5/31 - POTO - SEQUEL!

heISmyGspot

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest gjbfn

Hello ladies

I,m a newbie so I gently tender my bit. If Gerry does it I will move heaven and earth and wheelchair to be there. I Love Phantom and Gerry. They connect.

Bless you all.

Joan

spirit38~

I'm a newbie, too, on this site. But I'm not a newbie when it comes to Gerry. I would love to see him play the Phantom again. And I'm hoping that it will be a good script to keep the fantasy of Gerry's Phantom alive. It's nice to meet a fellow newbie and Phantom lover. :rose:

PJ

P.S. I totally agree, this IS a wonderful site!

Edited by pamelajane

Wow it's so nice to see so many newbies here, and the fact that most are drawn on site by Gerry's performance in POTO! :welcome:

:phantom2: Once the Phantom captures your heart you'll never be the same.....and he will haunt :reddeath2: your dreams if you try to leave him, :cunning: that's not a bad idea though is it?

Does anyone have any thoughts on the opening of 'The Phantom in Paris'?, will it have an adverse influence on ALW's sequel?

I do hope that no one confuses them! :( Did you see the clip?

http://www.phantom-von-paris.de/pp-trailer-dsl.html What's going on with the wig?

I have mislaid my CD of POTO and I always listen to it when I do the ironing, I had to put the DVD on because I was so ready to hear Gerry sing.....the ironing had to wait ofcourse!

hugs to all,

Anna X

:funnyup: Anna! Bad housewife!! :kisswink:

*Chases dustbunnies away only to discover they have mutated to dust Giant Belgians* :unsure:

And a hearty welcome to all newbies, :drink:

- myself a Butlerized by way of POTO-dvd early summer of 2006 :reddeath::erik::wuv:

The promo of POTO once upon a time

THE MIRROR POTO 2004

Bless ALW for getting older and wiser..., hopefully he is not about to...

:confused:WHOAT?? Just saying...

Edited by NordicGirl

:funnyup: Eva Mari sweetie, that is the 'old' POTO with Sarah Brightman..................

hugs,

Anna X

PS :tantrum: new Dvd player not multi region! Half my collection is unplayable until we fix it.....still no POTO Cd, I'll have to order a new copy.

X

Yes, I know, Anna! *Not allowed to bash, not allowed to bash....*

*Hugs Anna* So SO sorry about the dvdplayer-situation, hon!! *Hugs again*:wuv:

:wave: Anna,

Sorry about DVD player too. :makeout: But they are pretty cheap now. Unless you want a really high class one that plays 5 discs. Good luck finding your POTO!!! But a new one is still pretty much more fun to get. Did you have the two disc set? If so and you'd like me to copy it for you and send it to you let me know.

Jo

• 3 weeks later...

If Gerry doesn't play the Phantom. I ain't gonna watch it. I wish they would have chosen a different direction to go with the sequel and you all know what I mean without starting a war.

Love,

Tracy

:goodevil::angelnot:

I really don't think the public would accept anyone else as the Phantom as long as Gerry lives and would consider the role. I don't thnk anyone else is capable of bringing that particular character to life the way Gerry did. I know I would not go to see it if Gerry isn't in it, of his choice or not. I just wouldn't be interested in ever seeing anyone else play the role. I hope he is interested.

Sandy

I vote AYE to that gals! I would love to see him play in the sequel but I hope this time he gets to talk a bit more..."Make your choice!"... :drool1: I still shiver when I hear him say those words...Only Gerry can be the true Phantom now....no other will do and if it is not him...I won't be watching either...Hey don't you think that all his fansites should get together and send a letter to ALW saying just that?

I've received news about this sequel in my group and I'm scared!

http://www.ladyghost.com/phantom_sequel.html

The Phantom running a freak show???

Making love to a automaton that looks like Christine???

Given the Phantom's childhood in the carnival I can understand why this has been incorporated into the sequel. It harks back to his dark days before finding his way to the opera house. That would make sense to me.

As for the automaton ... perhaps his mind just couldn't take the pain of losing the real Christine? Who knows ... I'm not sure about this element myself but it will be interesting to read more during the coming months.

From a brief report which I've already seen elsewhere it seems that the first act was very well received at Sydmonton. We'll just have to try to keep an open mind until we know more.

ALW with his librettists created the Phantom we came to love .... we need to have faith in what he's going to attempt with the sequel until we're able to judge the results for ourselves. JMO.

I'm with you Patsy.

The thing about the automaton is news to me. But like you I have faith in ALW.

I've read The Phantom of Manhattan, and from my understanding, ALW is only using part of that story in his new musical.

So, it went well at Sydmonton? I hadn't heard anything about how it was recieved. I just knew that the first act was done and ALW was going to show it.

I'm with you Patsy.

The thing about the automaton is news to me. But like you I have faith in ALW.

I've read The Phantom of Manhattan, and from my understanding, ALW is only using part of that story in his new musical.

So, it went well at Sydmonton? I hadn't heard anything about how it was recieved. I just knew that the first act was done and ALW was going to show it.

Yes, my understanding is that it was well received by the people who were there. I believe there are one or two online reports but I'm afraid I cannot trace them now. Janet Street-Porter was one of the writers and I'm fairly sure she said that ALW would have another hit on his hands, or words to that effect. It was very positive.

I've received news about this sequel in my group and I'm scared!

http://www.ladyghost.com/phantom_sequel.html

The Phantom running a freak show???

Making love to a automaton that looks like Christine???

Ladyghost.

:bonk: Wow thank-you so much for this info! I am sharing it with all our sister sites too! Gerry went to London? OH PLEASE ANDREW....MAKE HIM REPRISE THE ROLE? :donjuan: But this time let him speak more often.....I need to hear him speak :drool1: His voice is so sexy and "gulp" menacingly delicious....

:drool1: I am with May!!!! Let Gerry use his own voice. It's the very first thing I noticed about this awesome man and led me to see who had that awesomely exciting voice and when I saw that beautiful smile and that quirk and those eyebrows!!!!!!, I was gone forever. He had me at first voice!!!! :thud:

This man is such a consumate actor, he can pull this new role off with ease and I will try to see it too. He is too beautiful and wonderful for words. :drink:

AOGJoanna :archie:

:cunning:Ah that voice I know it so well now! Here is a site where you can read up on news and add your own comments on this subject too. The more voices we send out the better...Only Gerry can do Phantom again....Gerry

I hope that the Phantom has more than just one solo, especially if Gerry ends up being in it one day. Don't get me wrong, Emmy sounded nice, but I simply love the Music of the Night because all I hear is Gerry's voice. The Point of No Return might be my favorite song, but I listen to Music of the Night more on my soundtrack because it's nothing but Gerry. I hope ALW doesn't mess this sequel up. I don't like the idea of the Phantom making love with anything that looks like Christine, kissing and hugging maybe but not making love. I mean the Phantom never forced himself upon Christine in the 2004 movie, and I would like for things to stay that way, even if the Phantom is not really making love with Christine. Besides, I think Raoul and Christine are a much better fit for each other, the Phantom needs someone who can understand him better and not just pity him like Christine did "Pitiful creature of darkness." All in all, though, if this remains R/C (but showing that there will always be some form of connection between the Phantom and Christine but without no scenes that suggest rape because I'm totally against that) and also if there is a lot of Phantom singing in solos when it's only him I'm hearing (especuially if it's Gerry), this sequel should be good. I would probably watch a film version of this sequel even if Gerry wasn't in it, but I don't think I would enjoy it as much, and I probably wouldn't watch it over and over and over and over again. I also wouldn't mind seeing Emmy and Patrick again.

Posted Image

We 'accepted' a mannikin of Christine in POTO, an automaton is surely another progression for Erik, he is after all 'working' Coney Island.

Until we know if the automaton is to be actively engaged in making love with Erik I tend to reserve judgement.

This is for a stage production, we can hardly have 'close up simulated sex'.......I rather think Erik will project his heartfelt poignant loss at the automatous Christine.....cue some soulful passionate music, a mellifluous aria from Erik....OK Sir ALW you've sold me that scene!

In the picture posted above the mannikin was somewhat poseable, Erik, being who he is the great inventor, skilled artisan, has simply fashioned another autonamous mannikin with somewhat limited movement.

hugs,

Anna X

Posted Image

We 'accepted' a mannikin of Christine in POTO, an automaton is surely another progression for Erik, he is after all 'working' Coney Island.

Until we know if the automaton is to be actively engaged in making love with Erik I tend to reserve judgement.

This is for a stage production, we can hardly have 'close up simulated sex'.......I rather think Erik will project his heartfelt poignant loss at the automatous Christine.....cue some soulful passionate music, a mellifluous aria from Erik....OK Sir ALW you've sold me that scene!

In the picture posted above the mannikin was somewhat poseable, Erik, being who he is the great inventor, skilled artisan, has simply fashioned another autonamous mannikin with somewhat limited movement.

hugs,

Anna X

Ah, stranger and stranger! Reading our comments is beginning to be almost as interesting as a possible sequel with Gerry! I hadn't heard anything about the automaton, but Anna's riff on the possibilities has me intrigued.

I don't remember anything like this in The Phantom of Manhatton, but then again Anna's reference to the mannikin is a good one. I would imagine that such a scene on stage would tend to be symbolic rather than realistic in its portrayal. I don't think rape is an issue here so much as fantasy. It would be yet one more illusion that the Phantom would invent in order to bear his loneliness.

At any rate, that would be one way to look at it. I just don't see ALW doing anything that would be grossly offensive. But then again I haven't kept up with the progress of his sequel.

Cheers, Sadie

I have a scene in my book where the Phantom relates to the bride figure of Christine, almost as if she were real. While he does not simulate sex with the doll, he does occasionally talk to it. For a person who is always alone, I find it poignant that this man would need something or someone to relate to , kind of like Wilson in Cast Away.

I honestly think the person who leaked this out is exaggerating about the Phantom having sex with the doll... but I guess we'll just have to wait and see. There is a nasty tone to the plot description, and I just don't trust this account.

Swannie

:funnyup: Eva Mari sweetie, that is the 'old' POTO with Sarah Brightman..................

hugs,

Anna X

PS :tantrum: new Dvd player not multi region! Half my collection is unplayable until we fix it.....still no POTO Cd, I'll have to order a new copy.

X

How do you fix a DVD player so that it is multi-regional? Please PM me with the answer. I want to order Lucy Sullivan and mine is not multi-HELP-PLEASE!

If Gerry doesn't play the Phantom. I ain't gonna watch it. I wish they would have chosen a different direction to go with the sequel and you all know what I mean without starting a war.

Love,

Tracy

:goodevil::angelnot:

I really don't think the public would accept anyone else as the Phantom as long as Gerry lives and would consider the role. I don't thnk anyone else is capable of bringing that particular character to life the way Gerry did. I know I would not go to see it if Gerry isn't in it, of his choice or not. I just wouldn't be interested in ever seeing anyone else play the role. I hope he is interested.

Sandy

I vote AYE to that gals! I would love to see him play in the sequel but I hope this time he gets to talk a bit more..."Make your choice!"... :drool1: I still shiver when I hear him say those words...Only Gerry can be the true Phantom now....no other will do and if it is not him...I won't be watching either...Hey don't you think that all his fansites should get together and send a letter to ALW saying just that?

I think in his original interview about a "movie" sequel he said he wouldn't make it with anyone other than Gerry. Wise man. Gerry IS the Phantom and ALW saw that in the beginning. He said Gerry was the perfect Phanton, the one he had always wanted to play the role, he just had to find him. He had nothing but GLORY for Gerry's interpretation of the character. I know he would certainly give Gerry the first choice.

Journalist Janet Street Porter had this to say in the Independant,

http://www.independent.co.uk/opinion/comme...mps-865540.html Scroll down page for article.

Last weekend, at Andrew Lloyd Webber's Sydmonton Festival, he unveiled his latest work in progress, the sequel to The Phantom of the Opera. I'm not allowed to reveal the plot – but judging by what I saw, he's on to another winner, when it opens in late 2009.With Phantom the longest-running show ever on Broadway, seen by 100 million people world-wide, you can see why Lloyd Webber is writing a follow-up.

We might be facing a recession, but musical theatre provides one form of escapism we don't want to give up. The success of TV reality shows like How Do You Solve a Problem Like Maria?, have led to new box office records for West End theatres.

hugs,

Anna x