Gerard Butler GALS

Now We Know What Gerry was Doing In India

Hey GALS

I got this as a google alert just now. Gerry was at the Oneness University in Chennai, India. The link is about actress Manisha Koirala(I take it a Bollywood actress)

"Today, she finds herself “calmer and focused” than before. In fact so confident has Manisha become that she doled out some spiritual tips to Hollywood actor Gerard Butler who came to Oneness University, benefited from it, but was filled with doubts when he was on his way back."

Here is the link and also one to the Oneness University.

http://www.apunkachoice.com/scoop/bollywood/20080521-2.html

http://www.onenessuniversity.org/oneness/cms/home/index.html

http://atimetoheal-om.net/sec%20A%20-%20ar...sUniversity.htm

I hope Gerry finds what he is looking for on his spiritual journey. :kiss:

Moira

Edited by framolamdu

Ladies,

Did I miss something on the site (and in the press)? When was he there? A quick recap if you please?

Barb

Oh, good! So I'm not the only one who had no idea he was there. I'm happy for him, though, that he is taking care of his spiritual side as well as his career. It's so important to find a balance, and doubly so in the crazy business he works in.

Issy

If you listen back to the conference calls for Nim's Island he says he was jet lagged because he had been on a plane from india and he mentioned being in India again a few times during the call ie I was just in India - I was really surprised nobody thought to ask why he was actually there but I guess you all maybe had to stick with your designated questions.

Moira

I love that Gerry continues to seek spirituality and find peace in his soul. It makes me feel like it's okay that I still don't have an inkling into my own soul and spiritual journey

I guess this one didn't work for him, though. Here's what I found this morning:

Article

Manisha Koirala seeks spiritual peace

21st May 2008 15.09 IST

By ApunKaChoice

Actress Manisha Koirala , whose career is not exactly going great guns, is seeking inner peace through spirituality.

Manisha claims she has been a seeker of inner peace ever since she can remember. First, she sought it through traveling, books, and companionship. Now, she has acquired a strong spiritual bent of mind to reach her goal.

However, the turning point came when a filmmaker friend of hers told her about Oneness University in Chennai. Manisha went to the university and instantly fell in love with its environment and its teachings. Leaving all the worries about her sapping acting career, Manisha immersed herself into spirituality.

Today, she finds herself “calmer and focused” than before. In fact so confident has Manisha become that she doled out some spiritual tips to Hollywood actor Gerard Butler who came to Oneness University, benefited from it, but was filled with doubts when he was on his way back.

Manisha, who has recently spent a good deal of time with her ailing father, says the teachings of Oneness University help her in dealing with all aspects of life.

And guess what! She has got a new man in her life. The mystery man is an American. And (no prizes for guessing) he, too, is spiritually inclined.

On Bollywood front, Manisha is working in director Partho Ghosh’s film Ek Second Zindagi Badal De in which she plays a double role.

Lisa there is already a topic started on this under all things Gerry - i started it some hours ago as I was sent a google alert.

Moira

Edited by framolamdu

If you listen back to the conference calls for Nim's Island he says he was jet lagged because he had been on a plane from india and he mentioned being in India again a few times during the call ie I was just in India - I was really surprised nobody thought to ask why he was actually there but I guess you all maybe had to stick with your designated questions.

Moira

Ah, ah - I missed that call... thought I was going crazy

I should have known that Moira would be me to it! :kiss:

I only hope that Gerry eventually finds what he needs to feel fullfilled and comfortable in his soul. It makes me feel really good that he's searching on his own, learning for himself and taking what he needs and leaving the rest for someone else.

:hearts:

Lisa

For 3 and a half years now, I have been saying that Gerry was on a spiritual quest. Quite a few people on other sites have jumped all over me for making such an assumption about someone I don't know.... but you don't have to know a person to recognize soul/spirit hunger. I recognized that quality in Gerry very early in my fandom, and it is gratifying to know that my instincts (and the instincts of many other fans) were correct.

My own initial spiritual journey led me down many roads, and as I have found fulfillment in my Christian faith, I hope Gerry discovers the truth he is seeking too.

Swannie

I don't know why anyone would jump all over you, sweetie. Anyone who knows and follows Gerry's career knows that he's been on a spiritual journey. He's talked about it many times in interviews. It was one of the things that made me fall for him almost a year ago. I have been on a spiritual journey for many years, and actually last summer was when I really looked into spirituality instead of religion.

Gerry is an inspiration in so many ways, and I'm proud to be his fan.

I am new here so please forgive me as I stumble through my posts... :)

When I was much younger I used to be a very spiritual person. But as I grew up and life's responsibilities started slapping me upside the head, I lost touch with much of my spirituality until late last year.

I won't go into the details, at least not in this thread, regarding what I refer to as my "awakening", but the spiritual quest I have been on since has been amazing, and I have learned much about myself and my interaction with others.

If our dear Mr. Butler is seeking to connect with his spiritual side, all the power to him! It is not always an easy process, but it is enlightening and empowering, giving you a sense of peace and purpose in life that is beyond explanation.

Lisa there is already a topic started on this under all things Gerry - i started it some hours ago as I was sent a google alert.

Moira

Can you please PM me and tell me what you have to do to get Google alerts on Gerry?

I have seen this referenced several times on the site, I just don't know how to do it. You can tell me

on this thread if you want to, I just never seem to get answers unless someone PMs me. Someone,

please tell me how to get them. Also, the new pics from 5/15 on the bikes was great. I needed a fix

bad. I have really missed new pics in the last couple of weeks. I thought maybe that was when he

was in India, but I do remember the jet lag statement he made during the interview. I thought it was

part of the PSILY junket when he said it. By the way, is he buying a bike? He was on 3 different ones

in those pics, a red one, a black one, and a white one. He needs one with a basket to carry "Lolly."

I know he is seeking inner strength and peace, but I wish he would just go back to his childhood church.

He obviously was taught well. He is so stable in his religion and in his religious views. He has said on

more than one ocassion that he is a believer. He makes no bones about it, which is rare in his profession, which I for one am VERY proud of him for. I know there is nothing wrong with finding other ways to express your beliefs, meditate, etc., but I wish he would trust his own heart and spirit a little more. He already has all the answers. He is so Wonderful and so Precious. I hate to see him in personal turmoil. His soul is safe. God won't ever forsake him, I know this in My heart and spirit.

I pray every day for him to find the peace he is constantly seeking. It is so much closer to him than he seems to think. He already has it, all he has to do is except it. I know I am not the only one praying for him. He couldn't throw his soul away if he tried. He is put in front of God to much from all who love him.

:whome2:

Yes, Darlin'

As much as we all love you, God couldn't possibly help but love you too, no matter what you think you may do to change it.

Sandy

I greatly admire anyone who aims to discover and improve themselves and the lives they lead. The best of luck to anyone in that place at the moment.

BTW Are they insinuating that GB is the mysterious american?

Nay

BTW Are they insinuating that GB is the mysterious american?

Nay[/font]

I didn't get that from the article at all. Gerry isn't American. :lol:

We know that he is not an American, but they do not have to know.

:pointy::pointy::pointy:

As to the "mysterious American", I think that if they had ment GB they would have mentioned it in the paragraph speaking about him, to me it looks like they speak about two different persons (I assume we refer to the article under the first link in the post 1). But who knows?

Edited by Donnie

I wish him to find the peace and happiness he is looking for, whatever way it is, spiritualism or religion or anything else.

I am fairly new to GB's world but from what I gathered from his interviews i understand that he is not one of those people who only look for material achievements, like fame and money but he is looking for a personal growht and being an actor is a challenge to himself and a way to learn more about himself, a path of discovery.

Apparently he is loooking for more answers to his questions also outside his acting work. I really hope he can find what he needs for his happiness.

I said a long time ago he's got a lot of inner turmoil going on and I'm glad that he is seeking some sort of answers or maybe inner peace... I am not familiar with this Oneness place and I'm also skeptical of a lot of these types of "Temples" but I'm sure he has done his research and knows what he's doing! I wish him all the peace and solace that his soul can take! God knows he needs it...

:wave: Fran

I know he is seeking inner strength and peace, but I wish he would just go back to his childhood church.

He obviously was taught well. He is so stable in his religion and in his religious views. He has said on

more than one ocassion that he is a believer. He makes no bones about it, which is rare in his profession, which I for one am VERY proud of him for. I know there is nothing wrong with finding other ways to express your beliefs, meditate, etc., but I wish he would trust his own heart and spirit a little more. He already has all the answers. He is so Wonderful and so Precious. I hate to see him in personal turmoil. His soul is safe. God won't ever forsake him, I know this in My heart and spirit.

I pray every day for him to find the peace he is constantly seeking. It is so much closer to him than he seems to think. He already has it, all he has to do is except it. I know I am not the only one praying for him. He couldn't throw his soul away if he tried. He is put in front of God to much from all who love him.

Sandy,

This was a beautiful post and I agree wholeheartedly. I just wanted to tell you that and how much your words touched me. I found much peace and fulfillment in my Christain faith for many years, so I am also still on a spiritaul journey much like a lot of others. :hearts: It makes my heart glad to know that Gerry had a solid Christian upbringing (a big thank you to his mum!) and has spoken out that he is a believer. I have only heard him say this once. It was on the "Cinemax 60 Seconds with Hilary Swank" video. Has there been other occassions when he has spoken about his faith and being a believer? If anyone knows of interviews/articles, I would appreciate it very much if you could point me to the links.

ETA: Gerry, I wish you find the Peace you are seeking. I pray you find Truth and happiness in all you do. :hearts:

I am enjoying this thread!

Edited by GerrysJewel