Gerard Butler GALS
Sign in to follow this  
MareksLadyD

Tough Job, but we need you

I wanted to add a kudos here. I think the mods do an extraordinary job, especially given the sensitive nature of what they have to do sometimes. And I take my hat off to you for sticking to your guns and remaining respectful in all situations. Few people like to be the bad guy and crack down when things get out of control, but it's a necessary job. I just don't want it to be a thankless one.

I'm sure some of you lately are feeling under appreciated and even disrespected. And I can completely understand why if you do. My hope is this isn't the intention and that everyone on the board sees and applauds all the work you do for us and understands it's not personal, but it has to be done.

I love you guys and I wish I was gonna see you in Vegas. Katie, Holly, Jilly (cuz I hung with them last year) you all need to find a poolside bar and have a drink for me. :kiss:

Here, here! Thank you for everything that you do. I mean it.

Thank you for creating this thread, Dawn. It needed to be said.

:drink:

Thanks!!

"...I'd tip my hat to you...but I haven't got a hat..." (That was for Katie who knows every song on the planet. LOL)

Seriously... :clap: to the entire MOD Squad.

Thanks Dawn for saying it for us.

I also want to say a big THANK YOU to the Mods and Admins. I am blessed that we have such loving and gentle women running this board. You DO make this such a wonderful board to belong to, and I am proud to be a member of GALS. :kiss:

And more than that, I'm sure Gerry is proud that he has such devoted fans that care about the integrity of something that has his name attached to it. :drink:

Lisa

Edited by phoenixgirl

I agree Dawn, it's tough to keep this bunch under control, we all know it has to be done. Lately on the board things have gotten out of hand and stressful for some, the MODS have stepped in to REMIND us why we are ALL here. This should be a place of fun and love sharing of our favorite guy. This should not be a place where a GAL should be slammed for her affection for Gerry, or where a GAL steps in to run the show, the MODS are here for that. I've seen it here lately, I'd like to thank them for caring about ALL of us and not just the IN CROWD on the board! Edited by hotlips70

I appreciate very much all of the Mods & Admin.s hard work and dedication.

Love,

Tracy :kiss:

P.S. Kudos to Dawn S for starting this thread. :wuv:

I for one don't know of any "in" crowd on the board. People will naturally gravitate towards a smaller group to which they have common interests and are naturally closer to. Doesn't mean one group is any more important or "in" than any other.And Im glad I miss the slamming, I just see exchanges of opinions. Thank goodness we are allowed to do that here thanks to our MODS and ADMINS! keeping it respectful.

I just wanted to show appreciation's for the Mods keeping us with in guidelines.

Edited by DawnS

Here's a shout out to the MODS & ADMINS from me too! I really appreciate all the work put forth to keep GALS what it is. I LOVE IT HERE! :wuv::wuv::wuv:

I'm sure Gerry is proud to have his name associated with us here. We may get a bit out of line, but I'm always appreciative for the way you push us back in. It's always respectful and please know that you all have my respect as well. :kisswink:

:metoyou:

~ Donna Lee

There's nothing wrong with that, didn't mean to imply it!

I just think as a fan site we should all push and strive to UNDERSTAND there is a difference in having a opinion and just down right busting a GAL out on the board. Sometimes if our opinion is going to be hurtful or disrespectful or rude we shouldn't post it, we should PM that person with our opinion if it matters that much to keep things on a level of respect that we all deserve. I know things get carried away, it's so easy to do, but we are only human, mistakes will be made, I praise the MODS for their excellent work in keeping their grace and handling these issues with such dignity and respect. MY HAT is off to them!

What I meant by the IN CROWD, is the ones who think only THEIR opinion matters the most. It's okay if everyone has their own friends they like to talk to, that's great, but we should be welcoming to other GALS and their love for Gerry and do the best we can to just have a good time here, that's why I have stayed on this board.

I share these thoughts in the hope that it will be helpful not detrimental to the development of this board and it's members, I care about this place and the people here and just want to keep sharing the love.

ANNA :wave: :wave: :wave:

I'm sure Gerry is proud to have his name associated with us here. We may get a bit out of line, but I'm always appreciative for the way you push us back in.

~ Donna Lee

Well, it's not like Gerry EVER gets out of line or says anything off color . . . naahh, not our boy. :lmao:

Ah, so we're just like him, aren't we? HUMAN!! :wuv::wuv:

Respect is the main issue and the mods do a fantastic job of keeping that in line. And they deserve respect for the job they do. And I think as a whole most GALS I know don't cross that line of respecting each other. the Real Gerry thread I think is testament to that. Although opinions differ the tone was generally respectful. There are plenty of places to go to pick fights and argue points ad nauseum.

So again I love the mods and lets let them hear it GALS!!!!

Edited by DawnS

I sure appreciate you, Mods N' Admins for all your hard work to keep this a pleasant site. Thank you all.

I hope to meet some of you in Vegas. I'll be the one taking lots of pictures, so be nice. LOL Justing kidding. You are the best!

Sally

Cheers Ladies.

There aren't words in the English language or I don't have them to tell you how much your friendship and unselfish nature means to me. I am very proud to call you my friends long before you wore the proud purple.

All my love,

KB

I add my thanks to all the mods and admins, too. You're doing a great job!

Hugs,

Andrea

Bravo Bravo to all our Mods & Admins. for the outstanding job that they do for us. I love it here and I think Gerry would be proud of these awesome ladies working so hard to keep this site the BEST.

Grateful hugs, Barbara :wave:

Edited by lugerry

:drink:

Thanks!!

For your siggie, "How can one man be so beautiful?" God did it, made him beautiful for us. I don't know who deserved it, but I'm thankful everyday for whoever it was, because I get to enjoy him too!! Of course, everyone already knows, I think he made him perfect too!!

:whome2:

Yes, Darlin',

You and only you!!

And about the admins, I totally agree and admin them so for what they do. I can't imagine a day that I couldn't visit this site now. I'm totally greatful for all you do!

Sandy

I agree Dawn, it's tough to keep this bunch under control, we all know it has to be done. Lately on the board things have gotten out of hand and stressful for some, the MODS have stepped in to REMIND us why we are ALL here. This should be a place of fun and love sharing of our favorite guy. This should not be a place where a GAL should be slammed for her affection for Gerry, or where a GAL steps in to run the show, the MODS are here for that. I've seen it here lately, I'd like to thank them for caring about ALL of us and not just the IN CROWD on the board!

What, did someone find out what Glaswegian chocolate is? Tell me, Tell me.

Sandy

The ADMIN and MODS are the BEST we could ask for, my love goes out to them for putting up with all of us!

Here! Here! :goodjob: My hat's off to you the Mods and the Mins. I have really enjoyed being a part of Gals and so wish I was going to Vegas to meet so many of you but hopefully next year!! For all you do this bud's :rose: for you..........

Tojo :wave:

Cheers Ladies.

There aren't words in the English language or I don't have them to tell you how much your friendship and unselfish nature means to me. I am very proud to call you my friends long before you wore the proud purple.

All my love,

KB

What is the proud purple? Have I missed something? Do we have a Gerry color? Please advise.

Sandy

Cheers Ladies.

All my love,

KB

What is the proud purple? Have I missed something? Do we have a Gerry color? Please advise.

Sandy

:wave: :wave:Hey there Shirsan,

Yep, the MODS proud color is PURPLE, they've earned it, when you look down at the bottom of the board at the stats, you'll notice the MODS are highlighted in purple, GO TEAM PURPLE!

Well I've had my hand slapped on couple ocassions :doh: so I know the MOD/AMDIN patrol are doing their job. Not sure of the drama going on lately and really don't want to know frankly. I try to stay out of it. I'm very proud to be a GAL and I adore every MOD/ADMIN on this site. You guys rock and thanks for making this a great place to hang out. :kiss:

Cassie

*SIGH*

I remember my first modication well. Although it was induced by a mod *coughBethycough* it was quickly corrected by her. PERSONALLY, my subsequent errors in judgement have left me mortified. I'm a grown @$$ woman. I should know how to behave in public. IMHO moderating MY posts should be relatively easy. If it isn't, I am to blame.

Thanks for keeping my playground open.

:hugs:

Edited by TheBlonde

Guest Pilar

There's nothing wrong with that, didn't mean to imply it!

I just think as a fan site we should all push and strive to UNDERSTAND there is a difference in having a opinion and just down right busting a GAL out on the board. Sometimes if our opinion is going to be hurtful or disrespectful or rude we shouldn't post it, we should PM that person with our opinion if it matters that much to keep things on a level of respect that we all deserve. I know things get carried away, it's so easy to do, but we are only human, mistakes will be made, I praise the MODS for their excellent work in keeping their grace and handling these issues with such dignity and respect. MY HAT is off to them!

What I meant by the IN CROWD, is the ones who think only THEIR opinion matters the most. It's okay if everyone has their own friends they like to talk to, that's great, but we should be welcoming to other GALS and their love for Gerry and do the best we can to just have a good time here, that's why I have stayed on this board.

I share these thoughts in the hope that it will be helpful not detrimental to the development of this board and it's members, I care about this place and the people here and just want to keep sharing the love.

ANNA :wave: :wave: :wave:

Yep!!

:clap: