Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
heISmyGspot

4/23 Lust Hurts

shirsan - in response to a question a couple of pages back - the writer, Ted Casablanca - is an openly gay man.

I don't think I have laughed so hard reading a thread before. You GALS are hilarious. I know I would be all over the man if I could get close to him. LMAO funny thinkgs in here.

Dawn

OH MY GOD!!! I'M IN LOVE WITH A NERD!!!!

Me too, me too!!! :funnyface:

:pointy: IM in love with a nerd too!!! I have always loved nerds!!! :pant:

Gerry's "alleged" pick up line reminds me of The Bellamy Brothers song, "If I Said You Had a Beautiful Body"

If I said you had a beautiful body

Would you hold it against me

If I swore you were an angel,

Would you treat me like the devil tonight

If I were dying of thirst

Would your flowing love come quench me [Gerryjuice anyone?]

If I said you had a beautiful body

Would you hold it against me?

Now we can talk all night about the weather

Tell you 'bout my friends out on the coast

I could ask a lot of crazy questions

Or I could ask what I really want to know

Now rain can fall so soft against the window

The sun can shine so bright up in the sky

But daddy always told me,

"don't make small talk"

He said, "come on out

And say what's on your mind"

Oh, I used to LOVE that song a ummm.....few years back!

I just realized something:

Look at these two words:

nerd

hero

if you just move the l from the end of the "d" to the beginning of the "n" the nerd becomes the hero!! So that means it is a straight line from nerd to hero - and back again!

why am I getting all hot and bothered visualizing Gerry with old man pants bow tie and broken glasses and a horried haircut :unsure: ACK now I see him doing a gimpy dance as well.....I am toast I say TOAST!!!

:funnyup:

You are toast because you know how the "real" Gerry is. He's so spectacular that when we see him like this, it makes us go all nerdygoofystupid.

Babs

:pointy::funnyface::pointy:

Yeah he has a way of doing things to my body and that make no sense. Actually he make me more me if that makes any sense.

I absolutely understand.

He allows us all the freedom to be ourselves - through him!

Gawd, that sounds so "religious"! No sacrilege inteneded.

Oh, I

I just realized something:

Look at these two words:

nerd

hero

if you just move the l from the end of the "d" to the beginning of the "n" the nerd becomes the hero!! So that means it is a straight line from nerd to hero - and back again!

:lmao:Leave it to YOU to figure that out!! That's why I love you so much!

None taken here! I think we all agree. I know for myself that loving Gerry has allowed me to open myself up and be more ME from the inside out! Gerry is a beautiful man from the inside out; he's helping me find the beautiful woman on the inside. He has "given" me a lot of freedom, too, Barb. You're so not alone!

Edited by phoenixgirl

Long live Gerry - the nerd or otherwise. And to all you GALs out their, I love ya (TNLW)!! What a great group to be part of. :pillowfight:

**just got back home, again, and I'm right back here!!** :dancer:

Guest DonnaKat

nerd

hero

I saw "herc" :D

I guess it depends on how you make your d :funnyface:

why am I getting all hot and bothered visualizing Gerry with old man pants bow tie and broken glasses and a horried haircut :unsure: ACK now I see him doing a gimpy dance as well.....I am toast I say TOAST!!!

:funnyup:

You are toast because you know how the "real" Gerry is. He's so spectacular that when we see him like this, it makes us go all nerdygoofystupid.

Babs

:pointy::funnyface::pointy:

Yeah he has a way of doing things to my body and that make no sense. Actually he make me more me if that makes any sense.

I absolutely understand.

None taken at all. Never even thought of it in that way. Gosh maybe I should have. I have this really bad habit of sitting in church and certain words would bring up these really em..... interesting thoughts. Submission.....spear.....lest we forget the camel that was brought in for the Christmas Program. :music:

I love the hero nerd thing. I have been on a nerd rush for two days now. Saw Nim's again yesterday and seeing Gerry as Jack...ok not a nerd but Holy Moly Momma he can study me anyday. :cunning:

I had no idea that Ted Casablanca was a misogynist.

I'd say Xenophobe or maybe even Pantophobe.

The blurb in question was very much in keeping with TC's usual style. This is also the man who "defended" G against a supposed complaint that G was boring in bed. Anyone remember that one? He was a hero then. :lmao:

...No one is more thirsty than me, TRUST ME! :lol: I live for my Gerry Juice fixes!!! This area of the state is devoid of men with sex appeal and charm and hot sexy accents and everything else that Gerry has. In fact, I showed a pic of him to the lady who owns the scrapbook store and the first thing she said was, "We don't have anything like THAT around here!".

:funnyup: Yeah? You sure about that?? :rotflmao:

Remember when peeps were wondering why G wasn't on the cover of People or being voted "Sexiest Man Alive" ?

He's not on the cover yet but he's being mentioned. And not because of anything he's done, but the company he's supposedly keeping. We're getting wonderful pics from the set of TUT. Why? Because his co-star is a media darling, as are both of the women he's supposedly been "dating".

This 'blurb' is the seamy underbelly of the kind of exposure that comes with 'rising' to the heights required by People and USWeekly etc.

I'm with Swan, I wouldn't mind at all if he slipped back down below the radar. Not gonna happen anytime soon though.

But peeps need to learn to roll with stuff like this or I predict mass cases of high blood pressure and exploding heads.

Spot you sure know how to stir the hornet's nest! This is the funniest thread I've seen in quite awhile. :lol:

That statement is very true and i read somehwhere else and never thought about it too much but where Cheryl is concerned to alot of Americans she may be more famous or should I say well known than Gerry - yes I know it is hard to believe but she has been on prime time tv for the last how many series of DWTS which is a huge ratings success and won 2 of them so is probably a household name/familiar face to alot of Americans out there.

Even though Gerry has been in the business for years and we have been wishing for the day he would finally become a household name and everyone would know what we had kown for years I just kind of wished it was more for people realising his talent than for who he allegedly dates. The only good thing is more women will realise what a hottie he is and go and see his films. So I guess there is an upside.

Moira

Amen, Sheri. Everyone kept calling out for mags to notice him, to give us info on what he was up to, and now that we are getting a taste of just that, it seems too bitter a pill to swallow for most.

Whether this is intentional publicity on his behalf, a new ploy to get his name recognized, remains to be seen, though honestly, we'll prolly never know about that either. But, we are all gonna have to suck it up. Most of us have been here for the long haul, and hopefully during that time, we've been able to spot a bit of the real man. Gerry is a phenomenal actor, but I can't imagine his ENTIRE life up to now has been an act. There has to have been some REAL points of his personality that we have seen.

So, hold onto that when shite like this comes down the pike. He's worked too hard for too long to just let it all go to he!! now...right when he may be on the cusp of really making it big.

But, then again...could THAT be the point? Could this just be a case of him shooting himself in the foot? The man is an enigma. Until it comes from his mouth, we will never know.

But, numpties like Ted C.? There is always some bitter wanna be trying to tear everyone else down. It's not likely HE could do any better with the ladies, either. LOL :kisswink:

I don't get it. I left a comment on this article and it doesn't show up. In fact NO comments show up for me. Can anyone else view the comments left by readers?

Swannie

When I click on the "comments" link, it says there are none, but does give me the form to leave one. Maybe they were getting too nasty? Compared to this article, not much would be too nasty!

Hey Swannie

I think your comments are there. I take it yours is the first one. Mine is there.

As for IListen "not much would be too nasty" - have you read todays bit on Jim Carrey, Ewan McGregor and Rodrigo Santora hitting a gay club in Miami - it is the comments Ted makes about Jennifer Aniston - do we not think Gerry got off lighty now?????????. :funnyup:

I'm off to bed now. I said that an hour ago. I'm sure Gerry will be the death of me! :funnyface:

Moira

Yeah, I finally saw the comments, and mine is the first one. Wherever I post, I always use the name Swansong. Interesting comment following mine. Gerry's fans have more haters than he does!

Swannie

I always use an alias when I post on those. :lol: I don't want any of you to know what I really think! HA! I'm always defending Gerry, but I'm not the nice, sweet GAL I am on here!

Swannie, your siggie is killing me . . .

Guest DonnaKat

it is the comments Ted makes about Jennifer Aniston

OH NO HE DIDN'T! I LIKE Jennifer Aniston!!! Grrrrrrrrrrrrr.....

He's not "sort of mean" - he is intentionally mean. It seems that is his "style" or what he is known for. I'm not sure why people like to be known for being mean - I've said that about people who post mean things on other sites as well. What good is derived by anyone from being mean (sorry but when asked in those numerous email questionaires about my "pet peeve" I usually answer that "people who are intentionally mean or cruel" is what gets to me).

I have to share this. On message board that shall remain nameless someone commented that she'd seen him in action and that Gerry was a complete dork with women he wants to sleep with and charming and witty with those he doesn't. this had me sooo laughing, cuz I can totally see that as being true.

As for this article. not worth mentioning cuz it should line my birdcage. If I had a bird that is.

You know Dawn - I can see that too. The man has always been a dichotomy in so many ways so that profile would just go to prove that even more. Doesn't it just make you love him even more (and hope that someday he is a total dork around you?)

:wuv: I totally see him being like that. I think if he was around someone he was really attracted to or liked, he wouldn't be quite as cool headed as he is with all the fans and women he's come in contact with through his career. I think he would be genuinely shy/backward around a lady he considered 'special'. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Just the impression I get too.

:wuv: I totally see him being like that. I think if he was around someone he was really attracted to or liked, he wouldn't be quite as cool headed as he is with all the fans and women he's come in contact with through his career. I think he would be genuinely shy/backward around a lady he considered 'special'. Who knows, maybe I'm wrong. Just the impression I get too.

I think if he is truly interested in someone, he would treat them with respect..I see him as a private person...and I see the media making him to be a person he might not really be. I think he is charming but can be quite a handful...altho all men can be a handful at one time or another

Gee, Posted Imagethat goes along with our nerd/hero! Edited by IListen