Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry's NYC apartment finished

Chelle

When I first saw pictures of Gerry's apartment, my first thought was romantic, sexy, old world and very masculine but very cozy, warm and welcoming. I was intrigued witih the mural on the ceiling. I believe it's a depiction from Greek Mythology. I thought that the chandeliers and drapes were inspired by The Phantom of The Opera and the winding staircase like the one in the lair. I like the Earthiness and rough hewn look. I like the galley style kitchen that is modern but seems to blend in with the old world theme and not detract from it. Very functional. I like open.

Many of these loft spaces in NYC were old storage warehouses, etc. Some were converted by knocking out the walls and making one big living space. It would be interesting to see what this space was once upon a time long ago.

Hope we get to see his LA house one day.

Delene

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I love the dark colors and openess. different types and styles of wood and leather material. the only part I don't like is the kitchen-i do love the openess though.

it feels like a mini castle with modern and old mixed together.

We women like large kitchens even if we don't cook in them, bwah.

Hi Lavender,

So true but I don't mind cooking and when my house was built I should have gotten a bigger kitchen. Oh well, next house the kitchen will be alot bigger. People tend to mingle in the kitchen area.

Cheers themis380

Hmmm......I think I like it, but some of the stuff I'm not sure about. I look at it one minute and enjoy it, and the next minute I'm on the fence. I think it's just such a bachelor pad. It's very nice, but it almost seems kind of cold, and I'm not talking like 'he has no soul' type of cold, but chilly.

All the Castles that I've been too, are very drafty. They are interesting but big, impersonal, and drafty.

As for the kitchen...lavendar there are so many things that you can do in a kitchen that have nothing to do with cooking! :wuv:

D

Hmmm......I think I like it, but some of the stuff I'm not sure about. I look at it one minute and enjoy it, and the next minute I'm on the fence. I think it's just such a bachelor pad. It's very nice, but it almost seems kind of cold, and I'm not talking like 'he has no soul' type of cold, but chilly.

All the Castles that I've been too, are very drafty. They are interesting but big, impersonal, and drafty.

As for the kitchen...lavendar there are so many things that you can do in a kitchen that have nothing to do with cooking! :wuv:

D

Well D you mean "cooking" of a different sort, bwah.

And yes Themis380, kitchens do tend to be the big mingling centre in a home.

Edited by lavender1960