Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

eeh gads, Anna2! I'm canceling my paypal account right now! This makes me so nervous! And mad! :tantrum:

IT wasn't so much an error on Pay Pal, as it was a security breach on our computer system they were recording all our passwords, the person used a paypal account that my hubby had to transfer the money out of his bank account, they had all of his passwords into his paypal and had it to all of our bank accounts. Before they would make the transfer, there would be a small deposit into his bank account from paypal, just a few cents or dollars, then in a day or two they would transfer fifteen hundred dollars out. This happened more than once in a month's time, they hit the account he had the most money in! So just make sure your protection on your computer is not compromised, we use on line banking, that is how they had so much access but it is also is how we were able to catch so many transfers so we still use it, just watchful of our accounts. We had to change all of our accounts anyways, I don't think it will happen to my hubby again.

Edited by hotlips70

Anna2, does this mean your mother is making progress?

Eeks, about the paypal... that's freaky!

She is still in pretty bad shape, but all hope is not lost, I think if they can just get her off the ventilator and get her eating again, she will slowly come around, a long road to recovery but I think it can be done.

Sorsha, my vertigo hasn't gone completely it kind of comes and goes. My aunt has it, so she gave me some of her medicine, it really works so I feel better, thanks for asking!

Edited by hotlips70

Thanks for clarifying, Anna2. Since someone was using my credit card, I am going to be safe and cancel everything. I don't use online banking, but I am going to go to my bank this afternoon and change all my account numbers just to be extra cautious. We already had a construction worker steal something out of our home earlier this year, and even though it was returned, my theshold for financial panic is very low.

Now my long distance isn't working on my phone...I feel like I'm in a technological twilight zone!

Need...hugs...now! Or one of your liquid lunches, Sorsha!

Andrea

Thanks for clarifying, Anna2. Since someone was using my credit card, I am going to be safe and cancel everything. I don't use online banking, but I am going to go to my bank this afternoon and change all my account numbers just to be extra cautious. We already had a construction worker steal something out of our home earlier this year, and even though it was returned, my theshold for financial panic is very low.

Now my long distance isn't working on my phone...I feel like I'm in a technological twilight zone!

Need...hugs...now! Or one of your liquid lunches, Sorsha!

Andrea

You make me feel like an alcoholic LOL!!! But honestly what can you expect from an Irish guy and a Scot with great food in Paris on a gorgeous summer day? It has now gone thundery (of course) !!

I've just been sitting here looking at you siggy diaporama, with a big goofy grin on my face - you have 7 of my favourite photos of Gerry on it!! :)

Here you are : :hugs:

Good luck with the bank - and the telephone

:hearts:

Sorsha

Edited by Sorsha

:wave: Hi again!

It's so nice to have a (loaned) computer for a little while - I'm going overboard posting here today!! :pointy:

Anna2, I hope things go for the best for your Mom. It must be so hard for you, I hope you're feeling better yourself now?

Andrea, of COURSE you didn't want to wrestle a croc it was Winter Angel - my lunch was definitely too well "watered" I think. Just back away slowly and we'll take it from here .... And I meant to type posse too, like I said lunch was too well watered ...:)

On the subject of bank accounts stolen passwords etc - I have some friends who opened a bank account specially for paying things on line and they only have around five hundred dollars worth in it at any given time, to guard against losing too much if this kind of thing happened to them ... If I paid a lot of stuff on the internet it's something I would do too, I found this a good idea.

Jennipher, Labour pains soon?! Bon courage to you too ... (that means, roughly translated "hang in there, babe!")

Sorsha xxxx

Thank you!!! NO labor just yet :tantrum:

Can you guys believe that I am almost done? It flew by!!

Edited by jobella

:thankyou: for the hug, Sorsha. I'm just teasing you about the liquid lunches because I'm jealous of your "great food in Paris on a gorgeous summer day." :lol: However, I think this technological nightmare I'm having is a good excuse to siphon off some of my prized Tullamore Dew, speaking of Irishmen and spirits. :pointy: Glad to hear we have the same favorite pictures (well 7 out of 10 anyway) of the G-man! :drool1:

Wishing contractions for you, jobella. Anna2 sorry I skipped over your mom's situation and your vertigo...still praying for you all.

Hugs and Kisses Everyone,

Andrea

Edited by annieday

YIkes Andrea...here's a big gnormous hug for you! Posted Image and here Gerry wants to give you one too:

Posted Image (clickable)

Sorsha, sounds like a lovely way to spend an afternoon in Paris...

.....:tantrum: I wish it was meeeeee!!!!

(terribly hot and blustery here...just what I hate...heat AND wind...it's why I could NEVER live in So. Calif.) :bleh:

Thanks, Sue. :hug1: This all started a few days ago when I received DVD's from two movie clubs that I didn't join and one of them charged my credit card. How did they get my number? Then someone downloaded a song from emusic.com and charged a fee to lifeloc, which is some kind of security theft protection. Huh? So, my credit card company put a lock on my account for suspicious charges, but I didn't find out until the plant farm called me yesterday because they couldn't process my perennial order. Thank goodness, my Internet is still working!

I'll update later. Time to :gettowork: outside.

Dazed and Confused,

Andrea

Edited by annieday

No word on whether Gerry has time to make it to Cannes this year, huh?

Webcam: http://www.ifc.com/cannes

~alice

:music:

I haven't seen anything at all about Gerry and Cannes, but I did read somewhere that he was doing the voice of "Stoic the Vast" (did I get his name right?) as well as TUT right now - but that was just one time and no-one else here has seen anything like that, have they? :confused: But if that is true, then I doubt he'll have time to go .... Bénédicte will be disappointed, I think she might have gone, at least at the weekend, she's further south than I am and I think she said she has a relative there ... and it would have done him some good to have some time away from LA, I think ....

Do you know the saying what goes around comes around????

I was reading the Daily Mail on the train back up to Scotland and it had a update on that black guy who got murdered in McDonalds on Oxford Street that I was 5 mins away from witnessing and apparently he was out on bail for being part of a group of men who gang raped a 16 year old girl. Now I know nobody deserves to die in such a horiffic way - they were not just happy to stab him they had to slit his throat as well - right in front of customers - but God works in mysterious ways. The Police are not sure whether it is gang related or just an unfortunate incident that got out of hand. :(

I did find it amusing in London to see lots of posters advertising the DVD release of PSILY. It was a sight for sore eyes seeing life size Gerry's all over the city. I did laugh on Saturday because I had a girly lunch at The Ivy and my sister's friend has discovered the joys of Gerry but feels she cannot call him Gerry as she does not know him like we do and will stick with Gerard until she has been a fan for a while!!!!!!! That cracked me up :funnyup:

Moira

Wow... Karma sure is a funny thing, eh? Glad you missed it though, Moira... Would have been a horrible thing to witness.

awww...cute...watching DWTS and they have professional kids dancing, which is soooo cute. Anyways, the last teen couple did a dance to POTO...took my breath away at the end...wow.

~alice

:music:

That was pretty cool! I just wish they had danced to Gerry's version! :D

BTW, I didn't mean to make fun of a show you liked, it was just good old-fashioned ribbing. ;)

Love & hugs,

Mousie

Yeah, my friend Heidi (aka Mrs. Viggo Mortensen) still refers to G as my husband. But I was skewered on a certain SILLY thread for having far too many husbands. Still and all, I know how to share the hubbies! I think that's why I always grin whenever I see an advertisement for "Husband By the Hour." Mmmm...I'd pay good money to hire Gerry by the hour...OOPS...!!!

Yet another CENSORED moment for yours truly. *pant pant*

Charli, I KNOW what you were thinking! The rest of that sentiment was glaringly obvious, LMAO! (I do believe I'd be declaring the verra same thing about Gerry's monkey.) Sue, I think I'd be hanging onto a real croc tail for dear life! "WHOOOOOOOA...LET ME OFFA THIS THING!!!" It'd be shaking me down like some kind of twisted amusement park ride. The exact same thing occurred when I grabbed my sister's HUGE Mainecoon cat, Tilly, and began a Steve Irwin riff: "CRIKEY, LOOK AT THE SIZE OF THIS CAT!" Then Tilly went loco in my arms and -- let's just say that I'm glad she's declawed or else I would have been shredded to bits.

I'm sure that some thieves have procured my debit card by now, but then nothing happens because they quickly realize that it won't buy them more than a cup of coffee...LOL...

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Guest Winter Angel

I think we gals should get together and wrangle us a GB! We could have a posey (I don't think I spelt that right...I think thats a bunch of flowers) Posy Ahhh you know what I mean. Dangnabit. I'm an Aussie thats my excuse. Just wait for my coooeee and we're on!

Count me in on the posse. Although I think we would get into a :catfight: when we finally wrangled the G-man. May the best Gal win, (and I believe that would be Dr. Em)! We'll divide the spoils from there. I think there would be enough GB to share but I may CLEARLY BE WRONG. Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

As for new Gerryites, I have met a few at the dance studio. They say that I'm OBSCESSED with Gerry but I prefer to be passionate about him. :wuv: We might see them on Gals soon.

:hugs: to all

Angel

Andrea2 - I pray all the best comfort and care for your mum and extra strength and peace for you. Take care of yourself too.

Moira...Hoo Wee is there GB ettquette! You start with Mr Butler, then Gerard, Ger, G! and then when you are very personal "Oh, Mr Butlerrrrrr" again but of course different context!

Hey yeah it's a earthmover but truck sounds more feminine don't you think? Why waste my time with a Hummer.

My sympathies for the fellow at Macca's were missed placed. Justice served at McDonalds.

So glad that vision wasn't etched in your memory though. I hate seeing violent acts in the flesh. I caught the city train for a while. Shows you how sanitised violence on TV is.

I can't wait to go to Paris with my man, have a liquid lunch, have some hugs and then get a thundery in the afternoon. (Sorry just a poor mishmash of a previous convo)

I put my whole body over the keypad when I go to the ATM and cover the keypad with my hand. I look stupid. I work in a dodgy part of town. But what else can you do.

So Sue's in too on the GB Wrangling. One kiss only though...gotta show them who's the boss. Bosses of the Posses!

Hey Christine I've seen some huge cats. You could whack a saddle on them. Those ones that just flop are funny.

Hey for some reason that song from the early 80's 'Life at the outpost' came to mind. Oh boy why do I only remember useless stuff and not the scientific equations to solve all the world's ills.

Okay, so here's the update if anybody's wondering. My long distance isn't working because some dimwit was digging and hit a fiberoptic cable and the repairman has to come from Milwaukee which is 2 and a half hours away. Because of that, my local bank's computers were offline (they have DSL, I have satellite IC) and I couldn't change my account numbers. Thankfully, we were able to verify by phone to the main branch that there has been no suspicious electronic activity on my bank accounts so far. But, the out of state plant company hasn't been able to call me back about my order which was held up because of the credit card fraud. I'm going back to writing checks and using snail mail! :boohoo:

And I'm going to bed now. Tomorrow has to be better. I'll just think about :phantom: and :leo2: and :alex: and :drac: with :stranger: thrown in for good measure. That's the ticket.

Hugs to all,

Andrea

Edited by annieday

Andrea, I hope you have a better day tomorrow. Bad days seem to get worse, I know. But there is always tomorrow. A GB sleeping pill always makes it better! Sweet Dreams

:wave: Hi!

Charli, "Justice served at McDonalds." - Good one!!

"I can't wait to go to Paris with my man, have a liquid lunch, have some hugs and then get a thundery in the afternoon. (Sorry just a poor mishmash of a previous convo)"

Don't appologise! I really set myself up for that one!! LOL Come on over, I know some great restaurants!!

"I put my whole body over the keypad when I go to the ATM"

Me too!! And at the supermarket and just about everywhere else ..... (In France you use your code numbers all the time - no more signing at all!)

Moira, I loved the GB ettiquette! Your friend sounds very sweet and ladylike :)

Andrea, what a mess!!!! Hope you are sleeping well while I am typing this, and that you wake up to a much nicer day - I woke up to the news that PSLY is making a killing :bounce: on the DVD sales, so I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy right now -WATCH IT CHARLI!!! LOL!!!

But I'm really sad too - I have to give back this computer today. the friend who loaned it to me is coming back from her short (too short for me!) holiday and I have to give it back to her :tissues:

So I won't be here so much, until I get my own new one :crybaby: I've had a lot of fun around here the past couple of days .......

Sorsha xxxx

Joanna, if you read this, I hope your daughter's arm is doing well and that the housing situation is now OK - I know I should PM you with this, but I've just noticed the time and I'm in a bit of a hurry now :) .... xxxx

I think we gals should get together and wrangle us a GB! We could have a posey (I don't think I spelt that right...I think thats a bunch of flowers) Posy Ahhh you know what I mean. Dangnabit. I'm an Aussie thats my excuse. Just wait for my coooeee and we're on!

Count me in on the posse. Although I think we would get into a :catfight: when we finally wrangled the G-man. May the best Gal win, (and I believe that would be Dr. Em)! We'll divide the spoils from there. I think there would be enough GB to share but I may CLEARLY BE WRONG. Does anyone else have thoughts on this?

As for new Gerryites, I have met a few at the dance studio. They say that I'm OBSCESSED with Gerry but I prefer to be passionate about him. :wuv: We might see them on Gals soon.

:hugs: to all

Angel

I think the G-man has enough of a loving nature in order for all of us to share. ;)

:wave: Hi there Galfriends!

With all the good weather we've been having I have taken full advantage of it, have'nt been indoors for days.

Back to the rain again today, so time to get some 'postings' in.

Got our DVD of PSILY, my little man was so excited when he saw the cover, "It's my Butler and Bluebell", not that he wants

to see the DVD, too much interest in Scooby Doo at the moment! For the uninitiated re 'Butler and Bluebell, see 'What a Doll' threads.

Lots of interest in the shop selling the DVD, everyone in there buying was chatting about Gerry, and while I've never bother from

the family with my attachment to Gerry, my son in law will gently rib me now and again by calling him Gerald!

Last week he asked how things were going and that he'd noticed Gerry had a new movie coming out,(he loved 300) and he thought it a sad day when he was getting as excited as I about a Gerald movie! I was interupted before I could assertain whether he meant Rock'n'Rolla or Game.

Glad to see Anna's Mum is improving and calm waters around for all. God Speed to Jobella for a quick safe delivery.....? Boy or Girl? or don't we know?

Hugs to all,

......off to oversee the laundry, then I have to get a certain parcel ready to go to Suzie and Elissa in Texas, before 'it' goes on to Vegas.

Not long now Galfriends! :wuv:

Anna X

Do you know the very first thing I though about contemplating my better paid job on the Trucks was that I'd be able to go to next years GBGals get-together. Then get VW beetle classic. Then pay all our loans off, then go a live on Crete Greece with my man. At least I've got my priorities right.

Ceit, yes its polite to share too. Bad bad girls!

Sorshaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa...please don't go! (she pleads stretching out her arm in vain attempt to hold on to her...d**n technology.

Oh Christine, was it a monkey?! I told you my eyesight's bad.

"Andrea, what a mess!!!! Hope you are sleeping well while I am typing this, and that you wake up to a much nicer day - I woke up to the news that PSLY is making a killing on the DVD sales, so I'm feeling all warm and fuzzy right now -WATCH IT CHARLI!!! LOL!!!"

Hey Sorsha did you mean for me to watch PSILY again or did you mean for me to head for the hills!

LOL! No, Charli, it was a cat. Tilly is huge, she really is....but I referenced G's monkey as well. 'nough said (I'm too afraid of the Official Spanker, who haunts my dreams).

Wow, you definitely have your priorities straight! The GALS convention, a VW bug, living on Crete and paying off the loans? You go, girl!

I'm seeing so many concerts this summer and CANNOT WAIT! I just added Pearl Jam to my list, even though I'll need to blow a wad on my ticket. That's okay, they're worth the money.