Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Oh Lish, those picture of Prince Rowan Sheridan (so that's his name...but what are you going to call him by the way? lol) are so adorable but heartbreaking for me...he looks so much like my Tammy when she was a pup...we still have never gotten over losing her...golden retrievers make the bestest dogs!!! And him and Brayan are going to be the bestest buddies!!!

Lish, Posted Image and so is Brayan....and remember to Whom Brayan really belongs...I will be praying that He protects both you and Brayan...

You are very lucky Christine...as I just said Golden's are the best dogs...we had our Tammy for 12 years and have never had the heart to replace her..

hugs to all...

love,

Sue

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, I don't know if I mentioned this or not but for some reason my little guy Cullen does NOT like Gerry. I mean this little boy is 4 years. old and he calls me out EVERY single time when he sees me w/something Gerry related. We were at my job on Saturday to pick something up that I left and he's looking at my wall going "Momma, why do you have that man up on your wall?". It's not his first time at my office and every time he asks me the same question. I told him because I think he's cool. Well, the night before I had scrap mania at Archivers and I'm finishing up a Gerry project to send to Susan for the convention. My hubby and son stroll in and I'm like all happy to see them. My son asks me what I'm doing and I said nothing. He proceeds to look at my things and REALLY loud says, "Momma, why you always looking at that man! Do you love him?" I'm like trying to tell him that no momma doesn't love him she's just doing a project.

So, yesterday was Mother's Day so my hubby finally gives me my P.S. I Love You dvd. My son carries it in but it has two cards on top so he doesn't see what's on the dvd. So I take the stuff out of his hands and turn the dvd over. I read through my cards then he's like "What is on that dvd?" I'm like nothing and try to put it down. He snatches it from me, turns it over and this little boy starts rolling his eyes going "Momma, why do you have that man again on your dvd. That's not daddy! I don't like him...I don't like him... I DON'T LIKE HIM!!!!" And he proceeded to say this about 20 more times adding his own little melody w/it. "I don't like him... I dooooonnnn't LIKE him.... idon'tlikehim....I DON'T LIKE HIM!!!!" and so on and so on. After awhile you just had to laugh because it was funny how many times he said it and how many different ways he said "i don't like this man". I think I got it - My son doesn't like this man! He calls out my Gerry bracelet, my Gerry sign in the car, my autographed picture, EVERYTHING. The only thing he doesn't call out re: Gerry in a bad way is if he sees a picture of "300". When he sees this he goes "ooohh momma look your movie is here". Just thougth I would share. I had to put my project away because he was still up. *sigh*

Cassie

HAHAHAHA, Cassie,

That's so funny cause my 13yr old son does the same thing, he tries to bust me out about Gerry all the time around my hubby and other people. He's like my, mom loves the 300 guy! I don't care though, I just keep on keepin on with my G thang and don't care who likes it!

The same son watched PSILY and he loves the movie, I just got it on dvd and he's begging me to watch it, he seen it at his dad's this past weekend and came home talking about how good it was, he said he ALMOST cried! He made sure he let me know ALMOST cried! So I'm gonna watch it tomorrow and I'm looking forward to it!

Edited by hotlips70

Sue: I love LOVE LOVE introducing newbies to Gery. (Introducing? :lol: Never even met him myself)

Ciet: You looked mahvelous, dear... simply mahvelous!

Gosh, I haven't posted for EVER! I missed like 6 pages...

Donna, I'm so glad you're not letting a couple poops ruin all our fun. I love your posts!

I'm going through some crap with the poopy-ex. Will yall send up some prayers for me? And mostly for Brayan because he's the poor soul in the middle of all this.

But on a bright note, I picked out my puppy last week. He's a Golden Retriever and I have decided on a name.

Prince Rowan Sheridan. (Rowan = red and Sheridan = bright) But you know I chose it for the obvious Gerry/Terry connection... :lmao:

(pics deleted per guidelines)

Love you all and keep Brayan and I in your thoughts.

:hugs: to all who need them!

I am in love with that little Prince, he's a cutie!

Guest Winter Angel

I love your Prince! He is so adorable!

Ah, People just don't understand us when it comes to Gerry. Just the other day, my parents were razzing me about him in Barnes and Noble because all his movies were stacked side by side. When I saw the wall of Gerry, my heart stopped :thud: and my parents have yet to stop pestering me about it. There is so much more to this incredible man than what meets the eye. :heat:

Well I have had a fantastic time in london. I saw Chess at the Royal Albert Hall. Josh Groban and Idina Menzel were on top form and I was happy to see they recorded it so hopefully a DVD. Adam Pascal was also in it and was amazing too. I was standing in the queue to get in and realised I was directly behind Bjorn Ulveus of ABBA(I am so not worthy). I got my dress for the Convention - it is just so me and feels like it was made especially. I freaked out a bit this morning as we had been in McDonalds in Oxford Street yesterday and left about 4.40pm well on the news today it said at 4.45pm a 22 year old black man was stabbed then had his throat slit in front of customers at that very same McDonalds and died - all because he accidently spilled a coke over someone!!!. We leave tomorrow and then back to the humdrum from Thursday.

DK I have no idea what happened but am glad you have reconsidered. The place would not be the same without you.

Scots Lass have a great time in Manchester. the people are lovely and I hope you had somewhere to stay as the SSgt from my office was going to the match and had alot of problems getting a room.

Hope everyone had a great Mothers Day.

Moira

Moira! Lordamercy, I LOVE Adam Pascal!!! :hearts: Fell in love with him in the movie version of Rent!

Glad you got your Vegas dress. Can't wait to see it... but more importantly, you!

ALL of you!!!

I'm so stoked!

Moira - if you hear of Chess coming out on DVD please let me know. I have a region-free DVD player so it doesn't matter if it isn't the right region for the US. That is so scary how close you were to being at the McD's when that man was killed. How sad, and over something so trivial. Glad you found a perfect frock for Vegas.

Lish - I'm sending up prayers for you and Brayan. Your little Prince Rowan Sheridan is so adorable! I think the retriever pups are among the cutest, and I understand they are just outstanding companions.

Sue and Jude - I love the stories of new converts. I have to share something my husband said the other day that cracked me up. We gave his mom the PSILY DVD for Mothers Day and he was looking at the cover and commenting that he thinks that both Gerry and Hilary don't look quite themselves on it. Of course I think Gerry looks great, even if a bit airbrushed, but hubby says "Hilary looks very pretty in that picture, maybe she should do all her acting laying down!" Goofball hubby!

Cassie - that is just too precious that your wee guy doesn't like Gerry and is SO vocal about making sure you know it!

hotlips - that's great that even though your son may not quite approve of his mom's affection for Gerry he still loves PSILY. Good on him!

I was talking to my dad about how PSILY doesn't make me cry anymore because I saw the deleted scene of Gerry while he was on chemotherapy, which was 10 times worse than the rest of the movie. Dad looked at me and said, "Why? Is it because of him, because of the movie, or because of your mom?"

I was astonished by the question.

I finally blurted out, "Seeing the man I've loved for years on chemotherapy? NOT A GOOD THING!"

He laughed and looked at me and said, "I really don't think Gerry's waiting for you."

I stared and demanded, "I'm single, he's single, I can fantasize as much as I want!"

I'm still trying to figure out how to convert an mp3 of Gerry's wake up call to a midi file so that I can use it on my phone. Any ideas?

Charli, I am surviving...working two jobs and trying not to lose my mind in the process. If you end up hunting crocs, I WANT TO SEE PICTURES OF YOU IN ACTION! Hee hee hee...look out, Bindi Irwin (who's such a little cutie and her dad's soul twin)!

Lish, you and Brayan are in my prayers. And I just ADORE your precious pup! God, I want a pooch so badly but my cats would never speak to me again.

Christine, I would love to meet up with you if or when I ever cross the pond...even if I'm there for just for a visit (but it'd be one hell of a LONG visit, trust me). I actually have relatives I've never met in Lancashire as well. That faction of the family moved to the UK from Italy during WWII, and my Aunt Connie has met them a few times. She said to me a few years ago, "I can't understand them with that accent!" Ei yi yi...I could just imagine her and her infamous big mouth. "TALK SLOWER! WHAT ARE YOU SAYING?" I love good ol' Connie dearly but she has no mental filter...AT ALL!

My sister Ann and I learned long ago that we needed to keep our crushes close to our hearts because someone would always mock us. Hey, we're the youngest two out of five...and the eldest three just loved to bully us! Anyway, I think my bro-in-law Steve knows that she adores David Sanborn (she suspects that he has a crush on Jennifer Lopez), but all of us know that my 16-year-old nephew, Rob, yearns for the following women:

1) Jennifer Aniston (she's been his number one babe for the past four years)

2) Angelina Jolie

3) Halle Berry

4) Jennifer Garner

5) Catherine Zeta-Jones

But he's very coy and cute about his crushes. I needle him like a little brother at times, and he takes it so well. I daren't needle him TOO much and, if I do, he just tells me that I'm "getting a little out of hand." He's too funny. When he was 12, he announced to us at the dinner table, "Angelina Jolie's lips are too big. It's a turnoff." Once we stopped laughing, I responded, "But...Rob...what if she wanted to plant a soft little kiss on your cheek? Would you say no?" He stuttered, "I-I-I never said THAT!"

*SNORT*

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Hello GALS! :wave:

So much to catch up on! I've been too busy in the garden to post in the SC much, but I have been reading your posts and thinking about you all. :grouphug:

Donna, sorry you had to deal with some drama on this site. I guess it happens everywhere. Good for you for not letting it chase you away.

Ceit, you looked lovely in your prom get up. Too bad your date was a dud, guess he didn't appreciate how lucky he was to be in your company!

Charli! Glad to see you posting in here again. Och...I hate moving! We only do it every ten years or so, but it is such a hassle. Hope you get the new job you want. How big are the rigs you will be driving?

Moira, that is shocking about that gruesome and apparently senseless murder in McD's. Glad you got out of there in time to not have to witness it.

Cassie and Anna2, my children don't tease me about my Gerrylove. However, my husband barely tolerates my interest in the G-man. I have to keep it low-key around him.

Sue and Jude, great stories about making new Gerry fans. People where I live (the boonies) still largely don't know who he is! :grrr:

Muse, Lish, Angel, Peggy, AnnaX , Sue and everyone I missed: :kiss:

Hugs,

Andrea

Guest greyeyegoddess

awww...cute...watching DWTS and they have professional kids dancing, which is soooo cute. Anyways, the last teen couple did a dance to POTO...took my breath away at the end...wow.

~alice

:music:

Good mornin' everyone! I'm still bleary eyed from the theraflu I took last night. I don't know what it is but something has got me all stuffy and sniffy.

Sorry I haven't been on the board much but the weekend was real busy. I also have a new training class this week. They seem to be really good people. One of them is a HUGE Gerry fan as well. HA HA HA

Jude, nice to meet ya. Anna2, holla. Hugs and kisses to everyone else - I've only had one cupe of coffee!!!!

Hey Andrea I hope its one of these....

Posted Image

Its also high enough to keep away from the crocs, but if i fancy a bit of croc wrangling you''ll have to come on over Christine hold its tail while I poke it in the eye. I think rooster wrangling could be easier.

Ah I hear ya sister, SouthernBlonde, got the darn lurgy too. Get better soon.

Irish Sue & Alice, Love and Kisses!

Moira, I'm so glad you were out of there but sorry for that poor man. Glad you enjoyed your trip though.

Hey Cassie is your chocolate milk thing a craving? have you had cravings?

Hi Jude I don't think we have met yet.

Sorry if I missed anyone but I do have a attention span of a goldfish sometimes. Hey, Yeah and I want to drive a big truck...scarey

Guest Winter Angel

awww...cute...watching DWTS and they have professional kids dancing, which is soooo cute. Anyways, the last teen couple did a dance to POTO...took my breath away at the end...wow.

~alice

I didn't get to see that due to the fact that I was at my Hebrew class. Can you tell me about it please!?!?!? It sounds like it was awesome!

Hey Andrea I hope its one of these....

Its also high enough to keep away from the crocs, but if i fancy a bit of croc wrangling you''ll have to come on over Christine hold its tail while I poke it in the eye. I think rooster wrangling could be easier.

Let me know when the Croc Wranglin' will commence!! I will hold its body as you rope it. (I have always wanted to do that, although my folks would kill me if they found out. HA!)

You are right about rooster wrangin'. It is easier but it does not give you the thrill and adrenaline rush as the croc would.

Yeah, Charli! I can hear myself now..."CRIKEY! Look at the size of that croc! Awwww, she's a beauty, but she's clearly dangerous!" Then I'll expertly grab his tail while you, the *REAL* Croc Hunter Extraordinaire, put him into a headlock and poke the eye.

(We're getting paid handsomely for this line of work, aren't we?)

:wave: Hi!

CHARLI!!!!! I was so worried you'd got tooo close to a croc!!!! Actually, I have these really really strong thick elastic bands - with Christine at the tail, Andrea in the middle and you and me in front, we'd have shoes and handbags for all of us ...!!! (I have seen the size of some of the crocs in northern Australia, up close and personal, gigantic just doesn't cover it)

Ceit, I loved your prom photo sweetie, so sad the date was a dud - some of mine were like that too, you just want to SHAKE them, huh? Don't worry, they'll get better as time goes by! You don't get "proms" as such in Scotland, just ordinary end of term dances - but they are a lot of fun!

Charli, I cannot get your goldfish quote out of my head! I keep seeing/hearing Ellen Degeneris in "Nemo"!!! I don't usually like her (as in when she had Gerry on her show) but she was *perfect* in that!! And OMG those Australian seagulls! I fell off my seat laughing! (I know, I'm weird finding that they are one of the funniest things in the film .... but I *loved* the turtle too, dude! Didn't you just want to go on the flow with them?)

Moira, how horrible!

Sue and Jude - Way To Go, ladies!!! I tried to "convert" a friend of mine a couple of weeks ago - not a huge success, she finds him funny but not :love::yummy::cloud9::omg2::jawdrop: which how she *should*, right?

Cassie, Bon courage!

:hearts:

Sorsha xxxx

Edit : I can't spell today ..... lunch was *well watered* as they say, with my husband and one of his (Irish) friends!

Hope everyone feels better soon ....hugs

Edited by Sorsha

Apparently I'll get paid very handsomely for driving that big b***er of a truck! But then again I'd rather get paid whatever to be GB's slave! I'd be the one going "Crikey" and I'll stop that one there cause the rest of it may get me in trouble.

Still we could get into some Gerry Wrangling. You could tie his feet but I wouldn't poke him in the eye. Head Lock maybe. Sorsha I think fluffy handcuffs could work.

I think we gals should get together and wrangle us a GB! We could have a posey (I don't think I spelt that right...I think thats a bunch of flowers) Posy Ahhh you know what I mean. Dangnabit. I'm an Aussie thats my excuse. Just wait for my coooeee and we're on!

Edited by charliwantz

Apparently I'll get paid very handsomely for driving that big b***er of a truck! But then again I'd rather get paid whatever to be GB's slave! I'd be the one going "Crikey" and I'll stop that one there cause the rest of it may get me in trouble.

Still we could get into some Gerry Wrangling. You could tie his feet but I wouldn't poke him in the eye. Head Lock maybe.

I think we gals should get together and wrangle us a GB! We could have a posey (I don't think I spelt that right...I think thats a bunch of flowers) Posy Ahhh you know what I mean. Dangnabit. I'm an Aussie thats my excuse. Just wait for my coooeee and we're on!

I think it's possee - but what does a scot know?

So nice to see you back!

Big truck - exciting!!!

I wrangle GB all by myself thank you very much!!! And what kind of handcuffs we use is between him and me :) !

Edited by Sorsha

Hey, Sorsha, who said I wanted to wrestle a croc? I stay away from animals with big teeth! Now, GB wrangling, that I could go for...if I were single that is. Sorsha, I must keep my GB devotion verra, verra low key around here...as in password protected computer. :bellydance:

:spit:Charli, that is not a truck...that is an earth mover. You are not serious, are you? BTW, I always thought the word was spelled posse.

Anyway, thanks for giving me a few chuckles this morning you two! Especially since I had a lousy day yesterday...found out that there are fraudulent charges on my credit card and had to cancel my account! It didn't amount to much (less than $10) and the company credited me, but I wonder now what else has been stolen from my identity. :( And the whole thing is holding up my mail order perennials! :tantrum:

Talk to you all later, GALS!

:hugs:

Andrea

Edited by annieday

Hey GALS,

Good to see all of you this morning,

I have a update on my mom, they have cut her back on the ventilator and are trying to ween her off it by tomorrow. She will be moved to a transitional center that takes care of patients in her condition. She is being taken off some of the meds that have had her out of it and is now starting to come around. The only thing is her heart rate has increased and the fluid has started building on her again, the doctors are watching this closely and hopefully it won't become a major issue with her again.

Hugs to all of you,

SouthernBlonde, I'll PM ya later today!

Oh, my oldest son loves Gerry's movies, but for some reason he likes to mess with me about my G thang. My hubby gets irritated about it and sometimes he lets me know it, sometimes he doesn't say a thing! Oh well!

Andrea, last year my hubby had $3000.00 stolen from his bank account, we found out someone through Pay PAL had accessed his account and transferred the money out, this happened twice, we were unsure how this was going on, but a investigator on our's sheriff's dept told us that someone probably had a recording device set up on our computer's keyboard, all passwords and everything they received. Naturally the bank reimbursed my hubby's money and they were pursing the investigation to press charges on this person. We haven't heard anything else about this, but we watch our bank accounts closely!

Edited by hotlips70

Still we could get into some Gerry Wrangling. You could tie his feet but I wouldn't poke him in the eye. Head Lock maybe. Sorsha I think fluffy handcuffs could work.

Posted Image

Count me in on the GB wrangling pretty please....while you have him in a headlock Charli...can I just kiss on his face a wee bit??? :yummy:

I don't know Charli ... driving that big truck ...way to go woman!

Andrea, verra smart of you...I wish I had kept it low key around my DH when I first got addicted...but noooooo....I had to share with him just how much I felt about this guy...stupid, stupid, stupid on my part...lol. Thank God I have the best hubby in the world and he is kinda sorta tolerating it all (oh he pouts sometimes..but he gets over it quickly.)

Anna2, does this mean your mom is getting better or is this just a transition thing for her (and you) sweetie? Gads, that's horrible what happened to your husband's account and here I thought that paypal was so safe...

LOL Christine, you sound just like Steve...stay away from the deep water though please!

Jennipher, are we still on for tomorrow...no labor pains yet???

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

:wave: Hi again!

It's so nice to have a (loaned) computer for a little while - I'm going overboard posting here today!! :pointy:

Anna2, I hope things go for the best for your Mom. It must be so hard for you, I hope you're feeling better yourself now?

Andrea, of COURSE you didn't want to wrestle a croc it was Winter Angel - my lunch was definitely too well "watered" I think. Just back away slowly and we'll take it from here .... And I meant to type posse too, like I said lunch was too well watered ...:)

On the subject of bank accounts stolen passwords etc - I have some friends who opened a bank account specially for paying things on line and they only have around five hundred dollars worth in it at any given time, to guard against losing too much if this kind of thing happened to them ... If I paid a lot of stuff on the internet it's something I would do too, I found this a good idea.

Jennipher, Labour pains soon?! Bon courage to you too ... (that means, roughly translated "hang in there, babe!")

:hearts:

Sorsha xxxx