Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
sav8821

"No One Would Listen"

Newbie here!

I noticed the clip from POTO where Gerry sings No One Would Listen did not make the final cut of the movie. I have the 2 disc soundtrack CD and was sad to see that this song was also not included. Does anyone know if I can download it or buy a POTO movie CD with this song included? It is one of my favorite Gerry moments and his voice sounds so incredible!

Thanks!

As far as I know no version was ever released on CD. The only official version is the one sung by Minnie Driver at the end of the film. I did however download "No One Would Listen" a few months ago when I did a google search. I can't remember where I found it now, so I've just uploaded the version I have for you. You can download it from here:-

http://www.mediafire.com/?gzlmjwanyo0

I made Two No One Would Listen videos. I will put them up at savefile if you want it or the original deleted scene.

Let me know if you want me to.

No One Would Listen

This at You Tube.

How I made the video is I took the deleted scene and put it on the audio section of the my WMM and then I added the scenes I wanted in the video part. Now I turned up the volume on this one.

This is another version I made for my favorite Soap Couple with the original volume.

PM me if I can help.

Love,

Tracy

P.S. It looks like Monica already helped you. :doh: Sorry, my elevator doesn't go all the way up.

Edited by JustCallMeTracy

Monica and Tracy and everyone else who responded,

THANK YOU! I LOVE this site! I am on a train today traveling from Providence to NYC and download all the POTO music from the movie onto my Ipod and now I have this!!!!! I go into a trance listening to his voice.

:music:

Again Thanks!!!!

I only wish I could attend the conference, but I'll working in China in early June.... :tantrum:

Thank you so much touchmetrustme for telling us!!!!

I just wanted to know where should this fragment be in the movie?, i mean, between " "part and that part.

Hugs

Daian

ps: you make my day. :)

That scene was so beautiful, I wish it hadn't been cut from the film!

I don't remember hearing which part of the movie it was cut from, but I have a hunch it was after the roof-top scene. And you are most welcome, glad I could share!

Hugs,

Libby

I don't remember hearing which part of the movie it was cut from, but I have a hunch it was after the roof-top scene. And you are most welcome, glad I could share!

Hugs,

Libby

I have always thought it was right after the Masquerade. Their is a red jacket in the scene and his red death mask is on the table and he tore the rose up on the roof.

In my FF that is when Meg sneaks down to hear him singing it and ruins her dress.

I could be wrong though.

That happens often. :funnyface:

Love,

Tracy

P.S. I love that song, but I love POTO and I love anything Gerry sings.

I thought that it came after Masquerade or before Point of No Return, when he is rigging the chandelier, based on the clothes he has on. His version fits the movie much better than Minnie Driver's version, IMO. :donjuan: Obviously, it's one of my favorites.

Liana

We had a pretty good thread about this a few months ago, and MY opinion, for what it's worth, was that it was BEFORE All I Ask of You. Here's my reasoning:

When he sings "No One Would Listen", he's still in love with her. After AIAOY he's pretty pissed at her. Plus, during the Red Death scene, they play the music of NOWL when he sees her, so the assumption is that he was reliving those feelings.

But I know that the red jacket is there. I wonder if we'll ever know.

Thank you so much touchmetrustme for telling us!!!!

I just wanted to know where should this fragment be in the movie?, i mean, between " "part and that part.

Hugs

Daian

ps: you make my day. :)

In the film companion book there is a copy of the original script. After the scene where Christine and Raoul are together in the chapel and she sings about how she doesn't want to betray the man who inspired her voice, the next scene is the Phantom singing a song about unrequited love. I am guessing that is where No One Would Listen was supposed to fit in.

In the film companion book there is a copy of the original script. After the scene where Christine and Raoul are together in the chapel and she sings about how she doesn't want to betray the man who inspired her voice, the next scene is the Phantom singing a song about unrequited love. I am guessing that is where No One Would Listen was supposed to fit in.

I'm certain I've read elsewhere as well, that this is correct. Just prior to Don Juan Triumphant. They decided to cut the scene because they thought it slowed down the pace of the film .