Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Dear Donna,

Whatever has happened I am so sorry...it would be devastating to me if you left...so pretty please...DON'T even think about it...

hugs,

Sue

Same here Donna, sorry you have been made to feel this way, :wuv:

hugs,

Anna X

Is it me or has something changed? Why can't I see a continous page of posts, my eyes are all a goggle!

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Winter Angel

Donna,

I am sorry you feel that way too. Your posts made me smile. Please don't stop. :comfort: You will be missed.

:hugs:

Angel

Lord knows I'm not perfect. I have a bad temper, a big mouth, and I'm too blunt and direct most times.

You rang? Oh, I thought you were talking about me. :funnyface: I don't have a bad temper but I do have a big mouth and am VERY blunt at times w/out realizing how blunt I am. I tell it like it's w/very little sugar on top. It doesn't go w/everyone's taste but it's who I am. I can't please everyone. I do hope you will re-consider your option. There are thousands of members on this board, but a small group who know who you are. Why stay away for the sake of a disagreement with ONE person. I know opinions can be swayed and you may feel that others will feel the same as whomever the individual is you have the issue with, but I would hope this person(s) would be able to think for themselves and not treat you indifferently just becuase someone tells them to. We're all adults here and I hope that everyone acts like one. Just think about it. Plus, I don't see how you could POSSIBLY not want to talk about the most beautiful man in the world. If I didn't have this outlet I would go nuts. I must have my Gerry fix. :drool1:

Cassie

Lord knows I'm not perfect. I have a bad temper, a big mouth, and I'm too blunt and direct most times.

I can't please everyone. I do hope you will re-consider your option. There are thousands of members on this board, but a small group who know who you are.

Non of us is perfect!!! and as cassie said You cannot please everyone!

I prefer a sincere and direct person (even if it hurts a little sometimes) better than ... falseness. (not sure how do you say that in english)

Just for myself, I'd miss you.

hugs

Daian

I finally have my 'puter cooperate for who knows how long * :tantrum: * and this is my first read and...

*Breaks down in tears* :tissues:

I obviously have been out of the loop for the longest time, - but PLEASE!!

*Covers Donna with hugs'n'kisses*

You are one of my ab fab peeps in here and without you I'd be VERRA sad, hon! :wave:

*Decides hugs and kisses didn't do the trick and starts stapling Donna's VERRA foxy red dress to the chair, equips her with blinders and forcefeeds Gerrylisciousness sprinkled with... :cunning: *

( Yes, I know it's a Gerry-site, but these are DESPERATE times!! :lalala: )

Posted Image *Ponders Donna's threat to leave,- and the lack of silly messages etc*

Posted Image

- Don't you fret, G!!

Posted Image

- Now put on something sassy and let's *erased as is seen by 13+*

*Helps Donna loosen staples and what not..* - Sorry about that! :kiss:

I'm having a bit of a hard time trying to figure this out because from what I've read and seen DK you have been an active poster with a lot of interaction! You've made us laugh a lot of the time.......! You've had your opinions just like the rest of us. Cassie is right! If it's one person or whatever there is nothing that can't be worked out as adults!......we all have our own stuff going on and Hey that's the reason we have the support center in the first place....for support! I hope you reconsider as once your a Gal.....you are part of the fanmily!

{{{HUGS}}}Fran

No Donna, say it isn't so. You make me laught all the time. Whatever happened, don't back off. I love your sense of humor. There are more of us than you'll ever know that really appreciate you. You hang in there with us, please. I am hoping to meet you at the convention also. Keep your chin up and your hands on the keyboard. "Meow" whatever your little heart desires, and don't worry about a few stuffed shirts, ok?

Sally

NOOOO!!! DK, you can't leave us!! I come here everyday to share with my friends and I always look forward to your posts. I love your humor and your remarks and your insight into people which is always bang on. I am ALWAYS happy to see you here! You can't leave us, 'cos I would just miss you too darned much!

HUUUUUGGGGS,

Suzie

Donna, I also thought you were describing ME...*smooches*

Honey, you are a wonderful person from all that I've read (publicly and privately), and you emanate nothing but the best and most loving of vibes. If someone is angry with you and won't mend fences, then that person isn't worth the damned time. I know, it's easier said than done -- I also want nothing more than people to like me, though at times I've been a nutty b**** and have probably warranted some intense dislike -- but if you've attempted to bridge the chasm with anyone who won't give you the time of day, then FORGET HER. I also agree that Internet-based friendships are a very different type of liaison with its own set of standards and dynamics, some of which can be tricky and potentially explosive.

Anyway, PLEASE DON'T LEAVE!!!! I can understand a leave of ABSENCE but please come back. This site would not be the same without you. I mean it. You belong to our family.

And if it makes you feel any better at all, I've been stepping back from the Internet as well because I feel angry and hurt about some people from a certain band's milieu. I think I told all of you that a particular friend and I hashed it out a week ago and all was well...but then everything went South again. Between her and three other people who've figuratively kicked my arse in a simultaneous fashion (all of whom are fans of the same band -- in fact, that's how I met them), I am fit to be tied and don't know what to do. Truthfully I feel like decking them. But if I open my tempestuous mouth then chances are that I'll just create some really horrid karma for myself. And there are other people whose friendship I enjoy, and THEY are very friendly with these same mutual pals. I can't afford to burn more bridges in my life. In the meantime, however, how the hell do I handle this anger? I've prayed to God about it...over and over again. I'm easily hurt and it always translates to anger/rage.

On a GOOD note, I heard from a friend with whom I haven't spoken in 18 months. Our friendship, which began in 1989, ended quite badly in late '06 but his dad died about ten days ago, and I sent a donation to the American Diabetes Association in his name and alerted my former friend about it. Well, he wrote to me this morning and said that he'd really like to see me. That email actually assuaged a ton of the anger/hurt I'd felt about him *and* the aforementioned situation in the previous paragraph. I am so happy that my old buddy might be part of my life again.

In any event: Donna, I think the world of you. If you want to talk, please PM me. I care about you.

Guest greyeyegoddess

As you can see Donna, those who are your friends, care about you and don't want you to leave. I don't think you should worry about people who don't want to be friends in the first place.

It used to be in my nature to be friends with everyone, but trying to befriend someone who just isn't upfront with you, wastes your precious energy. Hugs!

I have a busy weekend this weekend, all family, which means I'm going to miss out on a local G activity.

I have a graduation dinner for two college graduates in a fancy hotel on Saturday night. But I'll be working my brother in law's comic convention all weekend, which will be fun. I just got off the phone with him.

http://www.super-con.com

He has a few fun special guests-one of the guys from Lost, the Mysterytheater 3000, Wil Wheaton, and a few other ones. I get to sit and host the main guys, so I'll be sitting with Jorge Garcia. Any questions you'd like me to ask him?????

~alice

:music:

Hello GALS,

Hope all the mothers had a great day yesterday, mine was good!

Thank you to all the GALS leaving such wonderful words of support about my mom's condition, she is about the same no changes, she is now processing her nourishment through her G tube where she wasn't doing that the past few days, so that's a good thing and a great relief for me.

DK, come on girl, you can't leave us, we need you! Who else will make us nearly spill coffee on our laptops and nearly pee on ourselves from laughing so hard? I say don't let anyone run you off from here, this place is for all of us, we all have different opinions and some are louder with theirs than others, but that's okay. Why worry over BS?

For you, Donna... ( I'm a newbie at this, you know! ) And I totally agree with her! *Points upward*

Posted Image

And greyeyed, - I'm so NOT green.... :pant:

Just stopping by here to say that I might be leaving the board (or at least just laying low and lurking) for a while. No, I don't mean permanently as in "deleting my account"...but stepping away from it (at least until I figure out what the heck is going on). Without going into too much detail, some things have happened to me these past few weeks that have left me with a very bad vibe. I tried to figure out what it is I did wrong, and even made an attempt to make things right where I thought it was blatantly obvious there were some hard feelings there...but with no success. So tonight, amidst a lot of emotional and mental frustration (not to mention a lot of hurt and feelings of betrayal), I've decided that maybe I need to step back and separate myself from all of this for a bit. I don't know...maybe I let myself get too emotionally involved and close to some of you. Internet friendships are different - you don't have that face to face contact with someone, and it's easy to be led astray by people you think are your friends. If there's anything I'm guilty of, it's that I want people to like me. And that often means I go too far out of my way, oftentimes at my own expense.

Lord knows I'm not perfect. I have a bad temper, a big mouth, and I'm too blunt and direct most times. But there isn't a person on this board (or anywhere else for that matter) I would ever deliberately try to hurt or offend. All I ever ask of people is that they come clean with me. If I did something wrong, respectfully tell me (because I'm probably too danged thick headed to know any better that I did something wrong in the first place). I'm pretty perceptive as people go, but I'm not a mind reader. I need mental input - and I also need plenty of forgiveness for all the screw ups I make (something I'm more than willing to give to others as well).

So anyway, if I did anything wrong to anyone here, I'm sorry. Accept that as my apology. While I won't continue to pay for a crime I don't know that I committed, nor will I grovel and make myself an emotional prisoner, I'm woman enough to admit that I'm human - and I make mistakes. It isn't the first, nor will it be the last.

:hugs: to all of you...whether you want them from me or not.

DK,

I don't know what has happened here but you are a very liked person on this board, I love reading your nutty posts!

I know there are GALS that put off strange and not to pleasant vibes but there are many that are THE BEST friends you could ask for. Since I've been going through what I have with my mom lately, not knowing if she's gonna live or die from day to day, these GALS have sent so much love and support and well wishes my way, that's something special! It means a great deal to me, to come here and feel the love, not just for Gerry but for each other!

Don't dwell on whatever it is that has you upset, some people ya just can't get along with no matter what you do or say, it's just how things are, so don't fret over it! If they don't like you, to bad, tell them to go fly a kite and let bye gones be bye gones! Anyways, that's what I think you should do, if you need me, drop a PM my way!

One more thing, if someone on this board is betraying you, chances are you're not the first one they've done it to, that is a reflection on their character not yours! Things like that travel among circles and that person will be the one that will be caught in the net over the things they are doing and saying here! My friends here know who they are and I will look out for them cause they would do the same for me, that's they way it should be among all of us but unfortunately its not!

Edited by hotlips70

DK,

Don't let others dictate your own actions. Please stay. Focus on the positive and blow off the negative. The negative things will pass, and it's not worth your time or energy to worry about them anyway.

Hugs, Dallas

DK, Posted Imagedon't let something that may have happened between you and one or two others affect you and the rest of us here at Gals.We will miss you if you leave us.None of us are perfect but we are all here for each other.

Posted Image Peggy

P.S. Remember what Gerry said, Posted Image

Donna, :D

As I told you a few months ago how much I enjoy your posting. You wrote back and thanked me. So what ever has happened with one or two people make you leave all of us. I have had this happen once to me by someone here who I got along with so well and she completely betrayed me. I know where you are coming from and I know it hurts but chin up - we all are not perfect - and you even admited it that you are not. That's half the battle - so please move on like I did and please stay with us so I can enjoy you making my day with your funny posts. See what you have done for me already - I rarely post because I'm not sure people want to hear what I have to say - but this is very important. So stay Darlin Dizzy Donna!!!

Hugs, Barbara :wave:

Hi Donna,

I'm pretty new here so I don't know about all the intrigue. You're postings always make me laugh, they're so fun to read. You sound like a person, that I,for one, would like to hang out with. We've all been betrayed or hurt by people who we thought were friends. Please hang in there & try not to let them get you down. Sometimes we find out the hard way who our real friends are. What goes around, comes around. People who are nasty usually get what's coming to them. I would miss your postings very much.

WendyM :comfort:

DonnaKat----I agree with everyone here!!! If you need time away thats fine but you have to come back!!!! You have done nothing but made me feel welcomed! Yes you do make me laugh when I need it!!! Please reconsider!!!

I have no clue (just call me clueless) what's happened, Donna to cause you to feel that way, but I hope you do realize that the vast majority of us really enjoy reading your posts, even if you are blunt, you are refreshingly so, and funny to boot. I'd be one who would miss the giggles your posts generate. Like so many others have said, please don't let bad feelings with a small number of people chase you away from here and those of us who enjoy posting with you.