

Posted Image

Posted Image

~alice

:music:

Cassie if you can get hold of Empire that the RocknRolla pics are in there is also a huge photo/interview layout of James McAvoy from the new Wanted film. :D

Moira

I'm getting this late. I was just at Borders Books last night. I was looking at the mags and I did see Empire but my mind went blank so I didn't look through it. :tantrum: I need to go back anyhoo to grab a cd they ordered for me on Saturday so I will look then. He's so bloody HOT! Thanks Moira!

What up girls!!!! I'm just sitting here watching my waist/belly expand. Yeah fun. Just thought I would come on and say hey to everyone. I shall return!

Cassie

Happy May Day and Happy Lei Day to all the GALS and PALS. Hi Paige, I haven't seen you post in the past week or I'd have said hi before.

Hey Joanna, where are you? I've seen you posting elsewhere on the board but we're missing you in the Support Center. Hope all is well.

Anna - Great to see you posting again, I hope you are on the mend and feeling better and stronger every day. Big hugs to you, dear lady.

Must run - tons and tons of work to finish today, and I have a fun lunch meeting with some folks we're doing business with - they've assured me it will only be briefly business and then a quick seque into just a fun lunch. Next week will be horrid - the boss will be back and preparing to leave again and my Assistant Controller is gone for training 3 days next week, and it's a payroll week (he usually does most of the payroll stuff which I will have to do - and he usually signs most of the non-payroll checks, which I'll have to do). The training is important so I encouraged him to take it, but it will mean I'll be practically living 24/7 at the office for most of next week. Just say a prayer that I don't catch a cold - I've been hoarse for 2 days, though there doesn't seem to be anything else wrong, I'm taking Airborne to fend off any germies that are trying take hold.

And this Christine is why I tell my hard headed little guy to chew slowly w/small bites. I'm so afraid he's going to choke on something it makes me nervous to see him eat. I was trained before we had our son but I have since forgotten what I need to do. A refresher course is seriously due for me and the old hubby. Glad to hear you're okay.

Cassie