Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixgirl

Gerry singing to you . . .

Ok, other than "Always" by Bon Jovi, which phoenixgirl and I share, my other picks would be...

Drift Away by Dobie Gray

Sailing by Christopher Cross

Making Love out of Nothing at All by Air Supply...I do love this song...

I know just how to whisper,

and I know just how to cry;

I know just where to find the answers;

and I know just how to lie.

I know just how to fake it,

and I know just how to scheme;

I know just when to face the truth,

and then I know just when to dream.

And I know just where to touch you,

and I know just what to prove;

I know when to pull you closer,

and I know when to let you loose.

And I know the night is fading,

and I know that time's gonna fly;

and I'm never gonna tell you everything

I've got to tell you,

but I know I've got to give it a try.

And I know the roads to riches,

and I know the ways to fame;

I know all the rules

and then I know how to break 'em

and I always know the name of the game.

But I don't know how to leave you,

and I'll never let you fall;

and I don't know how you do it,

making love out of nothing at all

(Making love)

out of nothing at all

Every time I see you all the rays of the sun

are streaming through the waves in your hair;

and every star in the sky is taking aim

at your eyes like a spotlight,

The beating of my heart is a drum, and it's lost

and it's looking for a rhythm like you.

You can take the darkness from the pit of the night

and turn into a beacon burning endlessly bright.

I've got to follow it, 'cause everything I know, well it's nothing till I give it to you.

I can make the run or stumble,

I can make the final block;

And I can make every tackle, at the sound of the whistle,

I can make all the stadiums rock.

I can make tonight forever,

Or I can make it disappear by the dawn;

And I can make you every promise that has ever been made,

And I can make all your demons be gone

But I'm never gonna make it without you,

Do you really want to see me crawl?

And I'm never gonna make it like you do,

Making love out of nothing at all.

Gerry singing this to me would melt me right where I sat... :heat:

April

I've decided after hearing it a few times this past few days on my local Radio Station Real Radio that I want Gerry to sing "Come up and See Me Make Me Smile" by Steve Harley and Cockney Rebel. I can just see him singing that on kareoke. :yummy:

Yes Celine I forgot all about that Another Level song. Or what about I Wanna Sex You Up I think by Colour me Badd.

Moira

I listened to my Gerry song yesterday on the way to work, and I started crying. I've realized that the song I chose really is MY song to HIM. Here's the lyrics, and I highlighted the parts that are so ME, especially when it comes to Gerry:

I'll Be - Edwin McCain

The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful

Stop me and steal my breath

Emeralds from mountains thrust toward the sky

Never revealing their depth

Tell me that we belong together

Dress it up with the trappings of love

I'll be captivated

I'll hang from your lips

Instead of the gallows of heartache that hang from above

Chorus:

I'll be your crying shoulder

I'll be your love suicide

and I'll be better when I'm older

I'll be the greatest fan of your life

Rain falls angry on the tin roof

As we lie awake in my bed

You're my survival, you're my living proof

My love is alive not dead

Tell me that we belong together

Dress it up with the trappings of love

I'll be captivated I'll hang from your lips

Instead of the gallows of heartache, that hang from above

Repeat Chorus

I've been dropped out, burned up, fought my way back from the dead

Tuned in, turned on, Remembered the things that you said

Repeat Chorus

Yeah, this is ME to HIM . . . and I wish I could bold more, but it would be presumptuous of me . . .

Edited by phoenixgirl

Desperate for changing

Starving for truth

I'm closer to where I started

Chasing after you

I'm falling even more in love with you

Letting go of all I've held onto

I'm standing here until you make me move

I'm hanging by a moment here with you

Forgetting all I'm lacking

Completely incomplete

I'll take your invitation

You take all of me now...

I'm Letting go of all I've held onto

I'm living for the only thing I know

I'm running and not quite sure where to go

And I don't know what I'm diving into

Just hanging by a moment here with you

There's nothing else to lose

There's nothing else to find

There's nothing in the world

That can change my mind

There is nothing else

There is nothing else

There is nothing else

Desperate for changing

Starving for truth

I'm closer to where I started

Chasing after you....

Letting go of all I've held onto

I'm living for the only thing I know

I'm running and not quite sure where to go

And I don't know what I'm diving into

Just hanging by a moment here with you

Just hanging by a moment (here with you)

Hanging by a moment (here with you)

Hanging by a moment here with you

I would love him to sing Haning by a Moment by Lifehouse

Man, y'all have come up with some good songs!!!!!

I think that I would love to hear him sing "Come Monday" by Jimmy Buffett. I just love that song.....

And there's quite a few I've never heard before, like that Lifehouse one! The words are amazing, Deb. I'll have to listen . . .

Lisa

:wave: Hi!!

What a lot of great choices!!

Now I don't have much time, but off the top of my head, since he's a big Doors fan, comes "The Spy" - I don't have time to type the words, but it's on You tube by mrsmorrison71 (I had to smile, I went to find out her "number" - I could remember the mrs morrison part - and the last person to post a comment apparently was sung this by her boyfriend!) Fantastic song, one of my favourites from the Doors, verrry sexy and also the comments there are all positive for a change!!!

Also "you've got a friend", the original seventies one by James Taylor - his voice and that song make me feel like I'm wrapped around my favourite teddy bear on cold snowy afternoon with a great pile of books in front of a gorgeous fireplace with a fire that is not too hot and a cat purring beside me ... heaven! But Gerry singing it to me? No need of anything else, just him and his voice -no need for a guitar Gerry! - and I'd be in heaven ......... I originally posted elsewhere that *I'd* like to sing it to *him*, It's even more true that I'd love for *him* to sing it to *me* ...

Gotta go ......

:hearts:

Sorsha xxxxxx

:wave: Hi!!

What a lot of great choices!!

Now I don't have much time, but off the top of my head, since he's a big Doors fan, comes "The Spy" - I don't have time to type the words, but it's on You tube by mrsmorrison71 (I had to smile, I went to find out her "number" - I could remember the mrs morrison part - and the last person to post a comment apparently was sung this by her boyfriend!) Fantastic song, one of my favourites from the Doors, verrry sexy and also the comments there are all positive for a change!!!

Sorsha xxxxxx

Sorsha - easy to remember the number. 71 is the year he died. :)

Sorsha - easy to remember the number. 71 is the year he died. :)

Ah ha!!! I didn't know that! And me living in the city where he is buried, too!!

Actually, my first really serious boyfriend looked a LOT like Jim Morrison, (yes before he put on all that weight!) same hair, same sexy walk(but with a nicer mouth, so I think my boyfriend was actually the more handsome of the two) and I got him a shirt with embroidery on it, like that famous one of Jim Morisson's, and we would walk up and down the Royal Mile in Edinburgh (well, pub crawls sometimes) and see how many people would do a double take as we went by!! (We knew he was dead at the time, but not how long - it was already quite a few years) It was fun .... silly things you do when you're 19!!

THAT is why I started listening to the Doors, and really became a fan ....

Thanks for the info, Lisa!

Sorsha xxxx

I've been a huge Doors fan since I was in junior high. I went through the whole "he's not dead" thing, too. :lol: Then I grew up.

So you live in Paris???? Awesome! I want to go visit his grave so badly! I heard it's pretty destroyed, though.

I would sooo love to see and hear Gerry's rendition of Light My Fire. I think Susan brought this up in her response, but we can only see it - the reporter was talking over his singing!!!! :(

I'd love to hear him sing ANYTHING!!!!!

And there's quite a few I've never heard before, like that Lifehouse one! The words are amazing, Deb. I'll have to listen . . .

Lisa

It is a beautiful song...that is a song my husband played for me one night...so it is special

Now I don't have much time, but off the top of my head, since he's a big Doors fan, comes "The Spy" -

Sorsha! This is my favorite Doors song. :heat: I am dying to make a Dracula 2000 video with "The Spy" about all the scenes with Mary, but I don't know how! :tantrum:

My husband and I have always been huge Doors fans...we have all of their albums and listen to them nearly every day.

Jim Morrison is the best!

Andrea

Edited by annieday

song....

CRASH INTO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Touch your lips just so I know

In your eyes, love, it glows so

Im bare boned and crazy for you

When you come crash

Into me, baby

And I come into you

song....

CRASH INTO ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Touch your lips just so I know

In your eyes, love, it glows so

Im bare boned and crazy for you

When you come crash

Into me, baby

And I come into you

Here is another one that I would love him to sing to me:

I knew I loved You Before I Met You: Savage Garden

Maybe it's intuition

But some things you just don't question

Like in your eyes, I see my future in an instant

And there it goes,

I think I found my best friend

I know that it might sound

More than a little crazy

But I believe...

I knew I loved you before I met you

I think I dreamed you into life

I have been waiting all my life

There's just no rhyme or reason

Only the sense of completion

And in your eyes, I see

The missing pieces I'm searching for

I think I've found my way home

I know that it might sound

More than a little crazy

But I believe...

A thousand angels dance around you

I am complete now that I've found you

:wave: Hi!

I think he'd be verrrry good at singing "Feelin' Allright" à la Joe Cocker (utubeoldiesfm at You tube) -very sexy sound - verrrry him!

LOTS of Animals songs too! House of the Rising Sun comes to mind because of the great guitar (great guitar = goosebumps!!!)

Sorsha xxxx

I wish I knew how to make videos too Andrea!! Morrison Hotel was my favourite! I loved Queen of the Highway, but just couldn't understand th elyrics - any enlightenment would be appreciated! "Save the blind tiger" .......?

Edited by Sorsha

The Doors...... that was my first true love. And I still love their music ....

song.... I would choose..... "Indian summer" for me :-)... or 'Five to one'- just for fun...

:wave:

led zeppelins live version of dazed and confused....... its 28 minutes long...... greedy arent i??? :drool1:

That would be something Nance.. :D

besides... he can play the guitar ;-))))

That would be something Nance.. :D

besides... he can play the guitar ;-))))

Actually, he can only play a few chords of one or two songs. :lol: And hopefully he won't fall asleep next time!!! :lmao:

I'm a sucker for Galway Girl. That was a great song for Gerry's voice.

I agree with Galway girl...love that song and loved the way he sang it

HEY! HEY! HEY!

Call me stupid, but I bought the PSILY (what I thought was) movie soundtrack with Gerry singing Galway Girl, but it wasn't.

I'm PEEVED!! :tantrum: Other than on the DVD (which, PLEASE GOD, make it come today), does the original movie soundtrack exist??

Barb

I'm a sucker for Galway Girl. That was a great song for Gerry's voice.

I agree with Galway girl...love that song and loved the way he sang it

HEY! HEY! HEY!

Call me stupid, but I bought the PSILY (what I thought was) movie soundtrack with Gerry singing Galway Girl, but it wasn't.

I'm PEEVED!! :tantrum: Other than on the DVD (which, PLEASE GOD, make it come today), does the original movie soundtrack exist??

Barb

There's only ONE soundtrack, and it doesn't have Gerry singing at all!!! :rant: It is irritating.

I know!!!!!!!!!!!! :tantrum:

However I *did* download from itunes the Pogues and Love You 'Till The End" which is less expensive (there speaks the Scot) and much better than nothing!! In fact, I'm listening to it now ...

That was the part in the film where the flood gates broke for me, when Holly got out of bed and there was Gerry, singing this ...... Heartbreaking .... Actually, having Gerry sing that to me (yes, Gerry, you *can* forget the guitar again!) would probably be one of the most thrilling things of my life, come to think of it ...... :cloud9: "Why don't you just take me where I've never been before" ........ " I just want to feel you when the night puts on its cloak ...."

My God, I'm lost for words too ...... :thud:

Lisa, I don't know what Jim Morrison's grave looks like. I've always heard that there are *always* *hordes* of tourists around it, and I didn't want to be one, it would have felt a little bit goulish .... Maybe on a very rainy day, I will go when there may not be a crowd (yes, even after all these years there are always flowers and a crowd!!)- I'll put a flower for you too - until you can come and do it yourself :) (I'd LOVE to see you here!!!)

Sorsha xxx

Edited by Sorsha

However I *did* download from itunes the Pogues and Love You 'Till The End" which is less expensive (there speaks the Scot) and much better than nothing!! In fact, I'm listening to it now ...

Lisa, I don't know what Jim Morrison's grave looks like. I've always heard that there are *always* *hordes* of tourists around it, and I didn't want to be one, it would have felt a little bit goulish .... Maybe on a very rainy day, I will go when there may not be a crowd (yes, even after all these years there are always flowers and a crowd!!)- I'll put a flower for you too - until you can come and do it yourself :) (I'd LOVE to see you here!!!)

Sorsha xxx

Sorsha:

I would love to come to Paris, but sadly, it's just too expensive right now to travel! But he's buried at Pere' La Chaise, and there is always a huge pilgrimage of fans. I think - I think - it's been restored but I'm not sure. If you do go, PLEASE put a flower for me!!! :thankyou: I wish he had stayed around long enough to know how much he really WAS appreciated. He never knew . . . :crybaby:

If you really want to be blown away, download RUSSELL CROWE singing, "Love You Til the End". Oy vey! That was where I first heard it. Didn't even hear the Pogue version until PSILY. :lol: But to have GERRY'S version! That would be the best. Maybe they'll come out with a director's version of the DVD. :wuv: If only Gerry wasn't so self-conscious about his voice. Damn critics. :tantrum:

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

Sorsha xxx

Sorsha:

I would love to come to Paris, but sadly, it's just too expensive right now to travel! But he's buried at Pere' La Chaise, and there is always a huge pilgrimage of fans. I think - I think - it's been restored but I'm not sure. If you do go, PLEASE put a flower for me!!! :thankyou: I wish he had stayed around long enough to know how much he really WAS appreciated. He never knew . . . :cry:

If you really want to be blown away, download RUSSELL CROWE singing, "Love You Til the End". Oy vey! That was where I first heard it. Didn't even hear the Pogue version until PSILY. :lol: But to have GERRY'S version! That would be the best. Maybe they'll come out with a director's version of the DVD. :wuv: If only Gerry wasn't so self-conscious about his voice. Damn critics. :rant:

Lisa

I know he's in Père La Chaise, I just can't quite bring myself to go ...

I saw a perfectly horrible bit of footage on You Tube of his grave, (very goulish, voyeurish, horrible-ish!!!) I don't know quite how I came accross it

I will definitely put a flower for you if I go, though, Lisa - but maybe the dollar will take a turn for the better soon and you'll come yourself?

I'm off to listen to Russell Crowe!

Sorsha xxxx

If you really want to be blown away, download RUSSELL CROWE singing, "Love You Til the End". Oy vey! That was where I first heard it. Didn't even hear the Pogue version until PSILY.

Lisa[/b][/font][/color]

RUSSELL CROWE!!!???? (My former #1 man??)

Whatchoo talkin' about, Willis??

I know his musical backgroune, but had no idea he sang that!

Where can I hear it, Li? (She says sadly.... because she has no iPod....)

Babs