Gerard Butler GALS

I was wondering are there any publicity photos of Gerry out and about anywhere when he was filming Mrs. Brown? I like Archie and I remember watching this way way back when it came on STARZ. I closed my eyes during the skinny dip as it was TMI for eyes. I just would like to see what Gerry looked like as Gerry at the time he was making this movie and was this his first Hollywood movie?

Love,

Tracy :kiss:

• 2 months later...

I finally watched Mrs. Brown yesterday and loved it!!! Billy Connelly and Judi Dench did an amazing job!!! I recommend it. Gerry has a supporting role in it and does a great job, as usual, love the movie you can hear Gerry's scottish burrrr!!!!

Jeanette

It's funny, that even with the awful muttonchops, Gerry was so engaging in this movie. He was so much taller than the other men, that he stood out in every scene! That "screen presence" was one of the first things you notice about him.

Guest pamelajane

Tracy, I loved the movie Mrs. Brown, as well. It was so well done. I'm a big fan of Judi Dench and I thought her protayal of the Queen was superb. Anyway, back to the business, at hand. Since I'm a late bloomer when it comes to Mr. B.(I'm a fan since Phantom), I, too, would love to see what he was like back then. Did he have the longer hair back then? If so, why didn't they let him use his own hair, instead of that awful wig thingie! Somebody out there must know where we can find pictures. After all, it was during that filming that Gerry saved that drowning boy. Does anyone know the name of the award? Maybe we can start our research, there. I also found out how difficult it is to buy the dvd of Mrs. Brown, but I finally found it at bestbuy.com, if anyone is interested!

And, so the search begins...

Pam

I love muttonchops!!! :wuv: I guess they could have been trimmed up a bit, though. I had to rent this from my local library, but they showed it a couple of months ago on my channel 19 WXIX and I DVR'd it so I could watch it again and again without buying it.

Unfortunatelly, I am still waiting for the DVD (I ordered it together with Nims Island), so I cannot join your discussion about the film - maybe later. But, according to IMDb, the award was a "Certificate Of Bravery" from The Royal Humane Society. In some sources, they write he saved the boy during the filming, somewhere else I read it was a year after it, when GB went with his mother to the filming location (and stayed in the same hotel - maybe he even told it in one of JL shows?). Also, I do not think it was a Hollywood film, it was British, but it was the first film he appeared (if we do not count "The Bodyguard", where he appeared as a sort of extra). If this thread goes on, I will join it again later when I see the film (which might still take some time, Nims Island DVD is supposed to be released in UK on August 25).

:pointy::pointy::pointy:

Edited by Donnie
Guest pamelajane

, according to IMDb, the award was a "Certificate Of Bravery" from The Royal Humane Society. In some sources, they write he saved the boy during the filming, somewhere else I read it was a year after it, when GB went with his mother to the filming location (and stayed in the same hotel - maybe he even told it in one of JL shows?).

:pointy::pointy::pointy:

Thank you for the info, Donnie!

Oh I have all the Archie parts downloaded to my computer. I write him in role play modern times with Jennifer Ellison of course as Tracey taking her character from her newest movie The Cottage.

Archie I write is nothing like Archie Brown. The way Gerry looked at that time is the most I pull from the role.

I find Gerry beautiful as Archie.

Of course I find Gerry beautiful period.

Because Leo and Erik and some of the latter movies get more attention.

I have made some Archie appreciation videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKP-caW0CMU

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-MjxS8ap7ms

Guest pamelajane

Great job, Tracy!!! I really enjoyed your videos. Loved the still pictures, at the end!

Oh, I heard from the Royal Humane Society and they only keep records for two years, so there goes that scenario. But I'm not giving up for either one of us!

Hugs,

Pam

Edited to add: Tomorrow Never Dies was made the same year as Mrs. Brown. I can't find any yet, but maybe someone has pics of Gerry's quick scene in that movie!

Edited by pamelajane

I think it is hard to screencap Tomorrow Never Dies because he is in the background and it is dark for his 2 seconds on screen. If it wasn't for the Scottish accent (very heavy) I'd miss his moment altogether.

I was excited last week I caught his part in Harrison's Flowers. Usually I miss it and that's a movie that is too hard for me to watch all the way through more than once. I just happened to turn it on just at the right moment this time.

I do not know how they did it, but there are three screencaps on GB Angels (http://pub3.bravenet.com/photocenter/album.php?usernum=257612822&album=35669). As you can see, there really was not too much of him to be seen. I must say that I tried to watch carefully when they showed the film on our TV, but did not notice GB in the film at all (maybe it was also because the film was dubbed, so one feature, that could have been very distinctive, was lost this way). But he was listed in final credits. :wave::wave::wave:

• 2 years later...

I just watched this movie again today. I think I like it quite a lot, although there wasn't quite enough Gerry to keep me focused throughout the film. However, I'm quite interested in the history of British royal family and I enjoy seeing movies about them. I also enjoyed hearing the Scottish accent. I had to watch each Gerry scene twice – the first time I focused on staring at Gerry and the second time I read the subtitles. I usually don't have to pay much attention to the subtitles, but this thick Scottish accent was just too much for my brain (and Gerry's pretty face was distracting me ;)).

I also like the fact that you always learn something new from these historical movies. I just realized that Auld Lang Syne was written by Robert Burns. :)  I'm finally getting some idea of who this guy was and why everybody is so eager to see a movie made about him. Well, I'd like to see a movie about him as well, and even more if Gerry played the main role.