Gerard Butler GALS

The Movie with Creedy

Hi Tracy, the movie is "Reign of Fire" - it was just on tv the other night. It's not my favorite Gerry movie - plus he's not in it too long. If you REALLY like dragon movies, maybe you'll like it. I wouldn't recommend buying it - check out to see when it's on tv. The character "Creedy" he plays is cute and funny (but not for too long).

Hugs,

Joanie :wave:

Oh, well I don't own Phantom it is on sale as well, my kids let me borrow it anytime I wanna, but the thing is I would like to own my own, but then again the story doesn't end where the movie does in my mind. I see Erik going off in one or two directions actually three, but none with Christine.

Love,

Tracy

P.S. Besides the Jury that I want to own with every fiber of my being. What other movies of Gerry's do Gals recommend. I prefer they not be R, but I can self censor if need be. I only own Beowulf and Grendel. I am going to get 300 soon because it is only 10 dollars. I definately have to have Nim's Island when it comes out. Because now I love Alex almost as much as Erik and i don't even know him really. :whoa:

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

the part that makes the whole movie worthwhile is the Star Wars reenactment. Gerry is adorable.

Tracy, see if you can find "Dear Frankie" - I think you'll LOVE it. A quiet, sweet,family movie. This is the movie where Gerard plays "the Stranger". I wish they would make a sequel.

Hugs,

Joanie :pointy:

absolutely "dear frankie" is a MUST own movie and tracy just going by past posts of yours i think you will fall in love with this movie...

another one i love is "Miracle Match" its based on a true story of the 1950 world cup american soccer team, and gerry plays the lead role...although it is a wonderful all around cast for the team, i really like this movie, think of it like a disney type movie based on soccer :wave: and gerry looks wonderful in a pair of wet muddy soccer shorts... :spit:

my personal fav is beowulf and grendel but im guessing you may not like the bloody sword fights ;)

I must say that I bought the Reign of Fire just because its price was reduced and I was ordering more DVDs at the same time. Otherwise, there are better films he is in. From what I have at home (so far 14 films), I like POTO, the Jury, Dear Frankie, Timeline, .... it would be difficult to rank them all, but if there is something I do not like so much, it would be the Reign of Fire and the Shooters - in bheoth of them, there is one scene worth it - and this is probably all. Of course, it is a matter of taste, but my boyfriend did not like it at all, and he is otherwise quite a big fan of sci-fi films and things like that.

I would recommend :marek: "Timeline". That one is my favorite, along with "The Jury" and "Dear Frankie". Of course,for eye-candy, Posted Image "Attila" is the one.

Liana

A dear Gal lent me Dear Frankie, but we's po and and it is a little out of my price range. My husband loved that as good as I. She lent me Attila as well and even though it is war movie. He preferred Dear Frankie. Myself I liked them equally. Gerry with that eyeliner just does stuff to me. :flee:

Love,

Tracy

P.S. Even if it is against the 10 commandments I covet owning the The Jury. Yeah, I am going to Hell. :scared: Someone said they were going to send me Timeline, but they never did. I loved it. I watched it online. i would love to own it as well.

Oh the one about Soccer sounds good too.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Tracey:

Creedy was my introduction to Gerry in 2002. :wuv: I was into Christian Bale at the time when it was in the theaters, but it was "the best friend" who caught my attention the most. I couldn't even remember his character's name, whether it was Creevy or Creedy. Of course, now I know it's Dave Creedy. :)

Okay, the truth is it's not the greatest movie ever made, and Matthew McConaughey is terrible. HOWEVER, Gerry is wonderful, and oh yes, the Star Wars scene alone is worth buying it! Gerry made this during the time he was filming The Jury, and his accent is sooo thick! The way he says "throat" makes my special places all tingly . . . :thud:

Anyway, Tracey, I watch ROF regularly, and of course, never get to the end of it . . . but he looks amazing, sounds so sexy and has all the funniest lines! Here's the best one: "There's only one thing worse than dragons . . . Amerrricans!" I cracked up the first time I heard him say it and I think everyone else in the theater was offended. :lmao:

Honey, spend the money on POTO and ROF! Oh, DF for sure . . . :lol: Just do it! (swoosh!)

Here's some incentive . . . Creedy holds a special place in my heart. :hearts:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I would recommend :marek: "Timeline". That one is my favorite, along with "The Jury" and "Dear Frankie". Of course,for eye-candy, Posted Image "Attila" is the one.

Liana

WOO-HOO!! Let's hear it for Attila eye candy!! :attila::bouncydrool:Babs

Hey Tracy, you should definitely see Timeline. I got mine over at Walmart. Also, if you have a mall near you that has a video store, that might be a good place to look as well. :marek:

Edited by Dragoness
  • 3 weeks later...

Tracey:

Creedy was my introduction to Gerry in 2002. :wuv: I was into Christian Bale at the time when it was in the theaters, but it was "the best friend" who caught my attention the most. I couldn't even remember his character's name, whether it was Creevy or Creedy. Of course, now I know it's Dave Creedy. :)

Okay, the truth is it's not the greatest movie ever made, and Matthew McConaughey is terrible. HOWEVER, Gerry is wonderful, and oh yes, the Star Wars scene alone is worth buying it! Gerry made this during the time he was filming The Jury, and his accent is sooo thick! The way he says "throat" makes my special places all tingly . . . :thud:

Anyway, Tracey, I watch ROF regularly, and of course, never get to the end of it . . . but he looks amazing, sounds so sexy and has all the funniest lines! Here's the best one: "There's only one thing worse than dragons . . . Amerrricans!" I cracked up the first time I heard him say it and I think everyone else in the theater was offended. :lmao:

Lisa

I just watched ROF and I really enjoyed it! Creedy hmmmmmmmm what do I say yum-yum sums it up!!! Love his accent, how thick it is and how the r's in Americans just rolls of of his :pant:. Funny thing about this movie was I had seen probably from the part after Creedy dies forward, boy what was I thinking lol!!!

I have managed to buy some of Gerry's movies but for the most part I had most of them for some other reason. TIMELINE was bought because I was going through my Paul Walker phase and met Gerry!!!

I have to agree with you Lisa, ROF is definately worth watching!!! Next movie........if you couldnt tell I have the house to myself well me and Gerry lol!!!

Hey Gerry Duty, where did you get your copy of ROF? I've been looking around and can't find it anywhere. *cries* The fact that my current location is in the boondocks isn't helping any. :(

I was Gerry Shopping in the Boutique (from GALS) at Amazon.com and ordered it with a few of his other movies!!!

Not a problem! Finding Gerry's older movies are harder and harder as the years go on!

GALS, if I may make a suggestion. You can find a lot of Gerry's movies on Amazon. If you can't afford the "new" DVD, consider buying "used" ones. I recently found a copy of 300 used for $6.00. I usually will buy one that is in Good or Like New condition. I sometimes even find one that is New from a second party. I have yet to buy a DVD that was scratched or broken. I've been very pleased and save a lot of money. Think about it, OK?

Suzie

By the way: Type in "Gerard Butler" on the Amazon search and it will pull up all his movies (and a lot of weird not Gerry stuff, unfortunately!). Some of the "used" movie prices are awesome!

Suzie