Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

Oh my Patrick my other man, Dirty Dancing my other favorite movie and I have that picture of him and Jennifer signed by them crawling on the floor I cherish it too.

I had my aeortic heart valve replaced in 1992 I am on coumadin because I got a carbon steel valve, a st judes valve. Its leaking a little bit again but I take heart Arrythmia meds. so he will probably too. But the heart arrythmia just started with my last heart attack in 2004 when they tried to put a stent in and it didn't work. But Hang in there Sue I love you and I will keep you and Dan in my prayers and I know he will be fine. He is in the Lords hands, and Thats the best place to be and I will pray the Lord gives the drs. the knowledge they need also for this. love you lots.

write me and let me know how it all goes. Just be there for him as I know you are and take one minute by one minute. You are a sweet lady. love Betts

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sue - I hope that this means the surgery turns up nothing to worry about. Back to 1994 when my husband was diagnosed with lymphoma, that only happened by a fluke as well. He was a truck driver at the time and was stuck on I-5 the morning of the big Northridge earthquake. All the spores and stuff brought up by the aftershocks gave him a cough. The cough wouldn't go away so that led to a chest x-ray which revealed the big (grapefruit size) tumor in his chest. The tumor wasn't causing the coughing, but if not for the cough who knows how much longer that thing would have been growing because he had no symptoms of lymphoma at the time. We thanked God for that cough, which revealed the lymphoma in time for it to be treated. So maybe this lump in Dan's neck was there so that his heart condition would be discovered. My prayers will be with you both all day tomorrow.

SUE! Yes He does. Thank God that problem was found before something irreparable happened. I'm really glad.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and Dan today and tomorrow - and always!!!

:hearts:

Lisa

What Lisa said! :hugs:

Ditto from me too, Sue. Glad Dan got in to the MD so quickly. My thoughts and prayers are with you both tomorrow.

Oh, Lordamercy... Betts! Your siggy!!!! *faint*

I just wanted to show off my new one. Beachie is a genius!!! Truly!

Sue, you and Dan are still in my thoughts and prayers... Love ya!

I know. Beachie is a genius, I tell you! And the butterfly bubbles dazzle me.

I love new siggy day!!! I need to change mine more often.

I know. Beachie is a genius, I tell you! And the butterfly bubbles dazzle me.

I love new siggy day!!! I need to change mine more often.

Ha! And I change mine waaay too often!!

But look how SEXY my new one is!!!!!

Edited by phoenixgirl

If Gerry ever sees that photo manip, please DON'T tell him that it was originally my idea!

*contemplates posting something in silly thread*

Hey everyone! We had tornado warnings while I was at work today. Word has it a funnel cloud was spotted just a mile or two from my work. It's not fair. We shouldn't be having tornados AND earthquakes. Everything is so flooded. Someone's house actually got swept off it's foundation, and some woman came in danger of losing her life when she tried to cross a flooded area in her car (don't people ever learn). Areas that don't normally flood are getting flooded. I'm wondering how long we can keep this up before we have another flood like we did in '93. It isn't even June. I think they said we got either 6 or 9 inches of rain last Saturday alone. I'm actually running the furnace. This is weird.

Donnakat:

I pray that you will continue to be safe.

Being in Oregon I feel so blessed that

our weather here is relatively calm.

I know I would freak out if I ever saw

a tornado. Dont know how you guys

do it.

Take care

Debbie

Dearest Galfriend Sue, my prayers and thoughts go with you and Dan today, God Bless you both.

'When I am hurt, He heals me

When I am broken, He mends me.

When I am blind, He leads me.

When I am hungry, He feeds me.

When I face trails, He is with me.

When I face problems, He comforts me.

When I face loss, He provides for me.

He is everything for everybody, everywhere, every time and every way.

He is God. He is faithful, I am His and He is mine'.

Be safe all who face the tornado,

A,nd something for the rest of us who need good cheer today Yes! Gerry loves to dance. :wuv:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image :tantrum: I wish my name was Anna Friel!

Hugs,

Anna X the invisible one?

Edited by Anna

Does he look like a guy who knows how to have a good time, or what? :pointy: What adorable pics of him...thanks so much for sharing!!!

Yea!

I found the song that is used in my sig by Cat. It is Crush by Solange

Wow, I had forgotten how this song makes me feel about Gerry... Siggggh!!!! I posted it, so y'all could enjoy it too.

Crush

*crush*

*crush*

*crush*

Come here stranger

Come and dance with me

Listen life changer

Don't fret take a chance with me

When you move like that

I can just fall in love with you (In love with you)

You think I'm speeding, that's until you see

I wasn't I was leading the future for you and me

And when you move like that

I can just fall in love you (In love with you)

Close your eyes and move

Please don't think just groove

Please do that for me

Let them know you're my baby

Speechless, enchanted when I see you baby

Reachless, romantic just keep dancing baby

When you move like that

Ooo keep climbing make your mark in here

Your eyes keep shining though it's dark in here

And when you move like

Close your eyes and move

Please don't think don't think just groove

Please do that for me

Let them know your my baby

It's weird I know but somehow I know

I've been handed you, you've been handed me

It's like some fantasy

I like you I want you

Dance with me

Forever (ever)

You're undecided you wanna mingle more

Your face just brightens when you think of me as yours

And when you smile like that

Seems like the world suspects something baby

They should pinch themselves

Cause they ain't dreaming baby

And when we kiss like that

The whole world would just fall in love too (In love too)

Close your eyes and move

Please don't think just groove

Please do that for me

Let them know your my baby

*Crush*

*Crush*

*Crush*

*Crush*

*Crush*

Here is a YouTube link. Wow, would this make a great Gerry Video??? :drool1:

Good Morning ladies! All these gorgeous manips and siggies to look at oh my. You ladies have been busy. I have some updating to do myself but by the time I get home I'm so tired I don't feel like doing anything. I have about a month 1/2 then the pain and whatnot will subside. Of course the AM feedings and sleepness nights being but I'll take it over the pain anyday.

DK - Girl, make sure you have the proper insurance and stay safe. My family so far is not affected which is nice. My mom lives in the city and my aunt lives on a high plain in North County. I know you guys have been having a bit of rain. I guess we're getting the wind and chill here in Chicago and you guys got the rain.

Sue - As Susan stated, things do have a way of working mysteriously and hopefully the neck issue was a mask to find the heart problem. I'm still hoping as is everyone else that the lump turns out to be nothing but that - a lump of fatty tissue or something like that. We all hope that Dan is on his way to a clean bill of health soon. Please keep us posted.

Okay ladies, I have about another hour to enjoy a bit of Gerry craving. My powers that be are in meetings until noon, but I'm swamped here so I better find some time to at least work. I shall return.

Cassie

Sue, you and Dan are in my prayers and thoughts today.

Donna, Cassie's right about insurance. Even in my apartment, I have renter's insurance (which was ALMOST handy ten days ago when I nearly had a flood in here). Keep abreast of the weather reports and don't leave the house if it looks bad. Your life is much more valuable than your job.

Gals, I am really sickened this morning. My job hunt has yielded very few results, and the people who were interested in me last week are now avoiding me. And the temp agencies have nothing, though one recruiter said that she had a possibility for me yesterday and then didn't follow up. Even my manager at Guitar Center is treating me differently since I presented my doctor's note to her; she's trying to find any little reason to criticize my performance, and it required ALL of my might not to chew her to bits when I talked with her on the phone a little earlier. Does anyone know if you need to be with an employer for a certain amount of time before they can provide you with a pink slip upon firing or laying you off? I suspect that they may try to lay me off, but the one other time I was laid off I was also given a pink slip for unemployment benefits.

However, I just really, really need a full-time job. This isn't funny. I feel desperate, especially as the finances suck (sorry for the vernacular).

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

He's squirming with a blonde! A BLONDE!!!

(lol)

And the blond in question is I think Penny Lancaster ie Mrs Rod Stewart who must be huge since Gerry is 6ft 2. I always thought he looked nice with Anna Friel even though she has been with David Tewlis since Timeline.

Moira

OHHHHHHHH... To dance with Gerry!!! :drool1:

I love how he holds his dance partners hand when he is dancing... I adore the interlaced fingers hand hold! *NanLynn goes off into a day dream, starts to hyperventalate and then faints on to her key board*

THUD!!!! :thud:

Edited by NanLynn

OHHHHHHHH... To dance with Gerry!!! :drool1:

I love how he holds his dance partners hand when he is dancing... I adore the interlaced fingers hand hold! *NanLynn goes off into a day dream, starts to hyperventalate and then faints on to her key board*

THUD!!!! :thud:

:funnyup: Stand in line Galfriend, we wuz 'ere first! :catfight::behave:

:welcome: NanLynn, pull up a chair and get comfy!

hugs,

Anna X

Hi there Elissa, didn't see ya! X

Edited by Anna

Gals,

On a slightly different note (ahem, sorry about the pun...) re: music, dancing, de-stressing, etc., I thought some of us could use something soothing to listen to as we go through all our separate trials.

So let me suggest Tim Janis. Is anyone familiar with? I heard one song from his "Water's Edge" (2000) CD and bought it on the spot. It's all instrumental - short pieces. I use this CD when I read, while on the PC, as background music while I'm throwing small, intimate, dinner parties.

The first song makes my heart swell and brings me to tears, it's so beautiful. The pennywhistle gets me everyt time.... I envision standing on high cliffs looking out to sea, watching the waves crash below, seeing birds soaring high. Though this isn't a "Celtic" CD, parts of it give me the feel of the Highlands, acres upon acres of green countryside and rocky mounds and moutains in the distance...

He has many more and they HAVE to be just as good. He even has a Christmas album. Any comments on them if anyone owns some?

Barb