Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
discoveringme

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome

I'M KEEPING THE TOPIC THE SAME FOR THE TIME BEING UNTIL OUR LOVELY SUSAN~SPORRAN CAN WORK HER MAGIC FOR AN OUTSTANDING NEW TOPIC. POST AWAY! :wave:

WELCOME to the 49th floor of the 2nd highrise of our clinic! We only have 20 floors to go to reach 69 again!

As a fan of musicals I was inspired by a song from "Camelot" which gave me the perfect title for this floor - "The Lusty Month of May". Afterall we have the DVD release of PSILY today, Nim's Island playing in theaters around the world, and Gerry filming "The Ugly Truth" - what a plethora of Gerry to inspire our lusting right now! We hardly need a special month for the lusty feelings we may experience here at GALS - but the song lyrics so apply - for those not familiar with them: "Tra la! It's May! The lusty month of May! That lovely month when ev'ryone goes blissfully astray. ..."

For those new to our clinic you can find our previously erected floors below:

Click here to find links to the floors of Highrise #1

Highrise #2 Floor #1-A Strong Foundation

Highrise #2 Floor #2 - FALL is the season

Highrise #2 Floor #3 - The POWER of 3

Highrise #2 Floor #4 - Four on the Floor - Road Trip

Highrise #2 Floor #5 - Happy, Happy Birthday Baby

Highrise #2 Floor #6 - A Verrra Charming Bad Boy!

Highrise #2 Floor #7 - Deck the Halls

Highrise #2 Floor #8 - Hugs for the Holidays

Highrise #2 Floor #9 - 2007 Let's Make it FINE

Highrise #2 Floor #10 - He IS a 10 indeed!

Highrise #2 Floor #11 - The Power Number

Highrise #2 Floor #12 - Fit to be King

Highrise #2 Floor #13 - ALREADY a sex symbol

Highrise #2 Floor #14 - 300 Rush Week

Highrise #2, Floor #15 - Prepare for Glory

Highrise #2, Floor #16 - They got the JUICE

Highrise #2, Floor #17 - April Showers

Highrise #2, Floor #18 - A PHENOM

Highrise #2 Floor #19 - Award-worthy

Highrise #2 Floor #20 - It's Raining Roles!

Highrise #2 Floor #21 - Convention Decompression

Highrise #2 Floor #22 - GALS turns Terrific TWO

Highrise #2 Floor #23 - GALS turns Two Part Deux

Highrise #2 Floor #24 - Let's get SHATTERED

Highrise #2 Floor #25 - We're having a HEAT WAVE!

Highrise #2 Floor #26 - Hot Summer Nights

Highrise #2 Floor #27 - Try to Remember

Highrise #2 Floor #28 - Rev up for Vegas, Baby!

Highrise #2 Floor #29 - He's Smokin'!

Highrise #2 Floor #30 - It's Gerry's Birthday Party

Highrise #2 Floor #31 - P.S. I Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #32 - P.S. I STILL Love Gerry!

Highrise #2 Floor #33 - 2008 is gonna be GREAT!

Highrise #2 Floor #34 - HELLO, Gorgeous

Highrise #2 Floor #35 - HELLO Again, Gorgeous!

Highrise #2 Floor 36-The Art of Gerry

Highrise #2 Floor #37 - Interior Decorating

Highrise #2 Floor #38 - Attila the Hunk

Highrise #2 Floor #39 - Come in from the Cold

Highrise #2 Floor #40 - Come in from the Cold again

Highrise #2 Floor #41 - Viva Las Vegas

Highrise #2 Floor #42 - My Hero

Highrise #2 Floor #43 - Tropical Breezes

Highrise #2 Floor #44 - Spring in his step

Highrise #2 Floor #45 - Deserted Island Fantasy

Highrise #2 Floor #46 - Weather GALS

Highrise #2 Floor #47 - The Beautiful Truth

Yes! This is our GALS Mantra:

Sink the Boat -- Ride the Phantom!!!

A HUGE THANK YOU to QAZklh for making the graphic for us..."

Posted Image

AND NOW.... the original thread.

Being the compassionate person that I am, I can recognize a cry for help when I see one. Having said that, I have decided to start a new support group for those of us with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome – from now on, all with Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome with be known as GALS.

This group is open to all GALS and non-GALS alike who believe they are in serious need of support and guidance as they realize how serious their addiction has become. This is not a support group which advocates traditional intervention, as the failure rate would be astronomical, but merely a group whom you can turn to who share in your addictions or withdrawals, whichever the case may be. Some of the signs that you have GALS include, but are not limited to:

1. You buy every magazine on the rack looking for photos or articles of Gerry and start to get the jitters when there has been no sign of him for weeks.

2. You drive 500 miles to see a Gerry movie.

3. Your significant other (or just someone you're dating) gives you stark reminders they are SOOOO NOT Gerry.

4. Co-workers, friends and/or family start teasing you for your addiction – people can be so cruel...

5. You become addicted to caffeine because you can’t pull yourself away from GALS...."'cause just MAYBE he'll be on Chat tonight."

6. You obsess with much glee, "Gerry has a computer...and he knows how to use it!!!!"

7. You find yourself asking aloud, "Did he REALLY mean what he said about the 3:00 a.m. thing and does he REALLY wear a size 11 shoe?" Then smile broadly.

8. You catch yourself speaking in a Scottish accent for no apparent reason.

9. You change the decor in your bathroom to accommodate your new yellow towels.

10. The "G-Spot" takes on a whole new meaning.

11. You spend days wondering why a Scot would be named "Andre." :huh:

12. You buy “Mrs. Brown” just for the skinny-dipping scene and play that one scene in slow mo and super slow mo, over and over and over again. (Okay, so maybe that was just me.) :D

13. You have a picture of Gerry in your wallet, and refer to him as “your man, Gerry.”

14. You spend your hard-earned cash assigned for other “non-essential” items (phone bill, power bill, etc.) on essential Gerry related items.

15. You go shopping for your “real-life” man and finding yourself thinking, “OMG!!! Gerry would look so :censored: hot in that!!!

16. You have to buy a new hard drive to accommodate all your pics and videos of Gerry.

17. You search through a couple hundred $5.50 DVDs at Wal-Mart because an employee said Dracula 2K might be there.

18. You can't possibly walk past Starbucks without dreaming that maybe... *sighs*

19. You refer to the Gerry wallpaper on your computer as your “happy place.”

20. While looking up at the clouds you SWEAR there's a cloud in the shape of a "G"...funny thing is, the GAL next to you sees the same thing!!!

21. Multiples (Gerrygasms) are an every day occurrence!!!

This list will continue to grow as you tell me your addictions...

Below is a very simple 10-step program to help foster our addiction.

1. You must admit you have GALS. This is so important to further your addiction. Yes, this support group wants to nourish your addiction, not starve it. We are here for you.

2. Come to believe the Great and Powerful Gerry is greater than ourselves and only our visions and/or fantasies can keep us addicted. To truly become addicted, however, one must at one time in ones life made the Gerry Mecca Journey (GMJ) and meet him in person.

3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to our addiction to Gerry.

4. Make a searching and fearless immoral inventory of our fantasies of Gerry.

5. Lend your support to those who have GALS, but are yet unable to admit it.

6. Watch every movie (more than once) in which Gerry has a role. To be truly addicted, you must develop a love of all Gerry genres (yes, this includes “Tale of the Mummy” and “Dracula 2000”).

7. Frequently quote lines from Gerry films. Memorize them, use them, replace old phrases with new Gerry lines. This will prove to all your serious commitment to your addiction.

8. Know Gerry’s biography better than you know your own. True GALS will know all Gerry’s trivia. Study it, soak it in, become one with Gerry's biography.

9. Give generously (money folks) to the website which has fostered your addictions and allowed your fantasies to take flight.

10. Convert all who are convertible to this syndrome. This is the true mark of GALS. Do not judge - for your next recruit may be your boss!

As this is a relatively new Syndrome, the above guidelines are subject to editing, amending or scrapping all together as we GALS deem necessary.

The first step to true addiction is to admit you have GALS!! I will begin the group.

"My name is Dr. Em and I have GALS."

All are welcome to join in our group. GALS, we must not suffer in silence!!! We now have a voice!!! Let it be heard!

*Disclaimer: We GALS appreciate not only Gerry’s royal hotness for which there is no rival, we indeed, also recognize his abundance of talent, soul, passion, spirit, sense of style and humor, sincerity...can I stop now? Our addictions are all-encompassing and we embrace Gerry EVERY WHICH WAY WE CAN!!!*

To Cleobethra for our “Warning Label.”

Posted Image

:hugs:

Susan~Sporran

Oh goodie the first post never realised we were at the end so i have copied and pasted what I had written

Hey Barb444

I actually looked up that site meetups.com and they are all over the world. I am a bit of a movie buff and noticed they have a club in Edinburgh that meets up regularly to see films at the cinema I normally go to. I did decide to have some fun and put Gerard Butler in the subject heading to see if there happened to be any meet ups regarding Gerry but alas there appears to be none in Scotland, I think all the people in my area need converted ha ha :funnyup:

I think for a laugh all us GALS should sign up in our particular areas and start a Gerard Butler meet to see if we get any converters LOL :p Who knows we could go global :funnyface: We could become a Cult :pointy: Now I must get back to work and into reality ha ha.

Joking aside it really is a great way of making new friends especially if you are new to an area or like a lot of us whilst you may have a wide circle of friends you are the "token singlie" and have more spare time or you don't live within the same vicinity this is a great way to maybe meet like minded individuals. All you need is one person to make a difference to your social life.

Moira

Posted Image good morning, afternoon and evening my friends....another floor open...well, we must start decorating it:

Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image

Thanks Suzie and Lisa...I was tempted to lick his face but there was just too many people around so I had to show some decorum...lol. I'm glad you're feeling better today Lisa....

Barb, thanks, I think I needed some of that too!!!

hugs to all!

love,

Sue

So far, so good. I haven't been bugged. LOL It really irritates me that I can't see the pictures at work. But that's okay. I know what Gerry looks like. :lol: He's AAAAAALLLL over my desk area in my classroom!

Did the Meetup thing, and guess what?! NOTHING IN MY AREA. I told you. The closest ones are 35 miles away, and that's not what I'm looking for. Nor am I looking to join a fooking bunko group.

So, instead of bitching, I'm going to put one up there that I want to start a movie club. We'll see what happens. I'm NOT putting Gerry on it, but we'll see . . . thanks for the idea, Barb!!!

Hey everyone!! Alice, :seeyou: posting!

:hello: Everyone!!

I'm FINALLY back at work today! Not sure yet if that's a Woot or a :tantrum:

I enjoyed being at home for two months, but disability just doesn't pay the bills. Hope everyone is having a Wonderful Monday!

:hugs:

Jenn

Guest greyeyegoddess

Yup, Mel...got lots to say.

Happy Victoria day to our Can Friends!

I was going back through the last thread, and I have to say that unfortunately, I can't say much about my sad life, because I don't feel my life is sad. It's definitely not everything I dreamed it to be, but if last weekend was any indication on what a somewhat whirlwind of a life I have, then I am doing fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, fine, oooo (song by Mary J Blige). I have my personal hardships-work, health, family, etc, what we all go through. I've ranted here before. And I blog, so I really let it out there.

I do have to say, I had a blast this weekend, and it was all family related. I'm spent. I had a hard time getting to work today. For two days, I worked with Jorge, and he was funny and sweet and entertaining. For Eliza and Seamus, not one time did I hear him say "Dude!" In fact, he did a little panel and told the fans that he doesn't say "Dude" as much. (Oh, and get to me in Vegas, I have sumpin for you). I hung out with his manager, who was such a hoot. He was playing tricks on everyone. You have to watch out for him. For someone who deals with Hollywood a lot, Jorge's manager didn't have any of the "airs" that I seem to encounter with other mangers. And the manager's son is the kid who played young Boba Fett in Star Wars Episode 2. He was there too, with tons of energy. He reminded me of Martin Delany. Then Sat night, right after the convention was done, I whisked myself away to a double college graduation reception, an hour away. Polynesian style celebration until midnight. My sweet princess of a niece came by the convention. She's so adorable. It's nice to get hugs from her.

Going to conventions may not sound interesting to others...even nerdy or whatever, but you know, I have a blast, I meet up with people I haven't seen in years, and a few I haven't seen in a while (met up with Jeff, one of our local PALS, while his wife Fiona64 was giving a lecture at a local museum-Hi Sharon!). Before Gerry, I used to go just for the social aspect.

I guess one of the ways I keep from feeling that my life is sad, is to find lots of interests, and keep busy so that I feel that I can be interesting. I may not be interesting to everyone, but I like what I do when I have fun.

I'm SOOOOO ready to go to Vegas now!

~alice

:music:

Alice ~ I've been to more Star Trek conventions than I care to admit. My ex-husband is a HUGE ST fan and so we used to go. They really ARE fun, though. :lol: We didn't dress up, though. THAT would be weird. :lmao:

Who's Jorge?

I actually looked up that site meetups.com and they are all over the world. I am a bit of a movie buff and noticed they have a club in Edinburgh that meets up regularly to see films at the cinema I normally go to. I did decide to have some fun and put Gerard Butler in the subject heading to see if there happened to be any meet ups regarding Gerry but alas there appears to be none in Scotland, I think all the people in my area need converted ha ha :funnyup:

I think for a laugh all us GALS should sign up in our particular areas and start a Gerard Butler meet to see if we get any converters LOL :p Who knows we could go global :funnyface: We could become a Cult :pointy: Now I must get back to work and into reality ha ha.

Joking aside it really is a great way of making new friends especially if you are new to an area or like a lot of us whilst you may have a wide circle of friends you are the "token singlie" and have more spare time or you don't live within the same vicinity this is a great way to maybe meet like minded individuals. All you need is one person to make a difference to your social life.

Moira

Moira, always glad to be of help to the sistas! Isn't that a great site??

"All you need is one person to make a difference to your social life." Toldja there are ways of meeting others w/o giving too much info away AND meeting them doing what you like to do! I think joinging the site and starting a cinema club in your area (if it doesn't exist) is a great idea! it gets you out of the house, doing something different with new people AND I know you'll be able to convert them to the "Gerry Side" LOLOL

Lisa, saw your post re: nothing in your area and being ST fan.

GO OUT THERE AND START YOUR OWN CLUB! Even if you only do in on the premise of CONVERTING the NONBELIEVERS!! It will give you a new goal and you'll have fun doing it. Just look at how much you know about our hero.... you can be the ring leader!! Nike (and I say) "Just Do It"

Love, Babs

The member thing costs money so I can't start it until the end of the month. But I will. I want to start a movie club.

Guess what, ladies? I had a date last night! Well, more of a 'first meeting' type of thing. I met him on a dating site and we met up at the Mall in Des Moines. We had a great time and he might be coming down to see me again on Saturday. My friend is throwing a 'last hurrah' before she moves away.

He's very cute and he farms on his dad's land. He lives about an hour and a half away, but there are always weekends! Right??

"So, new day, new outlook. I'm going to be happy today. I still don't get up early enough to do yoga (something I LOVE, but don't have the energy to do). I'm going to smile at my students, at my principal (grrrrrrr) and enjoy the day. WHEN YOU'RE IN A BETTER FRAME OF MIND, YOU WILL THINK ABOUT AND HAVE TIME FOR YOGA. HEY! START A MOVIE and A YOGA CLUB!!

Barb - notice I didn't use the word TRY. OH! I worked on Chapter 5 last night. That made me happy. It's not a book, though. SIGH. Wouldn't' that be nice, though? Just a silly fan fic, but it makes me happy to write it. Really happy." SLAP!!

IT'S NOT SILLY. IT MAKES YOU HAPPY, RIGHT?? TURN THAT FANFIC INTO A BOOK AND GO FOR IT. THERE ARE PLENTY OF PUBLISHED LADIES ON THIS SITE WHO CAN GIVE YOU ADVICE. HMMM, I EVEN BOOKMARKED ANOTHER SITE TO SELF-PUBLISH.... I'LL HAVE TO GET IT FOR YOU.

And Lish - Good for you meeting a guy online. I've been trying as well, but nothing fantastic as yet. Remember to keep safe, though.

:wuv: Babs

Ah the online dating thing. I met my hubby online. I loved the mystery and the unknowns. I had to go to England to meet him. Not quite the local mall, but I was so happy to use it as an excuse to travel!

Good luck Lish !! Hope something great comes of it. :)

Posted Image to you all ! (It means : Have a good day !)

I didn't went on the site since last week ...

So, at first, I want to say you, Anna2, that I'm very sad for you. I don't find the words in English, only that I think at you and your family. I knew that when I falled my dad 2 years and half ago. It's hard, but the life is hard. And we survive. You will survive with a lot of love from family and friends. I will pray for you.

Sue, dear Sue ... Thank you for the sweets words you wrote after my post about the stay my hubby and me made in Copenhagen. It's so kind of you ! But you know, the pictures of Bryan Baby are so great !!! I show them to my daughter Louise and she said "How cut he is ! I would like to be her babysitter !". I love the one with the mouth like that :( ! And I love the way he has to eat the birthday cake ! I swear I will try the next time ! I'm happy you passed a great day all together ! And I'm happy to see that he's going well now !

Andrea, thank you for thanking me because I shared my pictures of vacation. I was so happy to pass some days with hubby, and to discover a new country and a new city. I love your posts, even when you are not writing to me : you think always at everyone ... You're precious !

Nay, I see you are new on the forum. So Posted Image andPosted Image !!!

Lisa, I read what you wrote about Gerry's place in our lives. I think I understood (I don't understand all the posts, because I miss some words, and I don't have time enough to take a dictionary everytime). I don't have time enough too, to stay on the forum every day. I have a familly life, a wife life, a mother life, a cook life (I like to cook), a reader life, a teacher life (with a lot of preparations for my courses) ... So, even if Gerry is my favorite actor, and even if my heart is jumping everytime I see him in a movie, I can't sacrifice my time and my life to him. But I love to pass so good moments with all of you, to help you in difficult moments, to share joices and pains. So, I chose the good day (when there is a movie on TV which will interest hubby and children, or a soccer match - Lyon is France' champion since the last Saturday, for the 7th time in a row !!! Youpeeh !) and I go on the computer. I read some posts, I look for Gerry's news, Gerry's new pictures, and I write during a moment. But I don't have complex to live my life near my GALS's life !!!

Sorsha, I went on the France2 site to watch all the Cannes's videos (I don't watch the news at 20hours and missed almost all the reporting times). So, I watched about Dustin Hoffmann and Angelina Jolie, about les frères Dardenne, about le tapis rouge (the red carpet), about the Poker turnament (won by a French, Alice Taglioni), about Catherine Deneuve and Mathieu Amalric ... But, this year, it seems that Gerry will not make a jump on the Riviera ... Hélas !

Lish, I cross my fingers for you and your dating boy ! I hope you will find .. all you are waiting for !

My dear Joanna, how are you ? Is Gerry's statue fine ? No too dry, not too wet ? I think at you ! Hugs and hugs !

Every GALS, I hope you will have an happy week. See you soon ! Posted Image

Bénédicte

My cousin met her husband on JDate. I had a horrible date on JDate 6 years ago. :lol: I don't do well on those . . . I'll wait until I am blessed with a man in my life.

I only want to do Yoga alone. Too embarrassing.

Lisa

Guest Pilar

LOL! Lisa....you're a riot.

LISH! That's terrific! Have fun! And send pics!

CHRISTINE....Wass up??? :wave:

I would like to send out a huge THANK YOU to BARB for giving London Town it's own forum. We're in the big leagues now! LOL!

Barb....you are THE WOMAN!!! XOXOXO

I have mixed feelings about online dating. I'm 38 and I do feel as I'm getting older it is getting more difficult to meet eligible men. I blame my Take That years from 91-95 for me being in the position I am now :funnyup: Damn you for being so hot Robbie Williams :kiss:

I was a Take That devotee and whilst I had my flings it was easier not to have a steady bloke whilst I followed them and while I would not call myself a stalker just a fan I did go alot of places round the world to see them in concert/PAs etc with a bunch of friends who I met through Take That. When it all ended I decided it was time to get back to my normal social life - I did not forget my "non TT mates" during that time but they had all got boyfriends or married and all of a sudden no longer wanted to frequent the "singlie" places so whilst I had a good social life out with the girlies it was never in places you could meet eligible blokes and unfortunately that has been the story of my life ever since - longest relationship was 9 months and that was in the 90s. A fling here and there but nothing amounted to much. It wasn't that I wasn't open to a relationship, far from it, i just never happened to meet anybody or lets put it this way if I liked a guy he wasn't interested or vice versa. A previous boss of mine always felt I latched onto celebrity crushes as a way of filling the void.

I do often wonder because I don't have to think of anybody and can just go here and there without a second thought if it would be easy to fit someone in my life and compromise. I admit I am an entertianment buff, love going to movies, theatre, combining my love of travel with entertainment ie going to the Golden Globes, Bafta, coming to CUT and Vegas etc and think it would be great to meet someone who would love to do all of that stuff too. Alot of my friends are convinced I am going to meet my ideal bloke on my travels but so far it has yet to happen. I am currently holding out for that 99 year old millionaire with a dicky ticker in vegas to keep me in the style I plan to become accustomed to :funnyup:

I know a few of my sister's friends have met their husbands online or through dating agencies. These are quite attractive women who like me found it difficult to meet eligible blokes. I suppose part of me feels there must be something wrong if you can't meet a guy through normal channels but have to revert to dating agencies - a kind of last resort. They say there is someone perfect out there for every one of us - well if any of you have met mine just send him my way! :funnyup:

Moira

Howdy doo everybody!!!! :wave::wave::wave::wave: Hugs and stuff all around. Hope everyone has a great week.

I talked to Anna2 earlier. She's on autopilot basically - just running errands and stuff today. The visitation is tonight, and the funeral is tomorrow. She's going to need a lot of positive thoughts and prayers to get through the next couple of days.

Oh, here's some random hotness, just because I love y'all. YUM YUM YUM!!!!!!!!!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

YO PIL!!!!!!!!!!! I'm hanging in there. I had a nice job interview this morning, but I don't want to jinx myself so I'll just broadcast any awesome news if it comes my way. Otherwise, I'll be taciturn. And the plumber returned to finish the job, though someone else needs to stop here in order to tape up and paint the areas where the ceiling is buckled. Anyway, I didn't have a chance to hit the grocery store during my preoccupied day so I ordered myself a pepperoni pizza and slice of cheesecake. Yeah, yeah...it's bad for me. But after the past three days of crazed cleaning, plumbing mayhem, resuming the job search and wanting to kick the store manager's arse at Guitar Center (I need to speak with MY boss, the operations manager, at some point on the phone tomorrow about that dude), I think I fookin' DESERVE IT!!!!!!

I've done a lot of online dating throughout the years and don't think highly of it whatsoever. Then again, my dear friend Cynthia is involved in the best relationship of her forty years with a guy that she met online...and my brother met his current wife online...so I know "it" can happen. But if anyone reads my manifesto on the "Retirement Home" thread from yesterday, you'll know that I feel somewhat similarly to Moira in many respects. I'm not even really interested in a relationship when all is said and done. I like my freedom a tad too much, though I'd think twice if G called me up and asked me for a date and then proceeded to exclaim that he was falling madly in love with me after a few weeks of lengthy, whirlwind dates. Um, I can make an exception for the Hot Scot IF he's the type of guy who'd be compatible with me!

(If he's not, then a hearty bout of hot sex is certainly acceptable.)

Edited by Phantom's Muse

I have mixed feelings about online dating. I'm 38 and I do feel as I'm getting older it is getting more difficult to meet eligible men. I blame my Take That years from 91-95 for me being in the position I am now :funnyup: Damn you for being so hot Robbie Williams :kiss:

I was a Take That devotee and whilst I had my flings it was easier not to have a steady bloke whilst I followed them and while I would not call myself a stalker just a fan I did go alot of places round the world to see them in concert/PAs etc with a bunch of friends who I met through Take That. When it all ended I decided it was time to get back to my normal social life - I did not forget my "non TT mates" during that time but they had all got boyfriends or married and all of a sudden no longer wanted to frequent the "singlie" places so whilst I had a good social life out with the girlies it was never in places you could meet eligible blokes and unfortunately that has been the story of my life ever since - longest relationship was 9 months and that was in the 90s. A fling here and there but nothing amounted to much. It wasn't that I wasn't open to a relationship, far from it, i just never happened to meet anybody or lets put it this way if I liked a guy he wasn't interested or vice versa. A previous boss of mine always felt I latched onto celebrity crushes as a way of filling the void.

I do often wonder because I don't have to think of anybody and can just go here and there without a second thought if it would be easy to fit someone in my life and compromise. I admit I am an entertianment buff, love going to movies, theatre, combining my love of travel with entertainment ie going to the Golden Globes, Bafta, coming to CUT and Vegas etc and think it would be great to meet someone who would love to do all of that stuff too. Alot of my friends are convinced I am going to meet my ideal bloke on my travels but so far it has yet to happen. I am currently holding out for that 99 year old millionaire with a dicky ticker in vegas to keep me in the style I plan to become accustomed to :funnyup:

I know a few of my sister's friends have met their husbands online or through dating agencies. These are quite attractive women who like me found it difficult to meet eligible blokes. I suppose part of me feels there must be something wrong if you can't meet a guy through normal channels but have to revert to dating agencies - a kind of last resort. They say there is someone perfect out there for every one of us - well if any of you have met mine just send him my way! :funnyup:

Moira

I have done the online dating thing several times and am still alone. It's sucks. I think I am way too picky. I'm 36...pushing 37 and starting to get desperate. We're the perfect ages for Gerry!!! Or does he like them younger???

:hello: to all you wonderful people,

It seems like years since i've posted, but i've been flat out at work and trying to get my wayward family in line. :tantrum::catfight::butterfly:

Again this is just another really short drive through to see how things are going, and to keep my finger on the pulse of this place.

Big :kiss: to all who need it and even those who don't (We all need a kiss somewhere along our day!) Sorry it's not from GB, but you can always dream gals. :snog:

Promise i'll catch up soon. I'd love to know how everyone is. G'day to all new members, you've come to the right place to meet a wonderful bunch of people.

Got to fly now as i've a course to go to.

Love to you and yours wherever you maybe in the world. :metoyou:

Ali

ANNA2 - though I'm new to the highrise concept and you've probably not heard from me before, for you:

Time passes. Life happens. Distance separates. Children grow up. Jobs come and go. Love waxes and wanes. Men don't do what they're supposed to do. Hearts break. Parents die. Colleagues forget favors. Careers end.

BUT.........

Sisters are there, no matter how much time and how many miles are between you. A girl friend is never farther away than needing her can reach. When you have to walk that lonesome valley and you have to walk it by yourself, the women in your life will be on the valley's rim, cheering you on, praying for you, pulling for you, intervening on your behalf, and waiting with open arms at the valley's end. Sometimes, they will even break the rules and walk beside you...Or come in and carry you out.

Girlfriends, daughters, granddaughters, daughters-in-law, sisters, sisters-in-law, Mothers, Grandmothers, aunties, nieces, cousins and extended family, all bless our life!

The world wouldn't be the same without women, and neither would I. When we began this adventure called womanhood, we had no idea of the incredible joys or sorrows that lay ahead. Nor did we know how much we would need each other. Every day, we need each other still......

Sending you my deepest sympathies and greatest strength, :wuv: Barb444

LISA, as promised, for you: www.blurb.com (it can't get any easier than this...)

Do the "BOOK" - I know you can.

Oh and I've heard it's best to do yoga while thinking about what you'll write next... :kisswink:

Babs

LISA, as promised, for you: www.blurb.com (it can't get any easier than this...)

Do the "BOOK" - I know you can.

Oh and I've heard it's best to do yoga while thinking about what you'll write next... :kisswink:

Babs

Oh, Babs! If only I had someone like you here with me to encourage me all the time. It would be too hard to make this into a book, though, because of the legality of it. I don't think Wendy Orr would want her hero turned into a sex machine. :lol:

But I WILL check out the site for future ideas!!!

Love you!!!

Lisa