Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
Chelle

Gerry's NYC apartment finished

Is this really his apartment?! Not a *HOUSE*?! *lol* It looks very nice. I wish I could see it one day.

Actually it's a two story loft with a roof garden at the top of a building in Chelsea.

:D:wuv:

Actually it's a two story loft with a roof garden at the top of a building in Chelsea.

Okay, I missed THAT! What article or whatever says that?!

I still think it's hysterical that we effed up the site!! :lmao:

I'm so excited about making the book for Gerry. I've decided that I'm using a small board book and I'll just make it the best I can for him. I have NO CLUE how or when I'll get it to him, but I can't make it for me. This is all about the MAN.

So, the more info anyone can give me, the better! All help appreciated!

:hearts:

A HUGE thank you to irish and becozy for sharing those pics!!! :kiss:

His place looks absolutely amazing!!!!!!! I think it fits Gerry very well......

:D

~SAM

You are welcome Sam...but actually the thanks goes to Gerry...because I'm certain that he had to approve having his home shown on the internet like that and I really believe that he wanted to share a bit of himself with us~ So thank you Gerry...from the bottom of my heart!!!!!

Hodari, I know how you feel sweetie...I was born in the Queens and spent my young childhood on Long Island (in Farmingdale).....now I'm in California (where I have been for a long time now)...but New York will always be "home" to me.

hugs,

Sue

Sue ~ you're so right but thank you for giving me the opportunity to see them because I haven't been able to since the site's crashed! :lol:

Is this really his apartment?! Not a *HOUSE*?! *lol* It looks very nice. I wish I could see it one day.

Marg ~ you're a wellspring of information!!!

~SAM

Hey Ladies! The site is back up and running.

There is only one thing missing in his lair...some of my lace. tehe

Sally

What a magnificent home Gerry and his desginer have created, a true Phantom's Lair. And blast if it doesn't look large enough for a Gerry and his GALS party!!!

I'm so excited about making the book for Gerry. I've decided that I'm using a small board book and I'll just make it the best I can for him. I have NO CLUE how or when I'll get it to him, but I can't make it for me. This is all about the MAN.

Actually this goes way back right after POTO when he bought it with the money earned from that movie. I don't have a link to any articles, but if you look back you may find it. He talked about it back then. Evidently the loft was gutted, but really not worked on much until about a year and a half ago.

:wuv:

That is just gorgeous. I love the walls.

Love,

Tracu

Actually this goes way back right after POTO when he bought it with the money earned from that movie. I don't have a link to any articles, but if you look back you may find it. He talked about it back then. Evidently the loft was gutted, but really not worked on much until about a year and a half ago.

:wuv:

Thanks, DS. I'll check that out.

Okay, been doing a little thinking . . . not making the book for him. That was kinda stupid and too fanish on my part.

But I am looking on the net at different Mediterranean style bedrooms. I can SOOOO picture him in this, the doors leading out to the roof . . .

See me????

Yep Lisa

I can so see him with that kind of bedroom and me in it ha ha :funnyup:

I just can't get the thought of him eating cereal and walking nekit across that apartment out of my mind - damn you spot :funnyface:

Moira

Now that the website is back up, you can right lick and zoom in to make the pictures larger. I just noticed the fresco on the ceiling of the entry hall. Gorgeous! Also, the room through the double doors (by the entry) looks like an office . It looks like there is a printer next to the the exit. I'm still wondering what could be through the lovely double doors by the TV. Powder room, maybe? Snog Pit?? Storage room for Gerry's leather jackets?? Hummmm......

You can also right click and hit play and it slows it way down also.

Now that the website is back up, you can right lick and zoom in to make the pictures larger. I just noticed the fresco on the ceiling of the entry hall. Gorgeous! Also, the room through the double doors (by the entry) looks like an office . It looks like there is a printer next to the the exit. I'm still wondering what could be through the lovely double doors by the TV. Powder room, maybe? Snog Pit?? Storage room for Gerry's leather jackets?? Hummmm......

I think the room off the entry with the double doors is actually a powder room. The office is to the right of the TV through the arched doorway. I don't know what is behind the double doors to the left of the tv. It almost looks like a hallway -- maybe the master and guest bedroom? It's so hard to tell b/c of the circular camera shot. It doesn't give you the real feel of the layout. Relators use this kind of camera all the time so that you can view rooms on the web, but it really distorts the layout IMO.

:wave: Hi!!!

WOW!!!!!! Once again I have missed a LOT!

Thank you Chelle so much for starting this thread ....

Thank you Gerry for letting us have these little peeks at your home....

Can you imagine going off the the supermarket one day, or going off to work and when you get home there is Gerry moving in, one floor up ???!!! :thud:

I love the place. It suits Gerry to a T - or at least what I imagine hime to be like :) Personally, I think the chandeliers are supposed to be a little joke, a souvenir of POTO, especially since there are three different ones above the dining table .... not the sort of thing you would do if you were being terribly "designer-y" serious about them!

As for it looking italian, well to me, Gerry looks very very happy, very very relaxed in all the photos we can see of him in Italy, so maybe that's why he wanted an italian feel to the place? I think it has a welcoming feel to it, perhaps because of the "darkness" that some of us see in it - but I just love "dark" places, so maybe that's just me ... ?

Sue!! I can't get that manip out of my head!! Although I truly think that seeing him walk around in pyjama bottoms (silk, dark blue, with a drawstring, and just showing off those little dimples when he walks away) is a more sexy image .... especially if they seem to be on the point of falling off .... LOL

I had to edit this because my fingers got a little frenetic typing about pyjama bottoms falling off!

Sorsha xxxx

Edited by Sorsha

Can you imagine going off the the supermarket one day, or going off to work and when you get home there is Gerry moving in, one floor up ???!!! :thud:

I love the place. It suits Gerry to a T - or at least what I imagine hime to be like :) Personally, I think the chandeliers are supposed to be a little joke, a souvenir of POTO, especially since there are three different ones above the dining table .... not the sort of thing you would do if you were being terribly "designer-y" serious about them!

As for it looking italian, well to me, Gerry looks very very happy, very very relaxed in all the photos we can see of him in Italy, so maybe that's why he wanted an italian feel to the place? I think it has a welcoming feel to it, perhaps because of the "darkness" that some of us see in it - but I just love "dark" places, so maybe that's just me ... ?

Sue!! I can't get that manip out of my head!! Although I truly think that seeing him walk around in pyjama bottoms (silk, dark blue, with a drawstring, and just showing off those little dimples when he walks away) is a more sexy image .... especially if they seem to be on the point of falling off .... LOL

I had to edit this because my fingers got a little frenetic typing about pyjama bottoms falling off!

Sorsha xxxx

Dark blue silk pj bottoms --almost falling off??? Sorsha, you are killing me. Thud.

Dark blue silk pj bottoms --almost falling off???

:fook: That durn darn did it. GJewel smacks her face on the keyboard on the way to the floor. :swoon:

Sorsha xxxx

......*thud* :thewoman:

I read somewhere that the condo is 2 stories and I would imagine the bedrooms are upstairs..

:donjuan:

Guest Nay

I'm still green here but may I make some generalisations/assumptions please?

a) A professionally decorated/designed abode will reflect the personality of the owner (as you've all said) but perhaps also of the designer ???

b) It has a "heavy" feel to it for me but that doesn't mean it's not comfortable, accessible and natural also;

c) I'm glad we don't see the more private areas and items (some things need to stay a mystery);

d) Only one person has to live in the finished product.

Thanks for letting me post my thoughts.

Nay

I agree Nay...only Gerry's opinion actually matters in the end and I too am glad we didn't get to see the more private things...like Gerry's bedroom with his clothes strewn all over the place (but then again :drool1: )...lol...nah, he is definitely entitled to some privacy!

btw...Posted Image to GALS!

hugs,

Sue

I read somewhere that the condo is 2 stories and I would imagine the bedrooms are upstairs..

My master bedroom is on the main floor, so that isn't necessarily a given. One can only guess.

I don't want to take away his privacy, but I sure would like to see how the bedrooms and the garden area tie in with the rest of the house, the design and architecture, not the personal stuff. I already have a visual in mind.

Sally

Edited by cybrsal

Guest Winter Angel

OMG!!! :swoon: I finally was able to see the Pics of Gerry's home. It looks alot like my BR. I love it! Dark, Seductive, Mysterious, I honestly think it fits him. I have to agree that some things need to be left alone. Thank G-d they didn't show his BR! I would've felt like I was where I wasn't supposed to be.

Thank you Gerry for allowing us to get a glimps of your private world!!!!

BTW, :welcome: Nay. You will love it here!

I only want to see the private places of his home if he chooses to invite me into them, and that is only going to happen in my dreams, not in reality. I'd love to know what is behind the door to the left of the TV, that is intriguing.

Guest Winter Angel

I only want to see the private places of his home if he chooses to invite me into them, and that is only going to happen in my dreams, not in reality. I'd love to know what is behind the door to the left of the TV, that is intriguing.

I second that. Off to dream world I go.... :drool1:

I feel bad b/c I'm coming in so late to the discussion & haven't had a chance to read the whole thread, but what a stunning design. Intriguing, just like Gerry... :wuv: