Gerard Butler GALS

NEW Gerry piccies on set of TUT

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't work in show business, so someone coming into my classroom taking pictures of me without my consent is a completely different story, so there's no comparison.

I am afraid it is the same thing (I even think a better comparison would be if somebody came and took pictures in your office when you are just preparing for the class - and do not do anything strictly private; in a classroom, it is already "public", you have to think about your students, how you sound, look like....).

Maybe it is not the case of exactly those pictures, they seem they know about it, but him walking and "making faces", getting off the car... It just should not be taken. :unsure:

Edited by Donnie

I don't work in show business, so someone coming into my classroom taking pictures of me without my consent is a completely different story, so there's no comparison.

I am afraid it is the same thing (I even think a better comparison would be if somebody came and took pictures in your office when you are just preparing for the class - and do not do anything strictly private; in a classroom, it is already "public", you have to think about your students, how you sound, look like....).

Maybe it is not the case of exactly those pictures, they seem they know about it, but him walking and "making faces", getting off the car... It just should not be taken. :unsure:

Sorry, hon, but I don’t see it that way. I’m not in an occupation that puts me in the spotlight and in the public eye. I may be a teacher in a public school, but I’m not a celebrity. Celebrities go into the business KNOWING what can happen; KNOWING their pictures will be taken all the time, especially if they become stars. I’m just a teacher, but not someone in the public eye all the time.

Now, I did feel bad about the pictures from the dentist’s office and lunches, etc. Those are taken on his personal time doing personal things. Those I feel bad that I looked at them (and yes, saved them), but not pictures of him working. Just different in my eyes.

Besides, who the hell wants pictures of me anyway? :lol:

I lurk a lot but had to step in here because I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE CURIOUS! :D

The bag is made by Chrome. To prove my point:

The bag's first appearance at the Waverly Inn in NYC HERE. Pay attention to the red emblem!

Then, of course, the bag HERE with Gerry on the set of TUT.

And finally, the bag HERE to purchase (notice the red emblem again?). Chrome does have a website but the camo bags, it appears, are no longer available for purchase there....

Now, if anyone can help with the book.....LOL

~SAM

Edited by ilovemyhotscot

I lurk a lot but had to step in here because I KNOW WHAT IT'S LIKE TO BE CURIOUS! :D

The bag's first appearance at the Waverly Inn in NYC HERE. Pay attention to the red emblem!

And finally, the bag HERE to purchase (notice the red emblem again?). Chrome does have a website but the camo bags, it appears, are no longer available for purchase there....

~SAM

Sam ~ No fair! You didn't need to show me that.

Luckily, it costs $145, but you know me. I’ll find it somewhere else for cheaper.

:gah: THIS . . . IS . . . . MADNESS!!!!!

Besides, who the hell wants pictures of me anyway?

I do. :funnyface:

Awwww, Donna wuvs me!!

Kez, there were pictures of Gerry coming back from a dentist’s appointment. He told the razzi photographers that he had just had two root canals. He was nice to them, but I think we believe it’s because he was all doped up on Novocain. :lol: The pics are in the gallery.

:pointy:

Edited by phoenixgirl

~SAM

Sam ~ No fair! You didn't need to show me that.

Luckily, it costs $145, but you know me. I’ll find it somewhere else for cheaper.

:gah: THIS . . . IS . . . . MADNESS!!!!!

LMAO! Yes, it's TOTAL MADNESS! The man doesn't shop at Target, what can I say? ;)

Don't kill the messenger! :lol:

~SAM

Kez, there were pictures of Gerry coming back from a dentist’s appointment. He told the razzi photographers that he had just had two root canals. He was nice to them, but I think we believe it’s because he was all doped up on Novocain. :lol: The pics are in the gallery.

[/b] [/font][/color] :pointy:

LOL

Can you give me a link? (Yes, I´m THAT curious! :p ) Or at least say when this was, approximately? Thanks!

I have to laugh because we may not personally stalk him but we know everything about all his acutriments!!!!!!ha ha LOL. I knew somebody would find about the bag!

Hey Lisa I want a photo of you too and in the hat!. I'd rather pay $145 for the bag that $125 for the hat.

Moira

Hello, ladies, I am back again - I have a short break at work - while you are (hopefully) peacefully sleeping.

Sorry, hon, but I don’t see it that way. I’m not in an occupation that puts me in the spotlight and in the public eye. I may be a teacher in a public school, but I’m not a celebrity. Celebrities go into the business KNOWING what can happen; KNOWING their pictures will be taken all the time, especially if they become stars. I’m just a teacher, but not someone in the public eye all the time.

Now, I did feel bad about the pictures from the dentist’s office and lunches, etc. Those are taken on his personal time doing personal things. Those I feel bad that I looked at them (and yes, saved them), but not pictures of him working. Just different in my eyes.

Besides, who the hell wants pictures of me anyway? :lol:

I promise this is my last post on this topic, but I feel it a little bit different. We probably all agree that pictures from purely personal life (dentist, lunches, etc.) are interference and we should not watch it. But even "work pictures" might be of different cathegories. Of course, filmmaking is mysterious and attractive for all of us who do not work in it, so we are curious, the filmmakers know it, and many pictures are taken "officially", we then watch them in different "behind the scenes" clips. But if paparazzis take pictures without the consent of the people involved, they interfere and annoy there. I think these areas are something like a backstage in a theatre - you do not go there either, if you are not part of the performance.

I do not think GB became a star to be photographed everywhere, he does not seem to be such an exhibicionist. KNOWING is not WANTING. He just likes his work, and this "publicity" might be a considerable downside of this profession to him. I do not want him to stop acting because of stupid paparazzis.

I do not think anybody would be interested in taking pictures of me either, but I just tried to imagine that, and I think must be very unpleasant. So I do not wish it to somebody I respect so much.

Well, I wish you all sweet dreams and beautiful morning! :wave::wave::wave:

Edited by Donnie

Strangely enough, I happened to find out about the bag COMPLETELY by accident.....I had seen the Waverly Inn pics and noticed the red emblem on the bag. As fate would have it, I was in the check-in line at the airport (on my way to LA for CUT) and there was a woman in front of me with a bag with the same red emblem so, of course, I could also see the brand name of the bag as well.

Now.....which hat are we talking about? LOL

~SAM

Sam, thanks for keeping us up to date on Gerry!!! Its funny how you find these things out, usually by accident. I love bags that you can just throw stuff in and go! I am anxiously waiting to see this hat as well!!

I do not think GB became a star to be photographed everywhere, he does not seem to be such an exhibicionist. KNOWING is not WANTING. He just likes his work, and this "publicity" might be a considerable downside of this profession to him. I do not want him to stop acting because of stupid paparazzis.

I don't think anyone gets "famous" to be photographed constantly BUT Gerry & any celebrity knows and understands that you can't have the good without the bad. Paparazzi is just another aspect of the business and celebs deal with it since they know it's a part of their lives now. I highly doubt Gerry would consider quitting his career due to the razzi knowing at the very beginning when he started that this could become a part of his career. If I were to get into acting today and got famous overnight(yeah right! LMAO), then I would understand as well that having my photograph taken daily intrusively or unintrusively is all part of the package. I would handle it since it's the career choice I made. Anyways, celebs make a ton of money doing what they do and I feel that the paparazzi is just a small part of what they deal with in their daily lives. Razzi don't make it easy but I'm sure the perks of being an actor or any type of celeb outweighs the bad. Why else would there be so many celebrities? LOL

Oh and with that in mind, I don't really care where Gerry is photographed at...private or public. It's not me and I didn't choose this career for him and i don't think I'd choose it for myself. He's chosen the path he wanted and has to deal with what comes to him whether it be bad or good(hopefully more good, than bad).

Edited by Chelle

I don't think anyone gets "famous" to be photographed constantly BUT Gerry & any celebrity knows and understands that you can't have the good without the bad. Paparazzi is just another aspect of the business and celebs deal with it since they know it's a part of their lives now. I highly doubt Gerry would consider quitting his career due to the razzi knowing at the very beginning when he started that this could become a part of his career. If I were to get into acting today and got famous overnight(yeah right! LMAO), then I would understand as well that having my photograph taken daily intrusively or unintrusively is all part of the package. I would handle it since it's the career choice I made. Anyways, celebs make a ton of money doing what they do and I feel that the paparazzi is just a small part of what they deal with in their daily lives. Razzi don't make it easy but I'm sure the perks of being an actor or any type of celeb outweighs the bad. Why else would there be so many celebrities? LOL

Oh and with that in mind, I don't really care where Gerry is photographed at...private or public. It's not me and I didn't choose this career for him and i don't think I'd choose it for myself. He's chosen the path he wanted and has to deal with what comes to him whether it be bad or good(hopefully more good, than bad).

I agree Chelle. We may be upset by what we view as intrusive photogs invading Gerry's space... but I'd like to see him or any other celeb put up with the shite my hubby deals with on a daily basis as a truck driver! Every job has its perks and downfalls.

Nevertheless, I'm glad things of calmed down a bit in the GB rumor mill!

Swannie

Kez ~

HERE is the link to the pics.

And HERE is the link to the video!

Lisa, I hope you don't mind my stepping in to help!

~SAM

Not one bit, sweetie!!! Thanks! :kiss:

Uhm..I love your icon!

Oh and to everyone, I love that bag. I'd definitely rather buy that than the hat, but I'm a college kid. My budget doesn't exactly fit that. Pretty much laundry, food, and soap..lol

quote name='phoenixgirl' date='Apr 21 2008, 10:45 AM' post='1195242']

Poor baby - always has the sun in his face. But still yummy, as always.

Okay, my student Eric is looking over my shoulder waiting for me to write something nasty. So, Eric, this is for you . . . .

Damn but I want that man up, down, inside out and sideways!!!

(He just ran away running telling me I'm "sick"). :lmao: And telling the whole class!!! :lalala:

But Gerry DOES look awesome!

Lisa

Hear, hear! My sentiments exactly!! And maybe a couple of new ways, too!! :yummy:

We're in a Gerry Drought!!! :cry: I wonder what's going on on the set of TUT that there haven't been any new pics. Boy did we get spoiled or what?!

The hat: The Ed Hardy red and wihte rhinestone hat that Gerry has on in one of the TUT pics. I found it for $54 on e-Bay. I bought it because it was half price. I will post a pic when I get it. Should be some time next week.

I'm kind of relieved that there have been no new pics or gossip for a few days. I hope Gerry can just do the shoot in peace. I love seeing new pics of him, but not ones where he's blowing his nose or making funny faces in prep for his day.

Swannie