Gerard Butler GALS

Gerry Addicted Lust Syndrome (continued)

I apologize for interupting the silliness but I need to put on my Admin hat and post something here.

Yesterday was a very uncomfortable day for many in this thread. Some raw nerves were touched and some things were posted that should have been moderated at the time. Unfortunately too few of us on the Mod Squad were available to step in at the time and after we were able to review the entirety of what was posted and subsequent to much discussion, several posts are now set to invisible. NOT all of the posts were problematic but because they were part of the uncomfortable flow and lost context when other posts were removed, they are also invisible.

We decided to post about it here, both as notification to those whose posts are no longer visible, as well as to let the membership at large know that we are doing our best to "mind the store" and keep this site one that is warm and welcoming and supportive to all our members.

If anyone needs to discuss what was or was not made invisible please PM me - and please do NOT post about it here.

Now feel free to resume your Gerry lusting and chicken dancing.

LOL

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:clap: I so agree... it is very nice to pull up a chair and watch the fun... I'm sitting right behind you NanLynn. BTW, Welcome to GALS!

Linda (Beachie)

Thanks, Linda, or do you prefer Beachie?

I am glad that you got my back... But scoot that chair up here for a better view of the show! It's getting pretty hot in here! :heat:

Thank you for the :welcome1: So far I have been having a blast here at GB Gals. I have spent much of my time here just trying to see what everyone is writing... I have fell off my chair a couple of times... Spewed soda all over my monitor... and drooled all over myself! :drool1:

Hey, Gerry, hand me that towel... :jackie:

Now that is what I call having a great day!!!

:rockon: Aaaahhh ... the full Monty (Python that is)!! No-one does it better.

Ms Sporran Maaam, I surely don't envy the Mod Squad at times - but well worded.

John Cleese is a comic genius! But who else could just SO see Gerry doing that? Remember these - I think he was applying for a grant from the Ministry of Silly Walks!

Japan1

Japan 2

Berlin1

Berlin 2

Guest DonnaKat

John Cleese is a comic genius! But who else could just SO see Gerry doing that? Remember these - I think he was applying for a grant from the Ministry of Silly Walks!

Japan1

Japan 2

Berlin1

Berlin 2

:funnyup: I had never seen those before! It does look like the Ministry of Silly Walks!

Edited by DonnaKat

*Sigh* I would love for Gerry to be in some sort of Monty Python revival movie or something. How cool would that be. Although I've always thought he was ready to break out into some sort break dance when I see the Japan pics. Everytime I see them I hear "Kraftwerk" in the back of my head. Please make it stop! :lalala:

Cassie

Mmmm...a taste of Gerry...my palate would be ruined for all other flavors!

I have to tell you ladies, I've been away from this site for so long, writing three books, back to back, for Harlequin. But my next book is a totally self-indulgent Gerry-fantasy and I just can't believe my editor loved the premise as much as I do!

"Graham Hamilton is Hollywood's hottest heartthrob, and nobody heats up his fan websites like Lara Whitfield. The erotic fan fiction she pens about the sexy actor has legions of fans wondering who she is, and how she manages to create such scorching scenarios.

Lara plans on attending a 3-day celebrity fan festival dedicated to the futuristic blockbuster hit, Galaxy’s End, and to the acclaimed Scottish actor whose good looks and delicious accent made it so popular. She'll even attend the festival's masked costume event, secure in the knowledge her identity will be hidden behind the space soldier outfit she's ordered. After all, she wouldn't want the celebrity stud to recognize her. While the tabloids proclaim Graham to be the world's sexiest bachelor, Lara knows that isn't entirely true. Sure, he's drop-dead sexy, but only she knows he isn't a bachelor at all...

While fans believe her writing is pure fiction, Lara knows it's based on fact. She knows all about Graham. She learned every inch of his hard body, every taste of his sinfully delicious kisses...on their wedding night. Okay, so it was a youthful elopement that didn’t extend beyond one wild, unforgettable night, but that one night has been burned into her memory for ten years…"

Much of the story takes place at the 3-day fan festival, so I want to live vicariously through those of you who are going to Las Vegas! And of course, the marriage that my heroine thought was annulled ten years ago is still intact--legally, anyway. Which explains why Graham has never been linked romantically with any woman, despite his enormous appeal with women. I can't wait for this book to be released and hope you all enjoy reading it as much as I loved writing it! And please...what happens in Vegas shouldn't stay in Vegas...tell me all!

GALS, just quickly. I have an update on Sue's (Irish) hubby. Dan has been diagnosed with cancer. I posted more info in the prayer thread.

Suzie

Karen Elizabeth, I'd like more information about the books you have had published. We always support the GALS's authors. Under what name do you publish? Your new book sounds wonderful - let us know when we can get it!

Suzie

Karen Elizabeth, I'd like more information about the books you have had published. We always support the GALS's authors. Under what name do you publish? Your new book sounds wonderful - let us know when we can get it!

Suzie

Oh, thank you, Suzie! I write under my real name, Karen Foley, for Harlequin Blaze (steamy stuff!). My first book, FLYBOY, came out last October. My next book, OVERNIGHT SENSATION, will be released on Sep 1, 2008. Following that, ABLE-BODIED comes out in Feb 09, and then my Gerry-licious book, tentatively titled UNMASKED, comes out in Nov 09.

Karen, I ordered Flyboy and pre-ordered Overnight Sensation. I can't wait to read them...especially Flyboy as I was an Air Force brat and wife (twice!). Thanks for the information!

Suzie

I honestly think that many of us could use a good, hearty laugh. Well, here's the elixir for ya!

"Too many OB/GYN's aren't able to practice their love with women all across the country." (G.W. Bush)

Now I firmly believe that I've really heard EVERYTHING...

Edited by Phantom's Muse

Exactly! I don't know who has the better quotes, George or Dan Quayle! (Now *he* had some winners as well...)

As for the Silly Walk, I think that Gerry would absolutely ace it because he's tall and has long legs. That's the necessary combination for a good Silly Walk. My brother-in-law won my heart when he began to date my sister in '88 for several reasons, one of which was the fact that he, at six feet tall, had a very accomplished Silly Walk.

But John Cleese is THE MASTER.

Karen Elizabeth wrote:

"Oh, thank you, Suzie! I write under my real name, Karen Foley, for Harlequin Blaze (steamy stuff!). My first book, FLYBOY, came out last October. My next book, OVERNIGHT SENSATION, will be released on Sep 1, 2008. Following that, ABLE-BODIED comes out in Feb 09, and then my Gerry-licious book, tentatively titled UNMASKED, comes out in Nov 09."

Oooooooo!!! I love romance novels... I will definitely have to check those out!

I would love to write one. I have started on one, but I can't seem to get past the 3rd chapter... Hmmmmmmm? Maybe I should just stick to art and my real eastate investing and leave the writing to the pros!

I still think that they should do a movie on book Outlander by Dianna Gabaldon... Gerry would be an outstanding Jamie Frasier!!!! :beo:

:drool1:

Karen Elizabeth wrote:

"Oh, thank you, Suzie! I write under my real name, Karen Foley, for Harlequin Blaze (steamy stuff!). My first book, FLYBOY, came out last October. My next book, OVERNIGHT SENSATION, will be released on Sep 1, 2008. Following that, ABLE-BODIED comes out in Feb 09, and then my Gerry-licious book, tentatively titled UNMASKED, comes out in Nov 09."

Hi "NanLyn',

I'm sorry I have not welcomed you properly. Been busy with regular life and getting ready for school this summer. I am so glad to know you have a book out, I am bored with my favorites and need something new. I'll look up your book and try it out. I'm usually a Victorian Mystery buff and I especially love the 1800's to 1930's mysteries, especially when they contain 'real' characters from that ers. It's time to try something new for a bit.

I hope you have a good time here. It's wonderful, and the GALS and PALS are great!!!

Joanna

Hello to the new members!

Does anyone know how to access the chat room? Do I need a special password? I know, what an archaic question! But I've never tried the chat (believe it or not) so it's totally new to me. Thank you in advance!