Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
phoenixgirl

Gerry singing to you . . .

Ooh, I LOVE classical guitar!!! I'll have to check that out, too!

To have Gerry play the guitar and serenade me . . . I think I would just die. I'd be happy, but I would die. :thud:

In one of my FANTASIES, i see Gerry singing to me on our wedding day. Of course i reciprocate but i haven't yet decided on the song that i would sing for him. The song i imagine him singing is YOU DECORATED MY LIFE- Kenny Rogers

You Decorated My Life lyrics

All my life was a paper once plain, pure and white

Till you moved with your pen changin' moods now and then

Till the balance was right

Then you added some music, ev'ry note was in place

And anybody could see all the changes in me by the look on my face

And you decorated my life, created a world where dreams area apart

And you decorated my life by paintin' your love all over my heart

You decorated my life

Like a rhyme with no reason in an unfinished song

There was no harmony life meant nothin' to me, until you cam along

And you brought out the colors, what a gentle surprise

Now I'm able to see all the things life can be shinin' soft in your eyes

And you decorated my life, created a world where dreams are a part

And you decorated my life by paintin' your love all over my heart

You decorated my life

I love country music but i also I love, love, love anything from the soft rock genre!

I would love to be a fly on the wall at Villa (that's the only way i could get into a joint like that) to hear Gerry singing on Karaoke Night. I always imagine him singing something soft rock-ish like "Look Away" or "I Dont Want To Live Without Your Love" by CHICAGO (one of my favourite groups of all time)

Okay, I'm not a country music fan, but even this rocker can admit a good song when she hears one.

God bless Garth Brooks:

If Tomorrow Never Comes

Sometimes late at night

I lie awake and watch her sleeping

Shes lost in peaceful dreams

So I turn out the lights and lay there in the dark

And the thought crosses my mind

If I never wake up in the morning

Would she ever doubt the way I feel

About her in my heart

(chorus)

If tomorrow never comes

Will she know how much I loved her

Did I try in every way to show her every day

That shes my only one

And if my time on earth were through

And she must face the world without me

Is the love I gave her in the past

Gonna be enough to last

If tomorrow never comes

cause Ive lost loved ones in my life

Who never knew how much I loved them

Now I live with the regret

That my true feelings for them never were revealed

So I made a promise to myself

To say each day how much she means to me

And avoid that circumstance

Where theres no second chance to tell her how I feel

*chorus*

So tell that someone that you love

Just what youre thinking of

If tomorrow never comes

Yup. I wouldn't mind hearing Gerry sing that to me!

There's another one by someone else, and for the life of me I can't think of the name, any lyrics or the music, but I do remember hearing it about 4 years ago and wishing someone would sing it to me. It was sung by a man. Yeah, that's a big clue! LOL

And by the way, most of us probably have that same FAntasy! :hug1:

Edited by phoenixgirl

I will! Any kind of good guitar is good! (That's seems to be becoming my motto!) Ooh!! Carlos Santana and Rob Thomas - "Smooth"!!! LOVE that voice! LOVE that guitar! VERY yummy!! Did you ever see/hear Bryan Adams, Sting and Rod Stewart (3 seeeexy voices, if you like that kind - as I do!) sing "All For Love" from the film the 3 Musketeers? Gorgeous!

And talking of sexy voices, I said on the other thread (the one 'What would you like to sing to Gerry?'), that "Why Should I Cry For You" would be a good one, but I don't have that so sexy husky voice... Ah! Maybe I could sing it all breathy, like Marilyn did for JFK ? - only not hamming it up!!! LOL!!!!

How does one cultivate a sexy singing voice, please, anyone? CAN you cultivate it or do you have to be born with it? That is the question ...

Sorsha (and assorted guitar-loving gals),

try anything Otmar Liebert as well. Hard to describe. Acoustic, contemporary but with an ethnic-classical flair. Very good!

Santana = Musical genius

Adams, Sting, Randy Rod (OMG, those gravelly voices..) All for Love -- YEEEEEEEEESSSS!!

Sexy, Husky Voice (as a former singer, oh, and SingerGirl - chime in here) you need to be born with it or hope you get one after your tonsils are removed! Then you need to realize you have one and work with it.

But a lot has to do with it coming from your soul. Singing is their life, meaning, they can't exist without singing. It's in their souls; it's who they are - you really can't teach that. You can improve what you're gifted with, but unless you live it every day, it will never sound as genuine as Marilyn, or Rod, etc.

Which is why I can't sing for shite.

But I do appreciate music! Not a big Rod Stewart fan, but I do love that song from the Three Musketeers.

Guest Winter Angel

Hey how about Carlos Montoya? Yeah I know he passed a few years ago but he is still a great guitarist.

Another song I would like Gerry to sing to me would be Come Away With Me. (Well maybe both sing and dance to :wuv: )

Lyrics

Come away with me in the night

Come away with me

And I will write you a song

Come away with me on a bus

Come away where they can't tempt us

With their lies

I want to walk with you

On a cloudy day

In fields where the yellow grass grows knee-high

So won't you try to come

Come away with me and we'll kiss

On a mountaintop

Come away with me

And I'll never stop loving you

And I want to wake up with the rain

Falling on a tin roof

While I'm safe there in your arms

So all I ask is for you

To come away with me in the night

Come away with me

I hope you don't mind my popping in here, but I would just adore the idea of Gerry singing "Slave to Love" by Bryan Ferry!!! Oh dear... *passing out*

I always imagine him singing something soft rock-ish like "Look Away"

I have to do this...

"When you called me up this morning, told me 'bout the new love you found, I said I'm happy for ya, I'm really happy for ya"

I'm holding back...I could sing every word!!! I love it!

maybe Make You Feel My Love by Bob Dylan

I would be happy if Gerry hummed Twinkle Twinkle Little Star...it matters not

For all the ladies that enjoy guitar music I would suggest, especially to Winter Angel that enjoys Spanish guitar, Vicente Amigo a young Spanish flamenco guitar performer; he plays with all his soul:

Tres notas para decir te quiero (Three notes to say I love you)

SoleĆ” (it is a type of flamenco)

And about Gerry singing to me ... "You had me from Hello", the Kenny Chesney song, would be a good option. If he sang that to me looking into my eyes I would have to surrender :whiteflag::wuv:

One word, that's all was said,

Something in your voice called me, turned my head.

Your smile captured me, you were in my future as far as I could see.

And I dont know how it happened, but it happens still.

You ask me if I love you, if I always will.........

Well, you had me from "Hello"

I felt love start to grow the moment I looked into your eyes,

You won me, it was over from the start.

You completely stole my heart, and now you won't let go.

I never even had a chance you know?

You had me from "Hello"

Inside I built a wall so high around my heart, I thought I'd never fall.

One touch, you brought it down

Bricks of my defenses scattered on the ground

And I swore to me that I wasn't going to love again

The last time was the last time I'd let someone in

Well, you had me from "Hello"

I felt love start to grow the moment I looked into your eyes,

You won me, it was over from the start.

You completely stole my heart, and now you wont let go.

I never even had a chance you know?

You had me from "Hello"

Thats all you said

Something in your voice calls me, turns my head

You had me from "Hello"

You had me from "Hello"

Girl, I've loved you from "Hello"

:thud::cloud9:

Edited by Anesidora

I know i am a little late to jump on this bandwagon- but

When I wanted and upbeat song I would love to hear him sing

Lovin' You is a man's job -Bruce Springsteen

for more mellow times it would be

More than this- Roxy Music

(Galway Girl came on as I was typing this post- could this be a sign?!!)

Edited by gindolin

The number 6 song on the Hinder: Extreme Behavior CD (Better Than Me) because I could totally relate it to the Phantom being sorry for all of the pain and misery he caused Christine. Some of the lyrics are this time period, but I could mostly relate this song to the Phantom. I know, I know, I'm totally obsessed over POTO, and I'm proud of it.

On this board, there's no such thing as being late for posting in a thread. :D Whenever you find it is when you post . . . we're just glad so many of the new members are finding these fun threads and responding! :pointy:

I think I would have to add Music of the Night to my list. That and "I Don't Want To Miss A Thing" by Aerosmith. SIGH. That man could sing the ABCs and I would swoon.

Ooh, couldn't you see him on Seseme Street singing with Kermit or something? :lol: You KNOW Miss Piggy would be all over him! :lmao:

Lisa

:wuv: :wuv: :wuv: :wuv:

I would agree with Susan on "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face"

Laxmom on"At Last" Etta James (She's going to play in LA in August with Nutini)

and anything Barry White I guess

However; he could sing the grocery list and I would be like yes, that's what every Gal needs, men's shaving cream yes, I will go now and get it.... :blush::woohoo:

Sorry if this is a repeat (I didn't read the whole thread...) but I'd fookin' LOVE to hear Gerry singing "Let's Get It On" by Marvin Gaye.

:thud:

Edited by Marissa

Barb, there is something wrong with this picture. You think a deranged murderer is hot? And you're not even talking about POTO? :lol: If this is a line from 3:10 to Yuma, then I understand. Russell was smoking in that film! He can't hold a candle to Gerry in looks, though, IMO. He's a great actor, nonetheless.

ANNIE!!

He was a Commander of Roman Legions (my heritage!!) not a deranged murderer!!

You missed the premise that he was royally F*****d by Commodus and had lost everything important to him. He didn't give a damn what he did at that point; he was ready to die if it happened.

AND he was a formally-trained Roman Legionary - a military man whose job for the empire was to conquer.

He was so good at what he did and couldn't believe people were entertained by senseless killing, so he just gets it over with as fast as he can - it's his form of a snub. It's not the killing I was taken with, it was the the reasons he did them and how he felt about the callous world around him. He told Marcus Aurelius the amount of days left to go home to his farm and his family - he was ready to quit the army w/no regrets. And then to lose it all?! I'd don't know what I'D do in that situration.

I'll see 3:10 if you see A Beautiful Mind - he should have gotten another Oscar for that.

ABSOLUTELY AGREE that he's nowhere near Gerry in looks.

:wuv: Babs

We crossed lines here somewhere. Sorry, Barb. I assumed the quote you gave was from 3:10 to Yuma--that Ben character that Russell Crowe played in 3:10 was a deranged (but sexy as all get out) murderer, not the one from Gladiator. I totally agree with you about the justice of his character in Gladiator. And I loved A Beautiful Mind--definitely agree that RC should have gotten another oscar for that role.

Sorry for the confusion.

Andrea

Okay... I have been reading a lot of threads that I have never seen... And having a blast!!!

I have to post to this one!! I love music... and I love Gerry's voice!! It is so Rock 'n Roll...

rough, deep and sexy!!

So I sat here and I thought, and I thought and I sat here... And here are the selections that I have chosen for him to sing:

Love me two times- The Doors

Figured you out- Nickleback http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftumD_O9A1o

More than Words- Extreme http://youtube.com/watch?v=viQWJUoRG50

Dolphin's Cry- Live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6Bx6n16xA (I just made this video for the affect)

Black- Pearl Jam

Now tell me that those are not hot selections for Gerry to sing!!! :drool1:

Okay... I have been reading a lot of threads that I have never seen... And having a blast!!!

I have to post to this one!! I love music... and I love Gerry's voice!! It is so Rock 'n Roll...

rough, deep and sexy!!

So I sat here and I thought, and I thought and I sat here... And here are the selections that I have chosen for him to sing:

Love me two times- The Doors

Figured you out- Nickleback http://youtube.com/watch?v=ftumD_O9A1o

More than Words- Extreme http://youtube.com/watch?v=viQWJUoRG50

Dolphin's Cry- Live http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aj6Bx6n16xA (I just made this video for the affect)

Black- Pearl Jam

Now tell me that those are not hot selections for Gerry to sing!!! :drool1:

NanLynn,

I have to agree with you on Pearl Jam's Black. It is one of my all time favorite songs and I also have a little thing for Eddie Vedder but let's not tell anyone else I said that! LOL

Chrissy

Yeah, Eddie Vedder is hot... And he is really nice... I used to see him all of the time when I used to deliver Grand Central bread in Seattle. He is quick to say hi and give a smile... Especially when I was bringing fresh bread for his favorite sandwich!! *LOL*

Besides, Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands... They Rock!! I love all of the grunge bands, but I think that it is a Seattle thing... I was born and raised there... But now I am out here in the mid west... I always represent Seattle... I am a West Coast girl through and through!!!

Can you imagine Gerry singing Black??? His voice is perfect for it... and the song is full of raw emotion! Makes my heart beat fast just to think about it!!!

Yeah, Eddie Vedder is hot... And he is really nice... I used to see him all of the time when I used to deliver Grand Central bread in Seattle. He is quick to say hi and give a smile... Especially when I was bringing fresh bread for his favorite sandwich!! *LOL*

Besides, Pearl Jam is one of my favorite bands... They Rock!! I love all of the grunge bands, but I think that it is a Seattle thing... I was born and raised there... But now I am out here in the mid west... I always represent Seattle... I am a West Coast girl through and through!!!

Can you imagine Gerry singing Black??? His voice is perfect for it... and the song is full of raw emotion! Makes my heart beat fast just to think about it!!!

Oh and I always loved Soundgarden (I have a Chris Cornell thing too!) I am beginning to think there is something wrong with me. LOL . I never could stay away from the "bad boys".

And I love your new siggie.

I assume that you have other things to do, but for us "creatively challenged" people out here could you please make more siggies? I missed out on the Pirate Party and didn't get any BOOTY!

Edited by phllygrl65

O Soave Fanciulla from La Boheme....he'd have to work on his vibrato and perhaps I could be the one in the brass bra and horns....ooops sorry that The Ring by Wagner......don't ya just hate it when you confuse your operas?

O Soave Fanciulla from La Boheme....or Nessun Dorma from La Boheme he'd have to work on his vibrato and perhaps I could be the one in the brass bra and horns....ooops sorry that's The Ring by Wagner......don't ya just hate it when you confuse your operas?

Edited by Azemath

Don't you worry, phllygrl! I am in the process of making new siggys... Might be a day or two but I will have some, you cute little piggy!!!

Soundgarden is awesome!! I also love Alice in Chains... Was pretty good friends with Layne Staley, broke my heart when he died!! He actually went to prom with one of my friends!! He was all cute with his fluffy cotton candy glam rock hair and pink and black tux!! *LOL* Ahhhhhhh! Memories of home!! I can still see him playing his little heart out at the Music Bank. *sniff* I miss him so much!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZFWkPVHKwCY In memory you of you my friend... I miss you.

Edited by NanLynn